Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Self Check out is a scam. Because they want you to check yourself out and do it correctly to.

Suck

My

Fucking

Dick.

I'm not gonna steal shit on purpose. But if you are going to be out here making me bag my own shit with bags that don't want to open up and this whole ordeal...yeah fuck that. Its corporations trying to push the limits on basic ass acceptability.  Goddamn Sprouts started with this shit too. Not like anything at Walmart, Sprouts, Albertsons has gotten any cheaper.

Yea the problem isn't self checkout itself, it's that you get nothing for it while they save money cutting a job. Prices didn't go down from the money they save not paying a cashier or bagger. You still pay the same amount but you're getting less service. You're getting less for the same amount. 

It's the exact same horseshit as digital games being the exact same fucking price as on the shelf physical even tho they don't have to pay to press a disc, make a case, ship it, stock on a shelf, nothing, they save ALL that money and pass onto you exactly fucking 0 of it. You still pay full God damn price for nothing more then a digital key they can revoke from you any time they want for any reason they want. 70 bucks for that bullshit. 

I'm so so so fucking sick and tired of the endless greed. 

Edited by RSG3

Nothing like a store begging you to fill out their application when you ask if they are hiring because they are desperate for help, only to have said application refused and denied via email. 

Guess you're not that desperate for help after all eh?

Edited by RSG3
17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yes we do, the savings should pass to the customer. Don't care if you hate hearing it. 

Except the same amount of people are still employed. They’re just else where. Covid made online grocery shopping a much bigger thing so that’s been where a lot of the labor has been moved to. 

don’t wanna use self check out? Wait at a normal register. Don’t wanna wait at a normal register. Or don’t have access to one?  Go to self check out. 

don’t wanna do either? Grocery pick up. Don’t wanna do that? Have them delivered. Walmart does free delivery over $35. Don’t wanna do that? Shop somewhere else like target or a local/regional chain. 

A lot of registers are closed at places like walmart in the middle of the day because there’s no reason to for there to be a bunch open. It’s a waste of time and resources. They use algorithms and planning based on sales other things to schedule cashiers and the like. So if you’re mad there’s only 2-3 registers out of 15 open on a random Tuesday at 3pm — it’s cause it’s a random Tuesday at 3pm. 😂

I was a cog in the machine for four years and wore a lot of different hats and paid attention to how our store operated. So I have a better idea of why walmart does the things they do than most. 

Im not going to argue that Walmarts that have gone 100% self check out don’t suck. Cause they do. But you can simply just use the other methods I mentioned. 

also, despite what people may think, walmart does really set things as low as they can while still making a profit. Some things they even lose significant money on. One of the first things they teach you when you’re hired is how profit margins work for the company 

Edited by iStu X

Yea that's a really long paragraph telling me they had positions to fill but didn't, and when it was convenient to eliminate another position. To fill the one they arentbfilling they did it. 

You're never gonna win me over on Walmart predatory business practices Stu. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You're never gonna win me over on Walmart predatory business practices Stu. 

I’m not trying to. 😂  I constantly bitched about walmart on here while I was there 

just trying to give a perspective on how and why modern retail, especially walmart has changed from someone who was there for four years. 

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m not trying to. 😂

You're literally defending them for eliminating positions to fill other positions when those positions should have been filled ages ago. You're also defending a multi-Billion dollar company who makes money hand over fist by underpaying, understaffing, and driving out all comp around them. 

Walmart can absolutely afford to pass the savings of not paying a checkout employee onto their customer base for asking them to do that job. Miss me with this "they have Rock bottom prices already" bullshit.

Take a paycut corporate sluts. They have the money they just refuse. 

Edited by RSG3
24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You're literally defending them for eliminating positions to fill other positions when those positions should have been filled ages ago

There’s still self check out hosts. Usually 1-3 depending on day of week and time of day. 

You're also defending a multi-Billion dollar company who makes money hand over fist by underpaying, understaffing, and driving out all comp around them. 

Walmart isn’t the only one that does what I’m explaining. Walmart is just the most known one because there’s so fucking many of them.  I just know about Walmart’s practices the most due to being there for so long. 

Walmart can absolutely afford to pass the savings of not paying a checkout employee onto their customer base for asking them to do that job. Miss me with this "they have Rock bottom prices already" bullshit.

I definitely feel they could imply some incentive for sure. With Walmart+ they do a lot of things that Amazon are doing but the difference is Walmart has the physical stores where Amazon “technically” doesn’t really outside of those few “Prime Stores” in Seattle, a few other places and Whole Foods. 

