Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I bet half you mofos have your fuckin' pronouns in your profile somewheres...

These people are fuckin' nuts.  I'm a fuckin' lunatic, diagnosed and everything but these fuckin' people go way beyond my mental fuckery.  Its real sad that this kind of behavior is encouraged, if you dont encourage it or embrace it then you just have to keep your mouth shut.  nah... spacer.png

2 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

These people are fuckin' nuts.  I'm a fuckin' lunatic, diagnosed and everything but these fuckin' people go way beyond my mental fuckery.  Its real sad that this kind of behavior is encouraged, if you dont encourage it or embrace it then you just have to keep your mouth shut.  nah... spacer.png

I actually told my wife about this. I have zero intention on ever putting pronouns in my profile. I am more than happy for someone to make that assumption. It's not like like inference is a bad thing. 

I never really understood why people really give a shit. If it's impacting your mental faculties because someone wants to be called something else, maybe get yourself checked out. Personally, I just give the Kanye shrung and honor the request. 

My issue is when you get pissed because a person infers improperly based on the textbook definition. Give people the chance to be informed. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
2 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

How much you wanna bet fam? You need to get a high level job in Hollywood. They seem to love to pay people a shit ton of money that don't know their audience. Could be worse, you could be @Zatalconasking people to explain YouTube videos they don't agree with. Oh course he's probably posting flat earther BS in scientific forums and asking steak lovers to explain vegan videos too.

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Sigh, look, the situation is kind of simple:

When you have people, you always create color. They go hand in hand. Because people's brain categorize things and assign things to people, it eventually assigns roles. A chunk of these are gendered. 

Brains are funky as all hell. Because brains are funky as all hell, you're gonna have a small % of people that feel more comfortable doing the gendered things for the opposite of w/e sexual organ they were born with. We got multiple biological definitions for what women are. That part has been pretty easy to sort out.

The whole of random things that women are culturally are a different bag of bricks. Some cultures handle people of one sex more or less aculturating themselves into the opposite gender sort of well. Other cultures don't handled it well or at all. This is all based on the hodge podge of geographically limited culture that was created in one space.

Now...I'm not really sure how I can make this clear in a way that doesn't offend people or gets me labeled as a bigot because well somebody is going to twist my words anyway. Neither Anthropology nor Sociology can diagnose any type of medical conditions going on with your brain functions. They are limited in scope (like all sciences). Their scope is literally how groups of humans behave in any one situation. That's it, that's they best they've got. If you talk to an archeologist about it, the best he can tell you is what he concluded happened some thousands of years ago based on the trash people left in any one spot.

So lets say there's some research about any one culture and I gotta tell you about it. I can tell you how that culture treats transgender people and how transgender people behave based on what man or woman is supposed to be in that culture. They can probably tell you what life is like for them etc. They can't tell you why is why things worked out that way in that person's brain. In this one place, these series of behaviors, this style of dress, and all these other things are usually marked as female/woman.

What can we tell you about this "gender war"? If you choose not terrorize trans people and sort of let them live, there are cultures that are just fine with it and it isn't that big of a deal. Small amount of the population even in those places. W/e cultural fist fight these people are having on a multitude of levels is some other shit.

did you watch the videos i posted?

1 minute ago, zatalcon3 said:

did you watch the videos i posted?

Yeah, I'm not big on anything Matt Walsh does but the turbo goofy trans people are sort of easy pickings. What these guys never do is look at how the decades of exclusionary/conversion therapy nonsense made things worse for people for centuries.

When you see this fist fighting, you're looking at the end result of decades of historical issues on top of underlying psychological conditions from both sides. Its easy to pick a weird furry and say they have issues because they play pretend and all that. But what these guys never do is address the amount of equally dubious claims of piety and moral righteousness that have been abused by religious/political leaders in those circles.

On the trans side, there's stuff that they argue in ways that are terrible and unproductive. As a matter of fact, it is actively unhelpful. For example, Matt Walsh walks up, asks "What is a woman?" and then they give him a goofy answer. Now some of these people are legitimately goofed up.  They should've answered as best they could rather than play a weird, awkward cat and mouse game. But the argumentation is going to go this way:

WHAT IS A WOMAN?

a woman is this.

HURR DURR VAGINA.

hurr durr society.

HURR DURR MENTAL HEALTH

hurr durr its normal.

The flip side of that is that if they had an honest conversation, they're still talking to somebody who came to the conversation in bad faith. So even if you spoke to Matt Walsh and explained to him everything I told you, what exactly is the end result of it? Do you think he'll take a step back and change his world view? Probably not. After reading all I typed up, did you take a moment to reflect on what it means in the grand scheme of things? Probably not either.

