Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What is it about people named "Joy" that they are usually the most miserable people? I had an ex by that name and it was the same deal, and to this day I have never met a woman named Joy where that name was at all appropriate. Should have just named them "Black Hole."

I know a girl and a drag queen both called Joy. They were full of joy in their 20s but developed depression in their 30s. Think it's the universe having a wink at us.

9 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

For an organization that has been so astonishingly terrible at their core mission they've created more meat-eaters than activists, you have to admire their stubborn dedication to changing absolutely nothing, passionately and arrogant, smug self-righteousness, year after year.

I liked them when they were about stopping the fur industry in the 90s with Pamela Anderson as a spokesperson, but this unholy alliance with the veganism movement just pushed them over the edge this century.

8 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What is it about people named "Joy" that they are usually the most miserable people? I had an ex by that name and it was the same deal, and to this day I have never met a woman named Joy where that name was at all appropriate. Should have just named them "Black Hole."

I've had a theory for years that giving kids "virtue" names sets them up to develop some sort of deeply cynical backlash.  Probably from the disappointment of the world not living up to the implicit expectations that come with that.

Like, back in high school I noticed that if you were really desperate to get laid all you really had to do was be even a little bit nice to any girl named Chastity.

Shit,  I also went to high school with a girl named Liberty, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out now that she's deep into bondage SM culture or similar.

57 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I've had a theory for years that giving kids "virtue" names sets them up to develop some sort of deeply cynical backlash.  Probably from the disappointment of the world not living up to the implicit expectations that come with that.

Like, back in high school I noticed that if you were really desperate to get laid all you really had to do was be even a little bit nice to any girl named Chastity.

Shit,  I also went to high school with a girl named Liberty, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out now that she's deep into bondage SM culture or similar.

Ive had a similar theory actually, although I knew a Chastity in high school that I am pretty sure lived up to the name but she got married pretty early. She helped me get out of school on senior skip day by pretending to be my mom and telling the office I had explosive diarrhea. I knew a "Chassidy" who was a bit of a slut in that using sex to get love kind of way so I guess that balanced it out a bit if you count her name as a bastardized branch of the original.

In keeping with the theory though, there was another chick in high school named "Verity" who, from what I remember, was known to be anything but truthful. Strangely enough, I've never known it to be a thing with dudes, mainly women.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

The Ohio State University engineers at work!  Though I'd be interested in knowing whose at fault for this is because there is usually a ton of structural engineering that gets greenlit before you can add floors to a building.

Edited by J-ride

yeah, I knew of a "Chastity"(spelled differently of course) and she was about as loose and easy as one can expect of a typical hoodrat stereotype.  She was pregnant before high school... I think it was 8th grade, actually.  She was also one of those sad cases that peaked early in life in terms of looks.  She was already over the hill with declining looks by 10th or 11th grade....I'm sure that the fact of having a kid already doesn't help matters there; typically the teen moms start to look "old" super-fast in life.... a real shame there.  She wasn't as severe a case as this other girl I'll abbreviate as "N" though (*her name is incredibly "unique" as per usual with hoodrats)... she also had a kid before high school.  By 11th and 12th grade, she already had that "middle aged mom" look going on.  She was actually better looking than "Chastity", I thought... kinda like a mini-version of Vanessa Williams but with a short hairstyle.

...some more Debbie Downer shit while I reminisce on old times--- the older students when I was in junior high going to high school looked so much better than my generation when we got to be the "upper class" students... it was quite noticeable to me, at least.  The seniors when I was in 8th and 9th grade actually looked like adults already...those girls were HOT....girls walking around looking like Halle Berry, Nicole Ari Parker, Toni Braxton... or the girls from "A Different World", etc.  My school even had a bit of a reputation for having some of the finest girls... but I guess it was on a downward trend, with each new class not looking as good as the previous one.  With my class as the seniors----the % of girls that looked good was way down; it was a tragedy what happened there.... good thing college/university would truly be "A Different World" though... the women on campus there were on a new level and it was insane.

1 minute ago, MillionX said:

yeah, I knew of a "Chastity"(spelled differently of course) and she was about as loose and easy as one can expect of a typical hoodrat stereotype.  She was pregnant before high school... I think it was 8th grade, actually.  She was also one of those sad cases that peaked early in life in terms of looks.  She was already over the hill with declining looks by 10th or 11th grade....I'm sure that the fact of having a kid already doesn't help matters there; typically the teen moms start to look "old" super-fast in life.... a real shame there.  She wasn't as severe a case as this other girl I'll abbreviate as "N" though (*her name is incredibly "unique" as per usual with hoodrats)... she also had a kid before high school.  By 11th and 12th grade, she already had that "middle aged mom" look going on.  She was actually better looking than "Chastity", I thought... kinda like a mini-version of Vanessa Williams but with a short hairstyle.

