Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Well, in my usual searching random stuff for those sweet MS reward points... I found out today that there are "vampire moths" out there:

"You'll never grow old, Michael...and you'll never die... but you must feed."

heh, that points system is too damn good; so I picked up about 300 or so just in the past few minutes from the searching, that "weekly set" and the quiz stuff... then 1000 yesterday from Live... sheeeittttt.... I wish Nintendo's point system was this good.

Edited by MillionX

I've watched Monster Hunter 4 times in 4 days now with a bunch of different people.  IGN is tripping balls if they think this movie is as bad, much less twice as bad, as LoCL, Tekken the movie, Resi Afterlife and DB Evolution like their IGN scores indicated.

MonHun was easily WS' best effort since the first MK film and I just showed it to people who both love MonHun and who hated the Resi films and they said where the fuck was this WS the last 20 years.  Capcom even confirmed it's canon.  

Tony Jaa wound up being the star of the movie, and not even because of his fighting.  As a character he did something no one has done since the CPS2 era: he made Milla bearable as a main cast member.  I'm hoping that this is the start of him climbing out of the hole his agent has put him in since he moved to Hollywood.

As I said, I think we've all been locked up too long.  Just as people will get hype over something blatantly insulting, people will shit on something that turned out OK.  Movie definitely has flaws but there's potential for a much better sequel and Toho are masters of their craft.  My buddy who just watched it saw the review, compared it to the other video game/anime garbage scores (if you're curious, MonHun got a 3/10 while all those movies got an average of 5.5/10) and said "From now on let's just do the opposite of whatever the fandom suggests and judge from there."

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

This potentially has some wild ass ramifications for tattoo industry if she loses. 

Rather obnoxious but it makes sense. You don't own someone's face so you don't really have a right to profit off of said face. 

Anecdotal of course but every time I've seen someone discover their face is tatood on someone else the reaction has rarely been...straight posativity...

Edited by RSG3
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Rather obnoxious but it makes sense. You don't own someone's face so you don't really have a right to profit off of said face. 

Anecdotal of course but every time I've seen someone discover their face is tatood on someone else the reaction has rarely been...straight posativity...

It's more the copyright infringement stuff. So much of the tattoo industry is doing copyrighted characters. Most companies turn a blind eye. Like how comic companies ignore all the artists who sell posters or art of their characters. 

Just now, Maxx said:

It's more the copyright infringement stuff. So much of the tattoo industry is doing copyrighted characters. Most companies turn a blind eye. Like how comic companies ignore all the artists who sell posters or art of their characters. 

I know. It's something that just kind of was...silently accepted as ok while artists in other industries got clapped for basically the same thing...drawing other people's shit. 

Its an interesting situation and I'm kind of surprised it took this long for someone to take issue with it. 

Tatoo artists probably should have been more careful about it over the years but I totally get why they weren't cuz yea no one seemed to care for the longest. It's something I've always found kind of interesting from an outside looking in perspective because I don't like Tats at all.

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Not really. You don't have the right to make money off someone else's face or work. 

LOL yes and no. It's like when you date someone for so long the govt decides you married now. 

They let this shit slide for so long they should just let it go lmfao 

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Is anyone playing strive in here? I'm trying to figure out this 214s infinite. Because I'm missing something... 214s launches them across the room not sure how you keep the  up and switch sides 

It looks like just a normal Roman Cancel?  Also, given how far the damage output be comes non-existent after a few loops I see it as more of a mix up set up than an actual infinite. Sorta like what ROM became for Magneto in MvC2

Edited by iStu X
6 hours ago, Maxx said:

Late night tinder scrolling.... I went to college with her and I have so many questions. Like are you legit lookin for friends... On fucking tinder? Or is he not hitting your cape verdian walls right? 

spacer.png

perhaps that's her absolute best pic but goddamn that girl is gorgeous... looks like she could be one of the Mowry sisters.  Haha but yeah...it looks like she's on the prowl for some side-action.

Meanwhile, the "women posting their Ls" instagram (and twitter) continues to give me gold... the latest one I noticed was this:

• "Four years ago I had the best bf ever that did anything to make me happy, my momma loved him, everything.  He bought me the cutest puppy and I left him for a cheating ass drugdealer with 4 kids. Nursury retrograde rlly be fuckin shit up."

I am not sure what that last sentence even means, but once again there it is straight from the horse's mouth.  It's always amusing to see how they provide such easy evidence that they are always doomed to make hilariously bad decisions in a short-term OR long-term mate.  Another funny thing is that there's people who would swear up and down this is NOT the case.

It seems simple enough to me... give me a choice between let's say Jodi Arias (woman convicted of murdering her boyfriend in the shower) or a relatively sane woman who will treat me right... no way in the world I'm picking Jodi.  For some reason, most women (of the past few generations at least; not just "today") seem to be incapable of making the correct choice in that area of life.

Edited by MillionX

we've been "lucky" enough to just be snowed in here.  I haven't been outside the house since last weekend, actually...not even to check the mail.  Yesterday it got sunny and up to a "high" of 36 or so...so there's progress of this ice prison starting to go away....it's forecasted to be sunny and warmer today as well.  It was a good thing I happened to buy a few more groceries than usual last time, but I'm finally starting to run out of stuff here... I have enough pasta to cook maybe 2 more pots of it...and a few vegetables....after that I just have oatmeal and pancake mix.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

perhaps that's her absolute best pic but goddamn that girl is gorgeous... looks like she could be one of the Mowry sisters.  Haha but yeah...it looks like she's on the prowl for some side-action.

