Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well it seems to me, from talking to the Mexicans that surround me on all sides, that Latino can mean you're from a WHOLE lotta different places and cultures and using LatinX robs them of the nuance of their culture and identity and hodgepodges them all together into one group when they are really quite different.

 

If my interpretation is correct then I can kinda sympathize since all white people get lumped together as being white when its really far more nuanced then that. Honestly is for every race and culture across the planet. I work in a Sushi Resturant that employes Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Taiwanese people all at once and man they are all sooooooo fucking different from one another.

Wow....and they all get along?

 

Link to comment

ohhh this should be interesting... G4 is about to go live again with Attack of the Show...and surprisingly... the live chat is OPEN, folks.

 

I've already seen one person type "saying Olivia Munn gets you a timeout....why..?  She used to host it..." 😆

dis gon b gud this is gonna be good GIF

edit---yeah they probably should've left it closed....mods got a hard job today, man....I see LOTS of comments being deleted....

Edited by MillionX
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

 

Lol no, they arent.

They less views than channels that are smaller in subscribers count and have way less engagement.

And after that hilarious rant people are opting out of the channel quicker than before.

 

Channels that have built up an audience that have been around for years.. Some started during the dark ages of twitch ie. Max just hit 10 years. 

 

G4 literally came back a month ago lol. Come back in a yesr and we can see of its failing or doing well as a centralized hub for gaming. 

Link to comment
Just now, Maxx said:

Channels that have built up an audience that have been around for years.. Some started during the dark ages of twitch ie. Max just hit 10 years. 

 

G4 literally came back a month ago lol. Come back in a yesr and we can see of its failing or doing well as a centralized hub for gaming. 

LMAO.

Is like you are willfully ignoring why the independent gaming channels have becoming the get go for most people now days instead of "centralized" hubs like ign and what g4 is trying here.

 

The moment they decided to interject politics they doomed themselves, specially seeing their dumbasery online, like Adam Sessler going not so long ago on a tirade of tweets insulting republicans for example.

 

2022.01.12-10.03-boundingintocomics-61df

 

That is a sure way to just shoo away any viewer, not only republicans, but also people that are not turd for brains.

 

Link to comment

I have never watched a single thing G4 has ever aired. I’ve seen screen shots and gifs or whatever but I never watched a single clip or program from them. I never found them relevant because I’ve never really found the need for a “gaming” outlet like that. Plus like many have noted most of the personalities on there were there for marketability and not actual knowledge or experience in their fields. 
 

its all just dumb to me. 

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

LMAO.

Is like you are willfully ignoring why the independent gaming channels have becoming the get go for most people now days instead of "centralized" hubs like ign and what g4 is trying here.

 

The moment they decided to interject politics they doomed themselves, specially seeing their dumbasery online, like Adam Sessler going not so long ago on a tirade of tweets insulting republicans for example.

 

2022.01.12-10.03-boundingintocomics-61df

 

That is a sure way to just shoo away any viewer, not only republicans, but also people that are not turd for brains.

 

pick a lane..were they doomed to fail because of politics or no. because your arguing two different points.

 

i dont even think you understand what willful ignorance even means.


centralized hubs are always necessary. look at the fgc...its scattered in a million different places from twitch, twitter,a million fucking discords. its hard to stay connected. thats why srk was a good place to bring those types of things together. look at the time it was like for e3 back then, alot of these conferences arent even streamed very well. a place like g4 can make up for that ,have some good content going...but we dont know til they get time to get settled. find what their voice will be in this new era of streaming and gaming.

 

 

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I have never watched a single thing G4 has ever aired. I’ve seen screen shots and gifs or whatever but I never watched a single clip or program from them. I never found them relevant because I’ve never really found the need for a “gaming” outlet like that. Plus like many have noted most of the personalities on there were there for marketability and not actual knowledge or experience in their fields. 
 

its all just dumb to me. 

no we were specifically targeting morgan webb and olivia munn. everyone else was pretty much in the gaming sphere or has stayed in it since they got that job like a decade or two ago. but even thats wrong since morgan has a pretty deep tech background..shes from the tech tv era.

Edited by Maxx
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

 

The moment they decided to interject politics they doomed themselves, specially seeing their dumbasery online, like Adam Sessler going not so long ago on a tirade of tweets insulting republicans for example.