...some more Debbie Downer shit while I reminisce on old times--- the older students when I was in junior high going to high school looked so much better than my generation when we got to be the "upper class" students... it was quite noticeable to me, at least.  The seniors when I was in 8th and 9th grade actually looked like adults already...those girls were HOT....girls walking around looking like Halle Berry, Nicole Ari Parker, Toni Braxton... or the girls from "A Different World", etc.  My school even had a bit of a reputation for having some of the finest girls... but I guess it was on a downward trend, with each new class not looking as good as the previous one.  With my class as the seniors----the % of girls that looked good was way down; it was a tragedy what happened there.... good thing college/university would truly be "A Different World" though... the women on campus there were on a new level and it was insane.

When I was in in high school, all the boys were pretty!

32 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Why would it even come to that? 

Also the folks saying they will buy a phone from Elon's shop have no real understanding of how those software platforms work. 

Yes definitely trust the phone made by the guy who locks you out of your car when your battery dies and you need to spend 26k on a new one. 

Edited by RSG3

What do different colors do to solve the core problem that you don't know if the person is the person? Off topic, I love how these right-wing retards clearly live in their own reality and Elon bought into it hook, line, and sinker. Fool drank their Kool-Aid and is losing more of his reputation and money by the minute. Edit: I didn't read the whole tweet. He says they'll be manually authenticated. So really, we're back to what it was before Elon, but now you have to pay too.

Anyway, that wasn't my intended question. My question is: as someone who's more into computers and electronics than other things, should I be looking for some last minute deal on Black Friday (surfing amazon), or just wait for Cyber Monday?

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

My question is: as someone who's more into computers and electronics than other things, should I be looking for some last minute deal on Black Friday (surfing amazon), or just wait for Cyber Monday?

Does it matter? IMO both days are one in the same. Just look through what you believe is the best deal. I have never seen anything on sale That made me go "oh man! I should have bought it on Black Friday!" 

haha she was 40 when that dude was born.... already "middle-age" status before that guy was old enough to start going to school 😆  

Cher was pretty damn fine back in her prime though... despite the flaw of having absolutely NO booty.  Normally that's a rather severe flaw but she still looked good, imo.

Oh Ringo is live about that Shanquella case again...

*whoah so if that IG post is actually Dajane (the so-called "friend" that was on video savagely beating her)... she posted that she's innocent and only doing *paid* interviews....

*also---possible extradition:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mexican-prosecutors-seek-extradition-of-shanquella-robinson-suspect-as-call-for-justice-grows/ar-AA14ySiB

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Elon has no idea what he is doing. Taking random business advice from other people and making public declarations of changes he has left unfulfilled. Earlier this week he gave up on a moderation council, blaming the civil rights groups that he had conferences with.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/musk-breaks-promise-to-form-twitter-moderation-panel-blames-activists/

Dude can't even handle a social network platform but he feels he can just make a phone company too.  Yeah I'm sure that will work out.  And that broad who egged him on to say that is dumb as shit.  "The biased, snooping android and Iphone",  you honestly think that Elon's phone isn't going to be monitoring you or doing shit with your info?

A new phone solves nothing.

This is why VPN ads make me laugh. Yes, you route your connection through another city, through another country in another continent. Congratulations. Now the websites you visit have your name, your hardware information, your operating software information, your cookie preferences and more - but now you look like you're searching from France! They will never get you now! Mwahahaha!

What a joke.

You are still giving up most of your information and identifiers. Want to know a great way to obscure your information? Use a fresh system, install Arch Linux, configure a Virtual Machine, configure a Virtual Machine inside your Virtual Machine, use pseudonyms throughout, use cookie blockers, manually block all cookies, throw in a hypervisor config at some point and then you can start browsing. And even then, your interactions with the website will be logged, and while the data is not an accurate representation of you, it is still recording what happens. The only way to get even more secure is to renounce your marriage and go celibate since this is a truly bitchless endeavour anyway.

The reality is, even if Elon's phone truly didn't collect data for him, you'd still be giving your data up somehow because it is simply not cost effective or user-friendly enough to make a phone that uses hardware to make it as heavy as industry wireless landlines from before they stopped coloring Batman's cowl blue.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

I  hope SWBeta is keeping up with TF: Rise of the Beasts news....

Rumor: Possible first look at Optimus Primal robot mode?

WnSxTbr.jpg

zAj7qaN.jpg

So is this what we are getting @EvilCanadianwhen his 200K subscribers? Jokes aside, I remember him stream with a gorilla mask in the past. The Optimus Primal mask is cooler both in a design sense and as well as literally. He could have his gorilla aesthetic without cooking himself. 

