Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

So, this was the latest I heard about that Walmart shooting... he was a supervisor and called a meeting to get them all conveniently in 1 spot... also he had been working there for 12 years... that in itself sounds rather depressing to me; to work for Walmart of all places for 12 years, even though he did move up at least.  I knew someone that worked there forever and never had any ambition to apply for promotions (*same guy that has a ridiculous chip on his shoulder about the employer/employee relationship, btw....so even if he did apply there's no way he would've made it...ha, that guy was quite a "character" for all kinds of reasons, really)

*Death Note---but no word on which shinigami he got it from, btw.

*That reporter Lissette Nunez should get more fame, btw ...so we can keep tabs 👀

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, the really impressive thing is that the guy had the presence of mind to protect his attacker's head like that.

Personally, my Haki would have put him in a coma before he even approached me. Amateurs!

For real though, I've learned some Jiu Jitsu and some BJJ moves for self defence because people are stupid enough to pick fights and moronic enough to think they can win. It's a scary world out there.

EDIT:
Please, everyone, learn how to do a rear naked choke (blood choke version), a guillotine, and both arm and leg triangle chokes. I have yet to get proficient in those last two. All of these are possible in a tussle, so it's on you to get there. Lucky for you, real fighters don't like picking street fights. That means only tough guys try it, and they'll leave themselves open. You don't need fight IQ to win there. You just need... any IQ. Bait them into chasing you, take a punch, put them to sleep.

Edited by Dayaan
1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

For real though, I've learned some Jiu Jitsu and some BJJ moves for self defence because people are stupid enough to pick fights and moronic enough to think they can win. It's a scary world out there.

EDIT:
Please, everyone, learn how to do a rear naked choke (blood choke version), a guillotine, and both arm and leg triangle chokes. I have yet to get proficient in those last two. All of these are possible in a tussle, so it's on you to get there. Lucky for you, real fighters don't like picking street fights. That means only tough guys try it, and they'll leave themselves open. You don't need fight IQ to win there. You just need... any IQ. Bait them into chasing you, take a punch, put them to sleep.

You have good advice on how to survive the suburbs but none of that is going to work in da hood. Especially against hood rats who are really fat and if you are successful at defending yourself with BJJ moves you will likely be labeled as a racist afterwards. 

51 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

You have good advice on how to survive the suburbs but none of that is going to work in da hood. Especially against hood rats who are really fat and if you are successful at defending yourself with BJJ moves you will likely be labeled as a racist afterwards. 

In da hood I will just get shot and fucking die which is a damn mercy compared to trying to choke a fat guy whose rolls are choking me back. Suburb warfare it is.

2 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

lol in the hood the second you're on the ground 5 dudes will start stomping and kicking you, and at least one guy is trying to put a shard of glass in your eye.

And that's only if nobody has a knife or gun to begin with, because those can come out too. Or the worst one, that little guy gangs always send to pick fights, that light matches and try to burn people's clothes. If said person reacts the entire gang jumps on them.

No, the only way you will get by is to run with your own crew/be known that you're protected. You're not going to get by trying to fight "honorable" fights or rolling on the ground. That's shit people talk about on the internet, not real life, tbh suburb or not. Only difference with the suburb is the cops will actually show up, beat down any minority they find, and throw them in jail. And then lawsuits and other stuff that discourage anyone from fighting to begin with (anyone that will actually stick around, and the people that don't live there the cops take care of).

Even though it is actually often a liability in fighting, the best thing you can do if you're not carrying a gun is to work on your upper body, chest and arms especially. For whatever reason this will for the most part deter any bullshit sent your way. Probably because the dudes that can actually fight tend to avoid it, and the ones that can't think WWE is real fighting and equate bodybuilder physique to fight skill.

14 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Strange world has been bombing hard. But I don't know how much Disney cares about this movie. Very little merch in the theme parks for what is a holiday theatrical release. That and I see no kids in park with any merch we do havr

🤔

Yeah, the movie wasn't getting promoted well, and what promotion there was was trash. I also hear it's not that good either. But that tweet is just him screaming "WOKE!" with extra steps. Ain't no fucking way a kid said that.

