Stage Select

The King of Fighters: Official Series Thread

11 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

If you want a steady group of people to talk KOF and other SNK titles like SamSho or Metal Slug, you better be fluent in Arabic/Spanish/Portuguese or an east Asian language. KOF has never hit it big in the west.

It's unfortunate that KOF had been overshadowed by SF in the west. Although they share some similarities they really don't play the same at all. The 3vs3 plus the way the neutral works with running, hop and hyper hop KOF is something truly unique and special. I'm hoping XV makes a splash this time similar to Strive.

Edited by HeavensCloud
17 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

If you want a steady group of people to talk KOF and other SNK titles like SamSho or Metal Slug, you better be fluent in Arabic/Spanish/Portuguese or an east Asian language. KOF has never hit it big in the west.

Every week I go to the local arcade which is the home of the NYC KOF scene.  Every single person playing KOF there is Mexican.  You don't need to tell me! 🙂

https://www.twitch.tv/brooklynvideogames

On 9/18/2021 at 7:16 PM, HeavensCloud said:

I'm hoping XV makes a splash this time similar to Strive.

I am very confident 15 will be the highest selling entry in the west the series has ever had.

Coming out unopposed early next year, and there's been so much new blood in the FGC since 14 hit of people who are willing to give the game a shot.

That + rollback, which when 14 came out was a thing as the online died almost immediately after launch.

13 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

I am very confident 15 will be the highest selling entry in the west the series has ever had.

Coming out unopposed early next year, and there's been so much new blood in the FGC since 14 hit of people who are willing to give the game a shot.

That + rollback, which when 14 came out was a thing as the online died almost immediately after launch.

Not KoF related, but I hope you had a great birthday. My brother still isn't back from celebrating his last night, so I'm assuming he had a good time.

6 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

this probably won't be livestreamed or filmed in any way but at least we can expect twitter threads with system changes and whatnot

won't be livestreamed but footage will be captured and posted later is my understanding.

Course thats just the side stuff, there is the 50 minute livestream breakdown of proper gameplay/character reveals coming in a few days.

K' finally gets a trailer+the rearrangement of KD-0084 on the XBOX channel. I'd link it but the link seems to not work when posting it here. 

I guess the rival being called Isla confirms those leaks and that Kula+Angel are going to return. Maybe Maxima won't be in unfortunately, at least most of my other mains are in XV. 

19 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Isla > Shunei

delete one, keep the other

Just like this double post. 🙃

For real tho, Isla looks nice. How is KoF 14's story mode? I remember trying to play 13's and giving up immediately since you literally couldn't press a button without skipping the whole cutscene. Horrible stuff for people that read fast like me.

It's interesting that they seemed to be pretty forthcoming with info when it comes to the new mechanics, especially that armored move. I don't particularly like it, especially the idea that you get half a bar if it hits, but they were pretty detailed with how it works.

Max Mode being 2 bars is a straight up nerf. 🤣

There’s a new interview from Kotaku that talks about Isla. It doesn’t say much really but it does confirm that:

• Isla will be part of a team instead of a stand-alone character. 

• She is (obviously) meant to be the rival to Shun’ei and a part of her hatred for him is that he fights with disembodied hands like her.

• She is from South America.

The interview also posted some concept art of Isla.

Spoiler

image0.png

image1.png
image2.png

55 minutes ago, Volt said:

For real tho, Isla looks nice. How is KoF 14's story mode? I remember trying to play 13's and giving up immediately since you literally couldn't press a button without skipping the whole cutscene. Horrible stuff for people that read fast like me.

It’s more of an arcade with cutscenes than a story mode. There are a few cutscenes that are shared by every team with a few teams getting a slightly different cutscene for when the final boss shows up.  All of the base teams have an ending when you pair them up correctly and the two bosses also have an ending when you have them in your team. Sadly none of the DLC characters have an ending.

Also everyone (with the exception of the bosses) has 3, sometimes 4 with DLC, special intros with other characters only in story mode. 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

There’s a new interview from Kotaku that talks about Isla.

🤢🤮

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

• Isla will be part of a team instead of a stand-alone character. 

• She is (obviously) meant to be the rival to Shun’ei and a part of her hatred for him is that he fights with disembodied hands like her.

• She is from South America.

The interview also posted some concept art of Isla.

Reveal hidden contents

image0.png

image1.png
image2.png

SNK: "Sega can we get a new Jet Set Radio?"

Sega: "No"

SNK: "Fine, I'll do it myself!"

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Combo using shatter strike and level 3

Welp, guess we found the new meta. 🤣

Shatter giving half a bar back on hit is a hilariously bad decision. you can definitely build back half a bar in an extended combo. If Terry ended that with a regular special instead of Lv. 3, he'd break even for sure.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

I almost thought that Terry player had legit combos, but turns out that it was the autocombo. 🤣

Goddamnit IGN.

Punk was demonstrating a combo in Melty and he was literally mashing a single button and all this cool shit was happening.  Sadly, I think we're heading down the road just gotta hope that autocombos don't become a legit thing like in DBFZ.

26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Like with 14 in some of it’s last updates, special rival themes will overwrite whatever song was playing. As of the current demo, Kyo vs Iori has two themes that will play. 

When Kyo is entering the match, the remix of Goodbye Esaka will play. 

This remix of Goodbye Esaka is so sick. Been waiting for the full version since Kyo's trailer dropped.

14 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Punk was demonstrating a combo in Melty and he was literally mashing a single button and all this cool shit was happening.  Sadly, I think we're heading down the road just gotta hope that autocombos don't become a legit thing like in DBFZ.

Auto combos is too essential in the framework of Melty. You don't get the option to turn them off.

ToD's for everyone!

In all seriousness, this is easy to do, but I'm not sure it's super practical.

Raw Max Mode (for the damage buff and it seems to affect super scaling) and then land a combo that you can cancel into super and go all the way to the climax. That's... 4 bars and not a lot of time because each super will take a chunk off the Max bar. Would be pretty trivial if you could do it off Quick Max, but...

Edit: Better vid with more combos.

Edited by Volt
On 9/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, Volt said:

what story mode?

• 2 weeks later...