Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

43 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Show me a irl news article, or something. In which a woman physically over powered and had her way with a man. Not drugged, not jumped, not threatened with a weapon. Just sheer brute force the way Annisa did Mark.  

I did not say female sexual assault of men doesn't happen. I said it happening the way it was portrayed in the Invincible comic. Is hard to take seriously. Outside the context of the show.  

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sexual-victimization-by-women-is-more-common-than-previously-known/

We also pooled four years of the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) data and found that 35 percent of male victims who experienced rape or sexual assault reported at least one female perpetrator. Among those who were raped or sexually assaulted by a woman, 58 percent of male victims and 41 percent of female victims reported that the incident involved a violent attack, meaning the female perpetrator hit, knocked down or otherwise attacked the victim, many of whom reported injuries.

That said, with Invincible being a super hero comic and all I don't think it was even trying to portray realistic human-on-human violence.  Been like 12 years since I read it though.

Edited by Reticently
23 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Show me a irl news article, or something. In which a woman physically over powered and had her way with a physically and mentally strong healthy man. Not drugged, not jumped, not threatened with a weapon. Just sheer brute force the way Annisa did Mark.  

I did not say female sexual assault of men doesn't happen. I said it happening the way it was portrayed in the Invincible comic. Is hard to take seriously. Outside the context of the show.  

https://1in6.org/get-information/the-1-in-6-statistic/

1-in-6 men will be sexually assaulted or abused in their life time. And hey, guess what? I became one of those six when I was 14 and a girl sexually assaulted me. 

also the article reticently posted. Also there’s been tons of articles and research papers posted about male victims of rape. There’s even a hotline for it. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I think females do way more drunk/drugged rape than anyone would admit.  I also think society doesn't exactly let men come forward either.  I had to fireman carry one of my boys in college because some weirdo fatty was trying to take him home and he was clearly not in his right mind.  She was definitely giving off a rapey vibe.

4 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I think females do way more drunk/drugged rape than anyone would admit.  I also think society doesn't exactly let men come forward either.  I had to fireman carry one of my boys in college because some weirdo fatty was trying to take him home and he was clearly not in his right mind.  She was definitely giving off a rapey vibe.

Society gives zero fucks about us. "Just suck it up and stop being a baby." We have the highest suicide rate. Dudes are so stressed that they rather end it all and no fucks are given. 

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Society gives zero fucks about us. "Just suck it up and stop being a baby." We have the highest suicide rate. Dudes are so stressed that they rather end it all and no fucks are given. 

This is honestly why BB’s post bothered me so much cause Mark gets raped in Invincible, Omniman basically tells him to get over it, he’s afraid his wife eve will leave him if he tells her and then the girl that rapes him taunts him over it every time she sees Mark.  But BB’s reaction is “did he really get raped though?” 

like, wtf, if we can’t look out for eachother than wtf. I get it’s a comic and all but like. Fuck. I can’t help but be mad. 

Edited by iStu X
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's hard to provide articles and news stories on men's rape because men don't report their rape, and when they do they get scoffed at with responses like "Nor would most dudes even complain" 

"Bro it was pussy, why you crying?" 

Why would men report if they are just going to get shamed for being victimized?

Exactly. Cause when men open up about it and say they didn’t want it they get made fun or, or they internalize it as maybe they’re gay, all sortsa stuff run through men’s mind. 

I mean, it was male on male sexual assault but Brendan Fraser got black listed from Hollywood for decades because he came forward about being sexually assaulted. 

Edited by iStu X

Ohhhh yeah, John Campea will be talking about the Giancarlo Esposito being Xavier situation on today's show...that should be gold right there.  Oh gee I wonder which side he'll take on that one? 😆  The only question is how quickly he will resort to name-calling anyone who disagrees on this issue about "hey, anyone can play anyone".

I also saw an article on it pop up on Collider... and the comments in there are a goldmine.  Some chump actually claimed "blackwashing isn't a thing." ---what?  You dumb ass....that's literally what the shit is when you take an established non-black character and arbitrarily make them black.....JUST like not that long ago when we had white actors playing non-white characters and these same people would be upset about that shit and rightfully call it "whitewashing".  It is astounding to see their thought processes on defending this stuff....it's non-stop entertainment to me.  There's some quality troll comments in the mix as well, like "I think he would be even better as Jubilee!" 

