Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Currently, on Antenna TV network... "It's A Living"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080233/

I watched more tv than probably most kids back in the 80s, but this one sneaked past me.  I've never heard of it until now... it features quite the underrated, gorgeous sitcom PAWG Crystal Bernard, who most would remember from the show "Wings"...ha, she was the only reason I watched that show...though it was actually funny, imo so that was a bonus.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004751/?ref_=tt_cl_t5 

Interesting... it also has Stuart Pankin, who went on to be the main anchor on hbo's "Not Necessarily the News".

9 hours ago, JHDK said:

That is absolutely gorgeous work.

Thanks. The curse of every wood working project is that the crafter always notices their flaws. I see so many things that I'd do differently now. Still, it passes the wife test, so I am good 😁.

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

PAWG

Learned a new acronym. Today is now a day worth living. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
31 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Thanks. The curse of every wood working project is that the crafter always notices their flaws. I see so many things that I'd do differently now. Still, it passes the wife test, so I am good 😁.

Learned a new acronym. Today is now a day worth living. 

RE8 Romanian Vampire Mama memes didn't even drop that one on you months ago?

I knew the acronym PAWGs from SRK GD all the way back in the early Aughts.

Y'know the days of the dominion of Rock B.

Got my first does of the vaccine over the weekend. 

Heard a lot stories about people going to the drive thru, fair grounds, or stadium set-ups to get the shot and it just feeling eerie or weird. 

I got my shot from my best friend and had a great time clowning around. he almost dropped the needle cause when he turned to pick it up, I stood up, turned around and started to drop my pants. 

"Oh, it's not in the hip? My bad." 

He responded with "Na, it's in the arm, I'm just surprised you knew I make all my patients take their pants off regardless."

lololol 

Edited by KingTubb
9 hours ago, MillionX said:

Currently, on Antenna TV network... "It's A Living"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080233/

I watched more tv than probably most kids back in the 80s, but this one sneaked past me.  I've never heard of it until now... it features quite the underrated, gorgeous sitcom PAWG Crystal Bernard, who most would remember from the show "Wings"...ha, she was the only reason I watched that show...though it was actually funny, imo so that was a bonus.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004751/?ref_=tt_cl_t5 

Interesting... it also has Stuart Pankin, who went on to be the main anchor on hbo's "Not Necessarily the News".

I was more of an Amy Yasbeck guy.

amx480.png

LG was a smartphone pioneer. Now it's quitting the business

Hong Kong (CNN Business)  - LG is getting out of the "incredibly competitive" business of making smartphones.

On Monday, the South Korean tech giant announced that it would close down its mobile phone unit after years of losses, marking the end of an era for a trailblazer in the Android world.
The division is expected to be wound down by July 31, although the company may continue to sell some of its existing models after that, according to LG Electronics.
The "strategic decision to exit the incredibly competitive mobile phone sector will enable the company to focus resources in growth areas such as electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, artificial intelligence and business-to-business solutions," the company said in a statement.
LG was once one of the world's top smartphone makers, even making the top three back in 2013, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.
But the company's devices have since dwindled in popularity, particularly as Chinese upstarts such as Xiaomi and Oppo have surged around the world. As of last year, LG was no longer even among the top seven players globally, according to Counterpoint Research, even though it is still the third most popular smartphone vendor in the United States, after Apple (AAPL) and Samsung (SSNLF), according to market research firm Canalys.

"LG leaves a 'small vacuum' of global market share of under 2%," Neil Shah, a partner and vice president of research at Counterpoint Research, told CNN Business.
That space will likely be filled by Samsung in both South Korea and the United States, as well as some smaller players, he predicted.

16 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hong Kong (CNN Business)  - LG is getting out of the "incredibly competitive" business of making smartphones.

On Monday, the South Korean tech giant announced that it would close down its mobile phone unit after years of losses, marking the end of an era for a trailblazer in the Android world.
The division is expected to be wound down by July 31, although the company may continue to sell some of its existing models after that, according to LG Electronics.
The "strategic decision to exit the incredibly competitive mobile phone sector will enable the company to focus resources in growth areas such as electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, artificial intelligence and business-to-business solutions," the company said in a statement.
LG was once one of the world's top smartphone makers, even making the top three back in 2013, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.
But the company's devices have since dwindled in popularity, particularly as Chinese upstarts such as Xiaomi and Oppo have surged around the world. As of last year, LG was no longer even among the top seven players globally, according to Counterpoint Research, even though it is still the third most popular smartphone vendor in the United States, after Apple (AAPL) and Samsung (SSNLF), according to market research firm Canalys.

