Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Just now, iStu X said:

Depending on how thick the persons southern accent is I consider it an attack on my senses that shouldn’t go unpunished. 

but if I come across a cutie who has that kind of “southern belle” type accent I’m like “hell yeah”

one of my best friends is from South Carolina and she has one of those really playfully sweet southern belle type accents. I love it. 

A strong southern accent can sound sexy as he'll coming from the right woman. Dolly Parton is my go to example of a really sexy sultry but still sweet southern accent. 

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

A strong southern accent can sound sexy as he'll coming from the right woman. Dolly Parton is my go to example of a really sexy sultry but still sweet southern accent. 

Hell yeah. It’s weird how growing up everyone thought Dolly was this crazy chick (probably cause she created a theme park as a shrine to herself, but hey) and now everyone is like “god damn dolly is the one of the coolest mother fuckers on this planet” 

Edited by iStu X

MY ORIGINS:

my OG name when I played PC games on cafes long ago was Shadow Angel to coincide with the clan I was in playing Counterstrike...the Angels of Death. Long story short we would (at the time) be a thing in our local scene and we all developed alt names and shorted the names to the AOD moniker. my friends saw I was "on fire" one day and I just replied back "then call me from this point on, 'Infernoman' because I'm hot as hell right now!" and it stuck.

4 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

MY ORIGINS:

my OG name when I played PC games on cafes long ago was Shadow Angel to coincide with the clan I was in playing Counterstrike...the Angels of Death. Long story short we would (at the time) be a thing in our local scene and we all developed alt names and shorted the names to the AOD moniker. my friends saw I was "on fire" one day and I just replied back "then call me from this point on, 'Infernoman' because I'm hot as hell right now!" and it stuck.

My ORIGINS:

My birth certificate.

5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Hell yeah. It’s weird how growing up everyone thought Dolly was this crazy chick (probably cause she created a theme park as a shrine to herself, but hey) and now everyone is like “god damn dolly is the one of the coolest mother fuckers on this planet” 

A lot of those older country singers were pretty interesting people but you don't hear as much about them. She's just really clever and brilliant in ways I don't think a lot of people expect and she's a legit good person in ways a lot of famous people aren't. 

Just now, iStu X said:

Who thought Dolly was crazy? I will fight them!!

She's always been a treasure in my household. 

@DoctaMarioDolly still has the most fire clap back in all of Hollywood/Grand Ole Opre history. When that idiot Porter Wagoner kicked her off his show for giving away HER SONG, in retaliation for that she wrote him "I will always love you." 

How do you not feel like a complete and total asshole after that huh? You do her completely dirty and she writes you a well wishes song in response. Get fucked lmao. 

Edited by RSG3
37 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I can't speak for e so be but most of us knew dick about country music. We knew her as whatever adhd protoform she had, with blonde hair and big ass titties. I didn't really learn about her till a few years ago when the podcast radio lab did a series on her. I gained a whole new respect for her and will fight anyone who tries to shame her. Black Twitter has been about protecting her for a few years now lol

the worst is definitely the Memphis accent/dialect.  I always considered it an unintended compliment when people assumed I was *not* a native.  

Those unfamiliar with it...you people are lucky.  If you're morbidly curious, check out that song "Where dem dollas At?" by Gangsta Boo of the Triple 6 Mafia.  Her voice is textbook Memphis sound right there. 😞 Turrible shit, man.

I haven't even finished watching this but I know Aba & Preach got some gold here:

*ohhhh it just keeps getting worse as the seconds go on...holy shit man...

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Maxx said:

.... I have a generally low bar... My limit is Def white girls with hood accents and new england accents. No fucking bueno. I can hear the heroine and cocaine in the voice

I don't have limits but i do have fears when it comes to atheist women. Mainly because there is a fair chance that it isn't a woman but some atheist asshole trying to get some on me. Normal income atheists are detectable by my seventh sense but rich atheists require batman like procedures to assure the legitimacy of the gender i am dating.

Edited by weneedhim
9 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

I don't have limits but i do have fears when it comes to atheist women. Mainly because there is a fair chance that it isn't a woman but some atheist asshole trying to get some on me. Normal income atheists are detectable by my seventh sense but rich atheists require batman like procedures to assure the legitimacy of the gender i am dating.

.... Why in the fuck would I care about this lmfao. We're in a discussion about fucking new england accents

23 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaooo what? Gimme your list

Lol.

