Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Look at this dude thinking they have grass in Pakistan. 

You will 100% catch me tipping over one of these mfs. LMAO.

Rollerblading cops? Wtf happens when someone runs a red light? Who are you charging? The guy that ran the red light or yourself for being such a fucking idiot?

54 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

You spelled massive settlement wrong. 

Given the power dynamic here it ain't gonna happen. Political leanings are not a protected class. It's highly unlikely that she'd win. 

You are correct about not being a protected class, so why would Disney settle?

Plus, as far as I understand it, she wasn't even fired.  They had hired her in the past, and now they aren't going to hire her again.

4 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

RL being a Qanon loon, while not horribly shocking, is funnier when you consider...

1) Dante is a gun nut

2) Dante was once in love with his mother's clone, so he's got a bit of Alabama Trumper in him

3) Devil May Cry is heavy into religious/mythology type references, so it lines up with some of the common things Qanon are into

4) Dante once fought lizard people in DMC1, a common accusation the conspiracy nuts associate with leftist politicians secretly being lizard people who worship Satan (well Mundus in this case).  

Ah hell.  Here we go again and I'm all outta popcorn.

39 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

You spelled massive settlement wrong. 

Given the power dynamic here it ain't gonna happen. Political leanings are not a protected class. It's highly unlikely that she'd win. 

As I said, I'm laymen. So I'll defer to your wisdom. I know she got fired for doing something multiple people at the company have done. In some cases repeatedly without any repercussions. So I don't know what the legal argument would be in that case.

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

As I said, I'm laymen. So I'll defer to your wisdom.

I will gladly take the compliment 😁.

It's more so that Disney has enough money in their "liability" fund to set her well enough to not work again and not have to blink doing it.

I know she got fired for doing something multiple people at the company have done. In some cases repeatedly without any repercussions. So I don't know what the legal argument would be in that case.

Unless they did something out of the terms of her contract, it's likely she doesn't have anything. Her character (at this point) really doesn't have anything left to do. They could replace her with Sasha Banks and all is right in the world.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124
5 hours ago, KingTubb said:

There might be some stuff behind the scenes that we don't know about. Maybe Filoni or Favreau thinks she's an asshole. Maybe she was trying to leverage for more cash in season three and Disney realized they're spending 45 zillion dollars on these MCU tv shows and are trying to trim the fat. 

Also, she's relatively small time on the show. If she doesn't come back at all in season 3, they wouldn't have to do any convoluted writing to make it happen. 

Favreau is apolitical. She was hired because he was a fan of her in the octagon. I don't know how Filoni feels but if I were to guess, he cares about wanting to just make a great Star Wars show. Never seen him speak up about anything social/political and if he has, I never saw it so it must have been something small. I disagree she's small on the show as without her character, several things wouldn't have happened story wise. 

5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Inferno was saying something about KK not liking her popularity in Mandalorian compared to Rey, and that having something to do with the firing. My thought initially was that it was pretty dumb to make holocaust Jew comparisons when your CEO is a super powerful Jew, but after hearing that tidbit about KK's jealousy I'm calling bullshit on the firing. Her Tweets could have easily been an excuse to get rid of her, a means to an end. But if it truly was her tweets, why is Pedro still there? He made some similar comparisons in the past. So Gina's political views could definitely factor into it.

KK REALLY wants full authority over lucasfilm and to her if it means sinking Mando, she will find a way to do it. My worry is this means it will affect anything she's not tied to. Rumor now is Rosario Dawson is in her crosshairs. Ashoka is also a highly popular character that is basically seen as what Rey should have been. KK wants less focus on Mando or the upcoming show Bad Batch and more on The High Republic. 

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I'll admit, whenever I hear anything about her, I take it with a grain of salt. People said that the new star wars sucked because she's an uncompromising progressive that shoehorned women and POC into star wars.

In reality, Kennedy just loves money and probably thought it would make her more money. 

For perspective, she's been producing massive hits since the 80's and the first movie she's ever produced with a woman director is "Rouge Squadron" which just got annouced.

She hasn't ever worked with a POC director either, iirc. 

Edit: there's other reasons people hate her, and it's not all the progressive stuff, but I honestly think she gets more hate than she deserves. 

She produced so many of my favorite movies growing up, that I have trouble believing that she's single handedly responsible for steering SW in the wrong direction 

Here's the thing. if you like what she produced, that's fine 

BUUUUUUUT

her success producing those films doesn't mean she knows what it takes to handle an established franchise as large as star wars. Example. I don't like Rian Johnson's Ep8 but that doesn't discredit him as a director overall. He did what he could with what he was given so I can't fault him to a degree. Overall I blame everyone at Disney for flubbing Star Wars. 

