Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

This among many other reasons. Is why my black ass. Don't mess with any body of water bigger than a bath tub. 

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Ok so update on the job offerings. The overseas job in Kuwait got back to me. Unfortunately it's not an A&P position. So the pay is much lower than expected. 18.50 straight. 23 OT. 5/12 2 days off schedule and a 20% bonus at the end of the contract.

So total compensation is 74k. Now this is 74k. While living rent free, food provided. Fed and state tax exempt. So I look at this as getting my foot in the door. And possibly getting a A&P position in the future.

The living arrangements is nice. We get a 2 bedroom apartment in the city. We each have our own room. And a company car. And after 90 days. We can use our 6 week vacation time.

So now just waiting on an offer letter from them this week. And will begin paper work for security clearance. Looking fwd to this.

You're becoming a true Indian homie.

Now grow that cheesy mustache and you'll evolve to a higher plane.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

293448253_5909702282453180_2696134532411

A Missouri resident has been hospitalized and placed in intensive care after being infected with a rare brain-eating amoeba. The individual was diagnosed with primary amebic meningoencephalitis — a typically fatal infection that comes from the Naegleria fowleri amoeba. It’s believed he was likely infected after swimming in a southeastern Iowa lake, health officials said in a statement on Friday. The Iowa Department of Health and Human Services has now closed the beach at Lake of Three Fires State Park in Taylor County.

‘The closure is a precautionary response to a confirmed infection of Naegleria fowleri in a Missouri resident with recent potential exposure while swimming at the beach,’ said a release from Iowa health officials. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are currently testing the lake for confirmation of the presence of Naegleria fowleri, a process that could take several days.

The amoeba is primarily found in freshwater and infects swimmers when the contaminated water enters through the nose. According to CDC statistics, the fatality rate of the infection is over 97%. From 1962 to 2021, only 4 out of the 154 known-to-be-infected individuals in the U.S. survived.
‘It's the worst parasite in the world that we know of because it causes such devastating pathology,’ said Christopher Rice, a research scientist who works in the Center for Drug Discovery at the University of Georgia. According to the CDC, symptoms include seizures, altered mental states, hallucinations, and coma.
This is believed to be the first case of its kind discovered in Iowa, although neighboring states such as Minnesota, Missouri, and Kansas have all reported infections in the past.

And to think I watched a video on this thing just yesterday.

In the new trailer for The Woman King, Davis plays Nanisca, an African commander who led the Agojie, a real-life army of an elite and deadly all-female group of warriors. As shots of intruding white colonizers are seen entering the West African kingdom of Dahomey, a foreboding voiceover warns:

“An evil is coming that threatens our kingdom, our freedom. But we have a weapon they are not prepared for.”

Nanisca tries to convince King Ghezo (John Boyega) that the Europeans will stop at nothing to conquer Africa, but he is reluctant to create a war. A steely-eyed Nanisca warns him, “Some things are worth fighting for.”

In an exclusive interview with Vanity Fair, the 56-year-old shared her thoughts and process of getting physically fit for the role.

“I’ve never had a role like this before. It’s transformative. We started intensely a few months before shooting – four hours a day, five days a week. Weight training, sprinting, martial arts and weaponry training for the machete.”

In the film, Nanisca prepares her fighters for combat, despite the king’s doubts. Her army includes her right-hand woman played by Lashana Lynch and a new recruit named Nawi (Thuso Mbedu) whom Nanisca counsels, “To be a warrior, you must kill your tears.”

Based on the true story of the African Kingdom from the 18th century, the Agojie women were commonly referred to as the Dahomey Amazons, a name given to them by the French while fighting in the kingdom of Dahomey, an empire in West Africa that existed from 1625 to 1894. Its remnants lie in modern-day Benin. Girls as young as 8 years old were also recruited and supplied with weapons. Considered to have been the most feared women to walk the earth, the French army lost several battles to the Dahomey Amazons.

The Woman King will premiere exclusively in theaters on September 16, 2022.

violadavus.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=1500&h

13 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Fed and state tax exempt.