*they'll always say something like "welllll there's nothing that says this character has to be white, actually..."----what, like the MILLIONS of illustrations of countless comic book artists and animators over the past few decades of these characters existing?  None of those cool pictures matter, I guess.

This insanity with casting these days is the gift that keeps giving.  I can't wait to see Zendaya as the Juggernaut!

Edited by MillionX
27 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Ohhhh yeah, John Campea will be talking about the Giancarlo Esposito being Xavier situation on today's show...that should be gold right there.  Oh gee I wonder which side he'll take on that one? 😆  The only question is how quickly he will resort to name-calling anyone who disagrees on this issue about "hey, anyone can play anyone".

Xavier being white isn’t really tied to his character at all. Giancarlo would make an interesting but excellent choice for Chuck. 

Ive mention among friends that he’d also make a great Senator Kelly, Bolivar Trask, Henry Gyrich or the voice of Nimrod or Apocalypse. He’d even be a great Hank McCoy/Beast.

another obvious choice would him being magneto. Though Magneto being Jewish is a huge part of os character there’s enough modern genocidal events that have happened to where you can throw a dart and land on one. So reworking Magnus’s history to make Giancarlo fit would be easy and I think he’d be amazing as the character.

My main issue, which admittedly is a dumb one is that Magnus is a fairly tall. Canonically Magneto is 6’2. Giancarlo is only 5’7. Which I know wouldn’t matter because Giancarlo has such a unique and powerful presence. But I’m use to seeing Magnus tower over people on top of his natural overwhelming presence and charisma. 

One of my biggest issues with FoX-Men was Hugh Jackman as Wolverine due to Jackman’s height compared to Logan’s small stature, which is one of his most defining traits. 

Edited by iStu X
30 minutes ago, iStu X said:

https://1in6.org/get-information/the-1-in-6-statistic/

1-in-6 men will be sexually assaulted or abused in their life time. And hey, guess what? I became one of those six when I was 14. 

Sorry that happened to you. You're a strong person for being able to deal with that. I'd never say sexual assault to men doesn't happen. But that specific case of a woman just going fleece Johnson on a strong capable dude for his dick? 

@J-rideYeah drunken/ drugged assault is real. Just ask Cardi B. Who openly admitted and bragged about it. And the response was "Haha Teehee dude got caught slippin" Imagine telling Cosby's victims the same 

@ReticentlyOK I see. But it doesnt get specific enough. Was dude blinded sided with a bat or something when they say attacked or knocked down? Because i doubt the female perp. Just stepped to her male victim like. "Gimmie dat dick or I'm taking it" completely unarmed, without the element of surprise. Like a man would

18 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

OK I see. But it doesnt get specific enough. Was dude blinded sided with a bat or something when they say attacked or knocked down? Because i doubt the female perp. Just stepped to her male victim like. "Gimmie dat dick or I'm taking it" completely unarmed, without the element of surprise. Like a man would

Idk man.  The scrappiest 10% of women I've met could almost certainly clean the clock on the least scrappy 20% of dudes I've known. 

So just as a numbers game it must happen some of the time.  Never mind the whole angle where it's probably less dangerous to your lifestyle to let a woman get the bop on you than to explain to the cops that you were just defending yourself.

I thought about bringing that angle up to, like you defend yourself against this woman assaulting you, now she can call the cops and point to her wounds as proof you assaulted her, and even with witnesses to what actually happened 99% of the time your going to jail, your getting finger printed and your photo taken, your spending the night in jail and having to defend yourself in court for defending yourself.

that's the sad thing, imo... the fact that a man is going to be in a lose-lose situation against a woman no matter what happens when violence is going on.

1. You allow her to beat your ass....since a lot of people don't just stop with physical violence...this could possibly lead to your death too if she decides to use a weapon.
  2. You fight back....so now you're going to get jumped by several other guys in the immediate area and probably arrested too.

The only thing for any guy to do is actually just leave before violence happens....then everyone from the woman in question to the surrounding crowd laughs at you as a "pussy", but at least that's not as bad as the above 2 scenarios.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I thought about bringing that angle up to, like you defend yourself against this woman assaulting you, now she can call the cops and point to her wounds as proof you assaulted her, and even with witnesses to what actually happened 99% of the time your going to jail, your getting finger printed and your photo taken, your spending the night in jail and having to defend yourself in court for defending yourself.

