Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

^soooo.....the art appear to show Mike and Will holding hands?!  From how the story has developed so far, Will is clearly gay but Mike is not....maybe they caved in to some pressure and decided he's "suddenly" gay too, like when Marvel flipped Iceman some years ago, I guess....or bisexual, since he was very much in love with Elle as recently as this recent season 4.

...this might be funny later today... a more lighthearted Dardevil?  OH WHAT A SURPRISE.  Surely that has nothing at all to do with him being on lame-ass Disney+ now (+ the current Marvel "formula" where everything is a joke every 2 goddamn minutes, removing all sense of urgency about any situation)....nah that would be silly to jump to such conclusions  🤣  chump ass nonsense, get outta heah

Edited by MillionX

I look forward to getting more news on the new Disneyfied, babysoft edition of Blade that's in the works... I already texted my old college buddy who's oblivious to all the BS what my predictions are with that one... we have 2 or 3 possible ways it plays out to push The Agenda:

1. The "Abraham Whistler" character is included, but definitely gender-swapped, just so this new Blade was taught everything he knows by a far superior woman.  Or...
  2. He has a young female companion or protege, and we soon see that yes... she is actually far more capable in combat (and smarter) than he is, and the dialogue makes sure to emphasize it with one-liners like "heh, looks like you could teach me a thing or two, actually..."
  3. Possible 3rd option---he has a different mentor character that's not Whistler but of course she's a woman.  This would be the more clever play since it's *not* a gender-swap... just a new character entirely.  Maybe they throw someone like Viola Davis in this role.... say she's a retired military woman that knows all about firearms and sword combat she researched and trained for that in her spare time.  This works as another option to show that a woman is superior in all ways to the male protagonist here, as usual.  Even though this is obvious, I don't mind this one as much since it is not the usual lazy ass gender-swap tactic.  Just like in gaming... I'll always prefer true new characters to lazy "palette swaps".

No, there is zero chance they allow Blade to stand on his own as a badass, awesome character....or as a badass that has another badass masculine dude as his mentor.  We all know this is what's going to happen here....on top of it being a neutered PG13 situation as well. (*I bet we won't even see 1 vampire head getting chopped off.)

20 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I look forward to getting more news on the new Disneyfied, babysoft edition of Blade that's in the works... I already texted my old college buddy who's oblivious to all the BS what my predictions are with that one... we have 2 or 3 possible ways it plays out to push The Agenda:

1. He has a young female companion or protege, and we soon see that yes... she is actually far more capable in combat (and smarter) than he is, and the dialogue makes sure to emphasize it with one-liners like "heh, looks like you could teach me a thing or two, actually..."

We already had that 18 years ago  in Abigail Whistler from Blade Trinity in 2004.

Hopefully, Disney has earned a lesson from that mess and keeps Blade mostly on his own.

Yes, somehow I am late to the game with that movie "Day Shift".  I'm not even checking Netflix every day so I'm just now hearing people talk about it; the folks on John Campea's show mentioned something about it today, actually....I don't think they liked it.  

At the very least I'm sure they're better than the vamps from that miniseries "Vampires" with the French actors.  That shit had the most lame depiction of vampires of all time.  The goddamn Count from Sesame Street was a more "correct" vampire than those chumps.

7 hours ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

You shouldn't drink that stuff anyway.  It's not in sync with evolution.  Cows have only been domesticated in the last eight thousand years, before that they were running round as mad as lorries.  The human digestive system hasn't got used to any dairy products yet.

Couple of things wrong with this.

"It's not in sync with evolution. "
This is nonsense, evolution has no grand design, just survival of the fittest, and random mutations. 

" Cows have only been domesticated in the last eight thousand years"
That more than long enough for evolution to kick in.

"The human digestive system hasn't got used to any dairy products yet."
Except we have, people are able to digest cows milk. 

The study Arieswarlock posted only found a correlation, not causation. 

I love the rant at 1:42:37 (if the time code doesn't take you there).  Be warned - it lasts 9 minutes.

This is the exact thing that turned me off of those types of videos. I was, years ago, on the edge of falling down that anti-sjw/anti-woke video pipeline, as I'm an anti-sjw/anti-woke guy myself (or like to think I am). But over the short bit of time I was watching those videos, I morphed from "yeah, these guys are with me" to "MAN these are whiny people". Some neckbeard jackass saying the 2019 Oscars went "FULL WOKE" because they gave Best Picture to Parasite instead of Joker was the last straw. Those types of channels are just as annoying as whatever target they rail against on any given day.

2 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I love the rant at 1:42:37 (if the time code doesn't take you there).  Be warned - it lasts 9 minutes.

