Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Random, but what's a good, relatively cheap computer desk for a tiny apartment? My current one only has a little space even compared to the room it's in. I got it years ago when I was first moving in and I didn't have a lot of money.

People like to hate on IKEA but the price/quality ratio + well thought-out assembly shouldn't be ignored.  Most of their desk products come in a variety of sizes and have modular add-ons that make it easy to get something that will fit your home.

Not every product they make is great, but the majority of them I think are quite good.  They also have both high and low-end products depending on your budget. Best check them out if you can.

Can't wait to hang out at IKEA again once I have my COVID shots. 🤤

I’m actually going to IKEA in a few weeks to get some Detolf display cases. Some friends are I are going to drive to Texas and pick some up. Might also pick a up a bookshelf for another friend. 

it’s about a 10 hour round trip but it’ll be a fun little road trip. The three of us can just talk about silly shit and whatever’s for hours. So the time should go by relatively quickly. 

i plan on making everyone create a playlist of music too. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Good and cheap when it comes to furniture rarely go together. Desks (especially now) are gonna run you about $100 (and that's the low tier product). Doing it DIY will likely cost about the same in material cost.

Yeah, but if you have the time, why wouldn't you do it DIY? I love that kind of labor. Don't you love wiping away dust and excess lacquer at the end of your project?

32 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Don't you love wiping away dust and excess lacquer at the end of your project?

Only when the project is a success LOL. This was a project I did back in early 2020. It was around $150 in material and another $40 for finishing.

spacer.png

Wife wanted an entertainment stand. The stuff you find is mainly MDF. This gave me a good chance to make a solid piece in the house that was useful.

I got a couple frames to make and want to make a more modern desk for the office.

5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Random, but what's a good, relatively cheap computer desk for a tiny apartment? My current one only has a little space even compared to the room it's in. I got it years ago when I was first moving in and I didn't have a lot of money.

Depends what you're interested in. If you want cheap, good looking and functional, generally you can't go wrong with steel and glass. I use a cheap tempered black glass and steal desk myself. You can find them around $50-150 on Amazon. Steel is fairly light and strong so is easy to ship and move---glass is a bit heavy but it's only used for the top and you'll probably be okay. Construction is a snap, you're just screwing steel beams together.

If you want a traditional wood desk though, you should be prepared to pay a lot more, because cheap wood is pretty bad, and good wood is all expensive and very heavy. I would at the least go to an Ikea if I wanted wood furniture so I could see it in person and if there was a problem get replacement parts or return it. I used a cheap Walmart desk when I was broke in my early-20s.  It exploded on me and was rickety the entire time as well. I would have been better getting the steel and glass cheap desk I have now at home back then though.

Consider an L shape if you need more desk real estate. Use a tape measure to get a general idea of what you're looking for.

Also if you want something with drawers, that's going to cost more. I suggest just getting a regular desk and then using separate storage containers or a cabinet to store things in, rather than trying to get the drawers on the desk. Keyboard rollouts also are not really worth it IMO. The more extra stuff you want, the more expensive it will be, and the worse it becomes when you try to get something cheap.

A simple flat top desk with nothing else though, again, glass and steel, you can get something cheap that will last pretty much forever.

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Only when the project is a success LOL. This was a project I did back in early 2020. It was around $150 in material and another $40 for finishing.

spacer.png

Wife wanted an entertainment stand. The stuff you find is mainly MDF. This gave me a good chance to make a solid piece in the house that was useful.

I got a couple frames to make and want to make a more modern desk for the office.

Damn dude, wtf. That's way more complex than I can make alone. Congrats. Also, you need to go down to Pakistan one day. Materials there are cheaper and better. You know how good it feels to replace an old IBM beige PC case with an aluminium one that you made and engraved? Gotta get on that metal and glass shit!

EDIT: I'm not sure if "engraved" or "embossed" is correct here... Sorry.

Edited by Dayaan

I wasn't sold on Space Jam 2 until I saw that trailer. The Warner Bros multiverse is what did it for me. Iron Giant, King Kong, Game of Thrones, the Hanna Barbara characters, it's basically Ready Player One Part 2 with a dash of Wreck It Ralph  

Edited by HD-Man
19 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I wasn't sold on Space Jam 2 until I saw that trailer. The Warner Bros multiverse is what did it for me. Iron Giant, King Kong, Game of Thrones, the Hanna Barbara characters, it's basically Ready Player One Part 2 with a dash of Wreck It Ralph  

This is what killed it for me. Same with Lego Batman. 