Walmart discounts their gas through WM+. There’s no reason why they couldn’t do something similar to Targets Red Card (5% cash back on all purchases) for being a WM+ And shopping in-store.  (Red cards are free to sign up for and are not a credit card. Walmart obviously would never do something like this for free. But them tying it to their wanna-be prime makes since to my brain) 

Take a paycut corporate sluts. They have the money they just refuse. 

eating the rich is sounding better and better but I’ve been putting weight back on recently. 😭

Edited by iStu X

oh yeah that's 1 of the things I hate about digital gaming... in the beginning, gamers foolishly thought that we might get things a bit cheaper....that the companies...would pass the savings on to us since they don't have to deal with packaging and printing instruction manuals anymore 😆  Ohhh man.... but anyway, yeah... often times you can find the physical version for a cheaper price than the online storefronts.  

this reminds me; I regret not getting the physical version of Dead Cells on Switch when I could...there was a time when I saw that in Gamestop, but I thought "eh, maybe later..." since I already have the digital version.  Of course I never saw it again.

2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

oh yeah that's 1 of the things I hate about digital gaming... in the beginning, gamers foolishly thought that we might get things a bit cheaper....that the companies...would pass the savings on to us since they don't have to deal with packaging and printing instruction manuals anymore 😆  Ohhh man.... but anyway, yeah... often times you can find the physical version for a cheaper price than the online storefronts.  

this reminds me; I regret not getting the physical version of Dead Cells on Switch when I could...there was a time when I saw that in Gamestop, but I thought "eh, maybe later..." since I already have the digital version.  Of course I never saw it again.

On PC digital games ARE cheaper.  There is no store that is going to be selling stuff for the prices you see during Steam sales.

It's only CONSOLE digital storefronts that suck...

oh yeah... yeah I'm usually thinking of things from a very console-gamer perspective.  It's only recently I've been playing PC games thanks to the Steam Deck making that experience way more appealing to me.  I had it with me today since I anticipated a line when stopping by the chick fil a.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

There’s still self check out hosts. Usually 1-3 depending on day of week and time of day. 

You're the one who said Walmart was trying to get rid of regular registers and then they basically massacred cashiers.

Biiiiich, those hosts don't do shit. Walmart needs to stop fucking around and scan my damn items.

25 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Biiiiich, those hosts don't do shit.

I never said they did. Just that they’re there. 😂

I always hated the shifts I was scheduled as SCOH or when I had to cover one of their breaks cause it was so fucking boring and glorified babysitting 

Edited by iStu X

Y'know, I regret not getting more of those Disney Infinity figures that went with the Infinity "toys to life" game franchise....especially once they did their usual dumbass thing by shutting the whole thing down.  The sculpts on those were great; I'm reminded of this by glancing over at my Darth Vader figure I got from that line (I usually have it set up by the tv, or next to my computer; wherever I happen to be)...it's one of the best-looking Vaders I've ever seen in toy/figure form....it has the cartoony "Pixar movie" look but is still in line with the iconic Vader design, and with a cool pose.  I have the Kylo Ren as well.  Imagine if they would've kept up with that franchise... well, there wasn't much more to look forward to though, since X-men has zero chance of being recognizable...but imagine Thanos in that style; I don't think they ever had a Thanos figure.  I only played one of those Infinity games for a short time though.  The Hulk figure was really nice too....that was before they took Hulk's balls after he got punked by Thanos.....that was and still is a sad situation for Hulk fans.  That character has been a straight up chump in live action ever since.... the upcoming She-Hulk show is just going to ruin him even more, most likely.

Edited by MillionX

I also do self-checkouts when I'm carrying only a few items. A full grocery shopping cart always goes to the regular ones.

The thing that bothers me out of most supermarkets is how they have over 20 checkout lanes but only 2-3 are open LOL

Another pet peeve is those who use the regular lanes when all they have are 3-4 items. Even if your dumbass don't know how to use self checkout, at least have the decency to go to the speedy checkout lanes, you slow fucks.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

@MillionXThose Disney Infinity figures are available at the basket full from pawn shops and donation centers like GoodWill. Ive scooped a few of them myself cuz yea they are nice little sculpts. They fit right in next to my Amiibo. They tend be like 4 or 5 bucks.

oh yeah that reminds me---there's a great place here called McKay's....they have tons of old tv shows and movies on dvd/blu-ray/4k, books, cds, records, etc... and yep, they have older toys as well.  I've seen a few Disney Infinity figures there....unfortunately none of the ones that interest me, last time I went.  I would buy a Hulk one if I see it.  That was the last time they allowed Hulk to be cool.  I only have a couple of them--- aside from Kylo and Vader, there's the girl from Brave, since that figure was included with Infinity 3.0.  It wouldn't surprise me if the decision to shut the Infinity franchise down was by an actual "Boomer-gen" person that is completely out of touch with gaming, and has no idea the huge potential goldmine of material they have there.

For amiibos, I only have "pixelated Mario" since it came with the Mario Maker Edition of WiiU... and I have Cloud Strife....and I'm not even a real Final Fantasy fan. I figured it might be worth something later.

