Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Maybe the guy put too much energy into it. I think if he dialed it down from 10 to a 5 he would've gotten the same effect. He was practically hitting a child in terms of body weight difference.

Having said that, I don't think anyone should hit anyone but you go and diss his mom too? She was asking for it.

He def could have brought it back from the prob 70% but still end of the day, she shouldn't have slapped without the expectation of retaliation.

Edited by Sonichuman
45 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Maybe the guy put too much energy into it. I think if he dialed it down from 10 to a 5 he would've gotten the same effect. He was practically hitting a child in terms of body weight difference.

Having said that, I don't think anyone should hit anyone but you go and diss his mom too? She was asking for it.

He could have but when someone hits you you're really under no obligation to pull your punches *shrug*

yo.

im watching mass effect 2 playthru on yt. and as im watching the complexities of social science. and how hundreds of years in the future when we have aliens from different planets. and species. living and working on planet earth. and like. how all the forbidden stuff u can say, in public. regarding other races. how thats gonna be included when dealing with such alien species.

and i imagined the scenario where.

someone white like docmario. how he would b working in some cubicle. and he utters some shit like " maaaan, these damn greys. these big headed bug eyed assholes are rubbin me th wrong way with their brown nosing up to the boss.

and the grey working in the next cubicle manages to hear him, makes a phone call to the boss to complain.

and next thing you know.

"uh ..docmario, boss wants to see u in his office."

doc goes to the boss'es office.

boss: "sit down mr mario."

doc: "whats up? why did u wanna see me?"

boss: "uh, we've gotten reports about you tossing around racist remarks, or at least deroggatory remarks about fellow co workers."

doc "?"

boss: "you have been overheard saying the g-word." 

doc: "huh? what g word?"

boss: "the ebens dont appreciate THAT word. i'm sorry but this company is gonna haveta let you go."

doc: "but but...i didnt..."

boss: "please dont make this more difficult upon yourself. this company cant afford to lose its integrity. just clear out your desk before the end of the day"

doc: "but but i heard virgindefiler say the word grey all the time!"

boss: "yes. but hes a minority. see, minorities can say anything they want. including using certain words amongst themselves and other minorities. see. in the 20th century, minorities. namely blacks, hispanics and asians could use the n-word and it was ok. but not whites...and you sir, are white. virgin defiler is non white so he can toss the g word around. you....cant. now please leave my office"

and as docmario carries his cardboard box full of his workplace personal items and stuff....the grey that overheard him sayin the g-word says.."i'm getting promoted because of what happened..affirmative action bitch haha"

while sittin back with his feet on the desk.

then doc, being depressed about losing his job over lettin the g-word slip at work.. decides to go to the movie theater. and whats playing you ask?

DANCES...WITH XENOMORPHS.

starring kevin costner.

a film where one white soldier, stationed on a remote far away planet, befriends a tribe of primitive aliens that finds him weird, but likable. and adopt him into their tribe.

oh wait. we dont haveta wait hundreds of years for that movie to b made. hollywood already did. its called AVATAR.

51 minutes ago, Daemos said:

For sure, but comments acting like he's a hero for doing it. He isn't.

He's definitely not, but guys are forced to learn early on that you don't cross that line with someone you know could beat your ass. A lot of women don't seem to learn this and think they can do and say anything and everything to someone bigger and stronger than them without any repercussions. Talking that amount of shit to some dude and then taking a swipe thinking he won't hit you is some kamikaze shit.

Edited by DoctaMario

my point is that. even in the distant future. when mankind will be dealing with his interstellar neighbors. many things will change. 

among society. and the hardest science. which is social science. all the rules will still apply.

including certain people(whites) not being allowed to say certain things about other races(aliens). 

no matter what changes, no matter what happens. one thing is sure.

white people will not be allowed to be cool enough to use certain words. 

yet, minorities can.

god i wish there were more films about this subject. of the complexity of social science. and how certain factions, namely minorities are somehow allowed to toss derrogatory words. with no fear of reprecussions. while other factions that are the majority, simply cant use these certain words.

only movies i can think of about shit like this is...enemy mine. and alien nation.

That would indeed be interesting to see how much more complex the era of people attempting to "cancel" others becomes once aliens are in the picture, living openly with the human species.  I think most are more concerned with just the issue of whether or not the other species would all be generally "friendly" with us or not....because that's clearly a death sentence if a species with such superior tech is either malevolent or ambivalent and views humanity as an "obstacle" in the way of their objectives.

