Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

People who insanely "co-dependent" are such an odd thing to me... I always view them like a scientist observing a strange, other-worldly species that has just been discovered.  It's so much the opposite of the way I deal with other people in life..a thing I enjoy most about life is that simple luxury of solitude, and not *needing* others around to enjoy things.  There's an old friend who I'm sure would absolutely stalk his girlfriend if she ever broke up with him... eh, I'm probably repeating myself here... seems I've brought this up before.  Fortunately for her, I kinda doubt that would ever happen.  Anyway emotional "dependency" issues seem like such a pitiful way to go through life, man.  It doesn't seem like you are truly "free" in life if that's your issue. 

haha, it's always amusing to me...how there's a lot of things about certain "characters" I know that most people would not believe.  

*on another note-- it's beyond annoying how Xbox Live has become half-ass on some things lately... like at this point I've given up on the "activity feed" ever working properly again, since that dumbshit-ass company doesn't seem to care about fixing it.... basically, you can save a video clip but you will NOT be able to post it to the feed, most likely.  The system will "pretend" like it uploaded the shit just fine but nope... it didn't.  ha, and it wasn't that long ago that I was thinking to myself that it would be great if Nintendo just followed Microsoft's lead on the whole online service thing.  Man, there's some cool clips I saved recently that would've been fun to share with friends but so much for that plan, I guess. 

8 minutes ago, MillionX said:

People who insanely "co-dependent" are such an odd thing to me... I always view them like a scientist observing a strange, other-worldly species that has just been discovered.  It's so much the opposite of the way I deal with other people in life..a thing I enjoy most about life is that simple luxury of solitude, and not *needing* others around to enjoy things.  There's an old friend who I'm sure would absolutely stalk his girlfriend if she ever broke up with him... eh, I'm probably repeating myself here... seems I've brought this up before.  Fortunately for her, I kinda doubt that would ever happen.  Anyway emotional "dependency" issues seem like such a pitiful way to go through life, man.  It doesn't seem like you are truly "free" in life if that's your issue. 

haha, it's always amusing to me...how there's a lot of things about certain "characters" I know that most people would not believe.  

*on another note-- it's beyond annoying how Xbox Live has become half-ass on some things lately... like at this point I've given up on the "activity feed" ever working properly again, since that dumbshit-ass company doesn't seem to care about fixing it.... basically, you can save a video clip but you will NOT be able to post it to the feed, most likely.  The system will "pretend" like it uploaded the shit just fine but nope... it didn't.  ha, and it wasn't that long ago that I was thinking to myself that it would be great if Nintendo just followed Microsoft's lead on the whole online service thing.  Man, there's some cool clips I saved recently that would've been fun to share with friends but so much for that plan, I guess. 

I was just talking about something similar on FB. A chick dissed me by saying that's why I'm still single. I simply responded that unlike most ppl, especially women, I don't need others to validate my existence. I actually like who I am and can find enjoyment by my lonesome 

Sure, I plan on settling down, but it's not something that will break me if I don't. I realized many ppl don't have a personality of their own and depend on someone else to fill that void for the. It's why so many ppl are losing their shit during the lockdown periods of this pandemic, they hate to be alone with themselves for any length of time

It's a terrible way to live if you ask me, cuz if ppl decide to leave you, you have nothing. You have to love yoself first then spread that with others if you so choose 

Actually, I do love hanging with the boys, ladies and all that, but I'm also perfectly fine being by myself. Can't say I'm a loner per say

I've been single most of my life and as a child used to spend hella time alone gaming. I branched out and became more of a people person into adult hood. 

So either way, I'm fine. It's a nice balance I've acquired 

@MillionX@HD-Man Reminds me of a quote that really changed my view on life. "Happiness is a state of mind. And the feeling you get from accomplishment. Big or small. Puts you in that state of mind"

So yeah no one should based their happiness on the people they have around. They of course can make you happier if those relationships are good. But at the end of the day. You have to be happy with the person you see in the mirror. Because like ya said. If you ever end up alone, and you're not happy with who you are. Your mind can take you to dark places.

