Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

Its not going to be fully real until someone actually shows live seeable footage of the vehicles are we see live footage of an ET.  I am not looking forward to when human beings have their whole world view challenged...someone is going to do something really stupid.

16 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Eh, he's not entirely wrong though. We may not be literally killing them, but we're giving them the weapons and telling them they have a chance when it's a pretty lopsided fight in the first place. Without those weapons, a lot of those soldiers who have been killed might still be alive albeit possibly living in a Russian occupied territory now.

Edited by DoctaMario
29 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Eh, he's not entirely wrong though. We may not be literally killing them, but we're giving them the weapons and telling them they have a chance when it's a pretty lopsided fight in the first place. Without those weapons, a lot of those soldiers who have been killed might still be alive albeit possibly living in a Russian occupied territory now.

That is a super indirect logic that I can't agree with.  Especially in thinking that Ukraine was going to just give up without help.

41 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You are making the huge assumption that the Ukrainians would submit to the Russians. The reason they've been getting weapons in the first place is how they fought against the Russian's without any aid. The expectation was that Russia would roll over Ukraine in no time. Or the peace talks that essentially boils down to Ukraine giving up more of their territory to the nation that attacked them and stolen territory already. 

It was all a dream. (If you dont know, now you know)

I just got out of Transformers: Rise of the Beasts!

Like the Super Mario Bros (2023) film, I feel like fans will like this more than the critics.

Pros:

The human characters are likeable and far from the annoying fleshlings of the Bay films. Their screentime w/o robots is relatively infrequent. 

Noah's camaraderie with Mirage is great and pays off in the end. Elena is less developed but helps the Autobots/Maximals in her own way.

Robots: human screentime is about 66:33

Optimus Prime has a small character arc-initially being dismissive towards humans/earth and then coming to respect them and work with them.

Voice work was great imo. Dinklage, Yeoh, Cullen, Koshy, Davidson, Perlman, Domingo nail their roles.

I'd say Perlman comes off a better leader in some aspects and has the most dialogue  that reminds me of the BW show. 

The pacing was good for me. There werent any big boring periods. The whole movie is 1 hr 54 min without credits/post credit scenes.  

Action and robot designs were good. A mix of G1/BW, and Bay. I could follow the action easily.

"A knight in shining armor"

Use of hip hop classic songs established the setting well. - esp one in the final battle

Cons: 

The plot is VERY straightforward. There is only  1 real  twist.

Maximals and the color palette for the final battle are too gray. More color for Rhinox and Primal

Wheeljack, Cheetor, and Rhinox have little screentime and dialogue. They are "mute henchmen" unfortunately.

The final scene makes me ambivalent. I was expecting to see a tease for 1/2 characters instead.

Overall:  7.5/10

Second best live action film after Bumblebee.

For reference:

G1 1986/BB - 8/10

ROTB - 7.5/10

TF 2007 - 7/10

DOTM 2011 - 6/10

AOE (2014) and TLK (2017)  - 5/10

ROTF - 4/10

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

That is a super indirect logic that I can't agree with.  Especially in thinking that Ukraine was going to just give up without help.

If I gave someone a weapon and encouraged them to fight you and they did, wouldn't you blame me at least a little for stoking the fight?

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You are making the huge assumption that the Ukrainians would submit to the Russians. The reason they've been getting weapons in the first place is how they fought against the Russian's without any aid. The expectation was that Russia would roll over Ukraine in no time. Or the peace talks that essentially boils down to Ukraine giving up more of their territory to the nation that attacked them and stolen territory already. 

I don't think the conflict wouldn't have gone on this long if we weren't helping them and less people probably would have died. Maybe other world powers would have tried to broker some kind of peace agreement rather than pad the pockets of our "defense" companies and encourage Zelinsky to do everything but what might benefit his people the most.

Edited by DoctaMario
24 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

AOE (2014) and TLK (2017)  - 5/10

ROTF - 4/10

I'm with you for all points in your review . . . but TLK is like making a dogshit smoothie and whipped creme  laced with steel wool on top. It is the only movie that I have taken my wife to see and literally apologized before leaving my seat. 

Not much redeeming about ROTF besides the Forest Battle. 

19 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

If I gave someone a knife and encouraged them to fight you and they did, wouldn't you blame me at least a little if you lost an eye in the process?

