Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

32 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Ayo what's happening with the USA bank stock collapse? 

Silicon Valley Bank kind of specialized in lending to new tech companies.  At first they had so much money deposited they didn't know what to do with it, so they invested it in long-term bonds and similar.  But now those tech companies aren't doing so great so they started pulling their money out of the bank.  In order to have enough cash to pay out, the bank had to sell some of those bonds they were holding, but because interest rates are much higher now than when they bought the bonds they took a big loss selling the bonds.  When people found out about that they all panicked that the bank wouldn't have enough cash and tried to pull out their deposits.  At which the government stepped in and shut things down.

The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) was created during the Great Depression to stop exactly this sort of thing.  They guarantee that depositors will get their money back (so no need to panic anyone).  Except FDIC insurance only covers $250k and a lot of these companies had way more banked at SVB.  So there was a lot of hand-wringing that most American tech startups would get wiped out because they were so heavily concentrated in this one bank.  So now the FDIC is basically saying they'll guarantee deposits without any limit.

Investors in the bank get nothing though; if you own stock in SVB it's now worthless.

There seems to be some differing opinions on whether other banks may fail.  The FDIC actions are intended to prevent panic that would cause such a thing, and the FDIC insurance exists to minimize the impact to people with money in any such bank.  But it's nerve-wracking to be holding stock in a bank, especially a smaller one, so there's a big sell-off that's hammering stock prices.

There were also a couple banks that were heavily tied into crypto that went belly-up, but that's not really related.

Looking at the footage from this spill we had, we were all pretty unorganized and responded POORLY to the situation due to a lack of doing drills. So basically, im looking at a write up (thats if im lucky) demotion or being fired. 

Granted I wasnt in charge of the procedure but my lack of training definitely showed so basically idk where this meeting is about to go. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous,  all this progress I made may be for nothing

Mfers gave me a 30 day suspension and i can't get back on liquid tows for a year. Yep, time to seek employment elsewhere. I get that mistakes were made due to lack lf proper drill training, but I didn't touch one valve nor did I sign any documents stating i was doing fuel transfer, a spill is supposed to be on the guy who signed the form

all that is on the other guy but suddenly they claim i have this authority  to stop a procedure (I dont btw because they never gave me my PIC letter after i chased them done to give it to me)

I can deal with the 30, i have 8k saved for an emergency but that year bar from liquid transfer im not accepting. I'll go elsewhere and probably achieve it in less time

17 hours ago, Hecatom said:

An aunt of mine that fought with cancer on and off for almost 30 years just died.

In a way, tbh, I am kind of relieved, since she is no longer suffering.

The problem is that she basically died alone, since she is on USA, and the only sibling living near to her is an uncle that had a stroke and she was helping, as a way to try to keep her mind focused on something else, since she was told that she had at best 6 months to live, and no more than a year if they were optimistic about it although, it wasn't the 1st time she was told that, but this time it was more hopeless.

didn't see this earlier but sorry bruv...

48 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Fr though, be careful with those things if she ain't familiar with it. Make sure she waits a couple hours before deciding they aren't working and taking more. That can lead to a real unpleasant experience.

This has been something she's thought on and off for months so it wasn't some "hey why not this!" kind of deal. Thanks I'll remind her. 

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

If you're really not responsible then I'd have those fuckers audited.

I'd love to fight this but I'd lose on a technicality. Even tho the other guy was in charge and it was ultimately on him, I was on shift with him and it was a situation where they pinpointed things I did wrong (or didn't do to take preventive measures) although I wasnt the reason for the spill.

But at the same time, him, the lead man and also being the guy who signed the transfer documents, he and his trainee (who I believe is responsible for closing the valve that got us fucked) were supposed to already made those preparations well before I came on shift. The company feels I should have caught some of the issues that they missed. Lot of nuance to this which is why pretty much everyone on our boat is in hot water

Its like, I get I can't slide since this IS a pretty big deal but thats like WAY too steep a punishment when despite not being trained well, we kept the spill from gettin out of hand which should count for something. 

Edited by HD-Man

I was at work the other day, and one of my colleagues was stressing how her kids are failing badly at school because they spend more time on video games (FF14 to be exact) than studying. She has confiscated their PS4's for a week at most, but they still end up glued to and she is so frustrated that she is contemplating on destroying it in front of them. I am thinking of giving her an idea to get their accounts band and sell or throw all their top items out.

I haven't watched the Flash tv show in years; I checked some youtube vids recently after noticing a trailer on facebook... oof, what a fall from grace that one was.  In the beginning, Flash was the best superhero show on tv, imo... I don't think anything else was even that close.  That first season was incredible... season 2 wasn't quite as hot but it was still good... then season 3 was alright, but it fell right off a cliff in quality after that.  The last time I cared about anything going on with the show was when the "Thinker" was the main villain.  This season, they've been dealing with the Red Death....which is a real shame, since of course they don't have a proper Bruce Wayne/Batman in the CW version of the DC multiverse....well, I vaguely remember they did have 1 alternate universe one played by the great Kevin Conroy(!!) but of course Batwoman ended up killing him. (**btw; congrats, Batwoman---you're so cool for killing a very old and crippled Batman.  Big-time "black girl magic" there, right?)