3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I hate her because she didn't have a fucking plan for the ST.  No narrative to follow whatsoever.  No consultation with how Lucas wanted the saga to end.  She just let the directors piecemeal that shit together and it fucking sucked because of her lack of vision.  She's fucking terrible. Stupid ass bitch W

The problem here was her past "experience" was all that was needed to trust her with a multibillion dollar franchise spanning decades through movies, merch, entertainment, games. "SHE WORKED WITH LUCAS AND SPIELBERG" Yeah so...*looks at the state of star wars* what happened then? lol

51 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Favreau is apolitical

I was just stabbing in the dark and wasn't trying to say that Favreau and Filoni had political issues with her. More something like  she was a dick and difficult to work with, i.e. showing up late to work, eating all the donuts at kraft food services, punching baby yoda etc. I was just pointing out that it seems like there's more than "she said something on the internet" behind the motivation of her firing. 

I disagree she's small on the show as without her character, several things wouldn't have happened story wise. 

Up until this point, absolutely. But moving forward, you don't need her in season 3 🤷‍♀️ . Definitely a good tool to help flesh out mando and give him someone to bounce off of, but you don't need her in season 3 for the story to continue naturally. Like say if Han suddenly wasn't there anymore in ROTJ, that would be fucking weird cause TESB ends with them planning to save him. I'd say she's the equivalent of Bobba Fett. If Bobba Fett wasn't in ROTJ at jabba's palace, that's not a plot hole, the guy is a bounty hunter, it's totally makes sense that he's out working. They don't need to go back to Nevarro. 

Rumor now is Rosario Dawson is in her crosshairs.

Proves the point the KK doesn't actually give a shit about politics since Rosario is a liberal and is literally dating Cory Booker. 

her success producing those films doesn't mean she knows what it takes to handle an established franchise as large as star wars.

Word. Except a few of those are massive franchises of there own (Jurassic Park, and Indiana Jones) 

But to prove your point, both of those franchises have put out some stinkers and are not as big as star wars. 

Overall I blame everyone at Disney for flubbing Star Wars. 

Exactly. I'm sure KK has made lots of shitty decisions, but i think it was a fuck up by committee, not a lone wolf fuck up

Edited by KingTubb
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Proves the point the KK doesn't actually give a shit about politics since Rosario is a liberal and is literally dating Cory Booker. 

two things CAN be true here...one, Gina was fired for "wrongthink" based on Lucasfilm's decision. That doesn't mean every future firing will be politically/socially motivated. KK may just not like you. Rosario is playing a character that was originally non canon and made officially Disney/Star Wars Canon and has grown to become a beloved character in the series. Now that Mando officially brings Ahsoka into the mainstream, the character is the target. Filoni made Ahsoka and is on the Favreau side so...you kinda see where this is going. The endgame of course if to just get rid of team FF. Again I mentioned this from what I was told by Cast still working within. It's a power struggle for who eventually will run Lucasfilm. 

Only reason KK isn't kicked out is well...she has a huge amount of clout in the industry and the PR needed to explain things to the public is going to give many fans of SW fuel to throw at Disney for basically admitting they were wrong. The Mouse doesn't like to admit to its mistakes (looking at your live action Mulan)  but it would be different if she "retired" or "stepped down" 

53 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Haven't seen anything about this one. Only person that comes up with anything is the glib from Geeks and Gamers.

She has no controversy that I know of...but merely she's an innocent person in the crosshairs because she's playing a popular character KK or her supporters had no involvement in.

Let me wrap this up (because I can talk about this all day but I won't) KK is from what I have seen is an opportunist. Yes she's been a part of successful films in various producer roles...BUUUUUUUT, that doesn't mean  SHE came up with the ideas. She may have had production notes BUUUUT to what extent has that influenced the films she was a part of? Has she ever directed a film with a creative vision? I went through her wiki and it's all producer roles. All I see is a woman who is piggybacking off of the hard work/success of other creators and trying to establish on top of that her own stamp of success. Her influence in Star Wars kinda shows she wants to create but...doesn't have ideas people like (or at the very least sell to the target audience). Maybe I'm over thinking it but it's what I am seeing. I see this every time now I think of KK:

The World of Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Getting an Animated Feature Film

yaxuvhi9n8qzi1vq2gbq.png

That’s not all—in addition to announcing an “animated theatrical film” that’ll begin production this year, Nickelodeon revealed the arrival of Avatar Studios, an entire division dedicated to creating animated series and movies based on Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Oh, and the original creators are along for the ride.

