Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Re diet/weight loss: Outside of some very (very) sporadic cardio I lost 110lbs in a year just by eating right. I’d have a “cheat day” whenever I felt confident enough to have one but not often enough to make it a habit or be something to work for. 

Lotsa fiber, lotsa protein, kept my carb intake low, kept my calories at a deficit at all times. Did the research to find substitutes for things I missed eating, etc

I’ve been floating around 210-225 since February. I’d like to be sub-200 by the end of the year. But given a lot of circumstances that aren’t exactly in my control I’m having a hard time making that happen. 

I feel a lot of people don’t like losing weight because they’re constantly told they need to or they feel it’s too hard/too much work. 

Which it really isn’t. If your weight becomes a serious health risk a dietician is covered by insurance. Also, Not being motivated to do the work doesn’t mean it’s hard work. It just means you’re not willing to “jump the hurdles” for lack of a better term. 

People also have a extremely bad habit of over reaching  when they first start their diet. They want immediate results. And that’s not what it’s about. You have to play the long game while also putting appropriate/realistic milestones in front of you and using the right tools to help you and having a group of people that respect what you’re trying to do. 

do I want a group of people trying to help me in my journey by sending me cool tips, recipes, near by walking trials etc or ones that make me feel bad or make fun of me over ordering a diet soda or not wanting dessert? 

Edited by iStu X

Just had to deal with 3 different black widows. 2 in my backyard and building a web literally in front of my door.

Look I'm cool with insects doing their thing but FFS, right on my front fucking door. Had a wasp try to build a nest in the backyard a month back too. These motherfuckers take me for some type of bug eyed disney princess or some shit.

😠

6 hours ago, J-ride said:

That's ridiculous.  Clinton shooting are always suspicious suicides and not mass shootings.  Cop needs to step up his conspiracy theory game.  🤬 

lol and their droppin news the police had run ins with the dude previously..but ya know...DA CLINTONS

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Just had to deal with 3 different black widows. 2 in my backyard and building a web literally in front of my door.

Look I'm cool with insects doing their thing but FFS, right on my front fucking door. Had a wasp try to build a nest in the backyard a month back too. These motherfuckers take me for some type of bug eyed disney princess or some shit.

😠

Previous house I lived at had a mid size spider make a near human sized web right in the middle of our walkway to get to the house.  If I hadn't of noticed the floating spider sitting in midair at the last second I would have walked right into it.  God forbid if I was walking in or towards the house at night, my wife was lucky that I almost ran into it and not her that day cause I can only imagine the screams I would have heard.

Edited by Sonichuman
12 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Previous house I lived at had a mid size spider make a near human sized web right in the middle of our walkway to get to the house.  If I hadn't of noticed the floating spider sitting in midair at the last second I would have walked right into it.  God forbid if I was walking in or towards the house at night, my wife was lucky that I almost ran into it and not her that day cause I can only imagine the screams I woukd have heard.

What's funny is that the spider in your house was harmless and doing you a massive solid by eating bugs.  In the case of black widows, you can live your normal every day life with them around your house and never have an issue. Their webs are easy as hell to identify (matter of fact I saw all the webs well before I saw the spiders). The issue is that they're picking spots that are kind of high traffic for some weird reason.

Only reason its an issue is due to one of them making a web right next to the potted plant my wife has outside. She went to water it and a rather large one walked out on her like: "Hey man, i dont piss on your front door."  I really don't want to kill them but its not like you can rehome them. 

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

What's funny is that the spider in your house was harmless and doing you a massive solid by eating bugs.  In the case of black widows, you can live your normal every day life with them around your house and never have an issue. Their webs are easy as hell to identify (matter of fact I saw all the webs well before I saw the spiders). The issue is that they're picking spots that are kind of high traffic for some weird reason.

Only reason its an issue is due to one of them making a web right next to the potted plant my wife has outside. She went to water it and a rather large one walked out on her like: "Hey man, i dont piss on your front door."  I really don't want to kill them but its not like you can rehome them. 

Oh yeah you're dealing with Black Widows, if this was a Black Widow making this human sized web that'd be super weird cause they usually don't do that and that'd have been a HUGE problem.  I try not to kill spiders outside of the house if I can help it since like you said they're actually catching bugs but this one for whatever reason put it right in the path way in the span of a few hours.  My wife left earlier that day and it wasn't there and then a few hours later I walk out and bam lol.  I used to see Black Widow's periodically at my parent's house and I was always extra careful putting my uncovered hand in any spaced I couldn't directly see or investigate first cause I definitely don't wanna deal with that shit.  Hell I still don't do that in general even if I haven't seen one in awhile.

The Most Metal Church In The World is the sound of swivel-eyed Christian fundamentalism set to a bunch of killer riffs

"AMERICA I'M GIVING YOU ONE MORE CHANCE TO CHOSE RIGHTEOUSNESS!" shouts the pastor.

Captioning the video, Antunes writes: "Arizona Preacher goes Metal! No pitch-correction/autotune software was used. Video was not sped up or slowed down either."

1 full grown black widow, 5 juvenile ones in different stages. One was chillin' in a pot where my wife sticks her hands in all the time.

IMG_20220706_124720.jpg

Had to legit swat the glue at them. Bought a spray but the instructions for how to use it were terriying (as in the secondary effects and all the warning label stuff).  So the whole family went black widow hunting (literally my wife, daughter and I were decluttering stuff, removing webs and then I'd swat them with the  glue trap. 

I'm not saying you should go catcing back widows as a family activity but it was pretty fun.

😂 🤷‍♂️

Ok so i got not one. Not two. But 3 job offers. One is 7 days on 7 days off as a traveling mechanic working out of a truck. Another is working at a MRO on a 3/12 schedule but it's in Macon. And last is contracting for a airliner. Working on Airbus passenger planes.

My main thing is just getting out of this 5 day a week work schedule. After the first time I worked 4/10s and don't get me started on the heaven that is 3/12s. Standard 5/8s is just torture. 

I don't know how people do it for years.

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

But are you LYFT trustworthy? 👀

Lol yes. Im probably the safest person you can have as a driver... Martial arts instructor who isnt a perv lol.

Btw that ride got worse

Kids being annoying in the back

Older brother: no how about you

5 yr old: no how about you! 

Mom: how about you guys be quiet 

5 yr old: how about you suck my dick 

Me: 😳😳😳

51 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So, apparently Jordan Peterson made some video where he looks kinda goofy and Twitter is mocking him, and I really can't give a single shit about that sort of stupid online drama, but this edit was pretty funny:

THAT'S WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT?!   lmao.  Kaiser Neko put up a video shit post using MGR and I didn't fully understand it but now it makes sense lol