4 hours ago, Lord Vega said:

To me order and purpose is the nature of the Universe, therefore there are reasons for everything. If there is no order and purpose, the Universe will fall apart and cease to exist. The Universe has mechanisms that imply there is order and purpose. Just look at the human body. It is obviously designed with functions that imply order and purpose. It has a set pattern of design therefore it makes sense. Reasonable patterns makes sense. It's not just some random blob with no function that has no reason and meaning behind it's design. Reason and meaning is born out of purpose and order. 

There are patterns of Order all over creation; patterns that imply meaning like a word or a sentence. Even random patterns have meaning and they mean Chaos. 

I assume this was directed to my case on nihilism? Someone is strong in their beliefs, but how we can know for certain, of all this? I guess it's up to us to find purpose and meaning, but it always seemed beyond my comprehension of past pursuits. A bit of a foreign subject to engage in for me. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
2 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I bet you guys that got the vaccine for covid are happy...you dont have to wear a mask. 

Even if the vaccine protects you from getting the virus and is found to prevent spread of the disease to others, it is still not going to be 100% effective.  Even the best vaccine available is only something like 95% effective.

I'd much rather keep wearing a mask than risk being unlucky and getting hit with that 5%.  Better safe than sorry!

24 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

But doesn't the vaccine make you immune to it?  You wouldn't be coughing it out anymore would you?  I mean, you only cough it out if you have it...right?

P.S.  I started to read that article but then I got asked to turn off adblock.

No it doesn't. It gives you a level of protection for 3 months. It doesn't guarantee it, nor does it protect from the other stains... Though I've read that it phizer or Moderna one protects from the UK one. But their are like three strands atm. Oddly enough me having just had the virus protects me better for the next three months more than the vaccine. 

Edited by Maxx
7 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So you gotta go get this vaccine every 3 months?

According to cdc, actually getting the covid disease gives you immunity for about 3 months.

Theoretically, getting the vaccine should give lifelong immunity. However, there are multiple strains and the virus will continue to mutate.

It is unsure of what the long term treatment will entail. Some are speculating that a booster shot be needed since some of these vaccines were not "tested" against the new strains. A lot of it is up in the air.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

According to cdc, actually getting the covid disease gives you immunity for about 3 months.

Theoretically, getting the vaccine should give lifelong immunity. However, there are multiple strains and the virus will continue to mutate.

It is unsure of what the long term treatment will entail. Some are speculating that a booster shot be needed since some of these vaccines were not "tested" against the new strains. A lot of it is up in the air.

To add to this. Something that isn't commonly known incase someone gets covid. During that 3 month immunity you will test negative for all the strains. So you have to pay attention to your symptoms incase you get a diff strain. Just felt like that is something important people should know

5 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

I assume this was directed to my case on nihilism? Someone is strong in their beliefs, but how we can know for certain, of all this? I guess it's up to us to find purpose and meaning, but it always seemed beyond my comprehension of past pursuits. A bit of a foreign subject to engage in for me. 

Yes, I was responding to you. To be certain is to have faith in what I have realized as truth. I've done a lot of research on this. I also meditated on this a lot. I see the proof everywhere. 

When I spent a large chunk of last year getting S+ in all 4 playthroughs of Resident Evil 2 Remake, quite a few of the zombies got named after SKRers, too, based on their personalities as often as not; sometimes for just being really, really fucking annoying.

The Black zombie on the stairs right outside the steamroom was definitely The Epidemic. It took him hitting bullets raw over a dozen times to put him down for good. Truly a worthy opponent, actually.

The female zombie cop nearby is inert due to getting hit raw half an hour past by the preceding.

Fat zombie by the Club key door inside the library was definitely Joey Cuellar. I tend to be a firm believer that the Manga books were stored where he died, trolling for young boys.