For anyone that was following that Netflix live-action series saga—yes, Avatar creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are going to lead Avatar Studios. The content their team creates will arrive on Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access), Nickelodeon’s various platforms, third-party streaming platforms, and in theaters.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-world-of-avatar-the-last-airbender-is-getting-an-a-1846349722

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

The World of Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Getting an Animated Feature Film

yaxuvhi9n8qzi1vq2gbq.png

That’s not all—in addition to announcing an “animated theatrical film” that’ll begin production this year, Nickelodeon revealed the arrival of Avatar Studios, an entire division dedicated to creating animated series and movies based on Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Oh, and the original creators are along for the ride.

For anyone that was following that Netflix live-action series saga—yes, Avatar creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are going to lead Avatar Studios. The content their team creates will arrive on Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access), Nickelodeon’s various platforms, third-party streaming platforms, and in theaters.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-world-of-avatar-the-last-airbender-is-getting-an-a-1846349722

Here's hoping they'll keep the woke out of it.

heh, sheeeeittt... an unfortunate thing I've realized in watching some people play the Vampire TTRPG online as a podcast/show... they tend to "play nice" most of the time.  This is most likely an unfortunate side effect of it being online for an audience in the first place.  It makes me wonder what privately played games must be like, where if everyone at the table is up for it....anything goes.  These games where the players are the supernatural monsters in the world...I'd expect them to do horrible things at least on occasion.  I'm already imagining some of the truly sick things my character would do to someone he had a personal vendetta against. (*an idea came to mind when thinking of the character's "touchstones"-- regular people the person knew when they were still human...what about a negative one?  ..someone the character has hated for years; now that he/she has powers...they can actually do something about that in interesting ways...just with the "Dominate" discipline-- you could theoretically command the person to go home and murder his entire family, then kill himself...or just leave the command at murdering his family, so he is left alive to deal with the pain of what he has done, unaware that he was mesmerized into doing it.  Of course you can't realistically expect to see something this twisted on a game that is being streamed for twitch and youtube 🤣)

...yeah, if I was running a game, as long as everyone at the table is down for it, our story will go down some incredibly dark roads.  I prefer it when a story has no real boundaries, and anything can happen....nothing is "off the table".

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Scanman said:

So I've been MIA for a while because I was in my wife's hometown (literally BFE) for Lunar New Year.

We are actually expecting a child due in August, but the situation is very grim.

My wife contracted Rubella (German measles) 2 months ago. It has almost no effect on adults, but its effects on early-development fetuses are apparently catastrophic: deafness, irregular heartbeat, and a whole collection of possible mental problems.

Tomorrow we're going to get an amniocentesis (spelling?) test to check if there's rubella in the amniotic fluid. If there is, we will have to "terminate" the pregnancy (that sure is a nice way of describing something so terrible...).

So that's what's going on in my life currently. Wish me luck.

Hope everything works out.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

These games where the players are the supernatural monsters in the world...I'd expect them to do horrible things at least on occasion.

Having actually played a fair bit of Vampire TTRPG back in the day, there were a couple of limiting factors on how over the top PC actions would get.  The most important being that if you start making messes, elder vampires would kill you without a second thought for endangering the Masquerade.

heh, I'm kinda jealous... none of my friends back then would've been into it or any other ttrpg, really...no chance....a very real curse of growing up in Memphis.  

That also reminds me---Currently in VTM lore, all elders are mysteriously called away to the Middle East...most likely the remaining Antedilvians and/or methuselahs summoning them...

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Beckoning_(VTM)

Game-wise it's more than likely written to just get elders out of the picture for a while.

*but yeah...that's the other unfortunate thing about a world where vamps are real... there's others out there who are older and drastically more powerful to worry about.

Edited by MillionX
17 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Currently in VTM lore

I haven't kept up with VTM since about the early 2000s.  But there was an alternate setting for it that was published where players could get away with a lot more-  Vampire: The Dark Ages.

I never actually got to play that, but I did have a campaign plotted out that would take place in Constantinople where the players would be caught up in a power struggle between factions vying over a holy relic mcguffin that would end up turning out to be the severed head of John the Baptist.

Of the original 3 Nicktoons that debuted in 1991, which did you like or hate?

How would you rank them?

For me....

Ren and Stimpy

Doug

Rugrats.

I loved Ren/Stimpy and thought Doug was good.

