Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

spacer.png

So the big debate in the Fgc is everything needing rollback.. Which it does. But am I crazy or was lag not that crazy bad in the early 2000s? I played cvs2 on the original Xbox and I don't remember lag being as bad as people have it now. Maybe if I played someone from another country but not in the US. Is it I have a shitty memory or just wasn't as many people online? 

7 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

CVS2 on xbox was mostly laggy and freeze frame like for me. I had a cable modem and wired connection then.

I occasionally had some good matches here and there though. 

Tekken 6 on x360 in 2009 was also asstastic for me.

I had no problems with tag 2 on 360. Those were hilarious times because people kept getting salty about my Steve they'd send me the biggest scurb quotes cry about doing the same shit over and over. One dude threatened to hack my Xbox 

8 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

My gut feeling was that T6,being their first online game, didn't have optimized netcode or other tech issues.

On the other hand, TTT 2 ran very smooth for me. IMO it was the most fun online fighter of the X360/PS3 era for me.

That makes alot sense, looking at the "rollback" in t7 being their first try and is questionable as fuck shows they got issues on the first tries 

I am seriously considering buying a pillow after watching this video. The rationale for the pillow shape is sound. $70 for a pillow is hard to swallow though.

Reading some of the comments on the video above, you can buy blue memory foam shreds from Amazon and stuff a pillow case like those Coop pillows and it works great. So I think I am going to try it. Anybody here uses a memory foam pillow?

Edited by AriesWarlock
Just now, AriesWarlock said:

I am seriously considering buying a pillow after watching this video. The rationale for the pillow shape is sound. $70 for a pillow is hard to swallow though.

Reading some of the comments on the video above, you can buy blue memory foam shreds from Amazon and stuff a pillow case like those Coop pillows and it works great. So I think I am going to try it. Anybody here uses a memory foam pillow?

Watched reviews for these pillows and they are about 50% hype. They are good for some side sleepers but the pillow only comes in two nights and that doesn't mean either is the correct night for you. Also doesn't take into account the dip in your mattress or the pillow going flat after some time. 

Just what I know of them. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

So the big debate in the Fgc is everything needing rollback.. Which it does. But am I crazy or was lag not that crazy bad in the early 2000s? I played cvs2 on the original Xbox and I don't remember lag being as bad as people have it now. Maybe if I played someone from another country but not in the US. Is it I have a shitty memory or just wasn't as many people online? 

Lag was bad, but almost nobody had played on anything better at that point so no one knew any better. Delay netcode is a lot better than it used to be, but unless the game is built around that kinda like SamSho7 is, it's going to feel not great.

Rollback doesnt' solve everything though. I'd rather play someone with a horrible connection on delay netcode than rollback because at least I have a chance of hitting them as opposed to mashing buttons and hoping something connects.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Rose colored glasses fam. I've had the same issue. Then you go back and try to play some of the games you think weren't that bad. I have the same issue with graphics in older 3D games I haven't seem in a while. The human memory's DLSS smokes Nvidia's version.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This fucking fgc YouTube really said he manhandles inputs and struggles to do srks on stick. In what world is a fucking shoryuken hard on a fucking stick 😂

When capcom decided it was too hard so they shortcutted it to down towards x2 + punch. 

Edited by iStu X
29 minutes ago, iStu X said:

When capcom decided it was too hard so they shortcutted it to down towards x2 + punch. 

Which I actually fucking hate.

Kids these days... I had a 99% reversal SRK rate in Alpha 2, back in the day. That shit was 1-frame. And they can't even do Babby's First Smash Input.

45 minutes ago, Maxx said:

A srk and hadouken have very very low execution bars. Tekken hasn't dumbed down its inputs, and it's arguably the most popular series right now

I not saying I agree, but I think that what rep of Capcom said they are going with. 

I think Capcom needs to stop taking input from journalists who can't even clear tutorial levels on games.

28 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Obv.

This doesn't change the fact that they are dumb and wholly unearned.

Meh we are finding more and more comeback mechanics have always existed. We just weren't aware. I wanna say it's sfa2, it's discovered that whoever loses rounds one gets more life bar in the second round. 

I don't know why but I never liked this DarthSaul lady.

Every time i see his post, I feel that i lost a lot of hair on my legs.  He sounds like a guy who likes to watch Kpop dramas, goes on Victoria Stillwell fan pages, and prefers his steak medium rare and diced with no seasoning.
I thought Fishjiz was the alpha girlyman but it's as if he  retired and passed it down to several posters, one of them being DarkSaul.

Edited by weneedhim
23 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Making df,df into the SRK input actually made it harder imo. 

I don't mind a looser style of input. 3rd Strike and the Guilty Gear series have always felt about right to me as far as move input is concerned. 

I always thought gg and kof were on the stricter side of things

Edited by Maxx
8 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

The older games are, absolutely. The older GG and KOF games require nothing short of absolute godtier execution. 