I like to think of the Librarian as Shoo on a good day.

The one sitting there eating ass and not even playing ball for his own team, is definitely Nando.

Moving on, the Asian zombie jumping through the window right past the first chained door, is a less futile version of daboog.

The fat cop on the wrong side of the table in the office with the fuse is Rock B.

The lickers are all 09ers. Blind, half deaf, and so very, very dumb yet loud.

The bald zombie cop in the sewers st the beginning of Leon B is most definitely Razor.

The big bald fat White fuck who falls from above by the second sewers key door, has the stamina of a wet fart, and can be killed by the player channeling sheer contempt alone, is most definitely Soviet.

The Black zombie lying on the floor as you go up from the sewers to get the rook, looking to wake-up ultra you, is a picture perfect reconstruction of Guru's playstyle.

The last zombie before escaping to whence you fight either G-4 or Super-Tyrant,  is definitively Dev.

If Berkin/G12345 isn't Cisco, well I just don't know what is.

Tyrant is Pertho trying hard.

Super Tyrant is Preppy not even trying.

Marvin is Shatta.

I let him alone.

Edited by JHDK
5 hours ago, JHDK said:

Does anyone else sometimes name their player characters after our former O.G. SRK members?

I have been playing a LOT of Borderlands 1 GotY, of late.

My Soldier is: O.G. Z'ander

My Hunter is M0urnedG00dGuy

My Brick is: Just Rock B.

My Siren is Vulvalaris

I almost always use the same name for characters unless that option isn't available.  Only in the game DCUO have I ended up using more names, but still no SRK names.

2 minutes ago, JHDK said:

When potpourri'in' it real, goes wrong.

Secret Cow Level Edition.

3 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Lame looking fight too. 

It looked like the exact opposite of what you'd expect in Japanese wrestling.

In any flavor of Japanese wrestling.

6 hours ago, JHDK said:

Does anyone else sometimes name their player characters after our former O.G. SRK members?

I have been playing a LOT of Borderlands 1 GotY, of late.

My Soldier is: O.G. Z'ander

My Hunter is M0urnedG00dGuy

My Brick is: Just Rock B.

My Siren is Vulvalaris

yeah, I named one of my "mii" characters "Ganj the Fire Tigah"... one who Beyblades.

I think I named an rpg character "The Determiner" one time for a laugh.

Oh yeah and yep... I still have a Mii character I named "Darksfadil"....ha, there's so many "insider jokes" about Phil it's insane at this point...layers upon layers of inside material about that character.

I just remembered "Golden Nismor" which I thought was an interesting character name.... also, perhaps Shin Chuji

6 minutes ago, MillionX said:

yeah, I named one of my "mii" characters "Ganj the Fire Tigah"... one who Beyblades.

I think I named an rpg character "The Determiner" one time for a laugh.

Oh yeah and yep... I still have a Mii character I named "Darksfadil"....ha, there's so many "insider jokes" about Phil it's insane at this point...layers upon layers of inside material about that character.

I just remembered "Golden Nismor" which I thought was an interesting character name.... also, perhaps Shin Chuji

Daffodil Phil? Is that a DeKappaRio as J. Edgar reference?

Darksydephil--I think it was Call of Duty he was playing at the time, and you could hear what people were saying to him in the game...there was one guy calling him trash and mispronouncing the name, basically:

Guy:"ayyyyeeee, damnnn Darksfadil you TRASH, bro!  You TRASHHHH!" 

Phil: "Darksfadil?!?!  Darksfadil?!?!"

🤣

..like with many things that happen concerning Phil, it kinda stuck around as a little meme for quite a while since that day.

50 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

They're so royally fucked up, the one who dressed as a Nazi is the liberal who married the lovely mixed millionaire lady.

Also: Harry could take William with one hand tied behind his back.

And from what I hear, William is about as insipid as a man can get without a prescription tab running at Pfizer for Fuckitall. He makes dullards look like Ginsu blades.

Edited by JHDK