 

2022.01.12-10.03-boundingintocomics-61df

 

That is a sure way to just shoo away any viewer, not only republicans, but also people that are not turd for brains.

 

Politics are fine when you have a sensible position (e.g., non-blanket view). Shit like this is just being insanely foolish. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

snip

 

Nigga, they already shown their voice, and people are tuning out because of it.

They had an uphill battle before, but now they are fucked.

 

At best, what they can hope for now is to have a series within the channel that brings eyes and is popular while the rest of their videos are eclipsed by it, like Screen Rant, where everything is barely viewed outside the Pitch Meeting sketches, because otherwise they have nothing that people can and will find elsewhere.

Link to comment

@Hecatom Wanna put an over/under on the chance that after this shitstorm they dump the frumpy chick and put a sexpot in the show for views like IGN did a few years back?

 

This was on the trivia page for Froskurinn

Was diagnosed with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) in 2020.[

She only needs to be a vegan, and then she's every girl from Portland.  I swear something is wrong with that place, it's as if twitter was a real life place.

 

Source:
https://lol.fandom.com/wiki/Froskurinn

 

Link to comment

I'm sure they are coming from somewhere with "Latinx" that would be considered admirable. I'm not a native Spanish speaker and I'm not going to pretend I am, but I think it's kind of clear that wherever this team originated from that it came from someone/somewhere of English fluency or background.

 

The concept of gender within language is completely arbitrary for the most part. For example, in German, der Löffel (a spoon) is masculine, die Gabel (a fork) is feminine, and das Messer (a knife) is neutral (neutral is specifically used to refer to children or a neutral designated object). There is no real logical explanation for this. This is the same way in French, Portuguese, Italian, and many other languages. 

 

It seems that the major criticism from people here and elsewhere with a term like "Latinx" is that it undermines the language itself and doesn't really work with a two "gender" (I could literally call it anything else, it's arbitrary) case system like in Spanish. In these circumstances then, wouldn't that just be imposing some English bias on a language where they aren't speaking English? I know some people here are native Spanish speakers so I am legitimately curious as to how something like this would work. Languages change all the time and I'm sure it could allow something like "Latinx" to exist but wouldn't it still fall under gendered casing rules?

Link to comment

I can't get enough of this shit

The subcount loss isn't as severe as I was expecting though... currently they are at 496k, which is only about 1000 less from what I remember seeing yesterday...so not so bad but I'm sure the people running this channel wish they could go back in time and prevent her from going on that live rant that basically shit the bed.  It should be fun to see whatever happens over the next few weeks at least.

 

Mannnn I would pay to have been able to read the minds of those co-hosts on set during that magical moment... the newer people, basically----I'd bet it was something like "Oh no.... she's feeding the trolls right now....LIVE.  No one's going to stop her.  At least 40 reaction channels will have a field day with this shit tomorrow.  Yeah, this is how it all ends with this new gig, I guess.....damn.."  then perhaps he looks over to Adam for some kind of sign, some guidance on what to do here in the moment since he's the Grand Elder on the show....only to see Adam clapping like a seal in full "you go girl!" mode.

Edited by MillionX
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I can't get enough of this shit

The subcount loss isn't as severe as I was expecting though... currently they are at 496k, which is only about 1000 less from what I remember seeing yesterday...so not so bad but I'm sure the people running this channel wish they could go back in time and prevent her from going on that live rant that basically shit the bed.  It should be fun to see whatever happens over the next few weeks at least.

 

Mannnn I would pay to have been able to read the minds of those co-hosts on set during that magical moment... the newer people, basically----I'd bet it was something like "Oh no.... she's feeding the trolls right now....LIVE.  No one's going to stop her.  At least 40 reaction channels will have a field day with this shit tomorrow.  Yeah, this is how it all ends with this new gig, I guess.....damn.."  then perhaps he looks over to Adam for some kind of sign, some guidance on what to do here in the moment since he's the Grand Elder on the show....only to see Adam clapping like a seal in full "you go girl!" mode.

The sub count loss isn't going to be as bad as peoole think because there are people who side with her message one way or the other and it resonated.  I've seen a few comments of people that weren't even aware of G4's existence and this video showed up in their feed or they found out about it through other means.  Her spreading misinformation is disappointing especially if that's the crux of the reason for her outburst but some of what she said isn't technically wrong.  Her argument does have flaws in it but the parts that are true seem to be reaching people.

Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Her spreading misinformation is disappointing especially if that's the crux of the reason for her outburst but some of what she said isn't technically wrong.

That's my issue with her. The blatant likes about G4 when it was unnecessary to prove her point. It undercuts everything she says. Maybe she didn't want to through Morgan and especially Olivia under the bus but by doing so she threw her self under it. People are just going to rolling out clips and pics of old G4 which instantly wrecks her credibility. She basically pulled a Marcia Clark and asked OJ to put on the gloves. 

Link to comment

Idiots in my hometown bitching about covid. Can't even get mfers to stay home or wear a mask so I know the shot is out of the question.

 

And I'm not trynna pressure anybody into injecting themselves if they're not comfortable, but they won't even be bothered with the minor inconvenience of not going around crowds or wearing masks, like that's the least you can do to help slow  the spread 

 

Blows my mind to see ppl complain about something they can actually change 🤦🏾‍♂️

Link to comment
3 hours ago, elliephil said:

For example, in German, der Löffel (a spoon) is masculine, die Gabel (a fork) is feminine, and das Messer (a knife) is neutral

Funny, in Spanish a spoon is femenine (cuchara), fork is male (tenedor), and knife is also male (cuchillo). Masculine nouns end in O, L , N, E, R and S.

 

There's been a minority that wants to make changes to the language, like changing TODOS (everybody) for TODES because some think it's discriminatory and not inclusive. The Royal Academy of Spanish clarified that TODOS , though grammatically masculine, is inclusive, and thus, no need for making changes. The RAE said inclusive language is unnecessary and alien to the morphology of the Spanish language. When asked how to refer to a non-binary person, the RAE suggested asking that person how he/she would like to be referred to as.

In Argentina, however, inclusive language has gotten a foothold, mainly with teenagers from what I understand, and they have been pushing hard for inclusive language. Many of their compatriots mock inclusive language. Argentina is... peculiar.

 

Anyway, governments of Argentina, Spain, Chile and Peru are studying a project to ban inclusive language since it deforms the language. Take the word "jóvenes" (youths). There's

los jóvenes (all the youths or male youths if referring to a specific group)

las jóvenes (the female youths)

 

The inclusive people are now calling female youths "jóvenas". It's a weird mix they are doing with nouns and changing letters, I don't like it.

 

I have seen American movies and TV shows where a girl calls a group of girls like "hey, you guys!" So... 🤷‍♂️

 

 

 

Edited by AriesWarlock
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's my issue with her. The blatant likes about G4 when it was unnecessary to prove her point. It undercuts everything she says. Maybe she didn't want to through Morgan and especially Olivia under the bus but by doing so she threw her self under it. People are just going to rolling out clips and pics of old G4 which instantly wrecks her credibility. She basically pulled a Marcia Clark and asked OJ to put on the gloves. 

I just think this is why extreme gatekeeping is necessary.  Women invade our spaces then cry about the way they are treated.  You don't like it then get the fuck out, no one asked you to come here.  Go be a victim somewhere else.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Funny, in Spanish a spoon is femenine (cuchara), fork is male (tenedor), and knife is also male (cuchillo). Masculine nouns end in O, L , N, E, R and S.

 

There's been a minority that wants to make changes to the language, like changing TODOS (everybody) for TODES because some think it's discriminatory and not inclusive. The Royal Academy of Spanish clarified that TODOS , though grammatically masculine, is inclusive, and thus, no need for making changes. The RAE said inclusive language is unnecessary and alien to the morphology of the Spanish language. When asked how to refer to a non-binary person, the RAE suggested asking that person how he/she would like to be referred to as.

In Argentina, however, inclusive language has gotten a foothold, mainly with teenagers from what I understand, and they have been pushing hard for inclusive language. Many of their compatriots mock inclusive language. Argentina is... peculiar.

 

Anyway, governments of Argentina, Spain, Chile and Peru are studying a project to ban inclusive language since it deforms the language. Take the word "jóvenes" (youths). There's

los jóvenes (all the youths or male youths if referring to a specific group)

las jóvenes (the female youths)

 

The inclusive people are now calling female youths "jóvenas". It's a weird mix they are doing with nouns and changing letters, I don't like it.

 

I have seen American movies and TV shows where a girl calls a group of girls like "hey, you guys!" So... 🤷‍♂️

 

 

 

 

Just to elaborate more on your post.

