Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

11 minutes ago, elliephil said:

1999 Winnebago Rialta showed up on Facebook marketplace for $2000. Gas prices are really doing a number on everyone.

Holy shit that is gold. Buy it and sell it to the UK market for 80k, should cover the transport costs.

ATM there is a crazy demand for camper vans and shit. People are paying like 90k for Transit conversions lol.

1 hour ago, Crucades said:

Holy shit that is gold. Buy it and sell it to the UK market for 80k, should cover the transport costs.

ATM there is a crazy demand for camper vans and shit. People are paying like 90k for Transit conversions lol.

I'm almost tempted to call and see if I can look at it. Seems like most lots are selling them starting at 25k here.

I forgot if I mentioned this here earlier... but I finally found Revenge of the Nerds on blu-ray locally!  Oh yeah, I snatched that up instantly.  This is one of those movies that you should get asap before this modern era "sensibilities" completely erases it from history for being "problematic".  I'm remembering now that I should've looked for Porky's while I was there....it's a place that specializes in old tv shows and movies (+ music, games, action figures, etc.).

It's so annoying that the previous Wonder Woman film has become difficult to find now...at least here... each time, all I see is that horrible sequel that no one likes.  There was a double-pack for a while, but I hate WW84 so much that I don't even want the double-pack.  That movie was frustrating... I expected it to be good... and more Gal Gadot on screen is always a good thing.

Edited by MillionX
32 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't understand how can there still not be some sort vigilance in school bathrooms since fights there are so common.

Eh...There probably should but be something like during class changes have an adult stationed nearby the bathrooms but I'd imagine having constant and consistent surveillance of all the bathrooms at all times is probably not feasible on the sandwich budget that most public schools have.  And you'd have to have to hire at least 2, one male and one female if you wanted to do something like that.  Then I can only imagine some other concerns that may pop up, 2 things I can already think of include some student falsely claiming/accusing the adult monitoring the bathroom of sexual assault (I wouldn't put his past some kids pulling this kind of stunt) and then the other real thing of an actual adult truly doing the act of sexual assault cause...unfortunately that is the world we live in.  Keeping a monitor close dlbut just on the outskirts of the bathroom during class changes would only be a means of minimizing everything and I think it'd be impossible to fully negate but something is better than nothing.

23 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Yup. Elliot Page (fka Ellen Page) said he was proud of how they introduced him being trans on Umbrella Academy, and that triggered JP into pure "old man screams at cloud" shit. It's equal parts hilarious and cringe.

He lost his gawd damn mind. He got bullied off of twitter for a day and came by with the most meme worthy material. 

I swear every fucking time someone starts losing their mind about mahood its always a dude whos about to get blown away by a strong gust of wind. 

14 minutes ago, elliephil said:

You gotta be a real special kind of stupid to hit an adult who is at least 30 years younger than you and think you're getting away with it... like how did you make it through life with those kind of impulses? lol

I'm kind of curious to get more context to see what happened before to get to that point.  It's edited exactly to where he laid hands on her so I do have some questions.  Clearly though he thought slapping her was going to end whatever it was and he turned his back...That's a pretty big fuck up.

8 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Clearly though he thought slapping her was going to end whatever it was and he turned his back...That's a pretty big fuck up.

I remember having to really explain to my girlfriend and my mother that the most disrespectful part of Will Smith slapping Chris Rock was that he immediately turns his back to Chris and walks away. That back turn is serious fighting words. 

1 minute ago, zatalcon3 said:

It's still Ellen Page. Fuck that bullshit leftist identity politics. 

It irritates me how these female celebrities go all pro feminist and then change themselves into a male. It makes no sense. 

Now that she's a man she no longer has the right to speak about women's issues and has to shut the fuck up like all the other white guys.  That's how it works right?

1 minute ago, J-ride said:

Now that she's a man she no longer has the right to speak about women's issues and has to shut the fuck up like all the other white guys.  That's how it works right?

She is a leftist. She only needs to pop a story about her rights being violated and she is being discriminated on because of her transition or whatever, and that religion or white supremacy is being shoved down her throat, and the attention is now diverted. 

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I remember having to really explain to my girlfriend and my mother that the most disrespectful part of Will Smith slapping Chris Rock was that he immediately turns his back to Chris and walks away. That back turn is serious fighting words. 

