Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

23 hours ago, RSG3 said:

We don't know what the plans for S3 where so you nor I can say this. You are assuming because the season is over. Before she existed we didn't need her either. 

I do not think it is her political views. I mean disney still trots out tim allen stuff. I think it is they wanted her to lay low she said fuck no.

The fact her management team and uta dropped her instead of backing her tells me she is a massive headache 

I mean they could just put ronda rousey in her place and really get the media they wanted.

So the execs at coke the same team at sprite?

Just a question because sprite is the choice for many of us

Edited by DrLariat

BREAKING NEWS: A new Transformers animated series in the works with Nickelodeon!

the-transformers-animated-series-social.

Nickelodeon has partnered with Hasbro’s Entertainment One banner to co-produce an original animated Transformers series based on the popular property.

Nickelodeon has ordered 26 half-hour episodes of the show, which is designed as an action-comedy series. It will follow a new species of Transformers who must find their place and purpose among Autobots and Decepticons, as well as the human family that adopts them.

Produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio, the series was developed for television by Nick's Claudia Spinelli and Dana Vasquez-Eberhardt as well as Dale Malinowski, who will serve as a co-executive producer on the project. Ant Ward (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Nicole Dubuc (Transformers: Rescue Bots) will executive produce the series, which will premiere exclusively on Nickelodeon in the U.S. before rolling out internationally. Nick's Conrad Montgomery will oversee production for the network, while Mikiel Houser will oversee on behalf of eOne.

“As soon as I read the creative concept, which at its core is about family, I knew we absolutely had to tell this story with our good friends at eOne and Hasbro,” Nickelodeon Animation president Ramsey Naito said in a statement. “The series will tell a reimagined story featuring both original characters and fan-favorites for a whole new generation of kids and families."

https://collider.com/transformers-new-animated-series-nickelodeon/

31 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Lmao SRK is in read only mode for the next week. Might be the break I need to finally break up with that forum for good lol. 

Why is it in read only mode?

edit: routine maintenance my ass, Inkblot! 
I wouldn’t be surprised if the forum doesn’t come back after this break. It’s even more of a grave yard now than ever. 

there’s no point in leaving it running 

Edited by iStu X
26 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Wonder who killed it?

A lot of contributing factors honestly. 

Facebook groups

twitter

Discord 

Online play

The founders, Wiz, Ponder and Inkblot caring less and less over the years. 
constant forum software migrations. 

I could go on for a while 

the forum migrations were brutal. Especially when they moved the site to Discourse. It locked everyone out of their accounts and a lot (I mean a lot) of members couldn’t access their accounts anymore, even with the workarounds the mods at the time gave people. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

BREAKING NEWS: A new Transformers animated series in the works with Nickelodeon!

the-transformers-animated-series-social.

Nickelodeon has partnered with Hasbro’s Entertainment One banner to co-produce an original animated Transformers series based on the popular property.

Nickelodeon has ordered 26 half-hour episodes of the show, which is designed as an action-comedy series. It will follow a new species of Transformers who must find their place and purpose among Autobots and Decepticons, as well as the human family that adopts them.

Produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio, the series was developed for television by Nick's Claudia Spinelli and Dana Vasquez-Eberhardt as well as Dale Malinowski, who will serve as a co-executive producer on the project. Ant Ward (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Nicole Dubuc (Transformers: Rescue Bots) will executive produce the series, which will premiere exclusively on Nickelodeon in the U.S. before rolling out internationally. Nick's Conrad Montgomery will oversee production for the network, while Mikiel Houser will oversee on behalf of eOne.

“As soon as I read the creative concept, which at its core is about family, I knew we absolutely had to tell this story with our good friends at eOne and Hasbro,” Nickelodeon Animation president Ramsey Naito said in a statement. “The series will tell a reimagined story featuring both original characters and fan-favorites for a whole new generation of kids and families."

https://collider.com/transformers-new-animated-series-nickelodeon/

I mean i loved turtles 2012 and the new take is pretty dope so...

Srk died 3 years ago. I am for this place being apolitical and seeing the srk discord be a place for loonies yelling into the abyss about dumb shit is hilarious 

Edited by DrLariat
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

A lot of contributing factors honestly. 

Facebook groups

twitter

Discord 

Online play

The founders, Wiz, Ponder and Inkblot caring less and less over the years. 
constant forum software migrations. 

I could go on for a while 

the forum migrations were brutal. Especially when they moved the site to Discourse. It locked everyone out of their accounts and a lot (I mean a lot) of members couldn’t access their accounts anymore, even with the workarounds the mods at the time gave people. 

I was being rhetorical and ironic given... Well... Us...

However, you bring up good points from before my time. I wonder how it was before eSports...

I wish I was there!

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

They really have Chun li a dump truck ass in fortnite and I can't stop laughing

*right-clicks both pictures, selects save as*

So, the client I work for has been leading me on about a potential promotion for the past week, but last night before bed I received official confirmation that I'll be moving off the phones; except in very specific circumstances to handle escalations. This literally could not have came at a better time, because I was dreading continuing on my current contract, due to one of the major players switching program APIs to the one I've been assigned to. They fully move over towards the end of March, and once I get the official contract in; I'm signing the hell out of it and terminating my entry-level contract. 

haha I saved that Chun Li pic too...but the original outfit will always be superior.

There's times when I'm tempted to go back into Fortnite, but I'm sure they probably never added any of the cool customization and special guest characters to the regular part of the game "Save the World"....something that was originally the main game but no one remembers at this point, sadly.

whoah... I never gave much thought about just how far the "Friend Zone Speech" goes back... I have been watching a lot of "Antenna TV" lately, so it was already on that channel when I turned the tv on just now...

