Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

^yep, I've heard the unfortunate news yesterday.  So basically...a release date in 2021 is no longer even possible..if they're putting a different company on lead development, it kinda sounds like they might be doing a complete overhaul, like development just got reset 😞 .  It's a good thing I decided against a pre-order on this...the thing that put me off was them having pre-orders up even though a release date still wasn't announced, so I was already hesitant and ultimately decided to just wait until they at least announce a date.  Still, the "Elif" character (FINE-ass Tremere clan vamp featured in the gameplay preview; she's also seen in the trailers) statue was tempting.

...so I can only continue playing VTM in my own "head-cannon" so to speak, daydreaming of how cool it would be to be of clan Tremere, or Lasombra, Nosferatu, Ministry, etc. in that world.

Besides the clan curses/banes... the only true curse of the vampiric condition in that lore is that you'd more than likely be cut off from any friends and family; continued contact with them automatically puts them at risk for all kinds of bad shit to happen.

edit---mannnn I still love that trailer though:

Edited by MillionX

RL being a Qanon loon, while not horribly shocking, is funnier when you consider...

1) Dante is a gun nut

2) Dante was once in love with his mother's clone, so he's got a bit of Alabama Trumper in him

3) Devil May Cry is heavy into religious/mythology type references, so it lines up with some of the common things Qanon are into

4) Dante once fought lizard people in DMC1, a common accusation the conspiracy nuts associate with leftist politicians secretly being lizard people who worship Satan (well Mundus in this case).  

yeah it surprises me that some folks (youtubers) even go so far as to say "it's a good idea in theory but..." referring to Stadia but I'm thinking "NOPE."  It's not even good "in theory".  The very concept of streaming-only, cloud-based gaming is the most foolish horseshit I've ever seen in this industry.  It is an idea that should absolutely be stomped out at the drawing board stages.  It is impossible for it to ever be a good idea for the consumer no matter what company is behind that nonsense.

It's amazing that any gamer was ever on board with such a thing---"hey guys, instead of me selling you this product, how about an extended rental of it?  You never actually have it...and it costs more in the long run...annnnd I can change it or take it away from you at any time, for any reason.  You don't have control over anything in this situation at all, really.  Also, in addition to the monthly fee, you have to purchase the games individually....even though you own absolutely nothing at any time....and it can all be taken away from you at any time for any reason.  Also keep in mind your actual gaming experience on this will be worse than any other platform...and there's no exclusives except that 1 that everyone already forgot about."

Who buys into some shit like that?  🤣

Edited by MillionX
34 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

RL being a Qanon loon, while not horribly shocking, is funnier when you consider...

1) Dante is a gun nut

2) Dante was once in love with his mother's clone, so he's got a bit of Alabama Trumper in him

3) Devil May Cry is heavy into religious/mythology type references, so it lines up with some of the common things Qanon are into

4) Dante once fought lizard people in DMC1, a common accusation the conspiracy nuts associate with leftist politicians secretly being lizard people who worship Satan (well Mundus in this case).  

Is Dante a dirty conservative then? Do we have to cancel a mf tonight? I'm calling the defunded cops.

Edited by Dayaan
53 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

1) Dante is a gun nut

People have been talking about RL for a minute when QAnon started rearing his head.  Pretty disappointing that he believes in that garbage.  Dude does good mocap work and he's got his hand in a ton of projects so I imagine he's cemented in pretty firmly for the moment but if he keeps it up he's probably gonna end up getting replaced at some point.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

People have been talking about RL for a minute when QAnon started rearing his head.  Pretty disappointing that he believes in that garbage.  Dude does good mocap work and he's got his hand in a ton of projects so I imagine he's cemented in pretty firmly for the moment but if he keeps it up he's probably gonna end uo getting replaced at some point.

I had heard the rumblings too.  I hope DMC1 Dante VA isn't busy, he might need to be called up as a relief pitcher in case RL gets the CapCop Brutality.  

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

There's been a lot talk about 1st amendment rights when it comes to being fired for saying dumb shit.  Lot of people are finding out the hard way again that it protects you from government prosecution but not from public consequences.  So if RL keeps fucking around he'll eventually find out.

Not entirely familiar on Constitutional law yet, and I don't want to continue making things political, but can you get fired from your government position for saying certain things? Even if you're just a cubicle monster?

Just now, Dayaan said:

Not entirely familiar on Constitutional law yet, and I don't want to continue making things political, but can you get fired from your government position for saying certain things? Even if you're just a cubicle monster?