Now I gotta think...

I put KRS1 up there, too.

Most of my list is so old, they aren't even getting movie roles anymore, lmao.

That's what I get for having tastes in music that are so British, I feel like a foreign sponsor of The Killers, for being from the U.S.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Where in your list. Now you got me generally curious

Aesop is my favorite rapper so he's number 1.

Close second is Del the Funky Homosapien. Love his stuff with Deltron 3030 and Hieroglyphics, too.

People Under the Stairs might be after that.

Been listening to MF Doom a lot recently 😥.

I dig on Guru, Immortal Technique, The Roots, a lot of 90s and early 2000s stuff. Scarub and Living Legends, Mos Def, Digable Planets. Redman is dope. 

I don't really listen to much modern hip hop so there's a lot of stuff out there I'm unfamiliar with lol.

Never was a huge fan of Eminem though.

Edited by Chadouken
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

.We're in a discussion about fucking new england accents

I admit. I am sort of oblivious to todays vocabulary. 

I don't know if accents mean the traditional word we normally use or if  it is another one of those new aged  gay slang words that i see used in SRK (right and left). I don't know  what that means, and I assume it is either slang for gay and lesbian, or if it is referring to the direction of where the man hose is curving towards.. all i can say is I am straight.

So when you are saying you are fucking new england accents, is accent like a general term for the Right/Left that i read a lot in SRK (the site, that HE built), like you guys are fucking dudes from New England or something?

11 hours ago, weneedhim said:

I admit. I am sort of oblivious to todays vocabulary. 

I don't know if accents mean the traditional word we normally use or if  it is another one of those new aged  gay slang words that i see used in SRK (right and left). I don't know  what that means, and I assume it is either slang for gay and lesbian, or if it is referring to the direction of where the man hose is curving towards.. all i can say is I am straight.

So when you are saying you are fucking new england accents, is accent like a general term for the Right/Left that i read a lot in SRK (the site, that HE built), like you guys are fucking dudes from New England or something?

... What in the fuck is all this. Are you dumb? 

Edited by Maxx
2 hours ago, JHDK said:

Eminem always felt too scripted to me.

But I am no expert.

Eminem is the White version of the Brown M&M.

You not winning rap battles in the hood as white dude unless you can flow point blank period. One of my uncles best friends was a white dude. That man had serious talent. It was like the twilight zone though. People were interested in his music until he showed up and he was white. In a fucked up way, he had an idea of idea of how is to black. Not because he was a white dude that was rapping though. Because people were interested in his talent until he showed up and they saw what he looked like. I wonder whatever happened to Curtis. I'll have to ask my uncle the next time I see him. Vanilla Ice really ruined it for dudes like him.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You not winning rap battles in the hood as white dude unless you can flow point blank period. One of my uncles best friends was a white dude. That man had serious talent. It was like the twilight zone though. People were interested in his music until he showed up and he was white. In a fucked up way, he had an idea of idea of how is to black. Not because he was a white dude that was rapping though. Because people were interested in his talent until he showed up and they saw what he looked like. I wonder whatever happened to Curtis. I'll have to ask my uncle the next time I see him. Vanilla Ice really ruined it for dudes like him.

There was a space for white rappers pre vanilla ice. You had a few legit good ones like house of pain 

5 hours ago, MillionX said:

the worst is definitely the Memphis accent/dialect.  I always considered it an unintended compliment when people assumed I was *not* a native.  

Those unfamiliar with it...you people are lucky.  If you're morbidly curious, check out that song "Where dem dollas At?" by Gangsta Boo of the Triple 6 Mafia.  Her voice is textbook Memphis sound right there. 😞 Turrible shit, man.

I haven't even finished watching this but I know Aba & Preach got some gold here:

*ohhhh it just keeps getting worse as the seconds go on...holy shit man...

See i hate those guys weird canadian accent. Like literally nails on chalkboard.

New england and new yawk accents grate me.

I also hate the chopped and screwed way people from alabama talk

Though I don't like the boston accent usually.. I do like the NY/NJ sound though... that shit can be hot sometimes, imo.  I've always loved that whenever hearing it in tv and movies... since sadly those people simply did not exist in Memphis when I was growing up, so my only exposure to it was via tv/movies.  I was one of the only dudes that even liked Fran Drescher's voice....also Edie Falco as Mrs. Soprano, and any other girl playing a "mob wife" or "mob girlfriend" you tend to see in tv/movies.  edit---another one---Linda Lavin on the old show "Alice".  She wasn't that hot really but that voice!  woo lawd yes...

