Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

https://www.businessinsider.com/mitch-mcconnell-national-abortion-ban-possible-roe-v-wade-overturned-2022-5

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell acknowledged that a national ban on abortions would be a possibility if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade this summer as it appears poised to do.

His comments came after a leaked draft of a Supreme Court ruling showed a majority of justices were in favor of overturning Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that enshrined the right to an abortion.

In an interview with USA Today published Saturday, McConnell was asked if the idea of a national abortion ban was "worthy of debate."

"If the leaked opinion became the final opinion, legislative bodies — not only at the state level but at the federal level — certainly could legislate in that area," McConnell said. "And if this were the final decision, that was the point that it should be resolved one way or another in the legislative process. So yeah, it's possible."

Republican politicians are Captain Planet villains now. That's the only logical explanation. Bear in mind, he didn't say "fuck yeah we want to do that, fuck are you gonna do". He just said it's a possibility. But I'm convinced these people are miserable now, and want to make people as miserable as them. That's the only explanation. Just evil.

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

What I don't get about the super anti-abortion crowd is their inconsistency. As soon as that baby is born they oppose virtually everything that will give that child a chance to succeed in life and don't hesitate to be pro-death penalty. I think "Pro-Life" is poor moniker. 

It's because all they want are dumb able bodies for labor and for war. They don't give a fuck about us otherwise. 

When you have smart people they ask questions like "Why do they get free Healthcare and we don't." "Why do they get to trade on a market they have direct influence of?" "Why do they have all the money in the world for Rich people and the military but are broke as fuck when it comes to anything else?"

Edited by RSG3

I was in the middle of reading the funniest orsen wells quote i ever saw on twitter and it fucking reloaded before i could save it. 

Essentially he was talking about his role in the transformers movie. He was talking about how shockwave is the best transformera because hes the biggest gun. But megatron is also a gun but because shockwave is bigger as a gun hes the best transformer. 

Then the interviewer said well. Megatron is still big. And orsen is like.. Sure to us as humans. But to transformers hes the smallest and shockwave is bigger thus hes the best transformer and shockwave only got lines because he demanded it 

17 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I just seen some chicks compare Kevin Samuels to Scar from the Lion King, like the Scar that was jealous enough to kill his brother for the throne then exiled his nephew, yes, THAT Scar.

And guess who they think is the worst of the two. I can't make this shit up 😂

There's also a nurse that may have ended her career. Talking about doing harm to Kevin had he been her patient. 

I love my black women. However. The ones that think niggas ain't suppose to tell them shit? Yet demand protection and provision? They need to stay the fuck out the gene pool and not adopt. Let your dysfunctional ways end with you.

Edited by BB_Hoody
28 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

There's also a nurse that may have ended her career. Talking about doing harm to Kevin had he been her patient. 

I love my black women. However. The ones that think niggas ain't suppose to tell them shit? Yet demand protection and provision? They need to stay the fuck out the gene pool and not adopt. Let your dysfunctional ways end with you.

Dude was on these chicks' necks so bad they had to wait for him to die to talk shit cuz they couldn't bully him while he was still alive to defend himself 

Edited by HD-Man

ha, just the term "Black Queens" is enough to make a lot of folks laugh at the absurdity.  From how a large percentage of them act and present themselves in public in the past few decades.... "Queen" is one of the LAST descriptive terms that comes to mind for anyone with sense, imo.  Let me guess... is your "crown" is that ugly ass bonnet you're wearing in public lately?  Those worthless shit ass teens that stole a car in D.C., resulting in that dude getting killed as he tried to hold on to his vehicle... I suppose those were "Queens" in action? 😆  ...or that big linebacker sized Barney the Dinosaur looking bitch that punched some other person with a gun in her hand, accidentally killing them instantly... is that another "Queen"?

If we had one here on the boards, this is the precise moment where she chimes in with "OMG WHO HURT YOU?!", of course.  It's also amusing to observe how predictable they are.

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'm mixed on this. It's crazy her life could get ruined over just a terrible joke. But nurses shouldn't joke like that. You aren't even supposed to imply you hurt patients on purpose. Not too long ago, there was a nurse (not black) who admitted she poked a patient more than necessary to draw blood because he said something about pronouns. I don't know what happened to her, but that was stupido.

But yeah, this nurse is fucking around and finding out soon and it's a shame.

5 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I've been hearing that the usual expected people are upset about this development.  I just saw a few comments here and there in my feed but wasn't 100% what it was about.

I have no real opinions til i see him in action and what his take on the doctor is. Ive been a fan since i was 14/15 but it was mever big here til 04 so its not like i was bullied over that fandom. The doctors personalities vary wildly so every version is weird and unique. So i just gotta wait ans aee what he brings to the table and see how i feel about it then. In general its cool.. Prob has a bigger impact in england. Miles morales being a spiderman has more of an affect on my geekdom than a black doctor who. 

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

They're just evil.

You know it's bad when the most logical explanation for your actions is that you're just evil. Normally, I try to find a reason for why certain shit is happening, but I got nothing here besides "evil people want to fuck shit up".

This is really niave. Boiling it down to just evil makes it easier for them blindside you because you've stopped looking, stopped trying to understand. They are not just evil. They have plans. They have goals. It's so much more then "I want to see the world burn."

I didn't know the Van Hellsing show was still going, actually...?  I noticed recently on netflix it shows up with the "New Episodes" designation.  I watched a few more today, but I'm still just in season 2.  Things definitely got more interesting to me when that guy who's a serial killer got turned into a vamp....he's also been more difficult to kill than the low-level chumps you see at the start of the series.  One episode I was just watching... a guy blasted this dude with a rifle a few times, and he ran through the gunfire like that was nothing.  That's how it should be... vamps should not be so easily killed like the common ones they showed earlier.  At the very least it should take a coordinated effort of several people with a good plan.

