Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Well, that was annoying... there's a certain station here that plays the top hits and they would play "Running Up that Hill" since it's been resurrected to popular status again in the past 2 months or so...and today I noticed they played this butchered, short version instead.  Nah, bruh... that doesn't fly with me; if I'm in the mood to hear a song I like, I want the real deal.  This reminds me of when MTV's "Total Request Live", aka TRL show in the mid to late 90s would basically do the same thing----and it made no sense to me.  When these are currently the most popular songs, why are you only teasing us with a 2-minute version that's noticeably chopped up?  I don't want to hear that bullshit ruined version.  Of course it was even more noticeable in the days of music videos since there's a visual there, and most people remember how the video is supposed to be.  

It was perfect... starting up right after my workout and then I noticed the edit, and how they were at the last portion of the song already.... nah get out of here with that mess.

there it is... at 118 million views now

sheeeeitttt, and suddenly I was in the mood for this one... the video for this reminds me of those good ol' days when music videos were a big deal:

Edited by MillionX

Well, apparently Vampire Diaries is leaving Netflix in September... so once again physical media is the optimal choice.  There's never any need to worry when actually have your own copy of that show or movie.

On another note---I was back at the Books A Million today...the location that had those small Thundercats, GI Joe and Transformers figures all for 10 bucks a piece... but the main one I wanted was already gone!  I was looking for the frail pre-transformation version of Mumm-Ra, but someone else already got the last of those.  There's another location that's slightly closer but they still have those figures at the normal $18 price.... for what those figures are, 10 dollars seems more like the correct price.

I was also at the McKay's earlier....that's the place that has some old Disney Infinity and Skylanders figures... I didn't see any of the ones I like though... a LOT of Mr. Incredibles and some of the characters from the Star Wars sequel movies... and Black Widow, but she's never been interesting to me, outside of sex appeal when ScarJo is playing her.

Edited by MillionX

^yeah I watch the earlier F&F shows on occasion.  One they had yesterday with "Destiny" and "Sneako" was interesting.... I went into that fully prepared to disagree with whatever Destiny was about to say (haha that sounds like a ghetto stripper name, tbh), but he comes off like someone you could actually have a *reasonable* discussion with, even if you disagree with about 65% of what he says.  This is sadly a lost cause in modern times---most people are literally incapable of reasonable, rational discussions with those who have different opinions on any even slightly serious topic.

I haven't seen this particular episode you linked though; I'll have to check it for sure.

Oh...somehow I missed this until just now... so they also changed the time period to the 1910s... in addition to changing Louis to being a brothel owner and the girl is now a 14 year old (played by a 19 year old...apparently because certain child labor laws prevented them from using a kid for such extensive work from what I hear)

....but here I am conflicted though, because the trailer actually does it's job and makes this look cool.  They've at least piqued my interest enough to watch....but with all these changes, it's almost like something else that just has the "Interview.." name and characters slapped on it to get by on quick brand recognition.

49 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Was bout to holla at this chick until I saw her calling herself an "Alpha female", that shit sounds argumentative, hard headed and annoying. Anybody who refers to themselves as an alpha is usually anything but 

There seems to be a bunch of women who want to be BOSS BITCHES but I don't know a single guy who wants one. I don't think any guy is looking to suffer that much in his day to day life.

34 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Now that you think of it, don't think I've ever heard a white girl refer to herself as that 

I honestly think the king and queen title a lot of us black people give ourselves and each other is cope. For our horrific start in this country. And our place in American society. Most people referring to themselves as such. Do not carry themselves or take on the responsibilities of a King or Queen

Any black person calling themselves king or queen. Ask them when's the last time, they did anything. That made a difference in the lives of people outside of their family and inner circle?

King's make sure everyone in their kingdom is eating and healthy. And Queens assist their King in this endeavor. Vast majority do not fit that description.

26 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I find scaplers making everything cost 3-4x as much to be super annoying.  I'm glad I got most of my classic systems before the market became absolutely bananas. 

I have a local chain trade in store, they take just about anything in trade for a pittance of cash or a grip of store credit. I trade in stuff and build up my credit to buy the classic stuff i never got as a kid because yea most of its just too stupid expensive. I got Shining Force III from there using $150 in trade credit for my duplicate games, extra no longer needed controllers, or when i buy a bulk box and trade in the stuff i don't want. Hit a yard sale and buy a box of comic books for 5 bucks, gets 20 in trade credit. Best way I've found to game the system as it where. Still have to buy some stuff for cash over priced, but you take what you can get. Trying to scoop their current copy of Boktai. Almost have the credit built up.

Second hand markets goofy right now tho, nostalgia is big money. I wonder how many of these guys buying classic games actually play them or just display them. Cant help but wonder.

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, J-ride said:

There seems to be a bunch of women who want to be BOSS BITCHES but I don't know a single guy who wants one. I don't think any guy is looking to suffer that much in his day to day life.

I worked with a producer who had this female dog that would hump the other dogs when he took it to the dog park. I imagine "boss bitches" are the human version of that.

The Cheapskate Chronicles.... 

I spent a little more than usual on some jeans today, since my old pair is finally too raggedy to wear... the cost of the new ones = a whole 20 bucks. 😆  Yeah I got a little wild with the spending there, but we'll see how long these last.  The old ones I remember were about 11 bucks and that held up for several years.  I also found a good cheap shirt to work out in... that was only 7 or 8 dollars and change there.  I also noticed several pennies on the ground some days ago.... you're goddamn right I spent the time to pick every bit of that 9 cents up.

The last time Phish jammed out Fluffhead was at Alpine Valley in 1999. Usually it's a pretty standard composition that they don't ever jam out. Well they took it to a Type 2 jam in 1999.

Last night they played Alpine Valley and they opened the show with 1999 followed by Fluffhead, which they took into a Type 2 jam again for the first time since playing it back in 1999 at the same venue. THEN they played Saw it Again, which is cool because if you were at the 1999 show and were also there last night, then you got to see the only times that jammed out Fluffhead. You Saw it again!

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt