Stage Select

The King of Fighters: Official Series Thread

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I’m more worried for the Kasumi fans right now. It was so certain that the last member of the Woman’s team had to be someone unexpected because of how long they were taking to announce it. And then they got a huge PSYCHO BALL surprise instead.

I remember Kasumi being in a AoF revenge squad in KoF11. There's still hope for her. 

I feel like Yamazaki is highly likely, what's up in the air is who he'll pair up with this time around. He's likely burned all bridges with Billy/Geese after repeatedly not getting paid enough and he hasn't got anybody else he's on good terms with. 

Vice and Mature could be a possibility considering their similarities but that's shattering expectations way too hard. Regardless, it's going to be interesting to see how the revived CYS and possibly Goenitz will react towards him after what happened in 97.

Edited by N-Tactix
On 7/31/2021 at 4:45 PM, N-Tactix said:

He's likely burned all bridges with Billy/Geese after repeatedly not getting paid enough and he hasn't got anybody else he's on good terms with. 

The Jin brothers? Yamazaki was the sub boss of Fatal Fury 3 IIRC. Or they can use this opportunity to create new characters. This game hasn't introduced any new character yet.

21 hours ago, Volt said:

Vice and Mature are probably coming back with Rugal

Adelheid could be interesting. V+M could probably be like "we know about your father" things go from there.

33 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The Jin brothers?

In canon, they've been freed from their curse and are training with Kim and Tung. There's also the fact that the two are extremely unpopular.

Edited by N-Tactix
1 hour ago, N-Tactix said:

In canon, they've been freed from their curse and are training with Kim and Tung. There's also the fact that the two are extremely unpopular.

Being unpopular didn't stop them from being in battle coliseum. Another option is having him be apart of a themed team. Bring Eiji back and another assassin character (Lin is due for a comeback) 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Bring Eiji back and another assassin character (Lin is due for a comeback) 

I'd rather have Lin team up with Duo Lon and somebody else (Kensou or Shen Woo probably)  to make a  "Dragon Spirit"/"Hizoku" team

The last we saw Lin, he was with Ron all bandaged up in XI. I wonder what SNK had planned for the story had they not taken the direction they did for XII/XIII. The last two arcs have had their last games be cursed in some way in terms of story so I hope that this arc actually gets the finale it needs without it being taken off the rails. 

Edited by N-Tactix
9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Turns out Antonov went broke after the ending of KOF14.

The stadium getting blown up and people getting endangered obviously means he that's been hit with lawsuits from basically everybody. Wonder if something similar happened to Chizuru after 1996.

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

We need Duke from Maximum Impact back 😤

The only characters I would ever want to see from MI return is Chae Lim and Fio. And May Lee has more claim to return than the former does. Kim has a lot of students.

45 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I liked the Mira bros a lot. 

They were terrible. They're nothing more than Falcoon's self insert OCs that rip off Terry and Andy, something Falcon even admitted himself. He's an alright designer considering his work for 2003 and nowadays, he just needs to be controlled and offset by other designers to produce good stuff. 

19 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Making a face out of the letters is pretty smart.

The logo really reminds me of something a Megaman villain would have. 

26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Turns out the reason Chizuru was a no show after 97 was not because Orochi was defeated and she saw no reason to join

You'd think she'd have cause for concern over Kyo going missing. 

The artwork leak is interesting, it might be based on the story of the tournament and not a team consisting of Heidern, Ash and K'. I hope more information about the game (other than the roster) starts being announced, such as system mechanics and netcode. Roster reveals with brand new characters have been nonexistent, maybe they are saving all new fighters at the end?

The only reason I even know about that trash film is because some racist prick I met thought that Libya was a country made up from that film when they learnt I was Libyan. 

Anyways, There should be a segment where Chang and  Choi drink magic potions to become their Cool/Smart striker versions like in Shrek. 

Edited by N-Tactix

New trailer straight from SNK with Gamescom happening. This trailer also goes in depth on what’s to be included for this game and mechanics.

39 characters? Not going to lie, kinda disappointed since 14 had 50 characters at launch. With the characters shown here, it means we only have 7 left to reveal. 

On brighter news, they confirm Rollback netcode for XV, which is awesome. I hope it’s good.

Edited by BornWinner