Stage Select

The King of Fighters: Official Series Thread

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

With the characters shown here, it means we only have 7 left to reveal. 

So far most are heroes, that 7 might be villains and anti-heroes.

Billy, Geese? Goenitz? Adelheid or Rugal

I want Mr Karate but it's unlikely

Edited by Shakunetsu

That character select screen reveal sure shattered my expectations and not exactly in a good way. I hope the DLC stuff becomes part of the game soon rather than being a pre-order bonus but it does feel like a letdown after XIV. I plan to get it digitally anyways so having original Leona who I prefer to the new Leona is a decent bonus. 

I noticed that the patterns on the cornrow girl's clothes resemble patterns usually seen in Maghrebi/Andalusian clothing similar to Kukri. It's possible there could be a link established, he could even be their 3rd team member or even Najd to serve as the "rivals" team. As for Heidern, it's likely they might reuse the DLC characters so he might be with Whip or K'. 

Edited by N-Tactix

I’m going to do some guessing about the roster. Long, probably wrong, post ahead. 

image0.webp

This is the best look at the roster we have right now. As you can see, Ash, K’, and Rival girl are separated into three different teams. Heidern and Cornrows are not shown yet and there’s an entire team that is not revealed at all.

Spoiler

I believe the unrevealed team will be Heidern’s team and he will not be teamed with any of the team leaders. All because of this.

Spoiler

image0.png

Taken from the trailer, these are the team themes for this game. “Liberty”  would be the perfect name for a Heidern based team. No idea who could be his teammates, but I could see fellow DLC for 14, Whip, possibly be one of them.

I honestly don’t think K’ will have different teammates. Kula Diamond for sure seems like a lock. Can’t see SNK saving her for DLC or getting rid of her. She’s far too popular and connected to K’ to do either of those. For the reason of being too connected with K’, I don’t see Maxima missing out either.

With Ash confirmed to have his own team, I can see Elizabeth returning as one of his teammates. She’s the one person that actually likes Ash and one of the two people that saw him revived in the Official Invitation team’s ending. If they want to keep using DLC for 14, Oswald could make it in having teamed with Ash before. 

Rival Girl looks to have a team with Cornrows with them having talked to her directly in the trailer. As @N-Tactix stated, with the design similarities between Cornrows and him, it’s possible that Kukri is the final teammate for Rival Girl’s team. It helps that Kukri was Shun’ei’s “rival” (by virtue of having an unique theme if you have them fight each other) in the last game. I could also see Kukri being a teammate for Ash’s team, being the other person who saw him revived in his team’s ending. Whatever happens, I think Kukri has a pretty good chance of returning. 

There’s also the final boss seen on the keyart to consider. It’s possible they could be playable and we only have 6 characters we can speculate on. The final boss in the last two KOF games was playable after all. The only reason I am not fully on board with it is because the layout of the character select and bosses having never been on a team before. 

Again this could all be false, these are just my thoughts on the remaining roster.

Apparently rollback netcode costs you starting roster slots. Definitely worth it in the long run though. They can easily fill the game out with DLC (not like they weren't going to anyways) and better to be able to play it way more reliably. Plus with them implementing rollback here it will theoretically carry forward with KOF (good for the franchise) and hopefully they'll consider it for other properties.

Rollback definitely puts this back on my radar.

10 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Taekwondo-ish is the new art

What the? In MI they planned Kim to be something special because of his archetype but it looks like Juri had became a new standard and trendsetter for FGs characters

Juri should be the founder of Taekwondo-ish LOL

And Ryu should be the Shoto-ish thing too

Edited by Shakunetsu

Man, I am happy but I am also very worried.

There's like 7 available slots left and I don't see a place where Angel could go, and without Angel I don't have a 1st slot character. Plenty of characters I'm different levels of confident with, but no point.

Hopefully if there's no Angel on release I can make Shermie work as point.

5 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

Hopefully if there's no Angel on release I can make Shermie work as point.

I've hear rumblings from twitter that the Chinese version of the website mentioned Kula and Angel supposedly before it got scrubbed. Probably a rumor. I really can't see Angel working with K' though, that'd be a level of bs and make no sense for those to ever want to work with the same lady that made an attempt on Kula and Foxy's life. 

As the days pass by, I feel more uncertain on the fate of certain characters. The bios and "Liberty" theme imply that Kim and Gang-Il are returning likely. 

Edited by N-Tactix
17 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

I've hear rumblings from twitter that the Chinese version of the website mentioned Kula and Angel supposedly before it got scrubbed. Probably a rumor. I really can't see Angel working with K' though, that'd be a level of bs and make no sense for those to ever want to work with the same lady that made an attempt on Kula and Foxy's life. 

As the days pass by, I feel more uncertain on the fate of certain characters. The bios and "Liberty" theme imply that Kim and Gang-Il are returning likely. 

The character pages have press conference interviews and the Korean one had Ramon mention Angel and Kula when asked about which fighters caught his eye. But I've never seen it only the transcript
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://v12.battlepage.com/??=Kof.Talkforkof.View&no=10851

At the Ramon's interview

Q : Have any fighters piqued your interest?

Vanessa, of course. Angel... maybe luong, I love strong woman.

At the Yashiro's interview

Q : Have any fighters piqued your interest?

Ice girl, Maybe she matched well with Chris.

I'd be very surprised if Kula wasn't in

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

A trailer for a character that is certainly not Kukri will be dropped tonight.

There will be a playable demo at TGS 2021 so we can at least have some videos pop up.

Hide contents

It also appears that Rival girl will get a trailer that night. The characters for the demo seems to have leaked.

by the way damn you for willing Kukri into XV existence.

42 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

by the way damn you for willing Kukri into XV existence.

I wish I had that power. Maybe then I would get Yamazaki, Sylvie, and Geese back. I don’t mind Kukri though. He seemed to be the most universally loved newcomer in 14 and not many people utilize sand abilities in fighting games. 

He also had the best winquotes. Dude was just an ass for no reason.

image0.webp

9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I wish I had that power. Maybe then I would get Yamazaki, Sylvie, and Geese back. I don’t mind Kukri though. He seemed to be the most universally loved newcomer in 14 and not many people utilize sand abilities in fighting games. 

He also had the best winquotes. Dude was just an ass for no reason.

image0.webp

I fucking hate his annoying ass.

Fighting him it's like trying to catch a particularly annoying mosquito.

Have you people not played XIV or what?

13 hours ago, misterBee said:

Most people here do not know KOF.  They don't know the struggle.

If you want a steady group of people to talk KOF and other SNK titles like SamSho or Metal Slug, you better be fluent in Arabic/Spanish/Portuguese or an east Asian language. KOF has never hit it big in the west.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:56 AM, ZioSerpe said:

I fucking hate his annoying ass.

Fighting him it's like trying to catch a particularly annoying mosquito.

Have you people not played XIV or what?

I was mind broken into playing as him for a while after jobbing mercilessly to Kukri players. He and Mian are probably the two newcomers I wanted to see return. The latter has potential if they expanded more on her mask gimmick and carved her out as a fighter in the vein of Jhun and May Lee but I don't think SNK as they are now can pull that off.

In other news; XI, NGBC and Neowave have finally gotten big strides in giving them GGPO support on Flycast, which is only worth pointing out because XI hasn't had a modern re-release to my knowledge.