I finally saw Spiderman No Way Home earlier today since I got a cheap dvd.... this was even better than I thought; I'd put it right up there next to Spiderman 2. 

Marisa Tomei =  yep, I'd still eat that anytime, anyplace.  The Wall is trying to get her but she keeps sidestepping the hits so far.

30 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I never really knew how this girl became popular. 

Kim Kardashian doesn't have any talent ,but she's good at being a whore. 

There was a time, long long ago when she first hit the scene, where Amy Schumer was funny. Now I'm unsure if I'm remembering that time wrong. That joke was even worse than the Alec Baldwin one she talked about.

31 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

There was a time, long long ago when she first hit the scene, where Amy Schumer was funny. Now I'm unsure if I'm remembering that time wrong. That joke was even worse than the Alec Baldwin one she talked about.

Some of those comedy central roasts I remember her being decent. Not sure how she would know Charlie Sheen or Roseanne but it was alright considering what the network gave her to work with.

10 hours ago, Reticently said:

Plan B is the only one of those I could believe, as it is actually terminating a pregnancy post conception. Reading a bit about the IUD's being made illegal (https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news/iuds-plan-b-likely-illegal-in-missouri-post-roe-37654014 and https://www.truthorfiction.com/louisiana-iud-bill/) from sources making that claim, the best they could come up with is reaching conjecture saying that one technically could  ban them under anti-abortion laws. Furthermore, someone proposing something- especially a candidate proposing something, which could include a Vermin Supreme tier candidate- doesn't mean any meaningful amount of people (public or legislators) want it or would vote for it.

I'm pro-choice (albeit as a last resort) myself, but the hysteria and flat out cartoon version of reality reaction from people over Roe v Wade is ridiculous, especially from people who have spend the last 2 years clamoring on about "misinformation". It's remarkable how few pro choice people are wiling to consider the possibility that anti-abortion people are concerned about the killing of unborn children- specifically what they will tell you- rather than fantasies about legal prohibition on birth control or forced celibacy. I swear it seems like people my generation and younger haven't actually tried talking to anyone they disagree with beyond mass "reeee" dogpiles in forums and social media. I grew up in a very religious environment and know a lot of people who are very anti abortion- not all of them religious- and I can't think of a single one who endorses the legal prohibition of birth control or condoms (even including those who won't use BC themselves). I'm sure there are people like that out there, but again, far from enough to make anything legislative happen. In my experience, the anti abortion crowd is very much in favor of contraceptives to prevent the need for abortions to begin with, even if begrudgingly so for religious reasons. You'll also hear them regularly making the case that adoption should be much easier, as anyone who has seriously looked into adopting a child in the USA will tell you that it's a long, difficult, and tremendously expensive process. I know couples that want kids but can't have them who eventually give up due to the burden. Most, if not all, of the foster parent I've known have been anti-abortion. The closest thing I've seen to the caricature you guys depict are parents who refuse to put their teenage daughters on the pill for fear of giving their little girl license to be sexually active. I can understand seeing your little girl become active is a bitter bitter pill to swallow, but honestly it's one people should accept and choke down sooner- the huge majority of parents do once they know their daughter if active, but sometimes that's too late. This juvenile worldview where people can only see their political opponents as cartoon villains is embarrassing. 

5 hours ago, Camacho said:

Plan B is the only one of those I could believe, as it is actually terminating a pregnancy post conception.

States are already out there doing it.  As you likely know from the articles you just posted, Plan B uses the same hormone (Levonorgestrel) used in the most common IUDs (Mirena, etc).  If you get an IUD put in within 5 days of sex, it does exactly what Plan B does.  Furthermore, IUDs don't prevent every single fertilization- the eggs that do become fertilized are prevented from implanting.  Any argument directed at Plan B over its method of action extends to IUDs. 

You'll also hear them regularly making the case that adoption should be much easier, as anyone who has seriously looked into adopting a child in the USA will tell you that it's a long, difficult, and tremendously expensive process. I know couples that want kids but can't have them who eventually give up due to the burden.

Cool, but spurious- abortion isn't the reason adoption in the US is difficult.

The closest thing I've seen to the caricature you guys depict

Tell me more about this caricature I'm depicting, "reee". 🙄

States already have a boatload of restrictions on abortions (and birth control*).  Plenty of those restriction are even reasonable.  There aren't any doctors out there performing abortions on "viable**" late-term babies, at least none that are going to get to keep practicing/avoid jail time.  But we're out here looking at worst-offender states' legislatures upping the ante on shit they, charitably, aren't qualified to speak on.  Never mind bodily autonomy or when it's reasonable to call something human life- the reddest legislators aren't floating proposals that even so much as safe-harbor medically advisable abortions.  Let's say a mom-to-be can reasonably carry one baby safely, and that twins would be pretty risky, but she gets knocked up with quadruplets.  Do you know what a fetal reduction is?  Walk me through at what point, in the eyes of a "reasonable" anti-abortionist, that mom is on the hook for murder.

Oh shit- forgot my own footnotes:

* I live in PA, a northeastern purple state, and my wife still needed legal permission from me to get her tubes tied.  How fucked up is that?

** "Viability" as a standard is kind of a trap.  Lot's of fucked up conditions can lead to a live birth where the kids just suffers immensely for a couple of hours/days before dying.  I just didn't want to blow the sentence up putting nuance on something succinct. 

Edited by Reticently

It is surprising that most of the extreme verbal anti-gay guys are gay themselves or also into pedophilia. Priests in the catholic church are an example of this. I remember hearing from Jordan Pereson or someone that the Catholic church became a gay fuck zone within. 

Edited by zatalcon3