Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

29 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’ve been glued to the TV playing bravely default II since Friday so I decided to take a break from it and do something’s. 

Started some laundry, caught up on some shows, finished some shows, and most importantly of all: Some C-C-C-Cookie Baking! 

C6AB0B10-BD34-453C-A32B-15BF2FC8F05B.thumb.jpeg.a24eebb370fb26a348caf4c5ba967ddf.jpeg

90D326CF-E5A8-4C7B-A99F-29607F2A0BE3.thumb.jpeg.ff6d84b107ff00443eab82ed7295f586.jpeg

the first picture is some basic ass chocolate chip and walnut cookies. An old classic. 

the second picture is lemon cookies. I’ve never made lemon cookies before so I was super nervous about making them the entire time. I just pulled them out of the oven a few moments ago so I haven’t had a chance to try them. But my entire kitchen and dining room has the aroma of citrus. So I’m excited to try them. 

(if you’re wondering what the white stuff is on top of the lemon cookies; it’s powdered sugar. I rolled every cookie dough ball in it to counter balance the intensity of the lemon) 

Yo! Toss me that lemon cookie recipe! My wife is constantly looking for new things to bake, and she knows how much I love lemon. She's made lemon bars and lemon brownies for me before, so this seems like a clear winner.

6 minutes ago, Serpent said:

I've actually been wondering this for awhile...is iStu=Zoo?

Fuuuuuck no. Zoo is a five foot even Filipino who’s an uncrowned king in Super Turbo. 

Im just a white dude from Seattle. My handle on $RK was my actually name: Which is Stuart Hayden

fun side note: as exhausting as Zoo was on the forums he’s insanely chill and funny irl. I hung out with him at 4/5 EVO’s I’ve been to. 

Edited by iStu X
5 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Is there any significance behind you guy's usernames? I wondered how many people thought mine was just a typo. 

I've been using this one for quite some time. OPTIMUS is pretty obvious. 124 is my dad's car number while he was working in law enforcement. 

I’m a zealot for Apple products and their “X”model of iPhones is my favorite model they’ve done. 

Edited by iStu X

I feel like I remember the name Stuart Hayden on the old SRK forums, but maybe not.

Mine is because I figured if The Rock is the Brahma Bull, Austin is the Rattlesnake, and a bunch of people are named after lions and dragons and other stuff, I might as well be Serpent. Nobody seemed to really use that one, the closest was Orton with the Viper which was later. Shortening it to Serp seemed natural and that's what most people seem to just refer to it, which works fine too.

I eventually looked up Serpent as a nickname. I think it's been used like twice before, one of the uses is some famous assassin/hitman or something. I guess maybe three times as the devil also goes by serpent, if you want to count that.

IRL I pretty much always just use my real name and pretty much everyone calls me that, but oddly enough a couple of times I'll hear Serp/Serpent and one guy said something like "You're Holy Phoenix?!?" which I thought was silly. The Holy Phoenix moniker I just stuck on their back when people were running around with clan tags or whatever, and is based off Flame of Recca's Kurei character. Super old manga/anime that I bet most people never heard of.

8 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Is there any significance behind you guy's usernames? I wondered how many people thought mine was just a typo. 

I've been using this one for quite some time. OPTIMUS is pretty obvious. 124 is my dad's car number while he was working in law enforcement. 

My username is the perception of what my relatives and others think of me. To me, I guess it's suites my past, but for the present, I have gained some degree of emotional intelligence over the years. However, I'm working on a more stable range of emotions and a connection with others. I've always thought when I finally connect with someone, I'm too depended on their existence, which is unhealthy for me. Also, I've always revolved myself around others to have a justification of existence.

I didn't know of this band, because my username is from this song:

Edited by Emptyeyes
9 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I like plays on words and so "Docta" instead of Dr. seemed funny to me. My go to username once upon a time was guitarslinger44 but when I signed up for Castlevania Dungeon I decided I needed something different and I thought signing up for a Castlevania forum with a Nintendo character name was funny since everyone else there was Belmont this or Alucard that. I've thought about changing it again but I don't know what I'd change it to. 

