Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

43 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Well, I've been summoned for jury duty. Someone tell me how do I get out of it.

Could be different where you live, but around here they have you call in or check a website the morning of, and odds are they'll tell you then that they don't need you.

Police are either beyond reproach or chronic liars--either position will get someone to want you off the jury.  Otherwise, remember that you hate everyone, but be subtle enough about it that they don't think you're trying to get out of jury duty.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Doesn't say, so I think district. I already registered and apparently will receive an email the Friday before the week I'm supposed to show up.

If it's District then you're dealing with felonies, which might be harder to get out of. Magistrate deals with misdemeanors, which usually resolve in a plea deal before it goes to trial. I was on the list for Magistrate and I had to call in each week for three months to see if I needed to report. When I did, I would show up at the last minute and get put in the overflow room for three hours while the suckers who got there early would go through the selection process.

For District, there's more likely a chance it'll go to trial and when they call you in you'll be in a huge room and go through the interview process. If I were you, I'd put on all the satanic shit you can to scare them off 😈🤘

7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

She's an old fuck boomer style loser, it's amazing she can even access her Email. Can probably only do it from her phone. 

Lol its just amazing how bad some criminals are. Like some have email evidence and some have literal physical printed out shit. Trump is surprisingly the whole smart one who did shit on phone and in person

16 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Crypto is more like stocks, they have a value if someone values it.

Stocks at least grant you fractional ownership of a company's assets, even if the price per share wholly divorced from objective reality.

Bitcoin ownership entitles you to literally nothing at all.  It's like investing in a bunch of unused scratch-off lottery tickets where it's an open secret that they're all losers if you do scratch them.

Edited by Reticently
29 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Stocks at least grant you fractional ownership of a company's assets, even if the price per share wholly divorced from objective reality.

Bitcoin ownership entitles you to literally nothing at all.  It's like investing in a bunch of unused scratch-off lottery tickets where it's an open secret that they're all losers if you do scratch them.

your thoughts on this? If you got time to check it out. TLDW: He believes we will experience another market crash soon. Followed by a massive rally due to inflation. Then the govt is faced with two choices. Allow the market to completely collapse. Wiping out retirement accounts and killing some businesses. Or hyper inflation

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

your thoughts on this?

He starts the video off with a total non-sequitur, claiming that the Fed can't take money out of the system to slow inflation without causing deflation.  That's the equivalent of saying you can't quench your thirst without drowning yourself.    The guy then goes into a spiel about gov't debt that makes me think he doesn't understand how fiat currency works.  Omg, then he says the gov't would RECEIVE LESS TAX MONEY by removing money from the system.  You know how the Federal gov't removes money from the system?  Taxes.

The guy seems to be looking at the obvious contraction phase of our normal market boom-and-bust cycle, and making some hyperbolic leaps on stuff he's not really thinking through.  Yeah, the system could go to shit, because the system can always go to shit- but if it does, this guy's only going to be "right" by accident and not because he was able to follow what happened.

Edited by Reticently
4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

No, but it looks pretty cool. I am going to check it out. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Damn theze db nerds do not give a fuck. I guess the movie got released in japan and these dudes are spoiling all over the place. 

Oh they spoiled the whole movie early Friday morning. It was no way to avoid spoilers. Japan gives zeros F's and spoils major plot twist in trailers and the movie wasn't releasing simultaneously worldwide. IIRC the entire plot was out Wednesday or Thursday.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh they spoiled the whole movie early Friday morning. It was no way to avoid spoilers. Japan gives zeros F's and spoils major plot twist in trailers and the movie wasn't releasing simultaneously worldwide. IIRC the entire plot was out Wednesday or Thursday.

It's worse because I'm in a few black nerd groups and they went insane 

If I ever get summoned for jury duty, I will say that I use logic, creativity, intuition, and gut instinct to make my decisions to get out of jury duty. It's true and it's an out of something I don't want to do because they will think I am insane.

I hopped on the barefoot shoes bandwagon. I have a feeling this will fix my foot pain, shin splints, and lower back problems. I've been on a long quest on fixing and improving my body. It's really fun and disturbing.

Edited by Seth Vega
1 hour ago, elliephil said:

Cashing in on dogecoin hype was the easiest 1k I ever made in my life. It wasn't the crypto that was exploitable, but the people backing it up.

Redbox stock is looking to make me a few bands this week or next. So many options expired deep in the money on Friday. Gamma Squeeze is pretty much guaranteed.

How is it legal to short even 100% of a stock. Let alone 200% percent is beyond me. But yeah they got caught by Retail. Now it's looking like 2020 Gamestop run again

Edited by BB_Hoody

I'll have to check that out... funny thing is I bet even this goofy shit has better vamps than that French miniseries "Vampires" on netflix.  Even though the story was ok enough to keep me watching to the end...that show had the most pathetic renditions of "vampires" I've ever seen...it's like whoever wrote it didn't even truly understand the concept of what that supernatural creature should be.

The main girl was super hot though... for those who may be curious: https://netflix.fandom.com/wiki/Vampires 

I should check the user reviews on this... surely I can't be the only one that was disappointed in how incredibly weak and lame those vamps are... I'm guessing it got a low # of views compared to most netflix shows; I remember trying to look up reviews on youtube around the time this show was new, and it was barely anything posted about it at all.

edit--interesting...none of the low-scoring user reviews mention the same gripe I have about it... I'm not sure why people are ok with otherwise awesome supernatural creatures having such a pathetic, weak portrayal.  It's like imagine if there was a show about Superman and Kryptonians here on Earth...but they get sick, aren't super strong, can't fly, get easily injured just like regular humans,have no heat vision or super speed either, etc. etc.  It's pitiful.