Pretty much.  Like the slap/hit/punch is bad on its own but the backturn afterwards is extremely loaded.  Pretty much says you don't have the balls to do anything about what I just did and I'm 100% confident that you won't do shit.  I mean if you got balls like that then go ahead especially if you got the read on someone but if you don't know this person at all then you're gambling with no information with odds not in your favor.  Which actually makes this slap far worse than will vs chris cause I'm pretty sure these 2 don't know anything about each other.

Switzerland Moves Ahead With Underground Autonomous Cargo Delivery

After half a decade of study, Cargo Sous Terrain is ready to start on its first tunnel

a-concept-image-showing-cargo-pods-trave

Like so many concepts of this kind, six years ago it seemed like it was highly unlikely to ever happen. However, this past December, the Swiss parliament passed the necessary legal framework to enable underground freight transportation, meaning that the CST project can commence on August 1st.

Cargo sous terrain follows a similar principle to that of an automatic conveyor system. Automated, driverless transport vehicles which are able to pick up and deposit loads automatically from the designated ramps and lifts travel around the clock in the tunnels.

The vehicles, which travel on wheels and have an electric drive with induction rails, operate in three-track tunnels with a constant speed of around 30 kilometers per hour. The goods are transported on pallets or in modified containers. Thanks to refrigeration-compatible transport vehicles, the transport of fresh and chilled goods is also possible. Attached to the roof of the tunnel is a rapid overhead track for smaller goods packages.

It will for the first time be economically viable to transport small volumes on individual pallets or containers on an ongoing basis. The continuous flow of small-component goods obviates the need for waiting times at transfer stations. In addition, the space requirement can be massively reduced because temporary goods storage is no longer necessary.

Ok so update on the job offerings. The overseas job in Kuwait got back to me. Unfortunately it's not an A&P position. So the pay is much lower than expected. 18.50 straight. 23 OT. 5/12 2 days off schedule and a 20% bonus at the end of the contract.

So total compensation is 74k. Now this is 74k. While living rent free, food provided. Fed and state tax exempt. So I look at this as getting my foot in the door. And possibly getting a A&P position in the future.

The living arrangements is nice. We get a 2 bedroom apartment in the city. We each have our own room. And a company car. And after 90 days. We can use our 6 week vacation time.

So now just waiting on an offer letter from them this week. And will begin paper work for security clearance. Looking fwd to this.

293448253_5909702282453180_2696134532411

A Missouri resident has been hospitalized and placed in intensive care after being infected with a rare brain-eating amoeba. The individual was diagnosed with primary amebic meningoencephalitis — a typically fatal infection that comes from the Naegleria fowleri amoeba. It’s believed he was likely infected after swimming in a southeastern Iowa lake, health officials said in a statement on Friday. The Iowa Department of Health and Human Services has now closed the beach at Lake of Three Fires State Park in Taylor County.

‘The closure is a precautionary response to a confirmed infection of Naegleria fowleri in a Missouri resident with recent potential exposure while swimming at the beach,’ said a release from Iowa health officials. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are currently testing the lake for confirmation of the presence of Naegleria fowleri, a process that could take several days.

The amoeba is primarily found in freshwater and infects swimmers when the contaminated water enters through the nose. According to CDC statistics, the fatality rate of the infection is over 97%. From 1962 to 2021, only 4 out of the 154 known-to-be-infected individuals in the U.S. survived.
‘It's the worst parasite in the world that we know of because it causes such devastating pathology,’ said Christopher Rice, a research scientist who works in the Center for Drug Discovery at the University of Georgia. According to the CDC, symptoms include seizures, altered mental states, hallucinations, and coma.
This is believed to be the first case of its kind discovered in Iowa, although neighboring states such as Minnesota, Missouri, and Kansas have all reported infections in the past.

See, that's why I don't understand that "thrillseeker" lifestyle...  I never agreed with that foolish saying "you gotta get out of your comfort zone!"---My Dad would say some shit like that.  Fuck that, I'd rather be comfortable and safe.  

Skydiving, for instance.  I can confidently say there is a zero % chance I will die that way....because I have no intention of ever doing such nonsense in the first place.  I prefer to minimize the chance of horrible situations down to zero....it just seems like common sense to me... like when you see those dummies that play around with large dangerous animals at the zoo, then instantly regret it as they become another clip on one of those "When Animals Attack" specials.