If I started the fight in the first place off some bullshit and I ended up losing an eye in the conflict then that sounds more like karma lol.  Sure I can "blame" you but this wouldn't have started in the first place if I wasn't being an asshole to the other party for no reason.  Ultimately the other party is trying to defend itself from me and though you provided the knife, they were the ones that stabbed me with it. 

The thing is this is not even quite how the analagy goes which is more akin to you handing the guy the knife, I beat the shit out of them, and the guy that you gave the knife to blames you for getting beat up because you gave him the knife.  That logic doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Sonichuman
17 hours ago, Hecatom said:

FyCNDZJXoAAWJs9.jpg

Part of me actually feel like this should extend to Louisiana as well, but employees don't confront them much here. I still think it looks really bad when more than enough police, off duty law enforcement security, or even occasional detectives have been occupying super markets heavily here for over a year now.

Rape cases have been declining for justice due to a major shortage of CPS employees, but I would much rather them deal with that over shoplifters.

However, the twist is that since this an armed non concealed licensed state now, I think they've been considering that, due to armed people in markets as well.

Edited by Emptyeyes_

Regarding the  Bay films, they sort of run together in terms of plot and I have only seen them 1x in the theater so I'm mostly going on faded memories.

ROTF felt like it had the most crass humor and racial stereotyping so I m probably grading them based more on my emotional state.

45 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

If I gave someone a weapon and encouraged them to fight you and they did, wouldn't you blame me at least a little for stoking the fight?

No, in this scenario, the other guy picked the fight. They just didn't think the kid they where bullying had a trailer park full of red necks willing to back them up.

Edited by RSG3
30 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

If I started the fight in the first place off some bullshit and I ended up losing an eye in the conflict then that sounds more like karma lol.  Sure I can "blame" you but this wouldn't have started in the first place if I wasn't being an asshole to the other party for no reason.  Ultimately the other party is trying to defend itself from me and though you provided the knife, they were the ones that stabbed me with it. 

The thing is this is not even quite how the analagy goes which is more akin to you handing the guy the knife, I beat the shit out of them, and the guy that you gave the knife to blames you for getting beat up because you gave him the knife.  That logic doesn't make sense to me.

It's not a  perfect analogy, but put simply, if something that might have just been a shoving match turns into a full blown fight because someone puts an "equalizer" in the hand of the smaller guy, I think the person handing them that equalizer could be considered culpable for it. To me that's what's happened.

Edited by DoctaMario
5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:
Call of Duty account getting it

FyJgxTpaEAAxFKG?format=jpg&name=medium

FyJgxTsaYAEWifi?format=jpg&name=900x900

He didn't say anything wrong, they should leave children out of this. I don't understand why that opinion warrants being cancelled, those kids are not old enough to be talking or thinking about sexuality.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I regret watching that dude get eaten alive by a tiger shark. That's absolutely a horrible way to die

I saw that shit too. That fucked my day up.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

This has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Russia attacked Ukraine without provocation twice. When they stole Crimea and at the start of the current war. 

I don't think the conflict wouldn't have gone on this long if we weren't helping them and less people probably would have died. Maybe other world powers would have tried to broker some kind of peace agreement rather than pad the pockets of our "defense" companies and encourage Zelinsky to do everything but what might benefit his people the most.

Russia wants Ukraine lock, stock, and barrel. Ukraine wants their territory back and for  Russia to respect their sovereignty. There isn't going to be any peace deal. Ukraine doesn't want a peace deal with Russia because they aren't stupid. They know any deal Russia makes will be stall tactic to regroup and launch a later attack to claim whatever territory Ukraine has left after a deal. Any "peace" deal they make would be total surrender by another name. The Ukrainians are fighting for the right to be Ukrainians. Their very identity and their way of life. That's not something they are going to give up cavalierly. 

2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I saw the first two seconds. . . immediately closed the browser window. 

I should've did the same. That fucked my mood up last night. Like, Jesus man. I don't even know the guy and felt AWFUL for him and his family.  I already have an irrational fear of the ocean, this didnt help me either

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It's not a  perfect analogy, but put simply, if something that might have just been a shoving match turns into a full blown fight because someone puts an "equalizer" in the hand of the smaller guy, I think the person handing them that equalizer could be considered culpable for it. To me that's what's happened.