...but yeah, what I've seen of the current mess going on with Flash is a real shame.  I actually have the first season dvd; I liked it that much that I had to own a copy...I've seen some "Season 1 & 2" sets occasionally in stores; I may still buy that, but the rest of the series is quite a sad step down from what it once was.  

*movie-version Ezra-Flash is still the inferior version to me though... that running style in particular; I'm curious who's dumb idea that was (probably the writers and storyboard artists, I'm guessing), because the shit looks silly in the worst possible way.  The tv show (and various animated shows) already perfected the visual style of how it should look....then in the movies we got this goof looking like a a half-way competent speed-skater or something.  The normal/natural running style that is simply sped-up with lightning and blur effects in the tv series and certain animations is far superior to that nonsense.

Edited by MillionX

So I put my brain to work along with a bud of mine, decided while I still have funds to go ahead and take this firefighting class next month, which is needed to secure a tankermans ticket. 

Once I have that, I should be able to use my 6+ years of experience to transfer to another company and get the hands on training I need. Hopefully I can train and focus that ONE thing and not have to learn 1000 other crafts at the same time like at my current employer 

Women don't seem to be emotionally mature enough to give you space when you're trying to process a serious situation. They ask for communication then when you clearly communicate for them to just CHILL while you work through it, they absolutely refuse.

Or worst, spin it around to center it on themselves. So now im in an argument because her feelings are hurt instead of focusing on gettin my future back on track 🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man
4 minutes ago, J-ride said:

@HD-ManYeah she doesn't sound ride or die so if she can't understand what you are going through then it might be time to cut her lose. 

In my experience the hottest women are out the second a single thing doesn't go their way.

Its like I can see she definitely cares and doesnt mean any harm but she seems just incapable of backing off. She's so hyperfocused on being around me or wanting to talk constantly, that if my wish is to be left alone for a few hours to my thoughts to deal with whatever situationin im going through, her want to have my focus will supercede my actual needs.

She doesn't quite understand how that's a bit of a  problem. If this makes sense, im sure I worded this poorly

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

She's so hyperfocused on being around me or wanting to talk constantly, that if my wish is to be left alone for a few hours to my thoughts to deal with whatever situationin im going through, her want to have my focus will supercede my actual needs.

That sounds like what I've seen from women when they are suffering from anxiety.  It may or may not be helpful to point that out to her, depending on how she'd take it.

I do find it helpful for myself when I can identify that I'm dealing with someone who's experiencing an anxiety attack.  Makes it easier to stop taking their behavior personally.

13 minutes ago, Reticently said:

That sounds like what I've seen from women when they are suffering from anxiety.  It may or may not be helpful to point that out to her, depending on how she'd take it.

I do find it helpful for myself when I can identify that I'm dealing with someone who's experiencing an anxiety attack.  Makes it easier to stop taking their behavior personally.

I asked her awhile back if she has any abandonment type issues or similar anxiety to understand, but she told me no and kinda got annoyed by me stating such a thing. But clearly something is there cuz every week its the end of the world and my full attention is needed regardless of what I may be dealing with

We definitely have to get to the bottom of it, cuz shes a good person but that clingyness has to go so we can move forward, and I will work on myself as well

Edited by HD-Man
23 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You mean like they blew up that oil pipeline? Forgive my skepticism, but lol

What if Putin knows we're so skeptical that he actually did down the drone knowing we're gonna say NATO/US are doing another false flag operation after the pipeline thingy came out.

That Putin, so good!

9 hours ago, Chadouken said:

One of the women in my building dropped the foulest smelling bomb in the women's bathroom. It stank up the entire fucking hallway. You could almost see the green trail of stench emanating from the bathroom door 🤢

Speaking of women taking monster dumps. When I was early 20s. I was seeing a lady. And after two weeks of dating I got the invite to her place. We watched a movie, had some drinks. But before we could head to the bedroom. She had to use the bathroom.

She was in there for a while, whatever I thought, assumed shes freshing up. Then she came out ready to go. We made out, start touching and she strips, turns around and starts throwing dat azz at me. The stank bruh........

Like you know it's hot back there. You can feel it. I was thinking she took time to also shower. Nah just gonna have the audacity to present your arse. Fresh from the toilet. As if dry tp alone gets you clean and presentable.

Damn near instantly got soft. And had to make up an excuse to leave as to not hurt her feelings. From that day on. I make it a point to show the utmost appreciation. For women who keep their hygiene on point. Because most women being cleanly? Is BULLSH1T!!! Some are just nasty and don't realize it.

Edited by BB_Hoody
8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Its like I can see she definitely cares and doesnt mean any harm but she seems just incapable of backing off. She's so hyperfocused on being around me or wanting to talk constantly, that if my wish is to be left alone for a few hours to my thoughts to deal with whatever situationin im going through, her want to have my focus will supercede my actual needs.

She doesn't quite understand how that's a bit of a  problem. If this makes sense, im sure I worded this poorly

A lot of women think the worst when their man goes into solitude mode to figure things out. They think you may be having self harming thoughts, or might explode with rage out of nowhere.  They want to help the best way they know how. By talking and being a listening ear. And feel useless if they can't talk to and nuture you when you're stressed.