Wreck it Ralph 2 was basically Disney masturbating in a mirror going “yeah, look at all the shit we own, you mother fuckers!” 

I got the exact same vibe from Lego Batman and now with Space Jam 2 break into all our owned licenses boogaloo 

Edited by iStu X
22 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Wreck it Ralph 2 was basically Disney masturbating in a mirror going “yeah, look at all the shit we own, you mother fuckers!” 

I got the exact same vibe from Lego Batman and now with Space Jam 2 break into all our owned licenses boogaloo 

LeBron is what killed it for me.

I'd take full CGI Jordan every day of the week and twice on Sunday, over LeBron.

I'd take a voodoo fetish version of Scott Pippin over LeBron.

Hell, I'd take Witch Doctor Rodman fecklessly wielding voodoo fetish Scott Pippin as an accessory, over LeBron.

28 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You're just salty that you don't own Bugs fucking Bunny. If you were a real man, you'd buy him yourself. Instead you're sitting in your basement, typing with your left hand as Pinky and the Brain gnaw at your disgusting right hand.

You should be GRATEFUL for this opportunity to cum at Smashketball. Of course...

1 minute ago, JHDK said:

I'd take full CGI Jordan every day of the week and twice on Sunday, over LeBron.

Hell, I'd take Witch Doctor Rodman fecklessly wielding voodoo fetish Scott Pippin as an accessory, over LeBron.

Get you a CGI Jordan that doesn't look like a Black Lantern and I'm with you. Until then, I'll settle for the King. Actually, I'll more than settle. He's alright. It's a kid's movie, and he's a good role model imo. 

I like the Cavs. I like the Lakers. I like Heat. I like LeBron, but I also just like the sport. I know what it's like to be on a national stage for 3 different sports, and that can't even compare to a professional level. He's done well, and I like that about him and every other player. 

38 minutes ago, JHDK said:

It is my opinion that you are not satisfied with the current cast.

Strange. I actually want to kinda hate on SJ2 because it's yet another thing where they have to do a big gaping crossover, but I'm looking forward to it.

2020 was a motherfucker though. Looking at the trailer, this would have been a big hit at the theater. I know it's going there too, but still. People won't watch at the theater when they can get it at home. This HBO Max thing is a little like MoviePass back in the day. Awesome for the customer, but peanuts for the company.

Edited by axeman61

I just saw a video where a kid was punished for bad behaviour by having his iPhone taken away and replaced with an old flip phone.

I didn't have an iPhone for the majority of my earlier years. In fact, I didn't get a phone till I was 15, and even then it was a Blackberry Bold. 

Moreover, when I behaved poorly, I had to buy new frying pans due to the ones my head dented when I got my ass beat. This kid lost his calling device and it was replaced with another calling device. Oh the horror... Of course everyone was complaining about how this is child abuse and limiting speech.

The only speech coming out of that boy's mouth is, "Come on, man, drop the skins! I need the colors..." while rubbing the top of his bald ass head.

On the real though, I am 99.99% sure most of us would score mad friends at a party just with a flip phone today.

So much for my "supervisor" wising up, he still keeps bringing his fat ass down here trying to micro-manage me like a child. Not even the actual main captain of our vessel does this, he gives you an objective for the day/weak and leaves you to your own devices to complete

Since this company has treated me well, I promised the front office I'd make it work and try to get along with this guy, but he is not making this easy. Looks like I'd gonna have to pull him aside AGAIN after work and politely tell him to back off. If that doesn't work, I'm going over his head to the main office 🤦🏾‍♂️

10 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Serious question: 

When you go to the bathroom, is the men's room on the right or the left? 

you would think that something that I've done hundreds, if not thousands of times would've left a trace memory.   Nope.  I couldn't tell you which side any of them are on in any restaurants.  crazy.  

Happy Easter you bums.  I'm fresh outta Easter eggs, but here's some ear and eye candy.

10 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

From memory, typically the left. 

Indeed? I feel like most of the time it's on the right, at least at the places I go to frequently and so I almost walked into a couple women's rooms this weekend not even thinking because I instinctively go right  and some of them have been on the left lol

On 4/3/2021 at 6:16 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

spacer.png

That is absolutely gorgeous work.