"LG leaves a 'small vacuum' of global market share of under 2%," Neil Shah, a partner and vice president of research at Counterpoint Research, told CNN Business.
That space will likely be filled by Samsung in both South Korea and the United States, as well as some smaller players, he predicted.

LG made some of the best Android phones.

They also made some of the worst Android phones.

My favorite phone ever, was an LG with a slide-out full-keyboard with physical keys.

26 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Meh. As far as old stuff goes, I'm more of a Blackberry, Nokia and Motorolla guy. Speaking of which, am I the only one who liked the Windows Nokia phones? I really, really liked them. You people killed them, and I will never forgive you.

38 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Meh. As far as old stuff goes, I'm more of a Blackberry, Nokia and Motorolla guy. Speaking of which, am I the only one who liked the Windows Nokia phones? I really, really liked them. You people killed them, and I will never forgive you.

before I went to iPhones I used blackberries. God I loved those phones. The physical QWERTY keyboard felt so god damn nice to type on. 

I really miss those phones. 

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

Everytime I bet against a DC character, there's always SOMETHING that I wasn't aware of lol.

Death Metal has implied that Lex Luthor is on some intergalactic shit. Even though I bet on Doom, I would not be surprised if Luthor fucking vaporises him.

58 minutes ago, MillionX said:

sheeeittt, my money would be on Doom in this, easyyyy.

doom has been literally god and he’s arguably as powerful of a sorcerer as doctor strange. Not to mention he’s one of the scientifically gifted humans in the marvel universe 

lex is just a xenophobe who has a lot of money and every now and again he gets a power boost like when he was orange lantern for a brief time and when he became the new Darkseid. 

Edited by iStu X
21 minutes ago, iStu X said:

doom has been literally god and he’s arguably as powerful of a sorcerer as doctor strange. Not to mention he’s one of the scientifically gifted humans in the marvel universe 

lex is just a xenophobe who has a lot of money and every now and again he gets a power boost like when he was orange lantern for a brief time and when he became the new Darkseid. 

Doom has been straight trash ever since he ceased being the almost perfect mirror image of Reed Richard's intellect.

He is basically edgelord fanfic now.

10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

There’s a local grocery store a town over that is currently hiring bakers apprentices. I’m going to apply and hope I get hired. 

I don’t have any proper culinary training but I really want to learn more about baking. 

Good luck man.

Luthor Vs. Doom:

Yeah, sorry.  Before I watch it, I know Doom takes this one without question.  Unless Luthor gets his hands on the anti-life equation during this fight, Doom is gonna stomp him out.  

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

I also got the first COVID shot this past Friday. No after effects at all, but my wife complained about some arm pain (although she is usually like that after ANY shot).

Second dose scheduled for April 23rd. I heard that this is where the side effects hit in full force?

Yes. Most people get headache,fever, mostly in the 24 hours after the second shot.

People above 65 seem to not get much  of that but they have less immune response in general.

Think of the first dose as the really the dress rehearsal and the second as the actual wedding

Angryman is on live right now; dude just brought up one little point that has always struck me as stupid... wealthy people's clothing (or at least; ones that don't dress too flashy in *obviously* expensive stuff)....pointing out a shirt that looks like it's from Walmart...but actually that was $600.

This shit makes no sense to me.  If it looks like some cheap shit I could get from Walmart...why on earth would a sane person spend hundreds of bucks on that?  People really are DUMB when it comes to spending, imo...and I'd say it's most people.  Really....

We both see a shirt that looks kinda generic but nice enough.  Let's say this has the exact same look.  You got it for 600.  I got the actual Walmart version that looks the same....the shit costed me 12 bucks.  At least to a cheapskate bastard like me, it looks like you spent an unnecessary 588 bucks in this example....which is dumb.  There's no nice way to put it, really.  Imagine that shit with anything else---like we both buy a PS5 today...except I paid normal price and you paid 2 grand for some silly reason.  Seems pretty clear who won the matchup in this example. 

haha speaking of cheap ass clothing though... sometimes they last too--- I have some jeans I got from Walmart for 10 bucks that are quite a few years old at this point.  

Edited by MillionX

I've swallowed my pride by accepting that me confirming to long-term isolation caused psychological effects on me. Solitary confinement isn't a cruel punishment for nothing, but isolation does keep me safe from being hurt again. Even if it comes with that benefit, it will continue to hurt me in the long run.

I think friends with benefits would be best for me at this point to pass the time. If that leads to a relationship, then that might be something to fill the void. 