The irony is, I'm pretty shit at the game Dr.Mario. 🤔

Edited by DoctaMario

My favorite teacher in high school told me to "stop being so reticent", so I used Reticent as a user name for almost everything.  Until that is I finally ran into registering on something where "Reticent" was already taken, so I threw an LY on the end so it was basically still the same word but no one would have used it yet.

Edited by Reticently
10 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

You think I'm gonna tell you and give away the secret that makes the females so attracted to me?

Um, seems there's no females in this forum. Oh well. The username I wanted to use on SRK was AdamWarlock, one of my favorite and coolest characters in Marvel. But some guy already had that name. So I just used my tropical astrological sign to replace Adam. Kinda tried to make it sound similar 😤

1493197797-adam-warlock.jpg

1 hour ago, Emptyeyes said:

I didn't know of this band, because my username is from this song:

Man, I haven't listened to Within Temptation in more than 15 years. They are part of an explosion of symphonic/gothic/doom metal bands coming out of the Netherlands in the early 2000's. They had a set style and a popular song called Ice Queen that I am sure @KingTubbwill like

then for some reason they threw everything overboard and decided to emulate Evanescence of all bands.... 🥴😵🤢

Edited by AriesWarlock

Sooo I'm learning I have an accent by not having an accent lmfao. I've been told by multiple passengers before that I sound like I'm from out of state. I always thought I had a non regional accent.. The town/area I grew up in is 40 min form Boston and we all have non regional accents. I remember when a chick transferred into the high school from Revere which has a heavy new england accent and our whole school was like.. Wait.. That's what new englanders are supposed to sound like no Bueno 

Lmfao I put the status up askin where I sound like I'm from and I'm getting the most random results from non mass people : Saratoga, Cali, South pacific.

Edited by Maxx
2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Sooo I'm learning I have an accent by not having an accent lmfao. I've been told by multiple passengers before that I sound like I'm from out of state. I always thought I had a non regional accent.. The town/area I grew up in is 40 min form Boston and we all have non regional accents. I remember when a chick transferred into the high school from Revere which has a heavy new england accent and our whole school was like.. Wait.. That's what new englanders are supposed to sound like no Bueno 

Lmfao I put the status up askin where I sound like I'm from and I'm getting the most random results from non mass people : Saratoga, Cali, South pacific.

I get told I have an accent constantly. But I currently live in Arkansas. So people around here probably aren’t use to someone who speaks clearly, enunciates his words and has a firm grasp on the English language. 

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I get told I have an accent constantly. But I currently live in Arkansas. So people around here probably aren’t use to someone who speaks clearly, annunciates his words and has a firm grasp on the English language. 

Soo I forgot my mom grew up in Albany.. So I guess that Saratoga one makes sense. But no one ever told me that I sounded like I was from there before. 

6 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

My name is James ,hence the "J".

The dangerous was meant to be ironic since I'm pretty mild mannered.

You are not mild mannered.  I read your post in one of the threads against Joe Rogan.  I suggest that the next time you go to the bathroom, just get it over with and squat.  Squat for the rest of your damn life. 

SRK today is horrible. It's a bunch of z list nobodies who gone all soft and just don't like topics that normal men dive into. They even dislike Joe Rogan. How girly can you get? What is worse is when HE posts there to return the days of old back to teach these PG generation of posters he gets banned because that site has to be about the most boring topics and conversing about jacking each other off. 

Edited by weneedhim
13 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Its sorta a play off "kimura lock" because I used to practice BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) back when I was young. LOX is sorta based off the hip hop group the LOX, but lowkey I just wanted another way of saying locks lol. 

55 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I get told I have an accent constantly. But I currently live in Arkansas. So people around here probably aren’t use to someone who speaks clearly, annunciates his words and has a firm grasp on the English language. 

Enunciates.

Enunciates his words.

I have been told I have OCD.

This is probably true.

*kanyeshrug*

----------

Good looking cuisine posts, Stu.

