Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

14 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

What is your favorite flavor of potato chips?

Plain

Sour cream and onion

Cheddar

Salt and vinegar

Dill

BBQ

Other (Please share.)

For me, salt and vinegar then BBQ as runner up.

None of thsee lol. I’m not the biggest fan of traditionally made potato chips. Kettle cooked are dope though. With those I usually just get salt and pepper 

12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Thanks for the kind words guys. She's apparently doing ok but has a low grade fever. She's been in a rehab facility for a couple weeks after getting home from the hospital and falling and hitting her head on the closet door when she got home. Someone else in the facility had it, was asymptomatic and died, but she's had it for about 3 days and they're just trying to get her through the next week and she's got the vaccine so I guess we'll see what happens. 

She's 95 and I'm not sure she knows where she is, but the covid regulations in NY mean that other than a phone call, nobody from the foot can get in to see her and she may not know who it is she's talking to when we call. 

Btw @Maxxglad to hear you recovered, I meant to ask how you've been doing

Look, man, I get the situation and I was considering telling you how my grandmother got it too, but I decided against it previously since this is about you and your family. This detailed post shows the similarities between yours and mine - a near identical case. I'm seriously telling you that I have faith that you guys will be alright, since mine managed to pull through as well.

I just wanted to provide the context and precedent for our support. We're behind you guys for good reason. I hope this wasn't insensitive and I hope she gets better. Fuckovid.

Ok stock update: Messed up on Zomedica. Got greedy and chased the run up. Then got hit by the dip. I was crazy enough to average up during the run up. It dipped. Then Wednesday I bought in on the dip too soon. It ended up falling way down. Loss over $300 Was tempted to sell until I remembered a stock youtuber's advice.

"It's only a loss, when you sell at a loss" So I still believe in the company so I'll hold. Also he advised buying more stable growth stocks to allow you to handle the risky stocks better. That Air BNB stock I put a grand into back in November started paying off this week. Up by 25% and is basically canceling out my losses on Zomedica.

And unlike Zomedica. It won't do any wild fluctuations that require it to be monitored daily. So I learned never to chase a run up. And always wait for the dip on it. Even if it don't come the next day. It will happen sometime that week.

I found out from some random video about the Vampire/Originals/Legacies cast members... apparently the guy that plays Alaric was a Trump supporter, and just noticed a poster reminding me of the upcoming Legacies season. (for a time, there was a political verbal spat between him and Paul Wesley, the guy who plays Stefan Salvatore).. y'know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if suddenly his character just happens to die VERY soon...considering what kind of people run the shows over at that network. 😄  I'm surprised he lasted this long as it is, actually.

The trailer for Clarice was out a few days ago, starring the gorgeous Rebecca Breeds, who cw vamp fans remember as Aurora DuMartel on The Originals... (that story involving the "trinity" on The Originals was season 3; Aurora was the 2nd person turned by the Mikaelsons.)

...yeah, I'm inclined to watch just because her fine ass is starring in this.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I want to be hype for the MK movie, but Wonder Woman '84 murdered every bit of hype I had.

If you're wondering how that makes sense, one of the screenplay writers on WW84 is also a screenplay writer for the MK movie. He only worked on the screen play for '84 (Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns did the story), but '84 was still so bad I have no hope now.

Anyway, I don't think a trailer can resuscitate my excitement. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

Edited by axeman61

The release date's been pushed around a bit, but my understanding was that filming was either done or on the way to being done.

And yes, there's something today. Don't know if it'll be a full blown trailer or just pics released. But that dude is an actor in the movie, and you don't amp people up with a tweet for just pictures. Otherwise, you're right. There's been nothing of substance released except for a logo.

And yeah, my hype was already extra low because this is a Video Game movie. I liked Sonic, but when Sonic is the best recent VG movie I can think of, that's just bad.

Edited by axeman61
39 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I want to be hype for the MK movie, but Wonder Woman '84 murdered every bit of hype I had.

