Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If you click on that article there were at least 2 similar cases that showed up in the related clicks on the bottom of the page.  The legal system straight up simps for women pulling this nonsense and I'm pretty tired of it.  But it's still NOTHING compared to family court.  It's common practice to falsely accuse the husband of sexually abusing the kids, and that strategy is even has a name, it's called "the silver bullet."

On 1/20/2022 at 10:12 AM, Chadouken said:

Can you imagine what we could get done if we, as Americans, came together and told all those assholes to fuck off?

I wish the problem was that easy. Maybe it is. But there's basically hundreds of years of fucked up history + a combination of sociopaths/psychopaths/narcissits in charge of things + people who've bought in to ideas that are long term harmful etc.

You could start making a list of all the things working against us, from all the different angles it is doing so and we'd spend a good 3-4 months writing it. That's even well before we get to the issue that people don't make decisions based on information.

20 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Darksakul is the walking talking definition of "Military Grade."

That's such a fucked up insult I'm kinda sad I didn't come up with it.

The two of you gotta settle that beef.

29 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's such a fucked up insult I'm kinda sad I didn't come up with it.

Thanks. I'm rather proud of it myself. I think its a pretty good one because it slips  under the radar to the point a lot of people would think it was a compliment. If he was in the Military like he claims he knows EXACTLY what it meant, and it wasn't a positive. So I'm pretty proud of it.

29 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The two of you gotta settle that beef.

I dont think I could ever squash beef with a guy who wishes to use the Cops as a cudgel against people he doesn't like, especially through duplicitous means like Swatting.

There's so much fucking wrong with this on so many fucking levels, the victim of the Swatting, the Swat officer who has to live with whatever happens in that home to an innocent person, the waste of tax dollars, the ABSOLUTE TERRORISM of using the cops as a weapon against people whom you ideologically disagree with, or just find to be dumb, like DSP who hurts no one but himself. Darksakul supports domestic terrorism and he can fuck off forever. MrBee should ban his ass for even saying that disgusting shit here.

Hes literally no different then Trump using the cops to tear gas a group of protestors so he can have a photo op. That's Darksakul.

I will die on this hill.

Edited by RSG3
10 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

What does military grade even mean in this context?

RSG3 explained but a bit more should be added. Military Grade isn't used by people in the military. Basically for all the things explained already.

Sometimes it's hilariously bad to the point of scandals. When the Iraq war was in full swing, parents where sending commercial bullet proof vests to their sons in the army because the ones you could buy were better than the ones given to them.

If you ever need to fuck with somebody enlisted or who was in the past 20 years, any time you see then get any type of minor injury or if they complain about some health issue, offer them 500 mg of Ibuprofen.

That'll either get a laugh or the dirtiest look wondering how you know.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Sometimes it's hilariously bad to the point of scandals. When the Iraq war was in full swing, parents where sending commercial bullet proof vests to their sons in the army because the ones you could buy were better than the ones given to them.

Dude I remember that. That was ridiculous. People where shipping Bullet Proof Vests to their sons over seas because the store bought ones where way better then the Military Provided Vests.

This was the same time that it turned out our Humveees where armored like dog shit and where getting pwned by every fucking rock and bump on the road.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna4731185

Edited by RSG3

the one that was making the news, at least during Fox News at the time, was the Dragon Scale bullet proof vest. Maybe we were wrong though:

https://www.quora.com/Was-Dragon-Skin-armor-actually-heavily-flawed-and-why-wasnt-it-adopted-by-the-US-Army-and-US-Marine-Corps

Apparently that whole period was memes from the company making it.  Damn, maybe those shitty boots that you gotta wear 3 socks for are better than we think.

Going off the earlier Military Grade discussion, 

I don't know if this video exists on YT still, but there was a video I watched many years ago where Congress as a whole tried to ban water via the use of it's scientific name (why there's a scientific name for water I don't fucking know). We elected dumb-ass people back in the 80s and 90s to Congress, and the trend has gotten progressively worse of the last 30-40 years. 

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
58 minutes ago, J-ride said:

It's kinda crazy how good the civilian market bullet proof vests are.  You can get ones that are really thin that can stop rifle rounds which is pretty nuts.  I did think it was hilarious that some US politicians were wanting to ban bullet proof vests for whatever retarded reason they had at the time.

You still end up with broken ribs and bruises 

5 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

You still end up with broken ribs and bruises 

That's still better than a permanent wound cavity (if you live).  My Uncle is a cop and got shot in the vest directly in the sternum and he said it felt like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer.

Intel is spending $20 billion to build a massive chip-making facility in Ohio

Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger expects it to be the biggest 'silicon manufacturing location on the planet.'

Intel has revealed its plans to build a massive semiconductor facility in Ohio to Time — one that company CEO Pat Gelsinger is expecting to become "the largest silicon manufacturing location on the planet." The company is earmarking $20 billion to build the site on a 1,000-acre land in New Albany, located on the outskirts of Columbus, Ohio. Intel's initial plans include building two semiconductor fabrication plants (or fabs) on the property that would employ 3,000 people. Construction on the site is scheduled to begin this year, and Intel expects the fabs to be operational by 2025.

A Bloomberg report back in late 2021 claimed that the White House "strongly discouraged" Intel from ramping up chip production in China. The administration has been pushing for companies to manufacture chips in the US in order to address the ongoing global shortage. In turn, companies have been lobbying the president to fund semiconductor research and manufacturing. It's worth noting, though, that since building new plants takes years, projects like this won't be able to help address supply chain shortages anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Intel said it looked at 38 different sites in the US for the facility but ultimately chose Ohio, because of all the space it could use. The company doesn't want to build in places where it could displace residents, since that's what ultimately killed Amazon's plans to build a second headquarters in NYC. When the fabs are done, Intel will use them to manufacture both its own chips and chips for clients under the Intel Foundry Services. The company announced its foundry services when it revealed that it's building two factories in Arizona, which will also cost Intel $20 billion, back in March 2021. 

According to Gelsinger, the chipmaker has the option to expand the Ohio site to 2,000 acres and to build as many as eight fabs in the future. "We helped to establish the Silicon Valley," the CEO told Time. "Now we’re going to do the Silicon Heartland."

Update 01/21/22 3:45PM ET: Intel has officially published a press release confirming that it's building a new "mega-site" in Ohio. The whole project, if the company decides to expand its initial plans and build more fabs, could be worth up to $100 billion over the next decade.

Edited by AriesWarlock
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

oh yeah... I keep waiting for the day when a woman will attempt an assassination on a major political figure...so we can all laugh at the ridiculous slap on the wrist she would be guaranteed to get.  It would be something like house arrest and/or probation.....and *maybe* a fine or community service for 30 days.  She could even be nearly successful and inflict a minor injury on a sitting President... and she would effectively get away with the lightest punishment possible.

damn... Nerdrotic must be up there in the ranks of top superchat numbers....stream just started a little while ago, and at a glance I already see at least three $100 superchats, another one for $50, and earlier he was reading a $500 one!  They money that stream brings in on a regular basis must be insane... even considering the large cut that youtube takes.

Edited by MillionX