Absolute top-rank for me though is always a close race between Aussie, New Zealander and Irish accents.  Women with either of those accents automatically get significant bonus points with me on the hotness scale. After that I'd say Italian and British are next on the list for me.

The only "Southern U.S." sound that stands out in a good way to me is that New Orleans dialect....and of course the "Dolly Parton" (mid-TN/Nashville) sound.

I recently got hooked on that show "Swamp People" (**oddly enough by accident; my tv would already be on History channel from the previous night's Ancient Aliens and "Unexplained" marathons they tend to show, so when I wake up early Saturdays, Swamp People would be on)... there's a cute new girl on there in the 12th(!) season now..she goes by the nickname "Pickle"... would get SO pounced on....  Also, it's funny that some of them have such a deep Louisiana sound, they actually put subtitles on screen so we can understand what the person is saying. 😆

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Apparently it makes her get bloated and gassy the same as people who are lactose intolerant.

She has a citrus intolerance? Might be from the acidity, I know really acidic stuff fucks with my stomach too. 

But *pushes up glasses* there's a big difference between and allergy and an intolerance. Both are a pain in the ass to deal with

Edited by KingTubb
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This actually happened to Rick Astley when his first album dropped. Promo singles back then shipped without a cover, it was just a record with a white label, and so 'Never Gonna Give You Up' actually got a lot of airplay on black R&b stations when it first dropped because they thought he was black until the full album drops and they see some ginger from england on the cover. Needless to say, poor Rick didn't get much play on those stations from there on out 😂

Edited by DoctaMario
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So they stopped liking him when they found out he was white? Cuz that's messed up if so.

In the late 70's appeared one of the first black African-american bands, and sure enough, some people thought they were a gimmick thing. But they were actually really good. Since decades people have been hunting down copies of the album, and they go for a lot of money on eBay. Support black people in metal 🤘

0009756574_20.jpg

Black Metal Matters

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

So they stopped liking him when they found out he was white? Cuz that's messed up if so.

In the late 70's appeared one of the first black African-american bands, and sure enough, some people thought they were a gimmick thing. But they were actually really good. Since decades people have been hunting down copies of the album, and they go for a lot of money on eBay. Support black people in metal 🤘

0009756574_20.jpg

When I lived in Atlanta, my band shared a rehearsal space with this band called EX Vortex who were a black metal band. We played a few shows with them, they were really good, I don't know what happened to them tho. 

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

When I lived in Atlanta, my band shared a rehearsal space with this band called EX Vortex who were a black metal band. We played a few shows with them, they were really good, I don't know what happened to them tho. 

Never heard of them. Did they release any albums? They are not listed on metal archives, so probably not.

https://www.metal-archives.com/search?searchString=EX+Vortex&type=band_name

On 3/1/2021 at 9:32 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

Is there any significance behind you guy's usernames? I wondered how many people thought mine was just a typo. 

I've been using this one for quite some time. OPTIMUS is pretty obvious. 124 is my dad's car number while he was working in law enforcement. 

All-time favorite fighting game character. Played SamSho1 nonstop when the big reds were everywhere. 

sheeeittt, yeah the only neo geo games I enjoyed back in the day were Samurai Shodown and Magician Lord...<<-.the latter wasn't necessarily legendary stuff but I just found it fun at the time, and I liked the music and visuals...I also loved the concept of the character changing forms with the power-ups.  Samurai Shodown just looked cooler and was more fun to play than any of the other NG fighting games, imo....it also had better, more interesting character designs.  Ha, that may be one for the "unpopular opinions" conversation there---but I never liked how the characters in certain other games just looked like regular people with such ordinary clothes on.  Samurai lets you be cool-looking, interesting characters...something that is a critical element of whether or not I will enjoy a game.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

This actually happened to Rick Astley when his first album dropped. Promo singles back then shipped without a cover, it was just a record with a white label, and so 'Never Gonna Give You Up' actually got a lot of airplay on black R&b stations when it first dropped because they thought he was black until the full album drops and they see some ginger from england on the cover. Needless to say, poor Rick didn't get much play on those stations from there on out 😂

I remember that. I felt bad for dude. People know him for the Rick'roll but the man can sing. I find it funny that when my mom grew up in the 70s music was less segregated on the radio.