Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

It was direct to video and then split into 5 parts for syndication.

Due to the failure of TFTM, it never got a theatrical release!..

That will now be rectified!

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/GI-Joe-The-Movie

GIJOE the Movie (1987) will be in select theaters in the USA on June 23 and June 25, 2022!

This year marks the 35th anniversary of the original movie's release AND the 40th anniversary of the GIJOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO line which introduced the 3.75 inch figures and the ruthless terrorist organization COBRA!

YO JOE!

Edited by DangerousJ
1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Ok guys. Would you rather by Age 40

A. Earn 150k yearly without working OT or doing physical labor

B. Earn 50k but through investments, royalties etc. Thus never have to work again.

If you older than 40. Then just pretend I'm asking 20 year old you.

In this fucking labor abusive country? I'd rather never have to go back to go work ever again. Fuck basically all these fucking jobs. 

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

B. Earn 50k but through investments, royalties etc. Thus never have to work again.

B

It would give me time to truly invest in my passion. I can game, stream and while that money doesn't go far in cali, I would move to a new place where 50k can let me live like a king

3 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

20 year old me would say 150K per year, but I'm at a point where my house is nearly paid for so making 50K a year and never working again sounds way better than 150K per year and working 9 to 5.

I'll say the main reason I won't move from Mobile is because the cost of living is relatively cheap, hell Alabama as a whole is really considered a retirement state. I mean, my rent is like $700 a month, and it's a decent neighborhood too. 

I make under 50k a year and I'm doing alright, I only occasionally struggle cuz I like to spend money like a drug dealer. lmao. But yeah, above 50k, I'd for the most part be able to live my ideal lifestyle 

I'd take the "never work again" option. Easily. I make more than 50K a year, but I'm able to tuck away a nice amount into savings each month, to the point I might as well be living off of 50K anyway. To make that in a year doing nothing is great. Plus, if I decide it's not enough, I can still work. Wait, can I? Don't know the limits of this hypothetical.

Edited by axeman61
4 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

B and it's not close

40 hours a week, 160 hours a month, 1920 hours in a year, for 100,000 dollars difference? If you're a normal human up for 16 hours a day, you spend something like 5840 hours a year awake. Yes I will sacrifice 100k a year to make a relatively middling amount of money and have a whole fucking third of my waking hours back under my own control 

Dating criteria in Arkansas Is so weird. I’m not even talking about the religious stuff. Though that shit is weird too. But it actually genuinely weirds me out. “THE FIRST MAN I LOVE AND WILL ALWAYS LOVE IS JESUS!” Really? You gunna hit up Jesus when you need money in your purse for your drank and your shoes? Really? 

I see a lot of dating profiles act like being being pro-420 is some hyper progressive thing and a personality type. 

I don’t care if you are. I’m not even against being 420 friendly. I just don’t fucking care if you are . It’s as relevant to me as your astrology sign. It’s not even remotely a flex.

Weed has been legal in WA state for close to 15 years now. Maybe longer. You being able to do a bong rip doesn’t mean shit to me.

Try developing a personality instead

6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Dating criteria in Arkansas Is so weird. I’m not even talking about the religious stuff. Though that shit is weird too. But it actually genuinely weirds me out. “THE FIRST MAN I LOVE AND WILL ALWAYS LOVE IS JESUS!” Really? You gunna hit up Jesus when you need money in your purse for your drank and your shoes? Really? 

I see a lot of dating profiles act like being being pro-420 is some hyper progressive thing and a personality type. 

I don’t care if you are. I’m not even against being 420 friendly. I just don’t fucking care if you are . It’s as relevant to me as your astrology sign. It’s not even remotely a flex.

Weed has been legal in WA state for close to 15 years now. Maybe longer. You being able to do a bong rip doesn’t mean shit to me.

Try developing a personality instead

I've been on dates where the girl was pissed to find out I smoked weed. I dunno what these profiles look like but saying your 420 friendly is saying you don't mind weed cuz lots of people do. I'm upfront about it myself. Was one of the first things I told my girl about myself cuz she deserves to know what I'm about upfront. 

"I play a lot of Videogames and I smoke a lot of weed. If that bothers you this isn't going to work."

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I've been on dates where the girl was pissed to find out I smoked weed. I dunno what these profiles look like but saying your 420 friendly is saying you don't mind weed cuz lots of people do. I'm upfront about it myself. Was one of the first things I told my girl about myself cuz she deserves to know what I'm about upfront. 

"I play a lot of Videogames and I smoke a lot of weed. If that bothers you this isn't going to work."

Any functioning adult with a working brain should realize marijuana is not a drug and it doesn’t fucking matter if someone smokes it or not. 

im also super hungry but wanted something light so I made guacamole and eggs. Hell yeah

Dance Art GIF

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I'd take the "never work again" option. Easily. I make more than 50K a year, but I'm able to tuck away a nice amount into savings each month, to the point I might as well be living off of 50K anyway. To make that in a year doing nothing is great. Plus, if I decide it's not enough, I can still work. Wait, can I? Don't know the limits of this hypothetical.

