Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I am talking specifically about latin america here.

I don't doubt that with time, some people living on Usa start using it in a different manner.

But as far as latin america and spain pertains, gringo is anyone from the usa, regardless of race.

Pretty much like for example, the people from my country are called catracho, from guatemala are called chapin, etc.

weird so its basically gaijin for spanish? ive never heard this and always heard it as a slight slur to white people. just never had the same impact as cracker or other slurs

Just now, Maxx said:

weird so its basically gaijin for spanish? ive never heard this and always heard it as a slight slur to white people. just never had the same impact as cracker or other slurs

In some places gringo is used for all foreigners, but rule of thumb is that is used for anyone from usa.

If it is meant as an insult or not, depends of the context, since it can be used as nickname, as an endearing way to refer someone, as an insult, etc.

But that is a particularity of the language mostly, since it happens with a lot of words.

In my country for example we use the word maje as a way to refer to anyone in an informal way, depending of the context it can mean, stupid, homie, etc.

In colombia, the word marica, depending of the context can be used as a insult or the same way as maje in my country, as a way to refer to homies.

Is probable that since on the boarder and near areas/states there were more white people, the latinos around there started using it more to refer to them, and due the historica confrontational situations between both groups it is more often used as an insult than the general use we give it in latin america.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, Amber Heard's attorney basically just tapped out on re-direct 🤣

I don't understand why she suddenly came in with additional questions on a crossexam. Thought the entire point was that the opposite team gets to tackle the defendant unopposed?

on the other hand, Miss Vassquez is going to become a lot more popular after this case. Think we can safely say this is the highlight of her career

Edited by PVL_93_RU
21 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Well kids in Colombia are called "chinos"....which is also the same word for Chinese....so it's all pretty confusing.

But if you want more general terms for foreigners in Mexico, "gabacho" could be more universally accepted than gringos

It reminds me how on El Salvador, they use Niña to refer to older women, so you have people clalling a 50 something woman La Niña Maria for example, never mind that niña is the word to refer to female kids, lol.

Or in my country, we use mico as a slang way to say kid, which is a word for monkey as well.

If you are angry with a kid, you call him mico viejo for example.

We also use cipote, and for what i know, in spain, cipote means dick.

We also use pico, for mouth/face, which also means beak, and in chile it means dick.

But the words that make us very recognizable is pija/verga, which means dick, but depending of the context and if we are using it as a verb or adjective, it can mean, to be the worst, to be the best, to get hit, to get mauled, to be drunk, that something is cool, that something is trash etc, etc.

It has so many meanings that when people outside the country come here get very confused, even if they come from a spanish speaking country.

Edited by Hecatom

Lol weird starbucks moment. 

I did a mobile order to pick up my drink, i come in and some dudes holding it... I think he was reading the name and realized it wasnt his drink so he puts it down. I pick it up and he apologizes, im tellin him its nothing. Its not loke he drank it, he was just reading the label. He also had glasses on so maybe his eye sight is shit. 

But then he offers to pay for it. Im just nahhhh its no big deal. He tells me to have a good day and i say ths same

Why did he offer to buy me a drink 😂 that was so random. Maybe im reading too much into it but i hope that wasnt a white guilt shooting thing. I dunno just super weird to offer to buy me a drink just cause you were reading it. 

It's interesting how female-to-male trans people are almost always much more convincing as opposed to the other way around.  This dude on the deposition right now was born a woman, and I doubt anyone would be able to notice that he wasn't always a "dude".

Wild update on Days of Our Lives today--- so they finally took care of the "Devil"... they cornered him while he was performing some demonic ritual with a baby...started trying an exorcism, but Devil threatened to just kill Allie's body on his way out.  Tripp offered himself as a new vessel....and Devil jumped right on in there....but then tried to kill Allie anyway!  Tripp managed to regain control of his body at the last second of course, then ran for the window and jumped out... he was badly injured and later presumed dead at the hospital, but the ghost of Bo Brady intervened (earlier he said he had one last thing to do in another scene) and magically brought him back from the near-death experience.  it appears that now the "Devil" storyline has finally concluded here.

Unfortunately, "Gabby" (Camila Banus; THE absolute finest woman currently on tv) was nowhere to be seen today 😞 

5 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Convenient how you talk about comprehension and then make it seem that my post was about me, when I was simply using my case as an example to discuss that this idea of men’s mental health being ignored isn’t as bad as it used to be. Do better.

LOL. You opened your post with "find a better partner" and then made a whole paragraph about how your fat girlfriend treats you well. That has no connection what my post was directed towards  which is the unfair social treatment and view men get when they are the ones being treated like shit by a woman, nor does it even connect to this new explanation of yours about men's mental health being ignored. Do better. 