Meanwhile, the "women posting their Ls" instagram (and twitter) continues to give me gold... the latest one I noticed was this:

• "Four years ago I had the best bf ever that did anything to make me happy, my momma loved him, everything.  He bought me the cutest puppy and I left him for a cheating ass drugdealer with 4 kids. Nursury retrograde rlly be fuckin shit up."

I am not sure what that last sentence even means, but once again there it is straight from the horse's mouth.  It's always amusing to see how they provide such easy evidence that they are always doomed to make hilariously bad decisions in a short-term OR long-term mate.  Another funny thing is that there's people who would swear up and down this is NOT the case.

It seems simple enough to me... give me a choice between let's say Jodi Arias (woman convicted of murdering her boyfriend in the shower) or a relatively sane woman who will treat me right... no way in the world I'm picking Jodi.  For some reason, most women (of the past few generations at least; not just "today") seem to be incapable of making the correct choice in that area of life.

Nah that's not her best Pic lmfao. She's always been crazy pretty lol. First cape verdian I ever met. 

6 hours ago, iStu X said:

It looks like just a normal Roman Cancel?  Also, given how far the damage output be comes non-existent after a few loops I see it as more of a mix up set up than an actual infinite. Sorta like what ROM became for Magneto in MvC2

It's got damage scaling. It's still a problem if say your opponent has lower health bar. You can basically time scam them and infinite them til the time runs out. Ie. Cloud doing the infinite in Mvc3 to timeout. 

I actually got out and walked up to our mailbox yesterday in the snow. I've been inside pretty much all week, with the exception of a couple minutes here and there to let our dogs out. 

Our HOA is letting the remainder of the water be used today for 3 hours from 3pm to 6pm, after that it's up to the common carrier for the utility to get things back up and working.

11 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Poor Metallica.  They probably didn't see this coming.

Lol twitch is the worst, I feel dirty having their app on my phone. 

Metallica's record company probably owns all or at least a good chunk of their publishing, but this is twitch being ridiculous and record companies being equally ridiculous for not figuring out a blanket licensing deal for this stuff. 

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Lol twitch is the worst, I feel dirty having their app on my phone. 

Metallica's record company probably owns all or at least a good chunk of their publishing, but this is twitch being ridiculous and record companies being equally ridiculous for not figuring out a blanket licensing deal for this stuff. 

Alot of the dcma rules are fucked. To my knowledge the record company doesn't have to be the ones to claim copyright infringement. Like on YouTube anyone can claim it, so YouTube has to immediately take it down or their liable due to the dcma laws. It takes them days to figure of its a fake claim or not.  But also fuck Metallica because they helped create this problem 

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Alot of the dcma rules are fucked. To my knowledge the record company doesn't have to be the ones to claim copyright infringement. Like on YouTube anyone can claim it, so YouTube has to immediately take it down or their liable due to the dcma laws. It takes them days to figure of its a fake claim or not.  But also fuck Metallica because they helped create this problem 

Metallica was well within their rights to sue Napster, but they're old school and didn't realize that sometimes leaving money on the table allows you to make more money in the long run. But yeah the dmca rules need an overhaul because it's gotten ridiculous the way they're employed especially by big companies. 

THe overall problem that I see tho  is that lawyers ruin everything and should all be put to death. 

26 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Metallica was well within their rights to sue Napster, but they're old school and didn't realize that sometimes leaving money on the table allows you to make more money in the long run. But yeah the dmca rules need an overhaul because it's gotten ridiculous the way they're employed especially by big companies. 

THe overall problem that I see tho  is that lawyers ruin everything and should all be put to death. 

They were in their rights Def. But it was a all or nothing move and they didn't truly understand the ripple affects. They got scared of Napster and instead of seeing the future they wanted to keep the past. 

Tech laws always take too long to change. They are never ahead of the game always always behind it. 

Because the music performers didn't see the value in working with he changing times now the music companies are fucking them. This is why they get 5 cents per stream and the companies make all the fuckin money. 

Ok, that show Van Hellsing definitely gets a bit better about mid to late in the first season.  That's bad though... a series should hit you with awesome shit from episode #1 if they really want to keep and grow an audience.  That season finale though...niiiice.  There's an interesting change that happens with Vanessa, there's betrayals going on with certain characters, and right at the end Vanessa actually finds her daughter, resulting in all kinds of new questions being raised considering the situation.  Also... the general hierarchy of the vamps is better defined from about the mid point on to the end of season 1... the lame chumps in the beginning are low-rank "ferals".  The elites are more human-like, retaining their same level of intelligence.

I've also been catching up slowly on the new Attack on Titan season... sheeeeitttt, that Armor Titan is the coolest shit to me; if I had a choice I'd definitely go with that as my titan form.  Imagine if something like that showed up in the world... I figure the military forces of the world would eventually wear it down but it would take while since he's fast on top of having that cool armored skin...I'm sure ordinary ammo would not work against such a creature; you'd need to dump as many bombs and missles on that dude as possible, likely resulting in a lot of collateral damage.

Edited by MillionX