A lot of companies have some core values kinda thing going for them, not just as a sales pitch to get you invested, but to also give you the boot if they see you shitposting about stuff like that and are concerned it'll blow back on them.  One time FB undid my "only friends can see me post" algorithm and I got called into the office because I was told my social media was "lewd and disturbing" because I reposted some MVC3 art of Morrigan lining up to Dormammu.  

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

A lot of companies have some core values kinda thing going for them, not just as a sales pitch to get you invested, but to also give you the boot if they see you shitposting about stuff like that and are concerned it'll blow back on them.  One time FB undid my "only friends can see me post" algorithm and I got called into the office because I was told my social media was "lewd and disturbing" because I reposted some MVC3 art of Morrigan lining up to Dormammu.  

Yeah, I know about that since it's in the private sector, but what about public sector jobs? Does it still apply for them? Protection I mean?

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

There's been a lot talk about 1st amendment rights when it comes to being fired for saying dumb shit.  Lot of people are finding out the hard way again that it protects you from government prosecution but not from public consequences.  So if RL keeps fucking around he'll eventually find out.

The lack of understanding of the 1st Amendment is a pet peeve of mine. As far the Gina situation goes, it isn't a 1st Amendment issue. It's an issue of a clear double standard. She got fired because she's conservative. People with political views that align with Disney have done far worse and still have their jobs. Kristina Arielle has bunch of racist tweets and Disney came to her defense. Gina's post isn't anti-Semitic. If it were, Ben Shapiro wouldn't have hired her. I don't like the dude, but his Judaism isn't in question.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's an issue of clear double standard

There might be some stuff behind the scenes that we don't know about. Maybe Filoni or Favreau thinks she's an asshole. Maybe she was trying to leverage for more cash in season three and Disney realized they're spending 45 zillion dollars on these MCU tv shows and are trying to trim the fat. 

Also, she's relatively small time on the show. If she doesn't come back at all in season 3, they wouldn't have to do any convoluted writing to make it happen. 

23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

She got fired because she's conservative.

Inferno was saying something about KK not liking her popularity in Mandalorian compared to Rey, and that having something to do with the firing. My thought initially was that it was pretty dumb to make holocaust Jew comparisons when your CEO is a super powerful Jew, but after hearing that tidbit about KK's jealousy I'm calling bullshit on the firing. Her Tweets could have easily been an excuse to get rid of her, a means to an end. But if it truly was her tweets, why is Pedro still there? He made some similar comparisons in the past. So Gina's political views could definitely factor into it.

Edited by Chadouken

It's so dumb. Do you know what one of the best selling Star Wars toys was? Cara Dune figures. IIRC their merchandise partners are pissed. After losing money on shit like Rose Tico figures. They just lost one of their best sellers. Talk about cutting your nose off to spit your face. Side note: Look up Kristina Arielle's tweets. She shit all over white people. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's so dumb. Do you know what one of the best selling Star Wars toys was? Cara Dune figures. IIRC their merchandise partners are pissed. After losing money on shit like Rose Tico figures. They just lost one of their best sellers. Talk about cutting your nose off to spit your face. Side note: Look up Kristina Arielle's tweets. She shit all over white people. 

It doesn't matter what's said, just who's saying it. 

Just now, DoctaMario said:

It doesn't matter what's said, just who's saying it. 

Unfortunately that's true. Gina was getting bullied for months for not putting pro nouns in her bio and practically no one at Lucasfilm does. Of course they aren't conservative. It's just a game of gotcha. I think James Woods politics are nutty but the dude can act his ass off. Sucks that he hasn't been in anything lately. Not an Antonio Sabato Jr fan but its fucked up that the dude is working construction because he voted for Trump in 2016. This shit is ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

There might be some stuff behind the scenes that we don't know about. Maybe Filoni or Favreau thinks she's an asshole. Maybe she was trying to leverage for more cash in season three and Disney realized they're spending 45 zillion dollars on these MCU tv shows and are trying to trim the fat. 

Also, she's relatively small time on the show. If she doesn't come back at all in season 3, they wouldn't have to do any convoluted writing to make it happen. 

Favreau is pissed that she was fired. He and Carl Weathers among others went to bat for her but KK has final say. She was supposed to get her own show and KK put the kaboosh on that last year. They've been looking for anything to can her for months. When they couldn't find anything, they literally lied about her social media posts and used the blowback from BS as a reason to let her go.