It's one or the other. No going back into the work force. Starting a business isn't off the table because their's risk there. But the  sure 150k from just 40hrs a week and non labor Intensive work is off the table if you choose B.

Also it's really cool to see how much us guys value free time. Where as women seem to be so much about the bag and career focused. Talk about role reversal lol. I think I'll start working towards that goal of 50k annual passive income by 40.

I need to ask women that question. Would they prefer a man that makes 300k a year working 60 hrs a week in a leadership position. A man making 150k a year working 40hrs a week in a non leadership position. Or a guy making 50k a year. But it's passive income. So he has plenty of free time. Thus can live more spontaneously

Edited by BB_Hoody
14 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Any functioning adult with a working brain should realize marijuana is not a drug and it doesn’t fucking matter if someone smokes it or not.

Weed is absolutely a drug, it alters you mind and body state. It's not a dangerous drug but it is deffinitly a drug. Caffeine is a drug to. So is Alchohol.

Also you don't really get to tell people what does and doesn't matter to them. I don't date or spend a lot of time with people who drink a lot because I don't like how that drug effects people. Too many people become someone else when under its influence for my liking. You don't get to tell people what their standards are Stu. My girlfriend has a child, she's absolutely allowed to decide what drugs are in her house or around her kid. I really don't understand where you are coming from with this at all to be honest with you. 

Drug isn't a naughty word despite how fucking hard that Cock Gobbler Nancy Reagan tried to make it one. 

Edited by RSG3

yeah I'd prefer to never work again.  I would have more than enough time to do something I actually want like producing my own show or series, animation, games, etc. whatever.  If I went the route of making my own show, like a "shock-jock" kinda thing (that's always been the route I would imagine myself doing if I ran a show; Howard Stern and Tom Leykis being major influences), naturally I'd have no fear of losing my "day job" over some wild shit I said on yesterday's episode or "what if my management finds out I was talking about _____ on the show today?" or "what if they find out how violent this game is I just created?" and all that.  When you can afford to no longer have a regular day job and just do your own thing in life... then in today's world you are truly free to do and say whatever.

On another note---I still laugh whenever I remember that 1 night in Elden Ring when I invaded and someone in there had the character name "George Floyd" and they got killed...so right as I was spawning in the world I see the message on screen "George Floyd has died."  It's one of those things I'm not supposed to laugh at but

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Drug isn't a naughty word despite how fucking hard that Cock Gobbler Nancy Reagan tried to make it one. 

I know. That’s my point. “Not a drug” I guess is the wrong term I guess. I just don’t see it as a big deal. as most reasons  people give around here are tied to really judgmental, religious or racial things.  the usual Bible Belt shit  

Edited by iStu X
13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I know. That’s my point. “Not a drug” I guess is the wrong term I guess. I just don’t see it as a big deal especially around here.

Ok so I'm pushing against this because it's literally a psychoactive drug. I'd be more comfortable normalizing it's use, both Rec and Medicinal, and we try to take away the stigma surrounding the word drug, shit take away the "glory" of doing them to. Does that make sense? 

13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

as most reasons  people give around here are tied to really judgmental, religious or racial things.  the usual Bible Belt shit  

Well as I said I didn't know what the profiles looked like so I dunno how they are representing themselves. That's a big part of all of this I think. Instead I tried to give a logical example of why someone would be upfront about it. It was about respecting the person I was looking to spend intimate time with. Wasn't a brag or my personality, it's about letting the person you want to bring into your life know what your life is about. It's not my entire personality but it is something I do very regularly and she deserved to know, you know? 

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Ok so I'm pushing against this because it's literally a psychoactive drug. I'd be more comfortable normalizing it's use, both Rec and Medicinal, and we try to take away the stigma surrounding the word drug, shit take away the "glory" of doing them to. Does that make sense? 

It does. And I agree. 

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

you know? 

Yes

$50,000 a year without a job is a trap if you don't do it right.  In the US that means you're stuck paying for your own benefits- ponying up for private health insurance and limited to putting like $6k a year away for retirement in an IRA.  Factor in income tax (likely short term gains and self paying Social Security contribution).  The actual money you have to live off of is likely less than $30k (which is obviously doable, but live in the wrong zip code or pop out a kid or 2, and suddenly you need to get a job).

I think @Hecatomhas the right answer- take the $50k and don't live in the US.

38 minutes ago, Reticently said:

$50,000 a year without a job is a trap if you don't do it right.  In the US that means you're stuck paying for your own benefits- ponying up for private health insurance and limited to putting like $6k a year away for retirement in an IRA.  Factor in income tax (likely short term gains and self paying Social Security contribution).  The actual money you have to live off of is likely less than $30k (which is obviously doable, but live in the wrong zip code or pop out a kid or 2, and suddenly you need to get a job).

I think @Hecatomhas the right answer- take the $50k and don't live in the US.

Given the current market conditions. Long term investing in a IRA is worth it? 

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I've been on dates where the girl was pissed to find out I smoked weed. I dunno what these profiles look like but saying your 420 friendly is saying you don't mind weed

Everyone knows what 420 means, trust me. It probably wasn't the weed that was the problem, you should use your actual pictures for your profile because it does suck when you got a match with someone you are attracted to, only to find out that profile pic was a lie and that person is actually fat and ugly IRL. Embrace your tier status and swipe right on the fat ugly girls.

19 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Given the current market conditions. Long term investing in a IRA is worth it? 

Long term investing right now is actually optimal- there's a ton of stock that's at basically sale of the century prices right now because of market panic.  Totally worth it, assuming that your immediate needs are met and you aren't in serious credit card debt or similar.

Ohhh yes I got quite a nice movie haul today from Walmart:

• "The Bombs, Babes, & Blockbusters of Cannon Films 10-pack DVD Collection" --this is "Missing in Action", Invasion USA, that Stallone movie COBRA(!!!), The Delta Force, Masters of the Universe, Over the Top, Bloodsport, The Hitman, and Hellbound, and Electric Boogalo: The Wild Untold Story of Cannon Films.
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • They Came from the 80s -- this has The Fog, The Howling, The Burning, and Pumpkinhead... I was mostly interested in this for The Howling and Pumpkinhead.

All from that great era where people in the movie and tv show industry cared much more about just making something cool/entertaining that audiences will pay to see.

They also had a dvd of The Goonies there for just 5 bucks... I might get that next time, actually. 

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Long term investing right now is actually optimal- there's a ton of stock that's at basically sale of the century prices right now because of market panic.  Totally worth it, assuming that your immediate needs are met and you aren't in serious credit card debt or similar.

That makes sense. I actually have money in the market. Just waiting for my stock to get to a break even point or better so I can cash out. More intrest rate hikes are coming. So market will crash further. 

Take that cash. Pay off my credit cards. Keep the rest as an safety net to build on. Then pile up cash for when the market reaches its bottom. 

I plan to go back into CD's now that interest rates are going back up. I might buy more into S&P500 once it reaches rock bottom. I spoke with my financial advisor that the stock market usually goes through a six month "course correction" during recession periods, but the war in Ukraine might prolong food and material shortages. Russia gives no fucks about anything right now.

13 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

It was direct to video and then split into 5 parts for syndication.

Due to the failure of TFTM, it never got a theatrical release!..

That will now be rectified!

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/GI-Joe-The-Movie

GIJOE the Movie (1987) will be in select theaters in the USA on June 23 and June 25, 2022!.....

OHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIT!!  I am so sad my son is only two, he is can't appreciate the majesty that is this movie.

12 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

I plan to go back into CD's now that interest rates are going back up. I might buy more into S&P500 once it reaches rock bottom. I spoke with my financial advisor that the stock market usually goes through a six month "course correction" during recession periods, but the war in Ukraine might prolong food and material shortages. Russia gives no fucks about anything right now.

It's wild. Basically almost all gains from the 2020 and early 2021 bull run. Have basically been wiped out. And we're not even half way through the year yet. This is definitely the time where fortunes are made. But yeah we have to wait for the bottom. This definitely ain't it.

20 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

Have you considered I bonds?  They might be a better option than CDs if you are just looking for somewhere to park your money.
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/products/prod_ibonds_glance.htm

Edited by J-ride
3 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

Meme stock such as GameStop and AMC are popular again, though I wouldn't recommend it. They are a "blink and you will miss it" situation.

It's too late for me. I'm in too deep in AMC to turn back now. Down 22%. Just hoping for a run back to 15 to break even. Or if I'm lucky. A run to 20 to make a solid profit. 

5 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Have you considered I bonds?  They might be a better option than CDs if you are just looking for somewhere to park your money.
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/research/indepth/ibonds/res_ibonds.htm

Bonds and money market are already a part of my 401k. I make CD's with extra cash that I don't feel comfortable throwing into the stock market. A few years ago I used CD's as a "set it and forget it" method of saving money. I have a handful of accounts I juggle that when they mature, I roll it over and throw extra into it.

58 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Sounding like a bunch of lazy mofos in here to me.  I'd take the 150k and a chill job.  Live nice and retire early and still live nice.

You could probably retire really early making $150k a year if you kept your standard of living where it already is (for those of us making way less than $150k) and invested the excess for 10-15 years. 

..On the I bonds, they're currently at 9.62%. Wouldn't expect them to stay that high for a long time, but it's an easy and ultra safe buy right now.

Edited by Camacho
1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

The guy said think of me as 20 year old me.  Making 150k a year at 20 years old.  Yeah, im finna retire early as fuck and live a nice life.

Whoa there. I said ask 20 year old you.  By age 40. Would you like to be in that position? As in spend the next 20 years working to get to that point. Or the 50k in passive income. What 20 year old is making 6 figures without any OT??? Lol

Edited by BB_Hoody