I was ambivalent on Rugrats. It had a distinctive art style(I thought it was weird at the time. I was 9 when t came out though)

R/S was bizarre and weird. I could relate to Doug more even though I felt the show was a bit safe or plain sometimes.

So, I was offered the potential opportunity to go off the phones for this client. I did all of the stuff they wanted, and they're only moving forward with a few people in the new position. New contracts and everything. 

Haven't received anything yet about it, but I'm thinking it'll be tomorrow before I know for sure. Really hoping that I get picked for this position, because the client in it's current form really sucks! 

6 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Well...that's not gonna be awkward at all.  How the hell did this pass the people checked it cause clearly at least 1 or 2 people had to approve this before it went out right?  No red flags at all came up when anyone looked that over eh?

56 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Of the original 3 Nicktoons that debuted in 1991, which did you like or hate?

How would you rank them?

For me....

Ren and Stimpy

Doug

Rugrats.

I loved Ren/Stimpy and thought Doug was good.

I was ambivalent on Rugrats. It had a distinctive art style(I thought it was weird at the time. I was 9 when t came out though)

R/S was bizarre and weird. I could relate to Doug more even though I felt the show was a bit safe or plain sometimes.

Ren & Stimpy is the easy winner of that group, imo.  I liked Doug as well so that gets 2nd.  Rugrats was way lower on the totem pole.  I didn't like the art style/design there.  At least it wasn't as ugly as some of the other nicktoons though, like Mike Lu and Og or Hey Arnold!  Those character designs were atrocious.

There was a dude at my high school who looked just like a real life, black version of "Doug"...of course some people would jokingly call him "Doug Funnie!" or hum that theme song when showed up.  He had a similar outfit too.

edit--i just randomly remembered Medabots and Tokyo Pig... this would come on many years later on ABC Family or Fox Family.. I forgot which one; they changed around...but I bet most people have forgotten about Medabots by now.  There was also Oban Star Racers which was awesome, but I never finished watching it....I especially loved the theme...check out how awesome this shit is:

I still have that theme in my mp3 collection.

Interesting vid I just found on it while looking that up..

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, Scanman said:

So I've been MIA for a while because I was in my wife's hometown (literally BFE) for Lunar New Year.

We are actually expecting a child due in August, but the situation is very grim.

My wife contracted Rubella (German measles) 2 months ago. It has almost no effect on adults, but its effects on early-development fetuses are apparently catastrophic: deafness, irregular heartbeat, and a whole collection of possible mental problems.

Tomorrow we're going to get an amniocentesis (spelling?) test to check if there's rubella in the amniotic fluid. If there is, we will have to "terminate" the pregnancy (that sure is a nice way of describing something so terrible...).

So that's what's going on in my life currently. Wish me luck.

Good luck to you, the wife, and the kid to be.  

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Its ok to shit on white people these days Sonic. 

SMH.  The path to equality is always going to have people doing over corrections but this...This is pretty offensive regardless of which race it'd be pointed at.  Especially that fuckin list in the upper right corner and then the cream on the shit sandwich is that last slide.  I can only imagine if I worked for a corporation and I got sent something like this that said "try to be less *insert minority here*".

What in the flying fuck is this industry I work in? I have been avoiding trying to own and run a martial arts school and people keep throwing these bitches at me. 

Spoiler

I now run my jiu jitsu program with another guy I train with. I only do it because our instructor is now at the headquarters teaching and im pretty sure they'd close the school down if he didn't get me to  run it. And nowww the karate school I've been taking a break from working from wants me to run their school. I've been in recovery atm because I had surgery for my meniscus in Oct and trying to lay low and chill. Divorce, meniscus tear and surgery and covid. I've been just trying to be a very relaxed and chill person. 

Buttt so the guy who's been running the other school has been my boy for the longest time and he quit recently kinda outta nowhere. Turns out he was touching girls inappropriately.... 😐. And so they ended up firing him and I'm literally in shock at it. There have been some minor situations that my spider senses went off but parents were around and I just assumed it was their wacky student teacher relationship and nothing more. Because parents were watching. Nope. Trust that shit. I just got the full story today and now I'm like what in the flying fuck. 

I don't want to run the school buttt I also kkow exactly what it's like when your teacher dips and you don't have the guy you trust again. I'm hoping they find someone who they can trust to run it but looks like worst comes to worst it'll be me in Sept.

💀

Edited by Maxx
3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Seems extreme but Coca-Cola has been in trouble multiple times over the years for being a super racist company.

Numerous black employees at Coca-Cola corporate have reported encountering heavy systemic racism, including the use of the N-word (hard R!) during management meetings.