Edited by MillionX

haha reddit's "Unpopular Opinions" forum is always a good ol' time... someone posted yesterday the topic of "I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to imagine a friend while masturbating."  Hell yeah, bruh, that's the kind of gold I'm talking about right there.  That kind of "TMI" discussion helps make the world more of a fun place.

It's also not a surprise to see how the responses in there differ depending on if it's a male or female responding.

...and yeah you're goddamn right... attractive female friends I was interested in... oh yeah they've definitely been used in my imagination that way as "material" for a solo-session or two.  In fact there's 1 in particular from years ago who is still in regular rotation.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Brazil’s Bolsonaro Follows Up Biden Meeting with Feud Against Hulk Actor ‘Mark Ruffles’

This is so hilarious because he has done (almost) everything he has accused Ruffles of doing.

1) Has attempted to cancel an election and intimidate the supreme court. These are unconstitutional. (Title IV, Chapter III, Section II, Article 102, Subsection I-a.)

2) Claimed election fraud during the US Presidential Election and refused to recognize Biden as president for a while. He's being his own Thanos.

3) Believes in use of political violence, including one time he threatened to kill the Brazilian president and start a revolution.

4) Believes that the military dictatorships of Latin America were doing good things, including Chavez (whom he claims Ruffles is a supporter of.)

5) Has attacked the press and launched a lawsuit against a cartoonist for his criticisms of the Bolsonaro Administration.

That Hulk clip is also so ironic because he loves deforestation and displacing indigenous people.

Edited by elliephil

So I am banned from running official side events at EVO.  At first I thought it was over the commentary mishap but then I learn it was over something that was entirely someone else's fault.  

Here's the story as I related it to Dr. B who is also being forbidden from running CVS2 at EVO.

VG hiring people who don't respect other people's time or belongings is nothing new. As a favor to a friend I ran TMNT:TF with AnimEVO in 2018, buying equipment I would need based on the recommendations of the scene leaders. I was told I'd be in and out at a certain time. Instead my event started several hours later and finished even later because not only were the main bracket runners quite late, but they demanded I give them the CRT converter I was using for TF so that they could run HnK on the big stage as I was the only one brought the equipment necessary to stream. This held up my Top 8 several hours. The following day there was a monitor under the table where I was going to run SfxT, and I assumed it belonged to the venue for the general use. As I set it up, one of the other staff demanded I return it. I asked for ID confirming it was his monitor and after he produced it, I began unhooking it. As I finished up he said to me "Didn't your mother tell you stealing is wrong?" I fired back with something like "My mom was a klepto, how dare you?" but I'm sure many of us here would have responded with something way worse. As a result of all of this, I was told that throughout the weekend I made staff extremely uncomfortable like I'm freakin' OMGItzAndre...and I was told this FOUR YEARS LATER. They also added that I don't have what it takes to run EVO because I "don't adapt to change well." Hey, maybe if EVERYONE WAS ON TIME AND PREPARED LIKE I WAS, things would run like clockwork across the board.

Now I had mostly forgotten about this story because it was four years ago and I had long since moved on, as anyone with a sound state of mind would.  When I asked Hagure what the issue was, they became extremely hostile towards me claiming I was threatening them and their staff even though I had not made any sort of infllammatory comments up to that point, merely suggesting that I could run my own stuff on the side like I had with previous EVOs for SFxT, and that I was hoping they could appreciate that before i blab on my socials like Punk or Dr. B had, that I was attempting to resolve this privately.  I had assumed that my overall noisiness over the years had rubbed people the wrong way, which is understandable, but I'm also a competitor and a fierce one and some energy is to be expected as not everyone can approach their game cool as a cucumber like Daigo.

Finally, this is what I was told and I realized what the actual  "issue" was:

I’ve been nothing but “civil”, I do not know why you keep saying that as if there’s some other expectation there. “Let’s” is not the word you’re looking for. Ive taken time outta my day (in the middle of the night mind you) to try and clarify and guide when i had no good reason to. While what you said may not be a threat as you purport, it is threatening language. Finally, judging by the last line, it does not appear you do understand what’s at issue here; tactless & inconsiderate ain’t it. Despite all of that, the underlying issue here is that Evo is a very stressful event. Things blow up, unfortunate things happen. You’ve proven to not be so cool under that pressure, and it has affected other staff in a bad way.

Heaven forbid I hold anyone accountable!  I am a licensed mental health professional by trade and I've been a supervisor for 6 years now.  I have both built ABA departments from scratch as well as taken over said departments to improve their quality.  In a field as important as that, I've learned that punctuality and preparation are the keys to success and I think in THAT situation I had every right to be upset because I had come prepared and others hadn't, yet I'm the bad guy for being misled on the level of professionalism I should have expected?  

Apparently if you levy ANY kind of criticism towards them, no matter how tactful, you're now JK Simmons from Whiplash.

I heard there's gonna be some kind of anti-EVO at the Luxor Esports Arena.  If that goes well this year I'll make plans next year to focus my efforts on that instead.  But man, it's a REAL shame that this is the state of official side tournaments now.  Word is that four year salt is also what yanked me off commentary for TMNTxJL at CB a couple weeks ago, but I haven't confirmed that just yet.  Best I can do for now is continue biding my time.  I don't think anything I'm posting here is really ban-worthy either.  

Edited by Psychoblue