I'm open to having more than one partner.

Does anyone have recommendations for a gaming headset?

I decided to take a chance a while back and got the Steelseries Arctis 7 instead of whatever PS4/5's "official" set is. Things were working great up until a day ago. Now, they won't charge, and nothing I do from the internet works. Also, they have a super high support volume or something and I can't even open a support ticket. So, I could be out 150 bucks here, and now I'm on the hunt for something more reliable. What do you guys use? If the official Sony headset is just fine, I may just go with that.

BTW my budget for the new headphones is ~150 still.

Edited by axeman61
41 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Does anyone have recommendations for a gaming headset?

I decided to take a chance a while back and got the Steelseries Arctis 7 instead of whatever PS4/5's "official" set is. Things were working great up until a day ago. Now, they won't charge, and nothing I do from the internet works. Also, they have a super high support volume or something and I can't even open a support ticket. So, I could be out 150 bucks here, and now I'm on the hunt for something more reliable. What do you guys use? If the official Sony headset is just fine, I may just go with that.

BTW my budget for the new headphones is ~150 still.

Sony is pretty good. But in that range, I think you can get an Audio-Technica AD-700 or 900X, and then just add a cheap condenser mic or snap-on if you need it.

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

Got my first COVID vaccine dose!

Scheduled a 3AM appointment at a 24 hour vaccination location.  Showed up way too early (1:30AM), but they let me get my shot and I was on my way home in half an hour.  Roads were empty and there was only one other person getting vaccinated at the same time.

Being a  night owl has its benefits.  🦉

Was  the second dose already booked when you made the first one?

5 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

What happened?

She has multiple forms of arthritis. To the point where certain days it can be debilitating. The last couple of days have been really bad. This morning though she legitimately couldn’t move because she was in so much pain and didn’t know what to do. Every time she tried to move she essentially burst into tears or go extremely nauseous. 

So begrudgingly she asked me to call for an ambulance after she realized she couldn’t make it to the car so my dad could take her. 

I'm freaking out, my dogs are freaking out, my dad is trying not to freak out. it just fucking sucks. 

Edited by iStu X
9 minutes ago, iStu X said:

She has multiple forms of arthritis. To the point where certain days it can be debilitating. The last couple of days have been really bad. This morning though she legitimately couldn’t move because she was in so much pain and didn’t know what to do. Every time she tried to move she essentially burst into tears or go extremely nauseous. 

So begrudgingly she asked me to call for an ambulance after she realized she couldn’t make it to the car so my dad could take her. 

I'm freaking out, my dogs are freaking out, my dad is trying not to freak out. it just fucking sucks. 

Hope everything works out man...

Got back last night from a birthday trip to Vegas the missus took me on and we crashed at my studio last night because we didn't get back until 1:30am our time and she has an appointment right now. But we took the same car and so because i have a session in 1.5 hours and not enough time to go home and come back, I get to have a chill morning listening to music, drinking tea, and surfing the internet.

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Got back last night from a birthday trip to Vegas the missus took me on and we crashed at my studio last night because we didn't get back until 1:30am our time and she has an appointment right now. But we took the same car and so because i have a session in 1.5 hours and not enough time to go home and come back, I get to have a chill morning listening to music, drinking tea, and surfing the internet.

What studio work do you do?

Just now, Dayaan said:

What studio work do you do?

I'm a producer/songwriter. I do a lot of custom songs for a few companies in addition to making records with people and doing demos. I generally play all the instruments, record, mix, and master everything and depending on whether I'm the only one involved with the process or not, there's collaboration that goes on. It's an awesome gig, especially now that I have a family and don't really want to be on the road much anymore.

18 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm a producer/songwriter. I do a lot of custom songs for a few companies in addition to making records with people and doing demos. I generally play all the instruments, record, mix, and master everything and depending on whether I'm the only one involved with the process or not, there's collaboration that goes on. It's an awesome gig, especially now that I have a family and don't really want to be on the road much anymore.

That's sick. My studio is a desk. In my bedroom. Which I share with 3 siblings...

Hard but honest work! And these tittays are honestly big!

5 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

That's sick. My studio is a desk. In my bedroom. Which I share with 3 siblings...

Hard but honest work! And these tittays are honestly big!

What kind of studio stuff do you do?? Basically mine is a desk but I have some gear and a lot of instruments, so when the missus and I moved in after our son was born, I just kept the apartment I had been living in as a studio space because the rent is cheap af compared to everywhere else in this town and it's a nice place.

Edited by DoctaMario