5 hours ago, Dayaan said:

This last paragraph confuses the hell out of me because you make great and objectively true statements followed by a totally skewed perception of reality. We do get justice as men for domestic violence cases. And yet it is also true to your point that we do not have the same number of resources as women do for these things and it’s because they are affected more than we are (not to discount the intensity or effects of the abuse we receive. It’s more of a demand thing - especially in light of how so much of our demand for support is quashed by the societal pressure to be tough). Very often, women get away with abuse because men don’t have an avenue to speak up, and it’s not because she’s attractive or a woman, and for what it’s worth, outside of the US, the situation is completely inverted. That 9/10 statistic that you just threw out there came from the validation-seeking excuse of a used orifice you call your own ass. Why am I not arguing by saying that it’s not true and that 99% of social media is against Amber Heard? Because my entire social media is filled with art and niche engineering projects, and these small creators are often the same people who stand with Johnny Depp because the evidence is there and they gain nothing from their small audience by counter-culturing their way into clout. Why do I even mention them if I’m not trying to make a point with them? Because that’s my whole feed. That’s my algorithm. That’s my bubble and perception of the world. Everyone in my sight is on my side of the case that Amber Heard is to blame and to be prosecuted for all this. That echo chamber is exactly why we can’t pull a single statistic to make an argument as to whether she’s actually getting away with this. We have to look at what’s going on in the justice system, and after yesterday she got absolutely smashed. That’s what she deserves for her actions.

It’s true. Men don’t have the same support. Depp is lucky to get his. Most men are not. But it has very little to do with the attractiveness of a woman or whether they’re above us. It’s more an issue of how we’re made to keep that abuse a secret because abuse is an indication of vulnerability which we all recognise can range from making a man undesirable to ending his career. It’s up to us to take that risk and speak out against it, because that built-in suppressive attribute of male domestic abuse is only one of the effects of being a victim of it. It is and should always be us against abuse.

With that being said, I love you because you are human. I love you all. Most of you won’t care and for those that do, it’s not your fault either, but I’ll leave the forums. I’ll be on Discord, but I don’t think I want to be in a place where my partner can get insulted for the sake of proving a point, especially when we’re on the same side.

Bye bye, and good luck with your Transformers collections!

Most of what you said here is what I am saying.  Its not just resources but actual support from society because we will always be in "the wrong", and if this girl is attractive she will win the opinions and the narrative of the situation. This Amber/Johnny thing is probably the first of its kind but the way society has functioned and played for years is that it is never fair for the man. 

When we get treated like shit and get dumped, we have to gtfo. For example, lets say you are having issues with your girl and its affecting you emotionally, you go to her to try to make things right and she insults you to turn you down, maybe even slaps you or gets her guy friends to shew you away. As a man can you react? If you put on a sad face, cry to her, yell at her or curse her back you are going to be negatively judged. You are going to be the bad guy, regardless of you being the one getting disrespected. However, a girl can do all these things and it would be understandable, it will be sympathized.

Any attempt a man does to help the situation, fix the relationship, or just to be able to sleep in peace will likely be held against him. He will be judged and chastised as needy, clingy, forceful, a stalker, weak, etc. The only safest card is to walk away with your tail behind your legs, with your entire manhood shitted on for free and that is why men lead in terms of mental health issues. It's not a skewed perception of reality, this is actual reality.

Edited by zatalcon3

We broke The Creator's rules and this shit show world is the result of that. Good job everyone. Giving too much power to women is one of the biggest reasons why the world is garbage. It was not always like this compared to the previous ages of man. Even since the Golden Age, things just kept on getting worse and worse until we got to our current age called the Iron Age.

Edited by Seth Vega
27 minutes ago, Seth Vega said:

We broke The Creator's rules and this shit show world is the result of that. Good job everyone. Giving too much power to women is one of the biggest reasons why the world is garbage. It was not always like this compared to the previous ages of man. Even since the Golden Age, things just kept on getting worse and worse until we got to our current age called the Iron Age.

Our ancestors were much wiser than we are which is why they didn't give women any rights.  The majority of the problems we have a society could be easily fixed if we repealed the 19th.  If you really want to have fun go back and read some of the arguments about why women shouldn't have the right to vote from the early 1900s.  Those men were fucking prophets.  GK Chesteron had huge diatribes about why women shouldn't have a political voice in "What is wrong with the world," and everything he warned about became true.