Ok so just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.    Let's say you were minding your own business and shitty distant relative of yours comes and kicks the door in to your house and claims that everything in your house is his now.  You full well know of your shitty relative's tendencies so you know that if you don't kick his ass and push him back out that he definitely will take your whole house and possibly lock you in the basement so you fight back against this relative.  He's larger than you but you're doing your you can to defend yourself.  Your neighbors hear the commotion in the house but they don't do much to help at first until about 5 minutes into the fight.   The neighbors don't want to get directly involved but they're trying to give support but at least one of the neighbors who doesn't like this situation at all decides to slide you some really good Brass Knuckles to help you kick your relative out of the house.  Now....based the above logic, because the neighbor decided to slide you the brass knuckles...that neighbor is now partly responsible for all the bruises, black eyes, broken bones, and ribs that your relative has bestowed upon your body.  Am I correct with this?

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Ok so just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.    Let's say you were minding your own business and shitty distant relative of yours comes and kicks the door in to your house and claims that everything in your house is his now.  You full well know of your shitty relative's tendencies so you know that if you don't kick his ass and push him back out that he definitely will take your whole house and possibly lock you in the basement so you fight back against this relative.  He's larger than you but you're doing your you can to defend yourself.  Your neighbors hear the commotion in the house but they don't do much to help at first until about 5 minutes into the fight.   The neighbors don't want to get directly involved but they're trying to give support but at least one of the neighbors who doesn't like this situation at all decides to slide you some really good Brass Knuckles to help you kick your relative out of the house.  Now....based the above logic, because the neighbor decided to slide you the brass knuckles...that neighbor is now partly responsible for all the bruises, black eyes, broken bones, and ribs that your relative has bestowed upon your body.  Am I correct with this?

What you do during the fight is on you, but yeah, the neighbor deserves some of the blame for escalating the situation to the point where you don't have much of a choice of trying to work it out non violently. But in this case, the neighbors (US/NATO) have gradually escalated the situation over time anyway so even without the weapons considered, they've still played a role.

Edited by DoctaMario
2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

What you do during the fight is on you, but yeah, the neighbor deserves some of the blame for escalating the situation to the point where you don't have much of a choice of trying to work it out non violently.

How is the neighbor in this example escalating the situation any further than what it has already escalated to?    You're already hurt and fighting and the person has no intentions of stopping unless you're submitting and putting your life completely in his hands. 

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I already have an irrational fear of the ocean, this didnt help me either

Why is it irrational? The ocean is terrifying. You should be scared. Reading up on stories from World Wars where soldiers are stranded and left to tread water for hours and days is terrifying. Could you imagine a day long fight for survival punctuated by thoughts of self-doubt and weakness with a hint of terror at what lurks under the icy water? For all you know, you're only alive because the sharks that smelled your blood are merely planning a feast instead of a selfish brunch at the expense of your large crew. They are communal animals, you know.

Edited by Dayaan
17 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

What you do during the fight is on you, but yeah, the neighbor deserves some of the blame for escalating the situation to the point where you don't have much of a choice of trying to work it out non violently. But in this case, the neighbors (US/NATO) have gradually escalated the situation over time anyway so even without the weapons considered, they've still played a role.

Why do you think peaceful negotiations was ever an option? 

Ukraine trusting Russia would be like the Native Americans trusting us. Why would they do that? 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Russia attacked Ukraine without provocation twice. When they stole Crimea and at the start of the current war. 

Russia wants Ukraine lock, stock, and barrel. Ukraine wants their territory back and for  Russia to respect their sovereignty. There isn't going to be any peace deal. Ukraine doesn't want a peace deal with Russia because they aren't stupid. They know any deal Russia makes will be stall tactic to regroup and launch a later attack to claim whatever territory Ukraine has left after a deal. Any "peace" deal they make would be total surrender by another name. The Ukrainians are fighting for the right to be Ukrainians. Their very identity and their way of life. That's not something they are going to give up cavalierly. 

What Russia is doing is shitty, but so is propping up an army that doesn't stand a chance against Russia and is already borderline conscripting fighting age males by forcing them to stay in the country (many of them are trying to claim asylum in neighboring countries btw.)  12 million Ukrainians have fled the country and we have given them $115 BILLION that could have been used here at home given how rough things are getting here.

41 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

How is the neighbor in this example escalating the situation any further than what it has already escalated to?    You're already hurt and fighting and the person has no intentions of stopping unless you're submitting and putting your life completely in his hands. 

