Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

y'know...after so many years of the femme empowerment propaganda in nearly all forms of entertainment... how often has it lead women into some dangerous situations?  Think about it----over and over again, multiple generations get to see shows, movies, commercials and games where some frail, average build girl is able to easily beat up the bad guys like it's nothing.  This must've lulled at least some percentage of them gradually into this fantasyland mindset of being physically on par or even superior to the average dude.  Some of them not only have the entitled mindset of "Nothing will happen...he's a guy so he can't hit me back sooo..."... some may actually be thinking along the lines of "well if things pop-off... I could probably take him... women and men are about equal....actually I'm probably stronger...yeah I could kick this dude's ass even if he does fight back...it'll be fine, I got this..."  

A recent example that gets a laugh out of me every time---these commercials I see for the modern Hawaii 5-0.....and they show that girl Grace Park kicking ass on there....and she just looks like an average small frame girl that weighs maybe 125 -130 lbs at the most, with no noticeable muscle definition and twig arms.....we're to believe that she can kick ass to the exact same degree (probably more) as the guys on the show, of course.  You know this must have had a potentially dangerous effect on the recent generations of women in this society at this point....some of them eventually start thinking that shit they see on tv and in the movies is how things actually play out.  This is made worse when you mix it in with the "no one can touch me anyway..." entitled idea they tend to have since that's how much the society coddles them.

The movie COMMANDO....if written and produced in present-day Hollywood:

Arnold's character "John" eventually gets his ass beat and gets captured....so naturally, Rae Dawn Chong's character becomes the real hero...she steps up to save John's pitiful, injured ass...along with his daughter Jenny. 

Rae's character and Jenny team up to easily kill all those guys that John would've killed in the last part of the movie...then they meet Bennet and kick his ass with no problem, of course.  In fact, Jenny does most of the ass-kicking... all those armed dudes are no match for them.

Edited by MillionX

Ok so the Mitsubishi MRO in Macon made me an offer. And one of the overseas jobs I applied for actually got back to me wanting to discuss the position. My dumbass never checked my email until late in the day. So guess we'll talk Monday.

But damn a lot is happening. My lease is up on the 16th. I was gonna take the one bedroom transfer. But since they taking so long with the offer letter. I haven't signed anything. So if I get this overseas job. I'm outta here. Do a few years. And make some life changing moves.

If that falls through though? Then I'll take the job in Macon and move down there.

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Killing a former prime minister and a famous mangaka to cover up legislation?

I know the Japanese get very intense when they want to do something, but I'm sure the old and proved tradition of hiding legislation in bigger bills that have nothing to do with anything else would have worked just as well.

"Today the Japanese parliament passed the bill for the protection and safeguard of cute baby manatees, citing the need to protect and defend these round and wholesome water mammals because of how cute they are. Some members of the opposition however criticized how the bill also included new unrelated legislation on the decriminalization of the horrifying sexual practices the minister of the interior is known to partake into, the legalization of corruption of government officers in plain sight, and the construction of a new private mansion for the Prime Minister in Okinawa paid with taxpayers' money. The government rebuked the criticism of the opposition, implying that it's only moved by their intense hatred of cute baby manatees."

What's this legislation on manga that was passed and was supposedly important enough to kill a former prime minister over anyway?

The actual law that was passed is one that forces artists to basically doxx themselves when doing stuff like commissions.

They can still use a penname/pseudonim, but when doing business like on skeb, the transaction has a tax id that is public.

So you can use it to track the identity of said artist on a public DB online.

The idea behind such dumb law was to protect people from scams, but is completely tone deaf on how the internet operates.

Edited by Hecatom
33 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Ahem birth certificate please 🤓 

Lol he was bigger than most but we had a few angry giants during my tenure there.  It inspired me to keep working with that demographic but in a position where I couldn't be hindered by admins who were ineffective at actually helping these kids.  The real kicker were the gang members who looked grown, sounded grown, but had the coping skills of children (no, they weren't anime players).  The first school riot towards the end of my first year was something, I just remember it being loud as hell.  