This is the exact thing that turned me off of those types of videos. I was, years ago, on the edge of falling down that anti-sjw/anti-woke video pipeline, as I'm an anti-sjw/anti-woke guy myself (or like to think I am). But over the short bit of time I was watching those videos, I morphed from "yeah, these guys are with me" to "MAN these are whiny people". Some neckbeard jackass saying the 2019 Oscars went "FULL WOKE" because they gave Best Picture to Parasite instead of Joker was the last straw. Those types of channels are just as annoying as whatever target they rail against on any given day.

I stopped watching the vast majority of those channels for the same reason. They bitch about EVERYTHING. It's like, not everything is woke. "Do you have any content that you like?" Was the thought that crossed my mind when I started tuning a lot of them out.

Most of them have realized what gets the clicks and views... it's easier when you're roasting something as opposed to being positive.

I've noticed this even back in the days of traditional movie reviews from Siskel and Ebert... at least for me, it was more interesting and funny when they HATED something and spent the time to explain exactly why.  A favorite of mine is when they roasted the hell out of "Leonard, part 6". (I have this on blu-ray, btw! I was surprised it was ever released on that format!) I'll admit the problem with this situation is then it indeed raises the question of what's real and what are they merely playing up for the views?  It would be nice if we had some method of knowing for sure.  When I'm watching some delicious hate commentary on something... of course I want it to be real.  Fake hate that's done purely for the views would be incredibly lame.

The latest thing with the Lord of the Rings show---they're losing me a bit there simply because I've never been a hardcore LOTR fan in the first place....so of course I'm unaware of exactly how much Amazon has changed it.  I *vaguely* remember those Peter Jackson films but that's it... I'll also never watch those movies again since it takes centuries to watch all of them....would be nice if they moved on to the next thing....

actually that might not be for a while then, aside from She-Hulk I guess.  It seems like Blade is still pretty far off in the distance, and X-men (or "X-People"/X-Force whatever they will call it since "men" is a problematic term for the chumps that run the tv/movie industry) is even further down the line.  You know they're licking their chops for that, since we have at least 2 or 3 race-swaps (Jean Grey being a guarantee) to laugh about there.

Edited by MillionX

Yea but roasting something was an exception for S&E, so when they did it it was special and that made it entertaining. 

That's all those channels do, and I wouldn't even say they roast much of anything, they whine about the optics of shit, watch them long enough and you'll learn they didn't even watch the thing they are whining about. 

I started cleansing those channels from my feed during the Ghost in the Shell White Washing controversy cuz it was obvious that not only did they not watch the movie, they didn't watch GitS anything, certainly didnt read the original manga series. You can't white wash a raceless character in a story about trasncending humanism and concepts like race. Beside that point they address exactly this issue in the movie anyway, it's literally a plot point. 

These people don't roast anything. They bitch and whine about society just like the "snowflakes" they claim to hate so much. I honestly respect the obnoxious snowflakes more, High Spice might suck massive dick but at least they made something. All you did was whine to your Webcam about someone else's work you didn't watch. 

It's like people who shit on Tommy Wiseau for being a shit director, yea sure, but he at least had the balls to put something out there to be judged. All you do is bitch about people with the balls to be judged. 

Like there is a fine line between being a criticism channel, and being a whiny bitch. It's the difference between being a YongYea and a Jim Sterling or whatever name they go by now. One of them generally has a thoughtful take and logic behind their pisition. And the other one is an emotional nutcase whiny bitch who does nothing but throw temper tantrums over shit they barely understand. 

Edited by RSG3

America loves white pussy; I really doubt Jean will be blackened.  Plus, they already have Storm for a prominent black female.

Unlike many prominent comics franchises, X-Men is pretty diverse. I'd rather they bump up some lesser known or used characters for diversity than race swap.

Sunfire, Thunderbird I,  Neal Shaara, Forge, Maggot, Cecilia Reyes, M, Rictor could be used.

oh yes, folks... we have more Ezra content today...hahaha and I know John actually doesn't like talking about him at this point

whoah, Harloff is on the show today?!  That's a surprise... I know that off-air they happen to be cool with each other.

*edit---oh but yeah, I'm going to laugh hysterically when my prediction about Jean Grey comes true 🤣....I can't wait to hit my old friend with the "told ya so."

Edited by MillionX
2 minutes ago, J-ride said:

The only one of those types I still like is the Critical Drinker but he does share things he likes and he writes his own books so at least he is trying to do something besides be a whiney bitch.  I also think this is a case of "staring too long into the abyss" as you fight an enemy long enough you eventually become the thing you hate.  

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.  

There's a LOT of huge youtubers I have NEVER watched, some I never heard of until I began making content. 

Speaking of big youtubers:

This was hilarious!