Now that's something I didn't consider. And I could see a man "allowing" a woman to force herself on him and not stop her. In fear of things becoming worst if he defended himself. Me personally though? Ego wouldn't allow it.

Like I'm not letting a woman physically impose her will on me with her bare hands. Like nah I'll deal with whatever comes next. But I won't accept that. As long as I'm physically and mentally strong.

As fucked up as this sounds. From what I've seen growing up in the Bronx and my own experiences? Few will still respect a man that puts hands on a woman. No one respects a man that gets his ass whupped by a woman. They'll say you did the right thing and are a gentleman, a real man etc.

But that dude? Will now be talked to and tried in ways. He wouldn't have. Before taking that kind of L from a woman. 

Edited by BB_Hoody
31 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Now that's something I didn't consider. And I could see a man "allowing" a woman to force herself on him and not stop her. In fear of things becoming worst if he defended himself. Me personally though? Ego wouldn't allow it.

Like I'm not letting a woman physically impose her will on me with her bare hands. Like nah I'll deal with whatever comes next. But I won't accept that. As long as I'm physically and mentally strong.

As fucked up as this sounds. From what I've seen growing up in the Bronx and my own experiences? Few will still respect a man that puts hands on a woman. No one respects a man that gets his ass whupped by a woman. They'll say you did the right thing and are a gentleman, a real man etc.

But that dude? Will now be talked to and tried in ways. He wouldn't have. Before taking that kind of L from a woman. 

I'm gonna say you actually have no real clue what you would actually do because you've never been in that situation before. Its easy to say what you would do but doing in the moment is something else. All kinds of factors could be at play you didnt think about that could influence your decision making in the moment.

Besides i thought you said no dude would complain about free pussy anyway so you'd probably just let her according to your own logic.

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm gonna say you actually have no real clue what you would actually do because you've never been in that situation before. Its easy to say what you would do but doing in the moment is something else. All kinds of factors could be at play you didnt think about that could influence your decision making in the moment.

Besides i thought you said no dude would complain about free pussy anyway so you'd probably just let her according to your own logic.

Well it depends on what she looks like lol. If she looked like Anissa? Maybe with a bit less muscle? Nice. And I have been in that situation. Hence my own experiences. Not a woman demanding my dick and not taking no for an answer. But a woman physically attacking me and making it a point to punk me.

I refused to hit back. Got slapped and punched up. I was told I did the right thing yadada. But the lack of respect and ridicule said otherwise. So if some chick I wasn't attracted to tried that? Yeah I'm restraining her if need be. And making it clear you cannot physically challenge me. Don't ever try it again.

Damn what the hell.... AM got a wild story to cover today

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/crime/new-orleans-mother-accused-killing-daughter-stabbing-son/289-f894ff83-9761-4009-b440-f438658db41f

Moments after the stabbing, a woman believed to be Pedesclaux shared a short video on Instagram with blood dripping down her chest. In the now-deleted video, the woman says, "I'm done. My children are dead. I'm done. I'm done with life."

The woman in the video adds: "It's all Jermaine's fault."

The newspaper reports that Pedesclaux was in a child custody dispute with Jermaine Roberts, the father of the two children. Roberts reportedly sued Pedesclaux in April seeking joint custody that would allow him to see the children on weekends. In court documents, Roberts argued that Pedesclaux was "not stable or providing a healthy environment for the kids."

Both children were taken to a hospital in a personal vehicle. The 4-year-old girl died at the hospital. The 2-year-old boy is still alive but listed in critical condition, according to the NOPD"

See, once convicted... just make it so the info about *why* she's in prison "accidentally" gets leaked to the other prisoners in general population, and they'd take care of the rest for us, I assume... I'm not sure if women's prison has things playing out the same way on average.

edit---ah, Louisiana happens to be a death penalty state... but of course we all know there's no chance in the world she would get sentenced to that, not even if it was 1st degree murder.

Edited by MillionX

So it suddenly hit me to search for this new topic on youtube that I had not considered before... any kind of "drama" going on in the "fandom menace" sector of youtube.  Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how ya look at it... I didn't find much, actually... so far the main thing that shows up is from nearly a year ago when Jessi and Jeff showed up at a Nerdrotic event and were asked to leave....I already knew about that situation since she made a video about it....so unfortunately I didn't find any juicy new dirt to check out.  I was trying to see if anyone had vids about the apparent split between Jess and Anna now... someone mentioned that in passing in the live chat, and it *seems* to be a real thing since I then noticed---"oh yeah... Anna hasn't been live with Jessi in a while now..."

The "manosphere" feuds/drama has seemingly died down a bit over the past several months... most of them try to avoid clashing with others.

sheeeitttt, if I were into the youtube thing, maybe the "Drama Report" category would've been another thing I'd cover....because really; I can't get enough of it, obviously.  It's like soap opera shit, except this wonderful behind the scenes dirt....is real.  It's like fresh slices of my favorite pizza... I have a tough time resisting it.

james franco sandwich GIF

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I haven't played Jenga in a long ass time and I hadn't even considered that this was an end game possibility.  "Fuck You" is a pretty appropriate response if I was in the other guys position lol.

And the confident stride away. Like "what you surprised about? You know this is what I do" like walking away from an explosion without looking at it

Edited by BB_Hoody

Self checkout groceries.  There's always a moment where I'm like- this place stocks like 25 different varieties of apple, and you expect me to remember which ones I grabbed 45 minutes ago at the front of the store or pick it out from a list of low rez photos that all look like generic apples?

Spoilers- if I don't remember exactly what it is then I'm not going to just guess that it's one of the expensive ones.

32 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

All the Walmarts here went to self check out. If I gotta scan and bag all my damn groceries, the food should be cheaper. They got rid of the workers, they got the extra capital to afford to give us discounts since we're employees too. Seriously tho😂

I'm not checking myself out at a store.  They need to offer a discount if they want me to work for free.

I only do self checkout if it's like 2 small/medium sized items.  I always do standard checkout for "full groceries".

It's funny that my local Publix has installed 6 self checkout stations and reduced the amount of cashiers like Walmart. Their mantra is usually customer service but if I have to wait a long time , I might as well go to wm for lower prices. 

Chips seem to have really been hit hard by inflation. $4 -5 bucks for baby dick sized bags is crazy. I generally only buy one bag /week but I may cut that out. 

14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I haven't played Jenga in a long ass time and I hadn't even considered that this was an end game possibility.  "Fuck You" is a pretty appropriate response if I was in the other guys position lol.

Last time I played Jenga was at this bar in Key West where I was playing. I made a bet with this random girl I as playing with that if I knocked down the tower she could shave off my goatee and I LOST 😂

I love the self-checkout... unless it's a store that's loaded with prime eye-candy (usually PAWGs), like Publix and Target... I like to get my food/etc. items and get out of the store as fast as possible...and self-checkout helps with that goal.  

With fruit in a checkout, they always just have a picture at the places I go... I don't recall having to know exactly which thing it is... I just hit the "apples" or whatever picture and then the machine has me put it on there to weigh it.

*the race-swapping thing again--- it's annoying yet funny to hear the same excuses over and over again by the people desperate to defend the "blackwashing" (but of course no other type of race swap) thing... but it recently hit me--- when they say "race isn't exactly crucial to this character.."----sooooo you're saying the art and animation dating back multiple decades of these characters doesn't matter at all?  Comics happen to be a primarily visual medium... so there is always a certain visual design that comes to mind whenever we think of Gambit, Magneto, Jean Grey, Storm, Superman, Spawn, etc. etc. etc....and you know damn well when the shit doesn't match up when they cast someone who is radically different in appearance from the established look of the character.... set aside the race for a moment----wouldn't it look stupid to have a fat-ass slob playing Captain America Steve Rogers, since he's supposed to be the peak of human physiology via the super-soldier serum?  Wouldn't it be incorrect to have a gorgeous woman playing ugly-ass Amanda Waller in DC?  ...just like you wouldn't have a person in a wheelchair playing Flash (or any non-handicapped superhero, unless the character was designed that way in the first place)... just like you wouldn't have a weak, anorexic-looking dude playing the Kingpin....and you would not cast a morbidly obese woman as Dhalsim in a Street Fighter movie.

Even when I worked at Walmart I’d use self check. Mainly cause everyone my age/younger didn’t care about the job so they bagged like shit.

if they were one of those old boomers who had been there since forever despise being good at their job they were too slow and all they’d want to do is talk. I’m not here for that. 

so unless I absolutely I had to (see: cart full of shit) I’d always use self check out. 

Edited by iStu X