As far as SRKs and stuff go on my hitbox, I can do that shit in my sleep on P1 side ... put me on P2 side and uhhh, it's bad.

Ohh OK. To be fair the last time I really delved into gg was ggxx. But strive is also on the stricter side of things as well. Took me a bit to get the ram stuff. 

49 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

He sounds like a guy who likes to watch Kpop dramas, goes on Victoria Stillwell fan pages, and prefers his steak medium rare and diced with no seasoning.

Didn't know who or what Victoria Stillwell was, I had to look it up. 

As for my Steaks, I rather get a medium rare than Well Done. I usually order my steaks rare.
And a good steak needs no seasoning. No Ketchup, Steak sauce or gravy ether, that is for people who hate steaks. 
But I usually order my steak with seasoned/ loaded potatoes, ether baked or mashed.

I also didn't know steak can be served diced?

So I going to question your sexuality for knowing about who ever Victoria Stillwell is, has his steak diced, and the fuck is a Kpop Drama?

22 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I was actually expecting this response

spacer.png

But "Ohhh OK" was better 

Y'know, Preppy confirmed to me, via pm, back when SRK was going to close for good, that it WAS in fact Cisco who saved it.

Considering the current state of that board... I think perhaps it is time for Cisco to face some hard facts about which "He", it is, that he really just might possibly be.

Edited by JHDK
I swear, less battery = more Korean sperru chekku.
5 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Preppy? 🤣
The guy who tried at everything to get rid of GD over at SRK. 

That was before a mentally imbalanced mod finally caused him to crack, and go off the deep end, to where said whiny victim complex in the shell/runes could appear plausibly justified.

I mean, did Preppy fuck up?

Yeah.

Was he being goaded for months prior?

Why yes, yes he was.

Edited by JHDK

Preppy was mentally imbalanced for a while. 
He used to ban people on SRK for beating him at online matches of SF4. 
He abused his powers like crazy till he was forced to step down. 

And Preppy always hated GD.

Pethro was the one who snapped after months of being goaded, it was about the same time he had a death in the family too.

Edited by DarkSakul
11 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Preppy was mentally imbalanced for a while. 
He used to ban people on SRK for beating him at online matches of SF4. 
He abused his powers like crazy till he was forced to step down. 

And Preppy always hated GD.

Pethro was the one who snapped after months of being goaded, it was about the same time he had a death in the family too.

Oh, no.

I am not disagreeing that Preppy went off the deep end.

But there was bullshit brewing for months before any of that happened.

And it was 100% on the other imbalanced guy.

Before he became the main mod, I had actually advocated at length to Preppy, offering what I thought at the time to be compelling arguments for the other guy's ascension to mod-hood.

And all of the other cheek aside, to be Frank, I was wrong.

That fight was a long time coming.

And rune-boy pressed all the right buttons on Preppy, who as we both can agree was cracking himself, under his own issues, to administer bad, arguably worse, possibly worst judgement.

It wasn't as simple as the cuntish thing Preppy said. Nor was it as simple as that plus his cuntishly trying to cover it up. I would have had A LOT more respect for Preppy, despite the assholish thing he said, had he owned it outright. Because the issues between the two of them had been there pretty much since rune-boy became a mod.

Edited by JHDK
Samsung loves English.
2 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

The older games are, absolutely. The older GG and KOF games require nothing short of absolute godtier execution. 

As far as SRKs and stuff go on my hitbox, I can do that shit in my sleep on P1 side ... put me on P2 side and uhhh, it's bad.

I’m way better on P1 side as well. It’s due to me being left handed though. I always hated trying to do customs in CvS2 on P2 side. ShoShoSho and Painting was hard as fuck to do for me on P2

Edited by iStu X
28 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m way better on P1 side as well. It’s due to me being left handed though. I always hated trying to do customs in CvS2 on P2 side. ShoShoSho and Painting was hard as fuck to do for me on P2

The two weird ass skills I have are in ambi with fighting games. I can play either side. Also I absolutely have no problems playing stick or pad, I'm just way more comfortable with a pad. 

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

Y'know, Preppy confirmed to me, via pm, back when SRK was going to close for good, that it WAS in fact Cisco who saved it.

Considering the current state of that board... I think perhaps it is time for Cisco to face some hard facts about which "He", it is, that he really just might possibly be.

How did Cisco save srk? 

Edited by Maxx
24 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The two weird ass skills I have are in ambi with fighting games. I can play either side. Also I absolutely have no problems playing stick or pad, I'm just way more comfortable with a pad. 

How did Cisco save srk? 

This is the question for the ages.

I inferred that there was some monetary exchange.

I do not, however, rule out the possibility of souls.

56 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I am too.

But I never had a problem playing on either side.

Not in 2D, at least.

But sometimes things get crossed in Tekken.

Not even EWGF stuff, but basic diagonals.

Come to think of it, the one thing I am weaker at on P2 in 2D, is IADing.