What is funny is that in spanish we have both female and male gendered words that refer to singulars and groups.

For example, la persona, aka person is female, you can refer to anyone regarded their sex with a female word and is correct

 

The group la gente refers to a group of people, many words that refer to groups have synonyms that can be a gender or another, which points out how stupid the idea of neutral gender made up words is in spanish.

 

Also, while for a general rule you could say that ending with O, and E can work to identify male words from female words, we have a lot of words that dont follow the rule, like gente, nube, cal for example, that are female gendered.

 

Also, S is more for plurals, so it can be either way.

 

 

As for the argentina situation, is a weird one, the truth is that is a really small minority that is pushing for that crap, it seems like it is a lot of people because there are people in media pushing for it, so they make it seem like more, but in reality is relentlessly mocked by most.

 

Recently there was a meme in latin america where a girl went viral for having a meltdown because a guy called her compañera which is female for classmate instead of the made up word compañere, and she became unhinged crying that she wasnt his compañera but compañere.

The guy calmly "corrected" himself and proceeded to say what he wanted, that it was that he wouldnt be able to stay in the class for long since there was a hurricane coming to his city so there was a chance of a blackout.

Sufice to say, everyone in the online class, classmates and teacher where seeing the girl having a meltdown with mockery and or annoyance.

 

It became a meme last year with people imitating her every where in latin america mocking the stupidity of inclusive language.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, J-ride said:

I just think this is why extreme gatekeeping is necessary.  Women invade our spaces then cry about the way they are treated.  You don't like it then get the fuck out, no one asked you to come here.  Go be a victim somewhere else.

Lmfao the idea of gaming is "our space" ie. Men, is dumb as fuck. Wat. 

 

Next your gonns tell me minorities shouldnt like being called slurs because of the same dumb slippery slope logic. 

Edited by Maxx
Link to comment

Y'know... ultimately it won't be so bad; they'll lose a few thousand more subs, and the amount of people watching live will go down for a while. (*it got an increase yesterday for sure with everyone tuning in to see what was to happen next).... and that will be it.  A "few" thousand subs gone isn't much of a big deal when you're still sitting on 490k+....but the biggest thing to save them will be the short attention span of most people--- at some point in the next 2 or 3 months...there will be a NEW trainwreck for everyone to point and laugh about, and all the reaction-channels focus on that for a while, until the next thing pops up after that, and so on and so on.  When some new juicy bullshit pops off, most people tend to forget about the previous thing.

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao the idea of gaming is "our space" ie. Men, is dumb as fuck. Wat. 

 

Next your gonns tell me minorities shouldnt like being called slurs because of the same dumb slippery slope logic. 

This is just women invading male spaces, and I saw the same thing with Boyscouts.  It took me 10 years to become an Eagle Scout and they gave it to some girl a few years ago in 3 years which would be impossible under the previous standards to earn.  It's moreso that we can't have male only spaces, but I do appreciate bad analogies and slippery slope fallacies, they are very introspective.  I've noticed the same subversion in D+D and Warhammer, because we have make women  feel welcome in our hobbies for some reason.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, J-ride said:

This is just women invading male spaces, and I saw the same thing with Boyscouts.  It took me 10 years to become an Eagle Scout and they gave it to some girl a few years ago in 3 years which would be impossible under the previous standards to earn.  It's moreso that we can't have male only spaces, but I do appreciate bad analogies and slippery slope fallacies, they are very introspective.  I've noticed the same subversion in D+D and Warhammer, because we have make women  feel welcome in our hobbies for some reason.

Boyscouts and gaming comparison doesnt work. Gaming inherently is a space for everyone.. Because literally anyone can buy a game or system. There are no rules and never have been about who could specifically buy said game or be apart of that community. The rules arent changing for the most part.. Their just reinforcing already existing rules about not being an asshole. 

 

You are legit the first person who ive seen call gaming a male only space. 

 

Link to comment

hahaha Nerdrotic and crew are having a blast to this shit right now

fuckin hilarious what's going on now....with Chrissie Mayr (I think that's her) pretending to be Frosk, as some others are doing the Adam "Seal Clap" 🤣

 

On another note--- 3 day weekend starts now... hell yeah; all I want to do is play more Diablo 3 and Dead Cells, and my wonderful Ms. Pacman arcade 1up.... pizza or a huge calzone is the plan for tomorrow of course.

Edited by MillionX
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select