Hey those of you raised outside the U.S. If just going by what you see in the media. What would you think of the U.S? Vs what you actually know of the U.S ?

This guy's a pussy. Went from American to "world citizen" real quick

Edited by BB_Hoody
1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Hey those of you raised outside the U.S. If just going by what you see in the media. What would you think of the U.S? Vs what you actually know of the U.S ?

Media: Fat, arrogant, and stupid.

Real life: Eclectic mosaic of talented and thoughtful people from varying backgrounds each with their own story to tell... with an overly vocal amount of fat, arrogant, and stupid people lol

That's fucking horrific. Just chillin in your home. Minding ya business. And all of a sudden. Door is kicked in, and house is suddenly an inferno. All in a matter of minutes if not seconds. 

Jesus man. It makes ya feel lucky as fuck to live to see adulthood. I know law enforcement are flawed people too. But damn how do you fuck up like this???

3 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Impression of America before learning too much about it: They're a people particularly enamored by massive carpet bombing. They seem to dislike communism. They are a democracy. They haven't invented public healthcare yet even as a developed nation, lol.

Impression of America after learning a bunch about it: They're a people particularly enamored by massive carpet bombing and shooting each others. They seem to dislike communism, but their definition of communism includes anything left of social liberalism, and sometimes even that. They are a democracy, in fact they're the first democracy ever, and that's because a lot of their national institutions haven't been updated since the mid 19th century or even the late 18th century, and it really shows. They haven't invented public healthcare yet even as a developed nation, lol.

Some videos from that show I went to on Tuesday

So fucking loud, almost blew out my phone microphone in that second video (subsequently making it almost unlistenable and shitty lol)

This was my first time coming back to live shows since before the pandemic, most people here are still quite weary of spending lots of time in public areas so there was maybe 100 people there. Unique experience.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Nice. I am going to a show on the 17th, my first since the pandemic. Gonna see Death live 🤘

btw did you listen to Terrorizer's first album @elliephil?

The sound of perseverance is one of my most played albums, very jealous you get to see them.

I listened to Terrorizer's first album while I was cleaning the house, recognized Fear of Napalm, and had to stop and have one of those "That's So Raven" moments lol I never realized that was Terrorizer!

ForkedUncomfortableHoneybadger-size_rest

ha, so I was a thread on facebook with people arguing about one of my favorite topics---the race swapping thing... someone posted a pic/info of recent ones and I had to look it up... sure enough, Achilles was "blackened" too! 🤣  This shit is insane, man....

https://greekreporter.com/2018/01/02/controversy-looms-as-mythical-achilles-is-played-by-black-actor-in-new-bbc-epic/

Also---Joan of Arc, Zeus, Julius Caesar and others....

I also wonder how many showrunners and producers don't genuinely care about any progressive agendas and really just do it as an attention-grabbing stunt... because they know that shit will stir controversy, and there's the old adage "no such thing as *bad* publicity..." is their mindset.  Then again, I highly doubt we'd see this the other way around if they started producing shows and movies with African folklore or mythology (there's a lot of good potential story potential there, btw)....like you're probably not going to see a story of an "Ishologu" featuring Zac Effron as that supernatural being...perhaps with Olivia Munn playing his former witch.  It would be funny to see the hypocrisy out on the table though... as the same people that are totally fine with a chocolate-skinned girl playing Anne Boleyn would suddenly be highly offended that you got a white and an asian actor playing main characters on a series like that.  

10 hours ago, Sonichuman said:
Dead.  Also...has this shit been about Elliot Page this entire time?  I haven't  even bothered to look up the original clip and the more I hear of it the more fucking bonkers it is.

Yup. Elliot Page (fka Ellen Page) said he was proud of how they introduced him being trans on Umbrella Academy, and that triggered JP into pure "old man screams at cloud" shit. It's equal parts hilarious and cringe.