My guess is that there would just be good old fashioned scientific curiosity driving them, like any other human-like beings that were looking around and stumbled upon a new planet that is loaded up with an interesting variety of living things, with one supreme species that is similar to them.  I imagine it's the same as if humans found another world that is loaded with various lifeforms like our home planet...we'd keep sending drones and eventually astronaut/explorers to study what's going on over there.

another thing to consider, regarding who can use certain words, is the location of where said person, grew up.

for example.

can a grey alien use the n-word..if he grew up in north dakota.

the answer is prob no.

but if said grey alien grew up in compton. yes.. yes he can use the n word.

location of where u grew up in matters. but also coolnes factor.

like mike pence can never ever say the n-word. cuz hes alotta things but cool aint one. he is lit the opposite of cool.

but bruce lee. being the off the charts ultra cool mofo he was. could use the n word anytime he wanted n no one would ever say nothin. he is allowed. his coolness factor lets him say anything he wants.

coolness factor and where u grew up determines alot about what words u can say.

damn all this is interesting. social science is such a fascinating thing.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

another thing to consider, regarding who can use certain words, is the location of where said person, grew up.

for example.

can a grey alien use the n-word..if he grew up in north dakota.

the answer is prob no.

but if said grey alien grew up in compton. yes.. yes he can use the n word.

location of where u grew up in matters. but also coolnes factor.

like mike pence can never ever say the n-word. cuz hes alotta things but cool aint one. he is lit the opposite of cool.

but bruce lee. being the off the charts ultra cool mofo he was. could use the n word anytime he wanted n no one would ever say nothin. he is allowed. his coolness factor lets him say anything he wants.

What about Tarantino? Because he says that shit all the time 😂

13 hours ago, Daemos said:

Women need to respect size differences when they start shit.  I don't step up to bigger guys than me and expect mercy.  This is probably the first time she's faced consequences.

Edited by J-ride
Just now, J-ride said:

Women need to respect size differences when they start shit.  I don't step up to bigger guys than me and expect mercy.

No one should expect mercy, but to give it can be true strength. I am not addressing the women here, that one is a fool and we are in agreement. I am however addressing the men. 

I think he could've dialed it and still send the message that she is in over her head and has crossed a line. But my perspective is distorted, maybe they were drunk, maybe this man has been abused for a long time, and he has been merciful all those times until now. There are too many factors here. But I would hope that men fully grasp the power they wield and use it wisely. The goal isn't to not be dangerous, but to tame that side under our will.

@DaemosI don't think how hard he hit has anything to do with the reaction. It's the fact that he did hit her. Society trains boys to know that hitting someone has consequences. Conversely, society trains girls that hitting boys has zero consequences. Society treats female to male violence as a joke. 

Now for something lighter. Apparently Jennifer Lawrence is the first female action star. I guess I imagined Alien, Red Sonja, Terminator 2, and the numerous Cynthia Rothrock and Michelle Yeoh films I watched in my youth. I even imagined a movie called Yes, Madam with Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock in it. Damn, I have a helluva imagination.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/jennifer-lawrence-sparks-backlash-falsely-claiming-first-woman-lead-ac-rcna60720

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I think he could've dialed it and still send the message that she is in over her head and has crossed a line.

not funny transformers GIF

She run up and got done up. We all saw that she "retreated" to her corner and exited the situation on her own power. It was an immediate retaliation at that. I don't think violence is the way, but she assaulted him and he retaliated. 

Cross counter FTW.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

But I would hope that men fully grasp the power they wield and use it wisely. The goal isn't to not be dangerous, but to tame that side under our will.

In that same vein, you should carefully think about using force as an option regardless of the person's size or stature.  Don't become a measurable outcome. 

FeddAaAacAAjVa0.jpg

Edited by OPTIMUS124

heh, I was just about to mention it--- surely J. Lawrence had trouble articulating what she wanted to say....unless she really is that dumb to think there was no female-led action film before her.  Anyone can refute that just going on short-term memory....actual thorough research not even needed.

Edited by MillionX
2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

heh, I was just about to mention it--- surely J. Lawrence had trouble articulating what she wanted to say....unless she really is that dumb to think there was no female-led action film before her.  Anyone can refute that just going on short-term memory.

It was a 45 minute long interview. To quote my mom. "She's dumb as a box of rocks."

17 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

In that same vein, you should carefully think about using force as an option regardless of the person's size or stature.  Don't become a measurable outcome. 

That's what I was thinking about my brothers ex girlfriend yesterday. Like you didn't think this through at all did you? Yoy threatened you would get your dad to come here and kick my ass? If I was a shitty person...what are you gonna do while I "beat your ass" as we wait for your daddy to arrive? Threats have little weight when the subtext behind them is "You just wait till my backup arrives!" Like yea ok...but what you gonna do until then?

It's the same with that girl hitting that dude. Hey you just hit him as hard as you could and he armored through that shit like Potemkin, and guess what, he got Meter...now what? 

A lot of men and women would save themselves a fuck load of trouble if they would stop for one second and just ask themselves what plan B is if their initial plan doesn't go the way they think it will. 

Edited by RSG3
23 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

From what I understand he's being held on espionage cuz he stole 10k from a Russian ally. Gonna be a lot harder to get him out. 

