Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

37 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I got the vaccine today. My job hooked me up. I'm chilling in the wait room to see if I get any I'll side effects from this. I gonna come back in a month for a second shot and two weeks after that I should get my immunity. 

Aren't you in Mexico? Did you get the Pfeizer vaccine? I read a physician was now in intensive care after getting  the Pfeizer vaccine. Rather wait for the Moderna one.

What's the latest news on her condition?

https://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/doctora-continua-en-terapia-intensiva-tras-recibir-vacuna-anticovid/1425067

Edited by AriesWarlock
43 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Aren't you in Mexico? Did you get the Pfeizer vaccine? I read a physician was now in intensive care after getting  the Pfeizer vaccine. Rather wait for the Moderna one.

What's the latest news on her condition?

https://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/doctora-continua-en-terapia-intensiva-tras-recibir-vacuna-anticovid/1425067

I'm in New York lol.

Moderna was the vaccine I was given according to my vaccination card.

19 hours ago, KingTubb said:

After about 2 years of fighting games and being on these forums, the shock of that set starts to fade. 

Too many FGC people don't know how to say "Yeah, I suck, Imma bounce" on stuff. 

for real.  Just admit today isn't your day, Say "GG's", and roll out.  nope, he traded his "L" in for a bigger "L".  

EDIT:  This isn't my favorite erron black player, but more than good.  Dude got assraped by the furry, didn't shut up, then got spun around to get the dick and pistols in the mouf.  That is what the ancient natives used to call a bad day at work.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
18 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL welcome to old school fighting games. You needed a ouji board to figure shit out in the 90s

Yeah I know some codes are out there but not as obscure and specific like this.  There are plebty of codes that have a good chance of being stumbled over...This one was clearly put in with no chance of anyone finding it.

'Turn your game on, reset the console, walk outside and run a mile, bake a cake and make sure the sprinkles are set exactly 3 centimeters apart, sacrifice a goat, come back and do the hokey pokey and if you completed all this within 10 minutes then congrats!!!  You've unlocked Shin Dan!'

11 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah I know some codes are out there but not as obscure and specific like this.  There are plebty of codes that have a good chance of being stumbled over...This one was clearly put in with no chance of anyone finding it.

'Turn your game on, reset the console, walk outside and run a mile, bake a cake and make sure the sprinkles are set exactly 3 centimeters apart, sacrifice a goat, come back and do the hokey pokey and if you completed all this within 10 minutes then congrats!!!  You've unlocked Shin Dan!'

I don't man. I remember those go to this character, wait 3 seconds, go to next character wait 3 seconds etc. etc. Listen for  some sort so "ding" sound and go to last character hit some specific button type codes.

44 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's how a lot of codes were back then. SFA2 for SNES just wasn't popular. Most people. I knew had it for Saturn or PS1.

It wasn't popular because it barely ran.

The port is a technological marvel because it runs at all on such limited hardware -- but it's so cut back and runs so slowly that it's not worth playing.  Code was probably never discovered because nobody cared about that version of the game in the first place. 🤣

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

This code is obscure AF.  How the hell was anyone supposed to find this out? Lol

In the old days most codes were not discovered by players.  Developers would tell them to gaming publications, and people would find out about them through magazines and guides.

I never thought SFA 2 for the SNES was a good port. SSF II was already kinda pushing it to its' limit, but A2 was kinda overdoing it. I mean, the game is not UNPLAYABLE like, say, Rise of the Robots, but considering that it was released in the final days of the SNES and that there were better ports out in the market already.

Also, it does not even emulate the A2 experience that well either (game speed is so slow that CCs feel kinda nerfed as a result)

sheeeitttt, I didn't even know it existed on the snes.  I only had the Playstation version... same goes for others I knew back then...most gamers had already moved on to the Playstation era, even though snes was a legendary system.

haha, I remember renting Rise of the Robots on playstation back then... it was so terrible it was fascinating.... disappointing too, as I thought the graphics looked cool at the time, and the concept of a fighting game with all robots (with that 90s era "smooth-cgi" graphics, like that show "Reboot") was something that appealed to me right away.

...that's some nostalgia for ya right there... those ol' days when trips to Blockbuster to rent games or movies was a typical weekend thing... I preferred to rent during the week though to avoid the usual Friday crowds.  Ha, imagine how weird the "Blockbuster" era sounds now to the Z generation, or whatever they call the latest batch of youngins.  I'm sure there's a youtube channel that has already done some reaction videos to that sort of thing. (there was one channel that had a video of "kids reacting to old tech" which was hilarious, seeing them bewildered by this oddball contraption called a "rotary phone")

4 hours ago, Lantis said:

I never thought SFA 2 for the SNES was a good port. SSF II was already kinda pushing it to its' limit, but A2 was kinda overdoing it. I mean, the game is not UNPLAYABLE like, say, Rise of the Robots, but considering that it was released in the final days of the SNES and that there were better ports out in the market already.

Also, it does not even emulate the A2 experience that well either (game speed is so slow that CCs feel kinda nerfed as a result)

I rented it, just to see how good of a port it was. It had load times fam. A cartridge game with load times. They were worse than my Saturn's load times on top of that.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

The only copies of sf I ever had until the PS2 collections were CE, New Challengers and Alpha 3. I loved street fighter and I knew how to do the moves but I never knew there was a huge community for it. Not until I was about 13- 14 when I stumbled across the combo videos website as well as a few other sites that had uploads of tournaments. 

