Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I looked away for ONE day.  ONE DAY!

This is your monthly(?) reminder to keep politics and religion away from here because I don't have time to police this thread full time.

Abortion, despite its importance and whatever your thoughts on it are, is a combination of BOTH.

Please.

Tired Give Up GIF by Boomerang Official

Please also steer clear from quotes/tweets from crazy right-wing politicians.  I really don't need the bickering that inevitably ensues when it's discovered somebody here agrees with them.

If you think something is really important or if you're not sure what's ok to post just ask me or something.

sheeeeittt, but on a much more fun topic (instead of political shit)... today I noticed the complete Transformers series collection at Walmart!  I'll have to get that next, even though I already have a season 1 and 2 set from many years ago....I already spent quite a bit on some groceries and The Matrix 4k collection which was like 80-ish bucks.  The tv/movie section at this one was looking good again for some reason... a lot of stuff got restocked.  They have the Hill Street Blues collection, Vampire Diaries(!!**I already have this though), and so many other shows....including Dukes of Hazzard which is quite a surprise, considering the era we live in where everything is "problematic"....so that will be on my list as well; I need to get that before the super-woke types out there become aware and make sure it's erased from history.  I think One Day at a Time was there too.

Edited by MillionX

FRANCE: Public Must ‘Immediately’ Cut Energy Usage to Curb Threat to ‘Political Cohesion’ – Energy Companies

GettyImages-1240327477-e1656249443432-64

Energy companies in France have told the public that they must “immediately” reduce their energy usage as a result of Europe’s sanction war with Russia.

As a result of a sanctions war between Russia and Europe, the French public must now “immediately” cut back on the amount of energy they use, the heads of three major energy providers in the country have now said.

The demand comes shortly after Moscow dramatically reduced the amount of gas it is supplying to some European countries, while completely cutting off others seemingly in retaliation for sanctions imposed on Russia by Western powers.

According to a joint statement penned by the three energy tsars published by Le Journal De Dimanche, the extremely precarious energy situation now means that the French public must “immediately” cut back on their energy usage, or risk leaving the country in a vulnerable situation.

In particular, Engie Managing Director Catherine MacGregor, EDF Chief Executive Jean-Bernard Lévy and TotalEnergies CEO Patrick Pouyanné outlined rising prices as a result of the crisis as something that threatens the “social and political cohesion” of France.

“Acting this summer will allow us to be better prepared to tackle next winter and in particular to preserve our gas reserves,” the statement penned by the three reads.

“We therefore call for awareness and collective and individual action so that each of us – each consumer, each company – changes their behaviour and immediately limits their consumption of energy, electricity, gas and petroleum products,” they continued.

“The effort must be immediate, collective and massive,” they went on to add. “Every gesture counts.”

The statement from the three French energy company heads comes as neighbouring Germany comes ever closer to economic cataclysm thanks to its overreliance on Russian energy exports that have now almost totally dried up.

Having already appealed to the public to conserve energy, the country’s climate and economic minister, Robert Habeck, is now saying that he may be forced to shut down industry in order to keep the German grid afloat.

“Companies would have to stop production, lay off their workers, supply chains would collapse, people would go into debt to pay their heating bills, that people would become poorer,” the Green party official said regarding the plan.

Meanwhile, Italy has already begun rationing the use of heating and air conditioning within its public sector, mandating the likes of schools and public offices to never set their thermostats under 25 degrees celsius (77°F) in the summer and over 19 degrees (66°F) in the winter.

Edited by AriesWarlock

So... a new Vampire actual play/show thing starts this coming Friday on Twitch... from the same folks that did the "LA by Night" show:

https://www.worldofdarkness.com/news/night-falls-on-new-york-city?fbclid=IwAR0JkMskc7XjmvN1-jMKn0WZORPXJh79QVp3u4AKZgmBmPc_oBQAlQo5sDk

...so I'm looking forward to it, even though of course it probably won't be quite as dark and "R" rated as I would prefer.

edit---on another note---Wimbledon is on now and they're showing this gorgeous new young thing on the scene, Emma Raducanu

https://www.instagram.com/emmaraducanu/

niiiiice.

