Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yea but roasting something was an exception for S&E, so when they did it it was special and that made it entertaining. 

That's all those channels do, and I wouldn't even say they roast much of anything, they whine about the optics of shit, watch them long enough and you'll learn they didn't even watch the thing they are whining about. 

I started cleansing those channels from my feed during the Ghost in the Shell White Washing controversy cuz it was obvious that not only did they not watch the movie, they didn't watch GitS anything, certainly didnt read the original manga series. You can't white wash a raceless character in a story about trasncending humanism and concepts like race. Beside that point they address exactly this issue in the movie anyway, it's literally a plot point. 

These people don't roast anything. They bitch and whine about society just like the "snowflakes" they claim to hate so much. I honestly respect the obnoxious snowflakes more, High Spice might suck massive dick but at least they made something. All you did was whine to your Webcam about someone else's work you didn't watch. 

It's like people who shit on Tommy Wiseau for being a shit director, yea sure, but he at least had the balls to put something out there to be judged. All you do is bitch about people with the balls to be judged. 

Like there is a fine line between being a criticism channel, and being a whiny bitch. It's the difference between being a YongYea and a Jim Sterling or whatever name they go by now. One of them generally has a thoughtful take and logic behind their pisition. And the other one is an emotional nutcase whiny bitch who does nothing but throw temper tantrums over shit they barely understand. 

Listening to Jim Sterling these days so painful. Jim always has to find a way to bitch about capitalism, our everyday actions are political, whatever. He a goddamn broken record and has so much contempt for the job. He should do wrestling full time as that's the only thing that seems to bring him joy.

Tim Burton’s “Wednesday” – First Look at Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzmán as the Parents!

wesssssss.png?w=960&ssl=1

Coming this Halloween season from Netflix, Tim Burton‘s “Wednesday” is a brand new live action take on The Addams Family, with Jenna Ortega (Scream, X) starring as Wednesday Addams. Additionally, Luis Guzmán is Gomez and Catherine Zeta-Jones is Morticia in the series, and Vanity Fair has provided us with our first look at the whole family today.

Meet Tim Burton’s version of the iconic family above, which also includes Isaac Ordonez as Pugsley Addams, and head over to Vanity Fair to see and learn more about the series.

“Wednesday” is described as “a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy.” It’s said to follow…

“Wednesday’s attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships.”

Christina Ricci will also appear in the show, playing a brand new role.

Alfred Gough and Miles Millar (“Smallville”) are writing and showrunning. Burton is directing.

Wednesday Addams has most recently been played by Chloë Grace Moretz in 2019’s animated movie, and earlier in live-action by Lisa Loring on TV and Christina Ricci in the films.

addams-22.png?ssl=1

8 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

America loves white pussy; I really doubt Jean will be blackened.  Plus, they already have Storm for a prominent black female.

Unlike many prominent comics franchises, X-Men is pretty diverse. I'd rather they bump up some lesser known or used characters for diversity than race swap.

Sunfire, Thunderbird I,  Neal Shaara, Forge, Maggot, Cecilia Reyes, M, Rictor could be used.

You know, sometimes I think these leftist producers should just get it over with and turn the entire x-men  black, lgbt and muslim. 

Well...this is an unexpected thing...

https://movieweb.com/superman-lois-jonathan-kent-recast/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0mRUy_rOEb0I7CcTNA6mgEdRdHGtXOKMXeP9XgLW-XfPeJZN3TZGnGEFg#Echobox=1660703150

That guy playing the older(?) blonde son of Lois and Clark Kent... he's out of there.  I have to admit it didn't take long to start thinking "haha what if they make him black next season?" 😆 and started laughing....because you know that's probably what some of the CW suits want to do....then again, the leadership and writing on that show actually seems like they have some sense.  That show surprisingly sticks out in a good way amongst the usual trash on that network.  

eh, they couldn't do it and still have that make sense though, because their 2 sons *have* to be their biological children according to certain story-things there.  If this show were run by the folks behind Batwoman though, they would've tried anyway, despite it being a the dumbest possible solution to the problem of an actor leaving.

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

Telling people you’ve never read the X men without telling people you’ve never read the X men. 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

I haven't kept up ever since AvX, they are all black and gay now? 

You know, i assume that MCU Storm is going to be gay. She will debut in the next black panther movie and instead of hooking up with whoever is the next black panther she will end up with Shuri or whoever Michonne is playing. Disney loves making lesbians. 

Magneto and Prof will be gay too because... leftists.

Edited by zatalcon3

Oh that's the funny thing... they could still have Storm be gay and hook up with Black Panther because... it already looks like Shuri is definitely the new Panther in the upcoming movie (*even though she's not portrayed as a capable fighter in the previous film; we're supposed to ignore that as people bring up "it happened in the comics tho!"  They may also just write-in that she got training off-screen by the Dora Milaje women, and explain it that way.)... then you'd probably hear people defending it by saying "buttttt is it important that it be T'Challah that Storm is romantically involved with...or JUST *a* Black Panther?  Shuri is Panther now soooooooooo...".... there's always an excuse; it's amusing at this point, tbh.

On another note---it shocked the hell out of me that they got Catherine Z. Jones to be Morticia in that new Addams Family thing... accurate casting in the modern era?!?!  It's like a Twilight Zone moment there.  These days I would've expected them to use that as their big chance to put Monique or Viola Davis as Morticia, and Tracy Morgan as Gomez, and Chloe and Halle Bailey as Pugsley and Wednesday.....and Leslie Jones as Lurch, of course.