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

It isn't really political (least I don't think it is...we aren't really talking about different ideologies here) I'm just remarking about the amount of people brave (don't know if that's the exact word but we'll go with that) to say some off the wall stuff where anyone can read what you say including your employer.  I don't know exactly how it works for government  jobs but I'd imagine for any job if you say some off the wall stuff and it starts becoming an image problem for the company then you could be subject to consequences so long as it can't be found to be discriminatory (religion, race, sex...and not because you believe something like the snow storm in Texas was fake). 

Edited by Sonichuman
40 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Hey, that's how the DMC fanbase bullied capcom into dumping Suicide Silence, they dug up dirt that was resolved ages ago and Capcom decided it wasn't worth the hassle of defending them.  

A lot of people lead meaningless lives these days and scolding others like old church ladies is the only thing that makes them feel good about themselves. 

44 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

they literally lied about her social media posts and used the blowback from BS as a reason to let her go.

That's what I figured. 

So KK hated her, not anyone who worked with her everyday or was actually running the show. Bummer.

Lucasfilms not very good at this cloak and dagger stuff. It's pretty obvious that they just wanted her gone and were looking for any excuse. 

She should be talking to her union rep. She won't get her job back, but she could get a big chunk of change

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The lack of understanding of the 1st Amendment is a pet peeve of mine. As far the Gina situation goes, it isn't a 1st Amendment issue. It's an issue of clear double standard. She got fired because she's conservative. People with political views that align with Disney have done far worse and still have their jobs. Kristina Arielle has bunch of racist tweets and Disney came to her defense. Gina's post isn't anti-Semitic. If it were, Ben Shapiro wouldn't have hired her. I don't like the dude, but his Judaism isn't in question.

I'm not going to say there isn't a double standard.  Hopefully at some point those people you mention will end up finding out too if they keep posting stuff (I actually don't even know who Kristina Arielle is so this could also be an exposure issue between the both of them)

14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

That's what I figured. 

So KK hated her, not anyone who worked with her everyday or was actually running the show. Bummer.

Lucasfilms not very good at this cloak and dagger stuff. It's pretty obvious that they just wanted her gone and were looking for any excuse. 

She should be talking to her union rep. She won't get her job back, but she could get a big chunk of change

Btw who is "KK?"

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Btw who is "KK?"

Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilms. 

I'll admit, whenever I hear anything about her, I take it with a grain of salt. People said that the new star wars sucked because she's an uncompromising progressive that shoehorned women and POC into star wars.

In reality, Kennedy just loves money and probably thought it would make her more money. 

For perspective, she's been producing massive hits since the 80's and the first movie she's ever produced with a woman director is "Rouge Squadron" which just got annouced.

She hasn't ever worked with a POC director either, iirc. 

Edit: there's other reasons people hate her, and it's not all the progressive stuff, but I honestly think she gets more hate than she deserves. 

She produced so many of my favorite movies growing up, that I have trouble believing that she's single handedly responsible for steering SW in the wrong direction 

Edited by KingTubb

it's also funny how nearly anything stated by a non-Jewish person mentioning Jewish people tends to get called out as anti-Semitic... even if it's simply a comparison.  It's almost as bad as anything you say about trans people being labeled as "transphobic", even if "irrational fear" has absolutely nothing to do with what you are saying.

Government jobs-- at least here, state employees are not supposed to participate in any major political thing publicly like protesting and all that jazz.  I forgot the particulars on that since I've never been *that* motivated about political matters.  Politics is boring *and* only tends to bring out the most toxic elements of human nature.  This is of course the very opposite of my dear ol' Dad...about 98% of what he rants about is political shit...he can't get enough of being riled up about it, apparently. (was also a political science major in his college days)

Edited by MillionX
3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

People said that the new star wars sucked because she's an uncompromising progressive that shoehorned women and POC into star wars.

I hate her because she didn't have a fucking plan for the ST.  No narrative to follow whatsoever.  No consultation with how Lucas wanted the saga to end.  She just let the directors piecemeal that shit together and it fucking sucked because of her lack of vision.  She's fucking terrible. Stupid ass bitch W

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

No consultation with how Lucas wanted the saga to end.  She just let the directors piecemeal that shit together and it fucking sucked because of her lack of vision.

You ain't wrong, but she's just a doo-doo cog in the shit machine that is the mouse. 

Not defending her really but she isn't the only one at fault for the ST not being very good. 

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Not defending her really but she isn't the only one at fault for the ST not being very good.

Not the only one, but as producer of those movies and President of Lucasfilm, the shitshow happened on her watch. She holds the most blame for not having a plan.

Rumors of Favreau taking over as her contract is up in a year.  He captures the essence of what makes people love Star Wars because he loves Star Wars. It would be the best thing to happen to the franchise.