The Joey Bishop Show - season 1, episode 6.... this was 1961 according to the onscreen guide info I checked.... it was right in the middle of a scene with Joey and this HOT ass blonde woman giving him "That Speech" that many of us have heard before...you know all the cliches...variations of:

• "But don't change; keep being just the way you are!"
  • "Some lucky girl is gonna fall madly in love with you some day!" (subtext--->...just not me, hell to the naw I wouldn't fuck you if God Himself told me to.)

Of course, she's smiling as he's there looking kinda down in the dumps as she tells him this...presumably because he was trying to get something going on with her.  I'll definitely need to check this one out from the beginning.  I never cared about this series but of course this subject is near and dear to my heart for a variety of odd reasons.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

As much as I truly do not mind not going to SRK, I am a little disappointed that there's no where now to really bust jokes about the golden statue of Trump that they've erected at CPAC.

Holy shit, dude! I thought you were fucking joking. There really is a god damned golden Trump statue 🤣

These shit-for-brains Trump supporters are killing me 😂🤣💀

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

As much as I truly do not mind not going to SRK, I am a little disappointed that there's no where now to really bust jokes about the golden statue of Trump that they've erected at CPAC.

Trump's association with gold and some form of erection has to be a deliberate joke, right? Am I the only one getting shower vibes?

20 hours ago, misterBee said:

Seems extreme but Coca-Cola has been in trouble multiple times over the years for being a super racist company.

Numerous black employees at Coca-Cola corporate have reported encountering heavy systemic racism, including the use of the N-word (hard R!) during management meetings.

I legit do not understand why people can't just go to work, do their job, behave themselves and go home. In what context does the n-word come up in a meeting at a soft drink company? People are animals. 

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

There's always reddit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The politics thread on srk is more like reddit or twitter now anyway so I doubt you'll even notice a difference unless you look at the url in your browser 😂

here's one off the VTM "shows" I keep up with that's premiering now

on another note---kinda sad to see a certain IG model I keep tabs on pick up so much weight... she's still a hot one imo and I definitely wouldn't turn it down...but I'm sure her self-esteem has taken a hit; a lot of girls seem to have fragile self-esteem in the first place.  I'll bet it's due to the pandemic and stay-at-home situation for the past year...again she's not exactly E. Honda status but the weight gain is noticeable.

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, Maxx said:

😂 Is 09 when esports got coined too? 

I don’t know. But as soon as the tournament scene started forming around SFIV I knew it was the beginning of the end. Fighting games became bigger than ever thought possible but the growth left the actual community in the dust. 

Too many key people in the community started looking at the community as a business and not as the community they helped build. 

Edited by iStu X
19 hours ago, iStu X said:

Why is it in read only mode?

edit: routine maintenance my ass, Inkblot! 
I wouldn’t be surprised if the forum doesn’t come back after this break. It’s even more of a grave yard now than ever. 

there’s no point in leaving it running 

Honestly it'd be a bad time to close it. Lol. Oddly enough I've seen srk mentioned more now by you tubers and streamers than ever before. It's actually one of the options in guilty gear strive survey for where do you get your info from lol. 

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Shit I'm white and I'm a bit skeptical. 

Will be fun to be called Anti-Vax again for not diving in head first to brand new barely tested medicine.

I'm taking a wait and see approach, way too early. I'm curious about the long term effects (if there are any). Now that's there's a 3rd vaccine, that complicates matters even more, which I don't think we get to pick which one we receive 

Out of 10, I'm at like 3.5 of taking the vaccine, which is up from where I started at 1

Edited by HD-Man

26 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

The news says 43% of black ppl are taking a wait and see approach when it comes to taking the vaccine. And they're not sure what the reason for the disparity is

Ummm, American history can answer every question you wanna know about black folk being skeptical about this kinda thing. Lol

Not surprising at all. What makes this even worse is that viral spread affects the black community much more (closer proximity to one another, health care access). I got the opportunity to take it a couple weeks back. Given what's out about it and the platform used (mRNA), my perceived risk is the same as that of the flu vaccine. 

What I do hate is how people start sharing BS regarding how someone got the vaccine and now has COVID. That is not what vaccines do. If it prevents infection, that is a plus however, the intent is to mitigate an extreme immune response (e.g., not dying). I got family members that make conspiracy theorist posts and find any reason to discredit the deployment. 

10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Will be fun to be called Anti-Vax again for not diving in head first to brand new barely tested medicine.

It's the innovation/adoption curve at work. It'll be some time before we really "know" the outcomes. Hell it'll be a few years before we really understand the impact of COVID.

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Out of 10, I'm at like 3.5 of taking the vaccine, which is up from where I started at 1

What would it take you to get to a 6?

1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Not surprising at all. What makes this even worse is that viral spread affects the black community much more (closer proximity to one another, health care access). I got the opportunity to take it a couple weeks back. Given what's out about it and the platform used (mRNA), my perceived risk is the same as that of the flu vaccine. 

What I do hate is how people start sharing BS regarding how someone got the vaccine and now has COVID. That is not what vaccines do. If it prevents infection, that is a plus however, the intent is to mitigate an extreme immune response (e.g., not dying). I got family members that make conspiracy theorist posts and find any reason to discredit the deployment. 

It's the innovation/adoption curve at work. It'll be some time before we really "know" the outcomes. Hell it'll be a few years before we really understand the impact of COVID.

What would it take you to get to a 6?

To get me to a 6? Basically time. We're still in the very early stages of this vaccine, just waiting and seeing on my end