6 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Personally, my Haki would have put him in a coma before he even approached me. Amateurs!

EDIT:

My plan is to go back to self defense classes to expand some MMA training, which is more than just using that for the set. Pressure points, to weak spots from the anatomy when the aggressor is vulnerable to them. I still cherish that practice from first learning that close to 20 years ago. 

I'm more curious about learning to wield gothic claws, scythes, and other satanic weapons. My delight...

Edited by Emptyeyes_
42 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

My plan is to go back to self defense classes to expand some MMA training, which is more than just using that for the set. Pressure points, to weak spots from the anatomy when the aggressor is vulnerable to them. I still cherish that practice from first learning that close to 20 years ago. 

I'm more curious about learning to wield gothic claws, scythes, and other satanic weapons. My delight...

That's awesome, but please use less Satanic weapons. One verse from the Quran or one manslut walking around with a cross for an earring will vaporise you.

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Yeah, the movie wasn't getting promoted well, and what promotion there was was trash. I also hear it's not that good either. But that tweet is just him screaming "WOKE!" with extra steps. Ain't no fucking way a kid said that.

See, now this is an excellent lesson for the writers out there in writing dialogue in a way that your character would actually say it. If he'd said something like "10 minutes in, my son said, 'Dad, this movie sucks shit, let's go, I don't wanna watch this.'" then that would have been believable. Only way the kid would have said what he wrote in that tweet is if his son was this guy:

spacer.png

5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Strange world has been bombing hard. But I don't know how much Disney cares about this movie. Very little merch in the theme parks for what is a holiday theatrical release. That and I see no kids in park with any merch we do havr

🤔

It's weird how Disney promoted it, all they had were the vague trailers on TV. It really is bizarre how they ignored this movie, especially when it came out on an important box office weekend. I had to look it up on IMDB to find out that Jake Gyllenhal, Gabrielle Union and Alan Tudyk were voice acting in this. Reports are coming in that the movie is expected to be a 100 million dollar loss.

Edited by Jurassic

Spider-man's Greatest Moments: Video Edition

Kraven the Hunter has stalked and killed every animal known to man. But there is one beast that has eluded him. One quarry that has mocked him at every turn: the wall-crawling web-slinger known as Spider-Man. And to prove that he is the hero's master, he will pull on his costume and become him...after he shoots and buries him six feet under!

Comic Tropes presents Kraven's Last Hunt  (1987)!

One of the best Spidey comic covers in part 4..

0327b28baa68833b78f5e55decc33aaf-800.jpg

Edited by DangerousJ
32 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Spider-man's Greatest Moments: Video Edition

Kraven the Hunter has stalked and killed every animal known to man. But there is one beast that has eluded him. One quarry that has mocked him at every turn: the wall-crawling web-slinger known as Spider-Man. And to prove that he is the hero's master, he will pull on his costume and become him...after he shoots and buries him six feet under!

Comic Tropes presents Kraven's Last Hunt  (1987)!

This was the first comic I ever borrowed from a friend. It was a far cry from what I was used to. Watching Kraven go insane and then killing himself was my first "real" exposure to insanity and suicide as a kid. This was alarming and I really enjoyed it. The highlight of the artwork in this arc was... the highlights. The way Mike Zeck manipulated light with occlusion and other brilliantly contrasting sources added more to the atmosphere than the darkness itself.

In art there is a rule that black is far too overpowering a shade to be used in illustration frequently. This was the first time I saw that rule broken. For the first time, light overpowered the page. Beautiful.

I didn't watch the video you linked but I imagine it praises the arc in ways that I could probably echo.

18 hours ago, Chadouken said:

For real, you don't like revolvers? I love revolvers- they're so fun to shoot! I sleep with a 357 mag on my bedside table. 

I love revolvers.  I own several, I personally am really fond of the 60s and 70s era Smith and Wessons.  They were like a fine made watch back then.  The only thing better IMO are the Dan Wesson revolvers, but they are so expensive now I don't want to shoot mine.

Edited by J-ride