Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Dude what!?!?! Oh come on that's fucking pathetic. First that DLC is rather important lore wise for the whole of Mass Effect. Second that locks out quest lines and choice shit for all 3 fucking games. Corrupted data my ass, back port it off PSN/XBLA. Stop being so fucking lazy EA. 

Do better! Fucks sake. 

PlayStation 3 version has the same problem. That's when they discovered the "corrupted" data issue for Pinnacle Station. So it's actually worse because this issue s damn near a decade old.

So outside of tall, hot busty gal in REVIII, how do you guys feel about her being a vampire? Granted I don't really eff around with RE but two big fans in my main message group doesn't like a vampire in the RE series. To me, she fits in just fine but like I said, RE isn't my jam so perhaps I'm missing something.

18 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

So outside of tall, hot busty gal in REVIII, how do you guys feel about her being a vampire? Granted I don't really eff around with RE but two big fans in my main message group doesn't like a vampire in the RE series. To me, she fits in just fine but like I said, RE isn't my jam so perhaps I'm missing something.

As long as it keeps up the Biohazard aspect, being as the series is about biological terror, her being a vamp is fine. If it's some magic based ish as an explanation for vamps and werewolves, then that may be a problem. 

29 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Resident Evil has always been known for its takes on various mythological concepts and creatures. They've done giant bats, literal troll monsters, voodoo zombies, I mean damn there's literally a monster named "Nosferatu". 

Ya boi needs to get a grip. Vampiric characters in Resident Evil is hardly the strangest thing the series has shown us. 

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

People have complained about the games changing since RE4...and you know what? It's fine! I DON'T CURR! The series has done weird creatures as is and already stretches the belief of "zombies" as is. The theming is on flavor for Resident Evil overall. The aesthetics fit to me. Tell them to sit down!

I finally started playing Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

I am really digging the game.

Seeing all the cutscenes makes me want an anime about her even more.

BTW, seeing how ASW and Wayforward are in good terms makes me thing she would be a great guest char for one of their FGS, like BBTAG, or evne maybe a new IP that combines their series.

IIRC both of them are working on a new RWBY game.

Oh yeah it's time, as of about an hour ago....  Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood is OUT.  I preordered the other day and just started it up....

woooo yes yes... it's so awesome to transform and unleash hell on these foolish humans for having the audacity to try stopping me...

I didn't even know there's a skill tree; I just gained a "spirit point" to spend on something already...and in "Crinos" form, it looks like you're already quite OP in comparison to the enemies you're dealing with in the early game here... ohhhh this is so delicious...

ha, well so much for stealth in that last area I was just in... I got caught so it ended up as a bloodbath in there.  haha I made quite the mess.

edit---ah, I managed to do the last area of that mission without any major alerts though... one guy saw the wolf form but I killed him before he could radio for help.🤣

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I've never really been all that into RE, much preferred Silent Hill, but based on what I've seen of REV, it looks like something I'd love to play especially in VR. The demo for Biohazard sold me on that game and I bought it as soon as it went on sale. First RE game I ever bought unless you count the iOS version of RE4 😂 So if that's the direction the games are going, good, I'm on board.

Edited by DoctaMario
6 hours ago, RegH81 said:

how do you guys feel about her being a vampire?

She plays the part of a vampire, but I'm guessing she's the next tyrant variant. 

She's got the grey skin of a tyrant, as well as the massive size. 

Umbrella always wanted the tyrants to be intelligent enough to follow orders and adapt, I'm assuming Lady D is a Tyrant variant that was too intelligent and stirred some shit, that's why blue umbrella is after her. 

edit: save this post, but I'd put money down she turns into a big hideous blob monster by the end of the game. RE loves to do that shit. 

Edited by KingTubb

Everyone i know has shit taste in RE because it became a action game when 4 hit. I honestly haven't played 4 and from what iv'e seen i would like it easy. Did play 5 thru and enjoyed the change of pace/story and the lack of real zombies due to some Biological Terror. Currently playing thru 7 and the world intrigues me very much so.

3 minutes ago, GreyFoxx said:

I honestly haven't played 4 and from what iv'e seen i would like it easy.

RE 4 is one of the greatest and most important videogames of all time. 

If you come out of playing RE4 and didn't have fun while doing it, you're hopeless and probably a miserable person. 

these are of course, me being a shit, and if you didn't like it, ok fine. But it is a very good game and changed videogames forever. 