If you're wondering how that makes sense, one of the screenplay writers on WW84 is also a screenplay writer for the MK movie. He only worked on the screen play for '84 (Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns did the story), but '84 was still so bad I have no hope now.

Anyway, I don't think a trailer can resuscitate my excitement. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

That actually makes me feel better. That means they had nothing to do with the narrative. I'm still worried but less so.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

The release date's been pushed around a bit, but my understanding was that filming was either done or on the way to being done.

And yes, there's something today. Don't know if it'll be a full blown trailer or just pics released. But that dude is an actor in the movie, and you don't amp people up with a tweet for just pictures. Otherwise, you're right. There's been nothing of substance released except for a logo.

And yeah, my hype was already extra low because this is a Video Game movie. I liked Sonic, but when Sonic is the best recent VG movie I can think of, that's just bad.

Ya know. I think certain videogame series. Would actually fare better as Movies or TV series. Darkstalkers fits that bill imo. Few care for the games. But some of the characters and the designs still draw attention. And the lore is really fun and so much can be done with it. 

On 1/14/2021 at 9:11 AM, Lord Vega said:

I'm really trying to minimize snacking and junk food since I need to lose weight. I really like Sun Chips especially Garden Salsa and Sour Cream and Onion. Yeah, it's really hard to not eat a whole bag in one sitting, but it's kind of cool though since Sun Chips have a lot of fiber and that's good for you. 

Is it now?   Can you explain to us why fiber is so important for your chakra points my informed friend?

15 minutes ago, Angel said:

Is it now?   Can you explain to us why fiber is so important for your chakra points my informed friend?

Are you serious? Well it should affect your solar plexus chakra the most since the solar plexus chakra is basically the stomach chakra. That is where confidence and power comes from. When you have a healthy gut, the mind and body will become healthy. Health starts in the gut. You must have the proper types of probiotics in the gut and fiber which is food for the probiotics. When you have all the proper types of probiotics you will digest food efficiently and effectively since probiotics produce enzymes that digest food. Without the right probiotics, enzymes, and fiber, you will be sickly mentally and physically since food is not being digested properly. Of course you have to have the right diet as well that your probiotics will break down.  The gut is the center of the immune system as well. 

Edited by Lord Vega
14 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

Are you serious? Well it should affect your solar plexus chakra the most since the solar plexus chakra is basically the stomach chakra. That is where confidence and power comes from. When you have a healthy gut, the mind and body will become healthy. Health starts in the gut. You must have the proper types of probiotics in the gut and fiber which is food for the probiotics. When you have all the proper types of probiotics you will digest food efficiently and effectively since probiotics produce enzymes that digest food. Without the right probiotics, enzymes, and fiber, you will be sickly mentally and physically since food is not being digested properly. Of course you have to have the right diet as well that your probiotics will break down.  The gut is the center of the immune system as well. 

cool, what kind of fiber do you eat to stop your alopecia? 

Plants do have Sun/Light Power since they absorb Light and when you eat them you absorb that Light into yourself. Plants convert Light into matter and make it as their physical bodies. Light is Matter. You can absorb Light directly from the Sun itself. It can give you energy. We all know Superman does this. Superman is based on Ancient Egyptian ideas. I think some of us know that here.

Edited by Lord Vega
6 minutes ago, Angel said:

cool, what kind of fiber do you eat to stop your alopecia? 

Well, any edible fiber is good. I don't really know how to stop that, but maintaining a proper diet, exercise, and having all the proper probiotics/good bacteria in your body might fix that problem. Alopecia is an autoimmune disorder, right? It's where the immune system attacks the body.  Is it a genetic problem? If not probiotics might help. There are probiotic supplements out there that have different types of good bacteria, maybe you can try some out. 

Here is a good example that I take. You might get gas the first time you take them because your body is adjusting to them. I didn't get gas though. I've been taking probiotics for a while. Probiotics can also be found in food like Kimchi and drinks like Kombucha. Fermented food and drink have probiotics in them. 

