Stage Select

The King of Fighters: Official Series Thread

If you guys missed the State of Play, you didn’t miss much but the Open Beta for King of Fighters XV has been announced there and Dolores was shown off as well. I assume we’ll get a full trailer from her soon.

It will start on November 19th and end on November 22nd. It will have eight characters (Shun‘ei, Kyo, Iori, Chizuru, Yashiro, Shermie, Chris, and Dolores) available. 

And unless there’s a mistake, the PlayStation blog has also confirmed that Dolores will be in a team with Heidern and Isla.

spacer.png

Edited by BornWinner

I feel like Kula’s always a lock since I can see her missing a game being another ‘No Mai, no buy’ thing. With this game using a lot of the DLC that was in 14, I could see Whip returning as well.

Spoiler

There’s also the leak from the Chinese SNK site to consider. 

Spoiler

It had both Kula and Angel mentioned in the characters’  interviews.

The reason I was thinking Whip is the "familial" connection between her and K'. She's a clone of his sister. So that could fit, especially with K' starting to treat Kula like a little sister.

Spoiler

Angel would hint at an "Anti-NESTs" team.  Who would join her? I wish they'd bring Adelheid back.

Oh and I was thinking about Ash. Who would be on his team? Elizabeth and.....

It would make a whole lot of sense for Whip and K’ to team up. Guess we’ll see if SNK can see the potential as well.

53 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh and I was thinking about Ash. Who would be on his team? Elizabeth and.....

Not that it’s confirmed that he won’t be on Team Rival, I am thinking it could be Kukri. Seems his job was to resurrect Ash at Elizabeth’s request in the last game. The designer sketch for him also talks about that ending.

17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm pretty sure Maxima was deconfirmed.

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Kula is a given but I want it to be Whip as the 3rd member, I just can not see it being Angel. The 2002/3 formation of the K' team was my favourite of his teams.

Kukri is difficult to place, I figured he'd be in the rivals team but at the same time, that last team would probably go to him. I can't imagine they'd unveil a new team this close to release date and it makes sense with Kukri being propped up as a rival to Shun'Ei. As for Ash's 3rd team member, they'll probably reuse Oswald.

Edited by N-Tactix
12 hours ago, Volt said:

I've been waiting for Vapor Cannon to be as satisfying as 02's since Kof 13 and now this!?

The sad thing about Maxima is that he's very much a one trick pony. He has nothing other then his rekkas, Vapour Cannon and Bunker Buster and the last two only work in limited circumstances. The only reason he's decent enough in 2000 and XI is less because of his toolset and more because the overall system of that game work to his benefit as he has failsafes in the form of the striker and shift mechanic to fall back on. Losing moves over the years haven't been helping him. Basically, SNK need to work on diversifying his move set (most grapplers in KOF need this too actually) to actually be somewhat viable.

Which is sad because I think Maxima is a good character in story/design but most of his "fans" are horny women or people who just see him and Whip as side objects to K' and Kula so people are quick to point fingers and claim him and a bunch of other characters like Andy and Joe as "filler" in places like cursed bird app.

Edited by N-Tactix
10 hours ago, BornWinner said:

What a shocker.

While she was in the last game as DLC, she had no relevance in the story like the rest of the DLC. Her last canon appearance was KOF XI with her in the Ikari team.

Oh, she can do the Raw Max Lv 1>2>3 combo. ToD confirmed. 🙃

In all seriousness tho, between Kula and Maxima, all Max got is "Shatter all expectations".

Really hoping for that tho, especially to see the lolicons hold an L. 🤣

When's Elizabeth and Team Rugal?