I think we're talking past each other at this point.

All I'll say is that I don't believe there is really a good guy in this situation, at least not anymore. The Ukrainian (and Russian) people are caught in the middle and now we have another endless conflict we're committed to paying for now that Afghanistan is over. 

33 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Why do you think peaceful negotiations was ever an option? 

Ukraine trusting Russia would be like the Native Americans trusting us. Why would they do that? 

NATO could have stuck with its pledge not to keep expanding, but they didn't. Russia trusting NATO is like the native Americans trusting us as well. And who is the guiding force of NATO?

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

NATO could have stuck with its pledge not to keep expanding, but they didn't.

They could have but then little guys like Ukrain would be fucked when they get bullied by Russia. Yea Russia shouldn't trust NATO cuz NATO is gonna bring people in who want to join like Ukrain did. That doesnt give Russia the right to invade Ukrain, that's instigating the fight.

No one should trust Russia, ever.

Also its a HUGE fucking joke to think any money not spent on Ukrain would be spent on Americans. We all know that's not fucking true, its a shitty argument point to make when it comes to spending money on Ukrain because it pretends like we didnt just sit through the Gov trying to slash money for Americans by claiming we don't deserve it and its too expensive in their debt ceiling negotiation, but somehow money used in Ukrain would magically be used on us. Pure nonsense.

Why do you think Peaceful Negotiations with the invader where ever an option?

Edited by RSG3

I think we're talking past each other at this point.

All I'll say is that I don't believe there is really a good guy in this situation, at least not anymore. The Ukrainian (and Russian) people are caught in the middle and now we have another endless conflict we're committed to paying for now that Afghanistan is over. 

We very well might be because I just don't get why I would hold the person trying to help me from an agressor as responsible for any harm that is coming from said  aggressor.  We can stop the conversation here if you want but I would hope that if someone jumps you on the way to your car that you wouldn't blame the person trying to give you a helping hand for any damage you got from the jumper.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What Russia is doing is shitty, but so is propping up an army that doesn't stand a chance against Russia and is already borderline conscripting fighting age males by forcing them to stay in the country (many of them are trying to claim asylum in neighboring countries btw.)  12 million Ukrainians have fled the country and we have given them $115 BILLION that could have been used here at home given how rough things are getting here.

Understatement of the year. Snatching a burger off someone's plate is shitty. Trying to steal someone's country from them, subjugate them, and labeling them Nazi's when their president is Jewish isn't shitty. It fucking reprehensible. 

If their army stood no chance against Russia, we would not be having this conversation. You seem to be ignoring that Ukraine was stalemating Russia with no outside aid. No one, outside of the Ukrainians, thought they had snowball's chance in a hell of standing up to Russia. The collective military minds of NATO thought helping them would be a waste of time because Russia would roll over them. They didn't. Ukraine showing they turn back an assault from a supposed military power and force a stalemate is why they got aid. Which wasn't very much initially because NATO wanted to see if it was some sort of fluke. It wasn't. The larger more well equipped army got thoroughly embarrassed before Ukraine got the first bullet from NATO. This war has shown that Russia isn't a military power. They have a large army that's leaders are so afraid of Putin they launched an ill conceived war that's done nothing but make what Putin feared come to pass. He strengthened NATO and have gotten countries with no prior interest in joining them to do so. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Ok so for sake of argument let's say these sightings in Vegas are ETs. And they actually make contact in our lifetime. What would be the likely outcomes? And what how would it change our lives and the course of humanity?

I'm thinking they'll likely be on conquest time. Damn imagine a superior species just forcing us all into submission. Possibly taking some of us off planet to be used as slave labor, sold or as genie pigs for experiments elsewhere

Edited by BB_Hoody
16 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'm thinking they'll likely be on conquest time. Damn imagine a superior species just forcing us all into submission. Possibly taking some of us off planet to be used as slave labor, sold or as genie pigs for experiments elsewhere

Yo’, they’re aliens not the American government.

To a civilization that mastered interstellar travel, we are probably as interesting as terrestrial ants or rocks.

I'd say there's still good ol' fashioned scientific curiosity that would drive a more advanced alien species... imagine having mastered space travel... and then you happen to find this odd little blue watery planet that is loaded with tons of creatures from the microscopic level to the big ones like elephants and whales...there would be so many questions and things to find out that of course they'd keep coming back to observe what's going on over here.