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Probiotics-Ultimate-Stable/dp/B07CZFZTCW/ref=sr_1_8?crid=YU70OI2MPN2P&dchild=1&keywords=garden+of+life+probiotics&qid=1607315590&s=hpc&sprefix=garden+of+%2Chpc%2C243&sr=1-8

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

phoenix wright GIF

Okay. If it's not matter than it must mean it doesn't exist since for something to exist it must be material. It's totally illogical for light to not be matter. Light becomes matter. If you dismantle your physical body down to the most elemental and purest form, it becomes light. Your body is made out of solidified light or electrons. This is one reason why the ancients say we are light. Our minds, bodies, and souls are literally light at varying densities. These three things are one and the same which is why they say mind, body, and soul are one thing.

12 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

If it's not matter than it must mean it doesn't exist since for something to exist it must be material.

phoenix wright GIF

Light has no mass. It can carry energy, sure, but you can't measure light in grams. It's made of photons, not atoms. 

For something to be matter, it needs to occupy space and have a mass and volume. if you lamp inside a box, then turn that light on, the boxes mass doesn't increase. There isn't a limit on the amount of light you can put in the box because it doesn't have a volume. 

And if you dismantle the body to it's building blocks you have atoms. You can't create or destroy matter. People aren't made of light. They're made of protons, neutrons, and electrons. 

Edited by KingTubb
41 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

phoenix wright GIF

Light has no mass. It can carry energy, sure, but you can't measure light in grams. It's made of photons, not atoms. 

For something to be matter, it needs to occupy space and have a mass and volume. if you lamp inside a box, then turn that light on, the boxes mass doesn't increase. There isn't a limit on the amount of light you can put in the box because it doesn't have a volume. 

To have no mass is to not exist, correct? So light is not there? We can obviously see it therefore it's there. How can something with no mass have energy? For something to have energy, it must have mass. Something that doesn't exist has no power to do anything. Since our physical bodies are made out of solid light we do not have mass/existence according to your logic, correct? We obviously exist though. Light or photons or electrons are just extremely small, not massless/nothing. 

Edited by Lord Vega
38 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

To have no mass is to not exist, correct?

Nope! Mass is not a requirement for existence. 

We can obviously see it therefore it's there.

Sorta? There's the visible light spectrum, but there's light we cannot see, Ultraviolet light for example. Radio exists, you can't see that, and it has no mass. 

For something to have energy, it must have mass.

Now you're getting into quantum physics and that's above my head. But accepted conclusion currently is that energy does not require mass, but only if it's moving really really fast, like the speed of light. E=mc^2 only applies to mass at rest. 

Since our physical bodies are made out of solid light

Uhhhhh, no, it's not. Since light is not matter, it is not able to be solid, which is a state of matter. 

We obviously exist though.

No we don't. Ghost in a shell, homie. This could be a simulation.

Light or photons are just extremely small, not massless/nothing. 

They're something, they just don't have mass 

Edited by KingTubb

Story sounds kinda "eh" so far, but I am happy this will definitely have fatalities/gore.

But without a trailer, this all feels kinda empty. Like, they're releasing this in April, and they still don't have anything? I understand that even the best trailer doesn't mean the movie is any good, but the lack of anything besides info/stills at this point worries me.

Maybe they'll drop one soon.

Edited by axeman61

Also people that don't understand what systematic racism is need to really keep they mouth the fuck closed lol

Tryna have an opinion when your ass didn't even know about private prisons in 2020, boi if you don't.......

Kinda like arguing about physics with a crackhead, actually that would be more fruitful than what just transpired above.

Ok more like arguing with big brain anime fans that sit here and dick ride shows like naruto and japan but then post shit like this

Spoiler

137635596_420724322573951_13509953141901

Spoiler

137561040_422549842501920_72450410980267

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

Kinda like arguing about physics with a crackhead, actually that would be more fruitful than what just transpired above.

lol sorry, I'll stop responding. 

I'll be a little bummed because I wanted to hear whatever hoopla he was gonna say about me throwing "None of this is real" in his lap.