I'd double check with a tax attorney about that.  US citizens are the only ones in the world who don't get off the tax hook just because they live and work outside the country.  My understanding is that you should be able to dodge state tax as long as you don't maintain a residence to go back to, but the Feds will come after you.

https://kw.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/internal-revenue-service-u-s-taxes/

Edited by Reticently
18 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I'd double check with a tax attorney about that.  US citizens are the only ones in the world who don't get off the tax hook just because they live and work outside the country.  My understanding is that you should be able to dodge state tax as long as you don't maintain a residence to go back to, but the Feds will come after you.

https://kw.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/internal-revenue-service-u-s-taxes/

I double checked. I was told up to a certain amount is tax free after 330 days. And this confirms it.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/foreign-earned-income-exclusion

11 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I double checked. I was told up to a certain amount is tax free after 330 days. And this confirms it.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/foreign-earned-income-exclusion

Awesome!  Looks like they're income limits on that exclusion, but you'll come in below them.

I've read a lot of complaining about US taxes for overseas workers, but it looks like that's all high income earners being sour grapes that they're over that cut-off.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Awesome!  Looks like they're income limits on that exclusion, but you'll come in below them.

I've read a lot of complaining about US taxes for overseas workers, but it looks like that's all high income earners being sour grapes that they're over that cut-off.

Thanks for the reminder to make sure everything is what my potential employer says it is. This is a big move. Would suck to go over there and get finesse because I didn't do my due diligence.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

🤣 Holy shit. I know I shouldn't be laughing, but damn. It didn't even exist and she got people buying in that hard? With all these other shit coins, there are at least wallets you can check. Last I heard; I don't really know/care how that stuff works. Point is: 🤣

Yeah I've seen way too many of these dumb coins like Dodge, ape, Luna etc. Sky rocket then completely dump soon after. To ever put money into any crypto. I'd only get DCA into Bitcoin or etherium

9 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

In the new trailer for The Woman King, Davis plays Nanisca, an African commander who led the Agojie, a real-life army of an elite and deadly all-female group of warriors. As shots of intruding white colonizers are seen entering the West African kingdom of Dahomey, a foreboding voiceover warns:

“An evil is coming that threatens our kingdom, our freedom. But we have a weapon they are not prepared for.”

Nanisca tries to convince King Ghezo (John Boyega) that the Europeans will stop at nothing to conquer Africa, but he is reluctant to create a war. A steely-eyed Nanisca warns him, “Some things are worth fighting for.”

In an exclusive interview with Vanity Fair, the 56-year-old shared her thoughts and process of getting physically fit for the role.

“I’ve never had a role like this before. It’s transformative. We started intensely a few months before shooting – four hours a day, five days a week. Weight training, sprinting, martial arts and weaponry training for the machete.”

In the film, Nanisca prepares her fighters for combat, despite the king’s doubts. Her army includes her right-hand woman played by Lashana Lynch and a new recruit named Nawi (Thuso Mbedu) whom Nanisca counsels, “To be a warrior, you must kill your tears.”

Based on the true story of the African Kingdom from the 18th century, the Agojie women were commonly referred to as the Dahomey Amazons, a name given to them by the French while fighting in the kingdom of Dahomey, an empire in West Africa that existed from 1625 to 1894. Its remnants lie in modern-day Benin. Girls as young as 8 years old were also recruited and supplied with weapons. Considered to have been the most feared women to walk the earth, the French army lost several battles to the Dahomey Amazons.

The Woman King will premiere exclusively in theaters on September 16, 2022.

violadavus.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=1500&h

It's nice they're making a movie on the Dahomey Amazons, but looking at the blurb it looks like they'll romanticize it a lot.

So, probably not many references to the slave trade that was dominant across the nation of West Africa (which in turn was only encouraged by the fact that Europeans had participated in that trade was centuries), and also this stuff about defending Africa even though African nationalism was a later development and the people of a traditional kingdom like Dahomey likely never considered Africa as a single political unit at the time.

Also the whole actually winning against the French. The French troops that fought them always complimented them and respected their valour and fighting ability, but as far as I know the French always won decisively against Dahomey, but that was likely inevitable due to the huge disparity in technology and the fact that Dahomey wasn't even a particularly large or wealthy kingdom. One side was able to field gatling guns, the other had flintlock rifles. The Ethiopians managed to defeat the Italians at Adwa in the same time period, but Ethiopia was a much larger nation that could field tens of thousands of troops (unlike Dahomey, that was pretty tiny), they managed to buy modern artillery in time for the battle, and they also picked a much better spot to fight the Italians.