....but these crazy bastards actually casted Morticia correctly with a person that already looks like a match for the character.  Seriously, I was caught off guard with that shit.

Speaking of that franchise---"The Tango" from the Addams Family Values score is one of my favorite tracks of all time:

ooooh and in looking that up I just found this performance of it:

Edited by MillionX

Rest of the reveals from TF FanStream yesterday...

SS86 G1 Wheelie ($12)

Legacy G1 Skullgrin ($22)

Legacy G1 Pointblank w/ Peacemaker   ($22)

Legacy  G1 Crankcase ($22)

Legacy G1 Dead End  ($22)

Legacy Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Megatron ($54)

4 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

haven't kept up ever since AvX, they are all black and gay now? 

Black no. Some sort of spectrum of queer? Yes. Everyone on Krakoa is sucking and fucking each other. 😂

Magneto and Prof will be gay too because... leftists.

magneto and Chuck have always been two old queens. 😂

Disney loves making lesbians

…do you not? 

Edited by iStu X
22 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Tim Burton’s “Wednesday” – First Look at Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzmán as the Parents!

wesssssss.png?w=960&ssl=1

Coming this Halloween season from Netflix, Tim Burton‘s “Wednesday” is a brand new live action take on The Addams Family, with Jenna Ortega (Scream, X) starring as Wednesday Addams. Additionally, Luis Guzmán is Gomez and Catherine Zeta-Jones is Morticia in the series, and Vanity Fair has provided us with our first look at the whole family today.

Meet Tim Burton’s version of the iconic family above, which also includes Isaac Ordonez as Pugsley Addams, and head over to Vanity Fair to see and learn more about the series.

“Wednesday” is described as “a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy.” It’s said to follow…

“Wednesday’s attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships.”

Christina Ricci will also appear in the show, playing a brand new role.

Alfred Gough and Miles Millar (“Smallville”) are writing and showrunning. Burton is directing.

Wednesday Addams has most recently been played by Chloë Grace Moretz in 2019’s animated movie, and earlier in live-action by Lisa Loring on TV and Christina Ricci in the films.

addams-22.png?ssl=1

I went from not really caring to being completely interested in this trailer.  I'm actually pretty impressed!  They got the feel of the Addams down really well especially with Wednesday in terms of how I imagine she acts.  I definitely want to see how this turns out.

15 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I went from not really caring to being completely interested in this trailer.  I'm actually pretty impressed!  They got the feel of the Addams down really well especially with Wednesday in terms of how I imagine she acts.  I definitely want to see how this turns out.

That’s always been the best thing about the all the Addams family adaptations. From the cartoons, to the live action to the recent CGI. None of them have deviated from source material.

Did they make certain aspects more light hearted? Sure. But the message and tones of the Addams have always been the same across every adaptation. 

If anything they’ve leaned harder to them and made the foundations even stronger by exploring things the original creator, Charles Addams wanted to but couldn’t due to the times. 

Every Addams Family adaptation has arguably been the most accurate comic adaptation ever made and it’s great because the Addams is a timeless classic. 

Edited by iStu X

Thinking more about how leftists infiltrated and corrupted shit in movies and culture. 

What happens if we get a gay wolverine and instead of him trying to bone Jean Grey it's now Cyclops and Cyclops shows shades of falling in the bi-side when Logan flirts with him? That would be shit. They are def going to keep Mystique and Destiny the same as the comics, but one of those girls is going to be black woman calling herself "non-binary" and the other is going to be white.

24 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Thinking more about how leftists infiltrated and corrupted shit in movies and culture. 

What happens if we get a gay wolverine and instead of him trying to bone Jean Grey it's now Cyclops and Cyclops shows shades of falling in the bi-side when Logan flirts with him? That would be shit. They are def going to keep Mystique and Destiny the same as the comics, but one of those girls is going to be black woman calling herself "non-binary" and the other is going to be white.

cyclops, Jean and Logan are all in a relationship with eachother. 😂 and it’s not just they trade off on playing Jean. They fuck too. 

Also there’s been moments where Logan has been intimate with men. You never see it but it’s been hinted at and referenced.  

Iirc in one of the multiverses he’s in a relationship with Hercules and another multiverse where he’s with colossus. 

Mystique might as well be non-binary since she can be anyone. It’d also be 100% believable if she was black. 

like serious. Stop. You know fuck all about X men and comics as a whole.

Comics always been a progressive and inclusive medium and always will be. 

this is literally you right now 

83AF3614-B78A-4D3B-906A-0E87CE3871B4.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

cyclops, Jean and Logan are all in a relationship with eachother. 😂 and it’s not just they trade off on playing Jean. They fuck too. 

Also there’s been moments where Logan has been intimate with men. You never see it but it’s been hinted at and referenced. 

Mystique might as well be non-binary since she can be anyone. 

like serious. Stop. You know fuck all about X men and comics as a whole.

They’ve always been a progressive and inclusive medium and always will be. 

Why is turning everything black and gay progressive?

7 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Why is turning everything black and gay progressive?

This is stuff from the last few years to 20-40 years ago 😂

You not reading and/or paying attention isn’t the comics and creators fault. 

like I said, comics have always been progressive and inclusive, especially titles like X men. It’s not their fault you’re too fucking stupid to realize it 

Edited by iStu X