1 hour ago, Seth Vega said:

Ok... well.... I am cautiously optimistic for this one:

Quite a shame that Disney has all the Marvel stuff, imo.  I'm sure it will be mostly comedy though, like the rest of the Marvel movies and shows at this point... that's been a gripe I've had for quite a while now.  I'm already curious about what kind of clown show they will turn Blade into whenever that comes out.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Quite a shame that Disney has all the Marvel stuff, imo.  I'm sure it will be mostly comedy though, like the rest of the Marvel movies and shows at this point... that's been a gripe I've had for quite a while now.  I'm already curious about what kind of clown show they will turn Blade into whenever that comes out.

The feel of the show I’m getting from the trailer is pretty on-brand for She-Hulk actually. She was never meant to be a sex icon type character. Her sex appeal came organically and not from people being shown (“told”) she was going to be a sex symbol. Just compare her to characters like Rogue, Madalyn Pryor, Emma Frost or Carol Danvers when they first debuted.

They’re not for the same demographic by a long shot. 

People just naturally found She-Hulk funny, charming, down to earth and attractive because that’s how she was written. so she naturally became a sex symbol and a positive role model for women readers to get into. 

She’s always been a very laid back, jokey, sassy everyday girl attractive type character. She was also kinda Deadpool before they made Deadpool, Deadpool. 

(I know that’s a confusing sentence but it makes sense lol)

Edited by iStu X
36 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

My main issue with  a potential Blade movie I have is not being R-rated.

I don't see Marvel doing a R-rated movie and vampires in a PG-13 movie is pushing it.

The blade movies being as ultra violent and heavy on the profanity as they were was very much a thing of the times and we both know it. 😂.

The books are NO WHERE near that violent and the violence they got away with were because it wasn’t being done to humans.

The books are almost entirely talking about occult lore, vampire lore, lycanthrope lore, etc while talking about the politics within them/trying to stop all them from going to civil war or war with each other. Aka a shit ton of exposition and very little action.

MCU Blade movie will be fine. People need to take off the rose tinted glasses every now and again. It’s like all the people expecting the Netflix Punisher to be like Punisher MAX. No way that shit was ever happening. 

Edited by iStu X

Blade has an uphill battle because yea as awesome as the first two Blade movies are they aren't very much like the books at all, but that's a lot of people's perception of Blade. Kina like how the majority of people knowledge on Batman comes from movies. Those movies are aaaaalmost Blade in name only. 

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Blade has an uphill battle because yeas as awesome as the first two Blade movies are they aren't very much like the books at all. Like those movies are aaaaalmost Blade in name only. 

Marvel pulled a Capcom with Blade. They saw how popular the movie version was and turned their characterization of it to match. From my recollection, in his original incarnation, Blade wasn't even a Dhampir, he was just a human immune to vampirism. He wasn't  some kick ass, sword toting martial arts master, with a katana and a sweet ass motor cycle. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Marvel pulled a Capcom with Blade. They saw how popular the movie version was and turned their characterization of it to match. From my recollection, in his original incarnation, Blade wasn't even a Dhampir, he was just a human immune to vampirism. He wasn't  some kick ass, sword toting martial arts master, with a katana and a sweet ass motor cycle. 

This I’m not sure on. I haven’t read any blade books in a while. This wouldn’t surprise me though. 

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Edit: Actually it has been some years since I read Blade so he could be more action these days. I always remember him being more Constantine then 2000s Hollywood bloodbath but that may have been in that transition phase. 

Upon reading the Wiki for Blade they retconned him to be half-vampire in 1998 after the success of the first film. 

He was originally a Belmont type character that was immune to vampirism  but without the Belmont type lineage 

Edited by iStu X

ohhhhhh yeah looks like AM has another good topic to ROAST on tonight:

and yeah, the movie-version of Blade we got was wayyy more appealing to me, of course.  I was a fan primarily because of the movie version.  The new Disney version is practically guaranteed to be quite weaksauce in comparison, imo....and cracking jokes every other line since that's "the way" with anything Marvel these days.  I'm also wondering if he will take a backseat while his female associate(s) take over and become the real stars of the show that save the day since that's another way they like to do things lately in movies and shows. (*they would be written to be drastically more capable as well, of course.  That's how ya do it.)

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Edit: Actually it has been some years since I read Blade so he could be more action these days. I always remember him being more Constantine then 2000s Hollywood bloodbath but that may have been in that transition phase. 

I have quite a few comics with Blade in them.  He mostly was a guest star in comics.  He had a few limited runs here and there.  I think comic Blade was actually pretty boring IIRC but I mostly saw him when he guest starred in a Ghost Rider or Punisher comic.  I also had quite a few of the Nighstalker comics from way back when. 