We have biological definitions, then we also have an idea of what female signified things are (if we didn't we wouldn't have tomboys), we can also observe that a small amount of people are going to be compelled to gender identified stuff opposite of their born sex. Obviously it has some mental health implications, doesn't mean they still can't live a long happy life dressing up some type of way to feel more comfortable. What degree of things would a trans person need to live a happy productive life is where the argument is.

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

We have biological definitions, then we also have an idea of what female signified things are (if we didn't we wouldn't have tomboys), we can also observe that a small amount of people are going to be compelled to gender identified stuff opposite of their born sex. Obviously it has some mental health implications, doesn't mean they still can't live a long happy life dressing up some type of way to feel more comfortable. What degree of things would a trans person need to live a happy productive life is where the argument is.

But the school stuff, teaching kids this bullshit. 

I don't disagree about letting an adult person live the way they want, if a grown adult wants to become the opposite gender then fine its a free country. But fuck the politics and battering of science about this.  it is creating an insanity and it's almost disturbing how this is being indoctrinated. You should watch the Dr phil episode, one of the trans people said that sex is between the legs and gender is between the ears.. which is exactly right, the gender thing is a delusion. 

Its very sad that the main response to any negative comments about trannies/fags/lgbtr/whatevefuckedupshit is always "why should you care its not hurting you?"  It is hurting me.  Its hurting all of you.  You're all just so self absorbed that you cant even see it.

Edit - I read here enough and see the vanity on a daily basis...

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 minute ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Its very sad that the main response to any negative comments about trannies/fags/lgbtr/whatevefuckedupshit is always "why should you care its not hurting you?"  It is hurting me.  Its hurting all of you.  You're all just so self absorbed that you cant even see it.

So what is it about them living their life that's effecting you or anyone else?  The only time I see this as an issue is when it comes to trans people going into female sports.

Just now, axeman61 said:

Honestly, why are ya'll wasting time arguing with either of those people? They rarely say things that even bump into "intelligent" on accident.

I know there's only a few people here, but there can never be too few I'd waste my time with folks allergic to logic. Yet you guys do it every time.

I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious in this instance.  He stated " You're all just so self absorbed that you cant even see it".   So I want to know what it is that they are doing that's effecting me or anyone else personally that I can't see.  I try to be fair and I'd like to think I try to be open minded on stuff so when he says something like this despite me disagreeing heavily with it, I want to hear what it is that I'm missing.  I'm giving him the ball.

All you have to do is walk outside of your safe space and look around.  You will see.  But you cant do that...because why should you care, right?  Nothing I will say matters to you other than you want to argue with me and probably insult me to gain favor with anyone here that thinks like you.  You'll get likes and laughs and such...you'll get what you want.

17 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

It is hurting me.  Its hurting all of you. 

How?

14 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

So what is it about them living their life that's effecting you or anyone else?  The only time I see this as an issue is when it comes to trans people going into female sports.

Agreed. Sexual dimorphism is an actual thing. If we continue down this track, we need to rethink sports as a whole. Then the result would lead us pretty much right where we are. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 minute ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

All you have to do is walk outside of your safe space and look around.  You will see.  But you cant do that...because why should you care, right?  Nothing I will say matters to you other than you want to argue with me and probably insult me to gain favor with anyone here that thinks like you.  You'll get likes and laughs and such...you'll get what you want.

Outside of my safe space and look around?  Alright....so...I walk outside and go about my business whenever I feel like it.  I go and pick up my games if I don't have them delivered, I drive to work, I do my work, I take my son to the park or the pool on occasion, we go and get groceries....I don't know what you're getting at here.  What am I missing doing some of the same things that everyone else does where someone in the Alphabet mafia has impeded me or hurt me from doing anything in my life?  You're the one saying that I can't see it so I'm giving you the opportunity to tell me what it is that I'm too blind to see here.

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious in this instance.  He stated " You're all just so self absorbed that you cant even see it".   So I want to know what it is that they are doing that's effecting me or anyone else personally that I can't see.  I try to be fair and I'd like to think I try to be open minded on stuff so when he says something like this despite me disagreeing heavily with it, I want to hear what it is that I'm missing.  I'm giving him the ball.