Edited by JHDK
Kanye fucks himself
4 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

I have OCD, but it's under control. I tend to be a perfectionist which is a form of OCD. I don't really mind it since it's under control and it makes me do things the "right" way.

How bad is that for being into video games? 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

How bad is that for being into video games? 

When it's not under control it can get pretty bad. For example if I am playing a racing game like Gran Turismo and I am doing time attacks, I can go on and on until I get the fastest time possible and that can get pretty stressful. Acceleration, breaking, turning, and timing must be just right according to my skill level so that I can go as fast as possible. It can really disappointing when I don't go fast enough. I use a steering wheel and peddle set to play GT and I would get so obsessed with it that my hands would develop callouses from handling the wheel. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

My guy- I moved from Taunton to Lancaster, PA when I was 11 and kids taunted me CONSTANTLY about the acccent, lol.

And my mom never lost the accent, grew up in Dedham.  One time my girlfriend came over, my mom told her she could "park her car in the driveway", and my girlfriend literally could not understand a single word.  "Paaahk ya caaah"!

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

Enunciates.

Enunciates his words.

I have been told I have OCD.

This is probably true.

*kanyeshrug*

----------

Good looking cuisine posts, Stu.

I tried spelling it that way And my phone wouldn’t take it for whatever reason. Lol

i appreciate the correction nonetheless though

Edited by iStu X
26 minutes ago, Reticently said:

My guy- I moved from Taunton to Lancaster, PA when I was 11 and kids taunted me CONSTANTLY about the acccent, lol.

And my mom never lost the accent, grew up in Dedham.  One time my girlfriend came over, my mom told her she could "park her car in the driveway", and my girlfriend literally could not understand a single word.  "Paaahk ya caaah"!

😂😂😂

Look we bully our own over the accent and think it's white trash. The fuck you think outta the state gonna do to you 😂😂

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

😂😂😂

Look we bully our own over the accent and think it's white trash. The fuck you think outta the state gonna do to you 😂😂

The funny thing is that where I moved to is way more white trash than Taunton.  I moved to fucking Amish country, lol.  Those shits didn't have a fucking leg to stand on!

15 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I was a big fan of the movie hackers as a kid. This was around the time I really got online in 95. The main character had a screen name of crash override. But someone had already taken it for AOL, so I made mine maxxoverride and because adding 0s and xs was big back then because of l33t culture it was maxxoverride00x. 

But from them on I would shorten it on forums to mostly maxx00x since most people had already taken maxx. 26 years later in still doin it. 

Edited by Maxx
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

RSG3 trying to find the receipt to this right now.

2bf1ab0b027ec24b4517fe25d9e3f2f6.jpg

Don't end up on the couch fam.

Side note: Hope she didn't have some sort of bad reaction or I'm gonna feel like big jackass. 😔

I don't get the joke...

Apparently it makes her get bloated and gassy the same as people who are lactose intolerant. 

Accents are funny. I used to write with this girl from south Alabama and I remember one time her asking if I wanted ice in my water but the way she said it sounded like "ah-s." I'd been living I n the south for awhile and this wasn't the first time we'd hung, but I had to ask her a couple times what she was saying. 😂 

And then, the first job I had when I moved to Atlanta was at Fed Ex my boss was this black guy from deeeeeeep south GA. I never knew what he was saying until probably the last month of the 9 months I worked there because he'd cut the ends off words. If he wanted this guy Chris to get out of his truck and back to the belt, it would be, "Chri,comeoudatru!" I remember asking him what he was eating once and he said "Urnges" (oranges.) I don't miss that job at all but I wonder what happened to some of those people I worked with, especially him, he was a really good dude and after learning to understand his accent, southern accents were a lot easier for me lol

Depending on how thick the persons southern accent is I consider it an attack on my senses that shouldn’t go unpunished. but if I come across a cutie who has that kind of “southern belle” type accent I’m like “hell yeah”

one of my best friends was born and raised in South Carolina. she has one of those really playfully sweet southern belle type accents. I love it. Even after living in Michigan now for 6 years she still has it 

Edited by iStu X