It's an interesting topic I guess: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahomey_Amazons

Gummi bears go metal as they join one of Europe's biggest metal festivals 🤘

Metalheads watch out: HARIBO Deutschland is at the start as a cooperation partner for the first time and will make you happy in Wacken!
Gold Bears and Heavy Metal? Of course ! Gold bears are anywhere that joy is shared. And for the W:O:A they appear in black as a limited edition.
The limited edition Wacken gold bears are only available in HARIBO shops, online shop and locally at our Holy Ground. This hella good limited edition tastes like Fassbrause lemon and elderberry.

292611766_5910388215651391_6799991874873

from one extreme of the world to the other 🤘

Edited by AriesWarlock
4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Gummi bears go metal as they join one of Europe's biggest metal festivals 🤘

Metalheads watch out: HARIBO Deutschland is at the start as a cooperation partner for the first time and will make you happy in Wacken!
Gold Bears and Heavy Metal? Of course ! Gold bears are anywhere that joy is shared. And for the W:O:A they appear in black as a limited edition.
The limited edition Wacken gold bears are only available in HARIBO shops, online shop and locally at our Holy Ground. This hella good limited edition tastes like Fassbrause lemon and elderberry.

292611766_5910388215651391_6799991874873

53 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

and_she_still_cheated.jpg

She cheated because Bruce didn't handle his shit and he acted like a bitch before his surgery.  It is odd how many of the Kardashian exes end up psychologically broken from the experience.  Homies out there getting PTSD from the Kardashian box.

Though if she cheated after his surgery I'm not sure I'd blane her...

Edited by J-ride

Well as it turns out the Conservatives are the biggest snowflakes of them all and their feelings get big hurt by facts. If you listen to Rage and dont realize they are political, then you are exact the kind of person Rage fucking hates. 

And Morello praising Castro is of 0 surprise, the band is basically communist. He would praise a communist leader. 

Edited by RSG3
18 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

It came up as a pop up within the YouTube mobile app. I was skeptical,but after clicking it I got an email and it worked on my desktop, Roku smart tv and mobile phone.  

I like YouTube premium on mobile but it's practically pointless for me on desktop. $12 a month for a picture-in-picture player and no ads isn't worth it to me. Hoping I get the free 3 months soon tho still lol

51 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I love when shit like this happens. Not just with RATM. Just anytime conservatives find out about any band not aligning with their beliefs. It’s the gift that keeps giving. 😂

Anything period. I still check out Conservative Star Trek reactions for the lulz. 

Ooh ooooh or when they finally realize Homelanders the badguy. Some legit "Are we the baddies?" levels of cognitive dissonance. It's hilarious 

Edited by RSG3
17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Anything period. I still check out Conservative Star Trek reactions for the lulz. 

Ooh ooooh or when they finally realize Homelanders the badguy. Some legit "Are we the baddies?" levels of cognitive dissonance. It's hilarious 

Oh man I've only heard about people realizing that Homelander is not a good guy, I haven't seen any tweets about that run into my timeline yet so if you see anything about that please share.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Oh man I've only heard about people realizing that Homelander is not a good guy, I haven't seen any tweets about that run into my timeline yet so if you see anything about that please share.

Lmfao how did anyone think he was a good guy? He fucking jerked off the side of a building 🤣

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I love when shit like this happens. Not just with RATM. Just anytime conservatives find out about any band not aligning with their beliefs. It’s the gift that keeps giving. 😂

I always thought this was a strange phenomenon considering what most of their lyrics are about.  Though I'm not sure they are all that different from the fat American communists who speak of the proletariat and are 75lbs overweight.  I'm sure the only thing you have ever worked on is a pan of brownies STFU.

Edited by J-ride

I haven't read up on that whole controversy, but are you guys sure conservatives thought Homelander was the good guy, or did they just not pick up what the show was putting down overall until now?

It should be pretty obvious to everyone he's terrible. But conservative brains are so egg-smooth I can buy them being stupid on that.

23 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

He is talking about the dissonance about some subset of lefties, to draw parallels of the dissonance of some conservatives.
Not talking about RATM in particular.

I know what he's talking about, it's a stupid comparison because Rage hates those people to. The only dissonance here is thinking Rage is anything like those people, on either side. It's a bad comparison. Rage actually goes out and does shit. They are more then just a band that makes political music, they are a political entity that actually engages in politics and world building. 

Edited by RSG3