*ok, this latest thing on facebook is just making me hate that shit ass platform even more... I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not...but when looking at things in the "feed" section, some things will just disappear as you're trying to view them.... yeah fuck off with that.  

Edited by MillionX
13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

@MillionXThose Disney Infinity figures are available at the basket full from pawn shops and donation centers like GoodWill. Ive scooped a few of them myself cuz yea they are nice little sculpts. They fit right in next to my Amiibo. They tend be like 4 or 5 bucks.

Yup. One of the local gaming stores here has 5 giant totes full of Infinity figures. They don’t even bother pricing them out individually. They just sell them for $1/e. 

I’ve bought a lot of the Marvel ones. I love the sculpts. If you like the art style of the sculpts The artist who designed every sculpt for Disney Infinity is named Sean “Cheeks” Galloway.

He was also the lead character designer and an executive producer for the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. 

Edited by iStu X
33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Was it her gender or was it because she isn't that big of a star? 

Tbf, at her age it's kind of hard to separate those two things.  Not many middle aged women keep getting offered lead actress roles if a 20-something actress could also play the part.

Plus she's kind of the face of that franchise.  If someone thinks they can make money going to that well for a sixth time, it's probably fair game for her to demand a respectable cut.

@axeman61@Reticently

Thanks for the insight guys. I don't doubt what she's saying is possible, I just am too jaded to take things at face value anymore. That said, I remember Chadwick Boseman (RIP), giving Sienna Miller part of his salary because she was getting lowballed. IIRC He didn't want anyone to know, but after he passed. She brought it up to show what kind of man he was.

Yeah that is more likely the case.  Scream also hadn't been a big franchise in a while until that last one, so a lot of people (outside of hardcore Scream franchise fans) may have forgotten who she is.

So now I'm wondering if in the story they will just write it so she moved away or was killed off-screen for the next one.

Speaking of Scream movies---the score by Marco Beltrami for the first 2 is outstanding stuff.... some of my favorite "horror/slasher" music ever...

I have the soundtracks for the first 2 films on CD

...but yeah, Neve's still hot enough for me.  My only complaint about her in terms of looks was the fact that she is sadly lacking in the Booty Department...but she was always so cute I could give her a pass on that.  Most can't get away with that.

Edited by MillionX

That slut's still good lookin'.  Man, I had the hots for her when I was a teenager let me tell you.  Even in that witch movie where her skin is all jacked up.  Back then I was like "yeah, I'd still hit it.". 

Also she's a washed up teen star from the mid to late 90's.  She aint gonna get the skrilla she demands...they'll just get another broad.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

1982 Knight Rider drinking game

Take a shot every time....

the word "Knight" is in the episode title

during a long driving scene, there is a licensed pop song playing NOT performed by the original musician

KITT says "I dont understand "random human hobby"

KITT descends from a turbo boost and right before impact, the shot switches to Michael recoiling in his seat (It'll get ya drunk)

the girl of the week is attracted to and kisses Michael

Bonnie is wearing white overalls

Bonnie berates Michael for his treatment of KITT

Bonnie/April installs a random new gadget for KITT that will be useful during the climax of the episode and then is never used again

Devon is dismayed at Michael's taste in music/food

Devon interrupts Michael's vacation to give him a new case

Devon poses as someone else to trap a suspect

Michael is thrown in jail/ KITT is put into police impound

A character says" Until X years ago, Michael Knight didn't exist"

Michael says "KITT I need you buddy"

KITT has a funny interaction with someone when Michael is not there

KITT is severely damaged

a regular circular steering wheel is seen instead of the stylized one

KITT reverses out of the FLAG semi and turns 180 degrees

miniatures are used for stunts instead of regular sized vehicles

There is an evil doppleganger of a character (Liver failure!)

Evil Doppleganger is achieved through plastic surgery

KITT or KARR uses a laser

An actor plays 2-3 different characters over the course of the shows run

a reference to Michael Long is made

an unsuccessful reboot is made of this show

any victim of a criminal doesnt get any facetime with the criminal after he/she is defeated.

the episode ends with a joke

black characters are mostly extras or bit parts

RC3 drives a motorcycle

A G1 Transformers actor appears in the show

stock footage from another movie is used (Superman 1978 believe it or not)

the season premiere takes place outside of California

ah, time to laugh at women again for a minute...

eh, I won't ever fault them for wanting a 6-figure dude though... it makes logical sense to desire the best you can get... it would indeed be unlikely for someone in her situation though, with already having kids.  Why would a dude making that much "settle" on that when he could get one that is slightly younger that has no kids?  She's already at a disadvantage right from the start....like trying to run a race with a literal ball & chain around your ankles.

Edited by MillionX