Edited by KingTubb
7 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I'm not completely sold on her being a vampire in the traditional sense and I think they are just playing that angle until you find out what's really going on.  If she is a vampire though then that's cool as long as it has ties to biochemicals.  It's kind of the series thing to have everything 'supernatural' tie in to some sort of chemical agent or virus so as long as they keep that up and they don't just go 'oh she just is because we said so' then I'm good.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm not completely sold on her being a vampire in the traditional sense and I think they are just playing that angle until you find out what's really going on.  If she is a vampire though then that's cool as long as it has ties to biochemicals.  It's kind of the series thing to have everything 'supernatural' tie in to some sort of chemical agent or virus so as long as they keep that up and they don't just go 'oh she just is because we said so' then I'm good.

y'know, that's occasionally a bit of a irksome thing for me... when supernatural things are "reduced" to being a viral thing.  Eh, I'm a bit on the fence with it, really... I prefer things like that being left as "magical" in origin.  (like VtM, it's just a magical condition that originated with the biblical "Cain".  The game Vampyr also left it as a magical thing.) This is the reason that there's something lacking in the horror aspect of the modern zombie...because these days, 99% of people think of the zombie as being some super virus that re-animates dead things, usually...or some other purely scientific thing.  It's more disturbing when there is no clear, "it's a virus" explanation behind such creatures.

I'd accept whatever gives us real vampirism and lycanthropy in reality though....however the world goes down that road is alright with me... just as long as we get there some day, hopefully. 😄  This world will instantly become 1000% more awesome to me. (**well, as long as it's not that bullshit on display in the recent french netflix show "Vampires".  Fuck THAT nonsense.)

Marvel UA 3 update-- I finally beat God Emperor Doom; this took a few tries, actually...that fight is insane.  Venom and Blade were the only guys left alive on my team, so they ended up finally prevailing in that epic final showdown.  As usual, most of the heavy work in battle was with Hulk on point as THE heavy hitter, of course.

edit---and oh yes I instantly added Dr. Doom to my team and tried him out for a while.  Oh yeah he gets a permanent spot in the team for sure.

Edited by MillionX

Hulk was something like 60 or 61, and the others--- Thor and Venom around 59 or 60; Blade is the lowest level at something like 56 or 57-ish, I think.

that giant punch G. Doom does; I'm not even sure that can be dodged or blocked at all...it looks like he hits the entire area every time. 🤣

edit--interesting; checking back thru my trophies.. I forgot that I had 100% on the original Borderlands 2.

speaking of achievements---if any of you keep up with the MS Rewards thing, there's a thing on there that's giving out 500 points a piece for 2 achievements; an easy 1000 ms reward points right there... this is on top of the February challenge that's another easy one that could get you 2000.  heh, I'm closing in on 10k once again.

Edited by MillionX
15 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Hulk was something like 60 or 61, and the others--- Thor and Venom around 59 or 60; Blade is the lowest level at something like 56 or 57-ish, I think.

Sounds about right level wise. I had no issues with Doom, tbh. I just stun locked him with Ms. Marvel and the fight was done in a few minutes. Lol. 

she’s so broke 

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

My thoughts as well. Even they first started hyping up the 'werewolf' angle before the internet fell for it's new favorite giantess and her kin, I could only see them being another virus/biochemical mutants. It will basically be the same just like the last plagas or whatever in 4 are not technically zombies, they will act as such and probably be bullet spongy outside a particular weak point.

As long as she and the daughters are not effected by garlic, holy water or crosses it's all good.

and that reminds me... I always preferred Super Mario 3... but the music from Super Mario World is definitely superior.  I still can't get enough of that.

Werewolf - I made it through another area/mission; I have a couple of upgrades now... the enemies actually managed to kill me once so far, but that was just due to me playing sloppy there.  This character "Cahal" is such an unstoppable monster *before* you even take the various upgrades into account.  I just got the upgrade with the shield symbol that gives me more health while in "heavy" stance in crinos form (werewolf form standing upright; you are stronger but less agile like that).  Before that, I got an upgrade for Fury, and a general health upgrade.  There's another upgrade for fury that makes it so you can't be interrupted in that mode.

..oh yeah, one thing to warn people about that most will find quite annoying--- in the beginning of the game, there is *forced* stealth for 1 or 2 areas..."forced" in that if you are caught then it's an instant Game Over...you don't even get to fight back.  Fortunately this is only for those first 1 or 2 areas, from what I see so far...in every other scenario, if you are seen by guards or security cameras, it just puts the area on *alert* status and now you go beast mode and fight/kill everybody.

Blue Fire has an amazing visual style. Like, I would so love to see an art book for this game. The Voids are basically tricky, linear platforming areas. A star rating gives you an idea of the difficulty before you going in. You gotta collect all the pieces and reach the exit before completing it. Right now Umbert's Secret is driving me crazy. The moving platforms combined with the breaking blocks and long jumps make for some tense situations. And this is only the second Void I've come across.

51 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Low key, one of the best OSTs in the sonic franchise:

I can't say the its one of the best osts in the franchise.  Most only recognize that track and the reason people dread going into the options menu

Edit:  the comments for what people think this song represents or sounds like is quite entertaining.

Edited by Sonichuman