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Time to bring back other controversial topics. Pineapple on pizza. GO! 🍕🍍

Speaking of, now this is a pizza place!

Free MOD-size pizza at Mod Pizza Today

https://modpizza.com/pineapple-day-2022/ -today only you can get a free MOD-size pizza on 6/27/2022 at select locations when you add pineapple. In-store only, while supplies last, at participating locations only. The locations are listed on that page in NJ, PA, WA, CA, OR, TX, IL, and AZ.

Celebrate National Pineapple Day with us at the following locations:

Well, I was trying to predict how they'll screw up some more upcoming things with the usual agendas... and it hit me that they'll probably just do the easy thing for the Blade movie, and gender-swap that old dude Abraham Whistler....in fact you can probably bet money on this, since this is the older mentor figure that trained Blade.  They are compelled to always write the female character to be naturally superior in a variety of ways so this is most likely the route they will take for Blade.  Maybe they just name the character Abigail Whistler, and have Viola Davis or Angela Bassett play that character. (*I'd prefer Angela; she's still nice on the eyes, imo)

It's either that or Blade will be paired up with a young female partner who will of course be more intelligent, better at strategizing and is also a much better fighter.  If they go this route then she will end up being the real hero that saves the day at the end.  He'll be portrayed as a rookie chump that barely gets anything right and needs to follow her lead, obviously.

35 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

That bitch gonna be stuck with the Cherry Garcia. That's all that's gonna be left 😤

Reporter: "I'm here with Mr. Douken. Could you tell us what happened sir?"

Chad: "I noticed an ice cream sale while in the grocery store. It's summer and it really hot, so I figured I'd stock up. Suddenly I felt the ground rumbling?"

Reporter: "Rumbling sir?"

Chad: "Sounded like a stampede of buffaloes. It was then I saw it."

Reporter: "What did you see sir?"

Chad: "A group of rotund women moving at speeds I didn't think possible."

Reporter: "What did you do?"

Chad: "Grabbed everything but the Cherry Garcia and high tailed it out of there."

Reporter: "Is this when the altercation occurred?"

Chad: "Yeah, the largest of the group had double backed to cut off my escape."

Reporter: "How did you escape?"

Chad: "A grabbed nearby chocolate cake and tossed it over her head. As she jumped up and made a one hand OBJ style grab to save the cake, I darted past her into checkout."

🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
45 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Shit like this make me thankful I got no play in high school lol.

https://youtu.be/NxdbvPgiUnw

Single mom tries to "expose" dude for only feeding his kid. And none of his siblings from different men.

This a shit situation all around with no real win.  He don't bring food then he's a dead beat and his kid not getting fed.  He bring food for his kid she complaining her other kids gotta watch the one kid eat ( not the other kids fault their dads not bringing food for them).  He start bringing food for other kids that aint his thats gonna be expensive and you gonna start feeling some way cause I def side with him that it aint his responsibility to feed those other kids.

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Shit like this make me thankful I got no play in high school lol.

https://youtu.be/NxdbvPgiUnw

Single mom tries to "expose" dude for only feeding his kid. And none of his siblings from different men.

That bitch crazy. She literally took food out of her own child's mouth. Fuck her, she don't need to be raising children. Someone else should have custody of those kids.

She's going about it all wrong, but being the only kid in the house getting a Happy Meal or whatever does create a fucked-up situation for the kid after the fact.  Bunch of hungry kids aren't going to come away from watching someone else eat and keep a healthy attitude about them.

What she should be asking for is dad to take the kid out to lunch.  That kid's siblings should be resenting their own delinquent fathers, not the one of the bunch lucky enough to get fed.

Edited by Reticently
35 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Should be calling out the parents of the other kids and not the one dad who takes care of their own. 
Unless she wanted to feed all the other kids herself. 

I think doing for one kid that way is a bad look, BUUUT the other kids aren't his responsibility.  Probably should have just taken his kid out to lunch and left the other kids at home, BUUUUUT I think shaming him on social media is fucking fowl.  This is a pretty good example of why you should stay the fuck away from single moms.  I'm totally fine letting some other sucker fall on that grenade.