Also IIRC in the 80s/90s parent groups were rabid about using martial arts style weapons as actual weapons which is why you rarely saw any real use of them at that time.  That's why He-man and the Ninja Turtles never hit anyone with their weapons.  Blade in the comics I have is always posturing with a sword but it never shows him doing any real damage.

Edited by J-ride

ha, that's part of why I've been hesitant about getting the TMNT Complete Series dvd I keep seeing at Walmart...  as strong as the nostalgia factor is for it, I realize that it was yet another show that was severely handicapped by the "standards and practices" at the time.  It's the same deal with others too; the original He-man and GI Joe, X-men, etc.  It's more likely I'll buy the GI Joe dvd though. (it's $40; the whole original series)

On another note---it's kinda fun trying to predict future disappointments in entertainment... I wonder what will happen with Spawn in the future?  I'd bet it won't be a pretty picture whenever Todd finally passes away and is thus no longer in control of things.  I wouldn't be surprised if Disney would jump on that IP as well, and then "UPDATE" that character and his story for "modern sensibilities":

1. Spawn the character will become a pansexual. (played by an actor who is a gay male, since straight black male actors are not allowed to be commonplace in a lead role.  Modern Hollywood doesn't seem to like too many of them heteros being famous at any one time.  Straight women they're ok but men... especially black men?  No.)
  2. If they don't change him in that way, then expect him to get sidelined in the first 10 minutes so his young female or lgbtq associate(s) take over and become the real hero that saves both Spawn and the world.  This female (or lgbtq) character of course will be shown to be drastically more powerful and a better hero than Spawn ever was.
  3. Various of the usual youtube channels have fun getting easy views laughing/ranting about how Spawn is now predictably made into a background character in his own movie/series in order to advance certain hilariously obvious agendas.

Other minor things possible--- Sam and/or Twitch get either gender or race-swapped, of course.  I'd bet it would be 1 half of the duo so she can showcase how dumb the guy is. 

Edited by MillionX

Based off what the PG-13 rating let Marvel get away with in Multiverse of Madness, the Blade reboot will be just fine. Need I remind everyone of the numerous swears and Wanda did to certain ppl in that movie lol

The Blade movies issues will probably come from ppl constantly comparing Ali to Snipes and possibly not accepting him in the role. Might also be an issue of Ali not being a martial artist in real life, so his physical scenes may not be as intense

We'll see tho 

18 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Do you guys like go -kart racing?

It's cool, kinda restrictive though (tracks are small and you are kinda limited to going in "your lane"). Track officials get kinda bitchy if you even go past that lane LOL

But then again maybe there are different types of tracks and I just went to a smaller one (it was indoors too)

Oh yeah the casting is another possible issue.  Ali has great general "presence" on screen; good actor, imo...BUT he's a bit older than what I would've gone with for that role, since y'know... the smart play would be someone they can possibly use as this character in multiple films for the next several years.  Mahershala Ali is currently 48... I don't think that's a good pick for the longterm, no matter how much we want to believe the old saying "black don't crack, baby!"  There's a few people I know that would still have put Snipes in the role...and c'mon, folks... the guy is 59 now.  They should've just gone with some fresh actor who's still in his early to mid 20s.

On another note with the Depp/Heard saga... Amber's old friend Ms. Pennington looks pretty damn cute, imo... a video deposition of her is on now... and yeah I'd absolutely hit that:

It's tough to find her online though since I just get results for a UFC fighter who happens to have the same exact name 😞   I even saw a result that specifically says 'no she isn't the same person as the UFC fighter."

Edited by MillionX
22 minutes ago, Lantis said:

It's cool, kinda restrictive though (tracks are small and you are kinda limited to going in "your lane"). Track officials get kinda bitchy if you even go past that lane LOL

But then again maybe there are different types of tracks and I just went to a smaller one (it was indoors too)

There is an outdoor one at this amusement park thats very old.

I never rode one as a kid.

My cousins when they visit from Orlando always want to do it and I just do it to be polite.

For me , it feels so small and its hard not to push the brakes and accelerator. 

I guess its cool to drive something so low to the ground since thats different from most cars.

Im always the last person to finish because Im overly cautious about getting hit.

I dont know if there is only standard size or are there multiple sizes of karts? 

Its difficult for me to get out of them once I  finish too.

Edited by DangerousJ

Man.

Nothing irks me more than to enter on a project that is a mess, and then the client passing the blame of why the project is not going as planned unto the devs.

Our Scrum Master was moved out of the project today.

And I am 1000000000% sure I am next because we are the team leaders, and while we have been working nonstop since march, we were set to fail.

They wanted us to take governance of the project like if we were working on it since day 1, but without the support of Sr staff that worked on it from the beginning

Oh well.

At least we will be moved into other projects from other clients, but it sucks.