I'm not saying that isn't the case but again it's been 4 years. It didn't seem like they really put forth an earnest effort to get him released until the Brittany Griner situation happened. If they put the same effort to get him released, especially since this would have been before the Russian-Ukrainian War, I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be home by now.

Edit: Whelan's really screwed. Since his incident happened when Trump was in office, Democrats and Republicans put more effort into using him as a political hot potato than getting him free. Republicans will chide Democrats for getting Griner free and not Whelan. Democrats will say we got someone released you did nothing for two years. None of which has anything to do with the price of eggs. Dude served in the Marines, cut the bullshit and get the man home.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Chadouken said:

I just thought of something that probably seems very obvious to most people. I wonder if Trump shitting all over John McCain, even after he died, had anything up do with why he lost Arizona.

I think it played a key part in Kari Lake losing, she shit on McCain at one her rally before the election and did not get the response she was expecting. 

McCains really well loved here, that shit didn't fly when Trump said it either so I dunno why Kari thought it would work for her. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now for something lighter. Apparently Jennifer Lawrence is the first female action star. I guess I imagined Alien, Red Sonja, Terminator 2, and the numerous Cynthia Rothrock and Michelle Yeoh films I watched in my youth. I even imagined a movie called Yes, Madam with Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock in it. Damn, I have a helluva imagination.

The Hunger Games first came out in 2012. Even if you did avoid all the movies you listed because they are seen as old, you will still have the Kill Bill series, Columbiana, Tomb Raider with Angela Jolie, GI Jane, Charlie’s Angels, and probably a lot more that were made. It’s just a stupid statement.

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

The Hunger Games first came out in 2012. Even if you did avoid all the movies you listed because they are seen as old, you will still have the Kill Bill series, Columbiana, Tomb Raider with Angela Jolie, GI Jane, Charlie’s Angels, and probably a lot more that were made. It’s just a stupid statement.

She better be glad I'm not one of her co-stars. I bring this to set for the cast and crew to play. "No, Jennifer you can't play. We already know the answer to the question is yes"

IMG_5943.jpg

10 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

J Law lost relevance after her handler Harvey W. Was exposed. Once he was gone, her roles diminished and people began to see her skills were mediocre at best. 

She reminds me of Vin Diesel post XXX. He thought he was bigger than he was and ended up having to crawl back to the Fast & Furious franchise which he's been milking the hell out of ever since. In her case, she could maximized the role of Mystique if she actually gave a damn. Mailing it in on those movies may ultimately bite her in the ass. Even if it's for show, as an actor, you want at least present yourself as caring about your fans. Fan support can go along way with studios. Having a significant following is good leverage to have as an actor.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

not funny transformers GIF

She run up and got done up. We all saw that she "retreated" to her corner and exited the situation on her own power. It was an immediate retaliation at that. I don't think violence is the way, but she assaulted him and he retaliated....

Look I have a daughter and I expect boys to treat her a certain way, but I make it pretty clear to her that boys are stronger and she shouldn't expect to walk all over them/hit them for free.  This whole you can't hit girls nonsense they taught us growing up has these females out here acting wild because they never got chin checked.  I have zero sympathy for women when they start violence like this and get taught a lesson in realness. 

Start shit get hit.    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

J Law lost relevance after her handler Harvey W. Was exposed. Once he was gone, her roles diminished and people began to see her skills were mediocre at best. 

You know, I always wondered if she was one of the ones who made a deal with the devil...err, I mean Harvey Weinstein. She seemed to come out of nowhere  and get top billing roles unless I just wasn't paying attention and she'd done a lot of stuff before.

MK Fatality Thoughts:

MK2:  (1993)

Kung Lao  "Sagittal Slice" - (my unofficial name lol)

This was arguably one of my favorite Fatalities bc the effect was unique at the time.

Most finishers either decapitated, separated the torso, or exploded the corpse into "chunks"

Cutting down the middle was simple and stylish.

Most Improved: Liu Kang "Dragon" Fatality

With MK2, most karacters had 2 fatalities and then stage finishers/babalities/friendships.

Liu's cartwheel uppercut was one of the worst in MK1- it wasnt gory, the screen didnt darken-it basically looked like a special move.

Thankfully, the second fatality rectified this. I still think of it as his signature finishing move.

Shang Tsung - Kintaro Punch

Hold lp for 30 seconds - Crazy!  

I thought this was BS initially, but I tried it in versus with 2 controllers and 

Reptile - "Eat"

First one I saw in the arcade waiting to play.

That Harvey W. thing was weird. How can anybody not be skeptical about the majority of those women me tooing him?   We saw the videos of Jlaw and most of those actresses going "thank you, i love you harvey"  during award shows. Then when his scandal hits the media, these same actresses suddenly turn around and talk about what a sick creep he is. 

The fuck is that? I Think those girls had no problem giving their ass to him in return for fame. Open your eyes everyone!

Harvey probably pissed someone who is of higher rank in their illuminati cult and got punished for it. 

Edited by zatalcon3