25 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

If you logged into anything online, someone (private or government) has your info. Online or anonymous, pick one (sadly this is becoming les of an option day by day)

Neither matter. Anonymity make it harder for other users to identify you, but you are still identifiable to the websites, which is the core issue at hand. Even so, it sucks that anonymity is becoming less of an option even among user-to-user interactions. I say this while using my actual name on almost all the websites I use. Even if your usage is low like mine, it doesn't matter. You're screwed.

Unfortunately, user-to-user interactions don't make up much of those privacy exploitations. The chances of anyone doing anything malicious to me on the basis of my name and location are very low (but nonzero). The chances of my information being exploited for cash that I am not entitled to is absolutely 100%. Even this wouldn't be as big an issue to me as the data "leaks" are. You're telling me that information that I don't want to be sold is accidentally available to other megacorps who I also don't want to have my info and in this whole trail of chicanery I don't even accidentally profit off of myself?

The privacy world is as screwed as online multiplayer on consoles is (I pay for the console, I pay for the game, I pay for the internet, I pay for the monitor, yet I must still pay Sony a monthly subscription to use the things I already paid for?).

There is one way to circumvent all of this. Do as @Chadoukensaid. Turn on incognito mode. It will delete all megacorps from existence.

That was also over 80 years ago and they've been against that horseshit ever since. That's like ignoring Ford has donated ass loads of money to education about the holocaust and the Nazis after Henry Ford helped the Germans with the Peoduction Assembly Line and then was horrified to learn about the concentration camps. 

That's a really stupid response from Hodgetwins and Elon. That girls talking about 2022, not 1937. 

Edited by RSG3

You know about those art AIs that are used to make art of hot anime chicks?

There's this whole subgenre of AI generated art where the AI makes some kind of big fuckup in interpreting what a human is supposed to look like, and it leads to what I like to call "biblically accurate women".

The other one I really like is the one where there's this torso with huge tits, but where the neck should be starts a second smaller torso (also with big, but relatively smaller tits) and this one actually has a head, but I can't find it right now.

Interesting times.

35 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Her being a derp doesn't devalue her point nor does it it make Hodgetwins or Elons any less stupid and frankly completely irrelevant. 

what point does she have? so if a company did bad decades ago doesn't matter 60 years later, but only recent things do, where is the line? how long before a company is excused of their past? The fact that both car companies apologized excuses things? the fact that ford poured money back into reeducation excuses things? 

each major company has or still engages in bad business behavior so nothing major is clean and she's acting like she did something noble. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
43 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

what point does she have?

What do you mean it's right there in her post. Selling your products on a platform that promotes hate and white supremecy is a bad business model. That's her point, it's clear as fucking day. 

so if a company did bad decades ago doesn't matter 60 years later, but only recent things do, where is the line?

If that company spends a bunch of time & resources righting that wrong yea it doesn't matter as much.  Do we get to hold what shitty thing you did as a young teenager against you in your 40s, 50, 60s, how about you 80s if you no longer engage in that behavior? 

As for the line, it's where every individual sets it for themselves. My line probably isn't your line but I still have one and I don't really care where yours or anyone else's is drawn. Set your own line, be your own conscience, be your own guide. You set your own lines. 

The fact that both car companies apologized excuses things?

Yes. That's literally what forgiveness is all about. 

the fact that ford poured money back into reeducation excuses things? 

Yes, because they try to increase education on the subject so we hopefully don't repeat it. They work to make up for their sins. If we hold someone's sins against them the rest of their lives what motivation to they have to ever do better? 

each major company has or still engages in bad business behavior so nothing major is clean and she's acting like she did something noble

She never said any of them where noble she said products being pushed along side hate and white supremecy wasn't a winning model and that she really liked her new car over her old one.

She never said anything about nobility. She chose what she feels is the lesser evil between the two. 

Edited by RSG3
30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What do you mean it's right there in her post. Selling your products on a platform that promotes hate and white supremecy is a bad business model. That's her point, it's clear as fucking day. 

Where's the promotion? 🤔 the lesser or two evils is still evil. 🤷‍♂️

If you have bought anything from a major company you have already engaged in helping them perpetuate something you don't like. She already bought the Tesla and sold it back. The damage has already been done. She's still a derp, her argument is flawed. we ALL engage in indirectly promoting business practices that if we look deep into, are bad...but we consume anyway. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
32 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

She never said anything about nobility. She chose what she feels is the lesser evil between the two. 

She bought an ev from the company that got caught cooking the books on its emissions tests. If you're going to virtue signal about this, maybe don't buy from THAT company either.

She's worried about "lol whyte soopreemacy" but buys from the company that has Nazi roots. And before you handwave that fact, remember that it's people like her who regularly enforce this one-drop rule that if at any point, someone or some company does something bad, we should write them off entirely.

Edited by DoctaMario