Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Eliza isn't dead. She apparently left and took Mel with her. 

Wouldn't be so sure about that. The "leak" with that Ken info said he was wearing "Mel's dogtogs". Mel isn't old enough to have dogtags and it's Eliza's locket so the leak is BS. So him looking shabby and wearing her locket hints at something worse IMO. Hard for me to take a leak seriously that gets something that basic wrong. Mel is younger than Li-Fen and we've seen her in the trailer. She looks like a teenager and she's got 6 years on Mel.

Spoiler tagged just in case.

Spoiler

9aprb2yseg391.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Leaked Audio from TikTok Meetings Reveal China Freely Grabbing User Data: ‘Everything Is Seen in China’

tiktok.jpg

China repeatedly accessed user data from the social media app TikTok, despite the company previously assuring lawmakers they work diligently to safeguard U.S. user data from China, where the app’s parent company, ByteDance, is located.

“Everything is seen in China,” a member of TikTok’s Trust and Safety Department said in a September meeting, according to Buzzfeed, which found 14 separate statements from nine employees suggesting engineers in China have been accessing user data. Employees were not identified by name in the report in order to protect their privacy.

The outlet also reported that one engineer was referred to as “Master Admin” in a September meeting, with a director at the company saying this engineer “has access to everything.”

An effort to restrict access to U.S. user data is referred to internally at TikTok at Project Texas, according to Buzzfeed, and consultants were brought in to help identify data flow problems. One consultant said in September 2021 that there seemed to be “backdoor” access to user data built into almost every algorithm.

“I feel like with these tools, there’s some backdoor to access user data in almost all of them, which is exhausting,” the consultant said. A spokesperson from the consulting firm, however, called this statement “inaccurate.”

TikTok responded to the report with a Friday statement claiming that all U.S. user data is now being routed to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. This means the private data of users is now stored within the U.S., presumably without the same access for China engineers that Buzzfeed report suggests has been the case for some time now.

The company said:

We’re also making operational changes in line with this work – including the new department we recently established, with U.S.-based leadership, to solely manage US user data for TikTok. Together, these changes will enforce additional employee protections, provide more safeguards, and further minimize data transfer outside of the U.S.

This is completely random, but is Joyner Lucas (rapper) considered corny or something? While Boston was losing the last game of the finals, Twitter lit up with a bunch of responses at halftime like "Boston is getting their ass beat AND they have to hear Joyner Lucas at halftime? May they find peace in the next life."

21 minutes ago, Gimpy said:

It's Juneteenth! ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾All my black people rise up and applaud...

I lol'd but the black dude is in the wrong. The ampute is obviously not mentally stable and it's obvious why, the black guy should have been the bigger man and just walked away. There are certain people you just don't retaliate on because we can obviously see how hard life became for them and all that anger didn't just consume them but they are still suffering inside from it. 

So, I finally watched Morbius since it's out on 4k/blu-ray video now.  Ultimately I must sadly agree it's just forgettable.  There's far worse out there but I kept hoping for more.  It also reminded me once again of my preference for shows over movies....especially with any superhero/comics stuff.  With a series, the writer(s) have so much more time to work with.  Within a typical superhero movie...unless it's a sequel they have to cram in some quick "origin story" scenes, introduce whoever the main villain will be and lead up to a final battle between the superhero and that villain at the end....it just seems like 1 film isn't enough time to properly develop all that in a satisfying way.

Of course, the way Morbius' brand of vampirism works, hell yeah I'd take that deal too... easy.  It's not even close to the variety of powers like you see in the World of Darkness, or even the Vampire Diaries world, but what's presented here is still cool enough for me.... you get that base line, standard stuff like super strength, speed and agility (at least fast enough to easily dodge bullets from close range), advanced healing (it instantly made his life-long crippling disease a non-issue) and the enhanced senses....and I guess he doesn't even have the daylight weakness apparently....and there's the flying and some degree of body-morphing (the "vampiric face" that appears sometimes and sharpened fingers).  Oh yeah I'd take this deal for sure.

TnA Factor-- high marks for that smokin hot female doctor that was working with him....doesn't show any skin (of course since this is a modern movie; the "skin to win" days of cinema ended a long time ago, sadly) but she is gorgeous.

Edited by MillionX

In my usual check-in on Young Turks, I noticed a vid where they were talking about what Bernie Sanders' plans were for 2024.... C'MON now... what is with hyping up these ancient people to run for the presidency again and again?  The current President is living proof that there should be an upper age limit on that shit, imo.  Bernie will be 81 soon this year, so they're seriously talking about a guy that would be 83 in late 2024?! I checked the comments and there was plenty of their fans going along with this nonsense.  

4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

So glad I don't eat mayo...🤣

Edit the tag line to sell it should have been "there's love in each squeeze" 

I like Mayo quite a bit, and i would not buy that. Even if tastes like regular ole mayonnaise i wouldnt buy it. Would make the sammich so visually unappealing.

18 hours ago, HD-Man said:

She's definitely off, but as my cousin said, the crazy bitches usually have the best pussy. I might mask up and risk it all, j/k😂

Bro, she was probably just telling a joke or it's just a kind way for her to say no.

That is all ok, why go on an app? Just go to whole foods and i guarantee you'd be doing this tonight!

Spoiler

Fat Girl Dancing GIF by The Maury Show

Louisville Mayor Viscously Sucker-Punched While Standing on Sidewalk

Fischer, a Democrat elected in 2010, spoke to a reporter Sunday. He said he was determined not to let the incident keep him down.

“You know, we are living in strange times all across America right now, I think,” he told WLKY. “And I have the honor of being right in the middle of all of it.”

Fischer added, “You know, the only thing you can do moving forwards is just keep moving forward in a compassionate and kind way, and things take care of themselves. You know occasionally in life things happen. You know, you get knocked down. You gotta get back up and keep going.”