I'm the most "give a person a chance" dude out there, but even I can see from you guys' replies (I have them both on ignore) that arguing with them never leads anywhere. The arguments are stupid, because they start from stupid shit, and it's not like you're going to change their minds.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

You know fuck all about anyone here outside of their forum posting. You say we just want to argue and cause a fight but you're the one calling people names and making assumptions about them to make your presupposed position work. The only people here trying to start a fight and insult people over this subject are you and Zatalcon. People insult you after the fact because they recognize you're position is disingenuous and your only goal is to sow discord and cause trouble. You're transparent as fuck, see right through you. 

You should probably go back to therapy if this is how you interact with the people around you. 

Edited by RSG3
2 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I'm the most "give a person a chance" dude out there, but even I can see from you guys' replies (I have them both on ignore) that arguing with them never leads anywhere. The arguments are stupid, because they start from stupid, and it's not like you're going to change their minds.

I don't disagree...like at all here.  But again if he's going to say something like that then clearly there most be something that I don't know so I'm giving him the ball to explain what it is he's talking about.  I heavily disagree with his opinion but I'm giving him the chance to state his case and show me where there's some chance that someone in the LGTBQ+ community existing in my vicinity, my neighborhood, in my eyesight, etc while I'm going about my daily life is effecting me because honestly as far as my blind eyes can tell I haven't had shit done to me by anyone in that community on a personal level.  I've actually worked with a few people who have been part of that community while working at Gamestop and worked beside them.  There being whatever they want to be didn't effect me and it definitely didn't effect the store in any way.  Hell we got people at my work now who are part of the mafia that I work with both while we were in the office and now most of us work from home so I'm just want to see what it is that I'm blind to about the trans woman who works from home in the same department as me is doing that hurting me.

27 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Edit - I read here enough and see the vanity on a daily basis...

You take the vaccine yet homie?

26 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I'm the most "give a person a chance" dude out there, but even I can see from you guys' replies (I have them both on ignore) that arguing with them never leads anywhere. The arguments are stupid, because they start from stupid shit, and it's not like you're going to change their minds.

Sonic is giving Drizzt the rope he needs to hang himself with his own comments. He can either continue dodging actually answering Sonics question, proving he's disingenuous in his bringing it up, and just wants to start a fight, or he gives us his examples of what Sonic and the rest of us are blind to and more then likely proves he knows very little about the subject or the people on this forum. Like he knows most of us lean left, are older, and some of us have kids and play videogames and shit and some of us have health problems. That's basically it.   He criticizes the "Like" system but he runs off to Shafts discord to talk about Megashock users so he's just projecting his own behavior onto us. Pretty typical. 

Edited by RSG3

I dunno how regularit is I just get pings from time to time from people in that discord about Megashock and it's almost always related to a convo Drizzt is in, in some fashion or another. Only time I get pinged from that discord and it isn't about politics from Mega or something it's Shaft Agent asking how I'm doing since we still talk from time to time. Otherwise it's pretty much always Megashock related in some way. 

Edited by RSG3

It's too early to be at work. I'm not a morning person at all. 

Also work is now instilling into intros (for meeting new people training etc) to state pronouns. I don't want to as I don't feel a need to but to avoid issues I just go along with it. If someone misgenders me I won't get offended... But considering how my appearance is, I seriously doubt anyone will do so. 

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I've actually worked with a few people who have been part of that community while working at Gamestop

Speaking of trans and Gamestop, here is a video that shows how painful it can be to be misgendered. This  woman was shopping and the store clerk repeatedly called him sir, even after being corrected. 

That poor woman 😢

Edited by Chadouken
21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Speaking of trans and Gamestop, here is a video that shows how painful it can be to be misgendered. This  woman was shopping and the store clerk repeatedly called him sir, even after being corrected. 

That poor woman 😢

I feel kinda bad cause I know if I was in that employees spot I'd probably slip up a few times with her coming in hot like that.  I don't even remember what caused the issue to begin with since the video doesn't show that but considering that receipt flailing around in her hand... I'm going to guess she came in there to get a return on something and things ain't going the way she wants.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I feel kinda bad cause I know if I was in that employees spot I'd probably slip up a few times with her coming in hot like that.  I don't even remember what caused the issue to begin with since the video doesn't show that but considering that receipt flailing around in her hand... I'm going to guess she came in there to get a return on something and things ain't going the way she wants.

him*

why the hell would we need to call that guy "her" when he is clearly a dude. If some guy starts identifying as a god, do are you going to call him lord now because he wants to be called that?

Or what about a white person who says he is now black, should he have rights now to be called the N word with the A at the end? This identity politics is one of the most retarded things of the left and it just shows how society is all about conformity than being real. 

Edited by zatalcon3