The fact there was such a huge competitive scene for a series I loved blew my mind and that’s when I really started to pay attention to fighters. I started going to the arcades and really analyzing how people played as well as discovered so many other games I wanted to be competitive in. 

MvC2 was the game that kicked down the door when it came to me wanting to be hyper competitive in fighters though. The others (ST, CvS2, 3S  and going back to older fighters to learn their meta) didn’t really come until after. 

I do know as a kid though whenever I’d visit my cousins in the summer we usually played fighters until tempers were getting the better of us. Then we’d play beat em up’s until cooler heads prevailed. Our usual fighters were Weapon Lord, MK2, Eternal Champions and TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES) 

Edited by iStu X

I played A2 with friends and did do well against my friend group, as well as XvSF I'd go to different arcades, but I wasn't really world beater at them. Also arcade culture was wonky back then, people hated if you threw.

I didn't start really getting competitive until CvS1, and didn't really get good until CvS2, which I was pretty strong at, as well as KOF98 for a couple of years. I played some GGX and 3S around then too, mostly in college. 3S we didn't really play all that much, and the dude that was really good at that game usually just stuck to that. When I'd head to CTF, apparently he was a big name because when he'd pop by and greet me the animosity from the 3s players would just evaporate and they'd usually just give me round 2 to win. I pretty much only played that while waiting for my turn at CvS2. When 3s guy would challenge me to CvS2 I'd beat him but he'd do stuff like hit my start button and just laugh. CTF 3s crew could be suuuuuper hostile though back then. You could feel the intensity.

I remember some regular dude in the arcades getting super pissed by me doing low HP as a anti-air. Like WTF dude LOL

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I rented it, just to see how good of a port it was. It had loud times fam. A cartridge game with load times. They were worse than my Saturn's load times on top of that.

I wish I could say it was the first time I encountered load times in a cartridge (and a fighting game no less), but alas, I had already played SNES Fatal Fury 1 which (surprise surprise) had load times (it even had an on-screen loading message too LMAO)

I learned to play in 7-11's. My cousin and I would bike around Tucson and hit up every 7-11 gas station store we could find, as well as Nickle Arcade (every game was a fucking nickle yo) and play. 

I wouldn't say I was ever strong in any fighting game I've played. I have good fundamentals and learn some combos for the character I play but never felt the desire to spend hours in practice mode or learn the hardest combos. I'm just ok. Fighting games are super great and I've gone to tournaments to play but it was more to meet like minded people and play videogames. I've always been relatively casual at them. 

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I learned to play in 7-11's. My cousin and I would bike around Tucson and hit up every 7-11 gas station store we could find, as well as Nickle Arcade (every game was a fucking nickle yo) and play. 

I wouldn't say I was ever strong in any fighting game I've played. I have good fundamentals and learn some combos for the character I play but never felt the desire to spend hours in practice mode or learn the hardest combos. I'm just ok. Fighting games are super great and I've gone to tournaments to play but it was more to meet like minded people and play videogames. I've always been relatively casual at them. 

when I first moved to Washington our K-Mart (god I’m old) had Children of the Atom and it blew my mind. When we first moved to Washington my mom was the head pharmacist of said K-Mart. So every now and again when she had a half day she’d let me come with her so I could play Children of the Atom for like 3-4 hours. 

I'm getting my first dose of the vaccine on Tuesday.  My practice pulled through big time and I'm in a state that's taking this matter seriously.

30 more days and I can go to the gym again with a clear conscience.  I still pop in from time to time but as cases have risen I've been doing more home/neighborhood workouts until the vaccine is in my veins.  

It would be interesting to see if we ever find out more info about the "greys" and whoever else has been occasionally visiting at some point in our lifetime.  

Also... imagine if the beings we see as alien/greys are really more of an AI/construct that was produced for the purpose of piloting the craft.  This would make sense, imo...since an AI could survive the long periods of time involved with interstellar travel, unlike a typical flesh and blood creature (*but of course that's assuming they don't just have naturally long lifespans compared to anything here; what if it is "normal" for them is to live for thousands of years?  Also, considering how fast their ships can zip around, perhaps time also isn't much of an issue for them anyway... like traveling from one star system to another is no big deal for such a species.... perhaps an average feat for them, like how we consider the act of driving to a nearby restaurant in a few minutes.)

On a quick VTM note; I was finally able to acquire the "V5 Companion" that was released in December...a free pdf addition to Vampire v5 rules/lore... this addition is all about Ravnos, Tzimisce and the Salubri clans, along with some new stuff about ghouls and mortals in terms of game mechanics (haha, but who would play Vampire just to be a regular human? Get outta heah with that foolishness🤣)... I haven't finished reading it yet but I'm already checking out some reactions from fans in a forum...

Salubri clan continues to be an awful choice, imo... no way in the world I'd be one of those.

Ravnos clan is associated with trickery and illusions; you could pull off some Aizen Sosuke shenanigans as one of those... but their curse is terribly harsh---they gradually burn to death if resting in the same place more than once in a week (*this pushes them more towards the concept of being nomads, never staying in one place for too long.

Edited by MillionX

Speaking of ufo's, watching an anime called Otherside picnic that is based of a light novel that reimagines another novel called Roadside Picnic about aliens coming to earth and chilling for a 2 hours and leaving a bunch of shit and mess behind.   I wonder if that is what has actually happened a few times in some areas like the Tunguska event.   For all we know all those trees being blown down could have been an alien farting.....