Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Co-op puzzle adventure game We Were Here now available for PS4 for free; sequels to follow on February 23

Previously released Xbox One and PC versions also free for a limited time.

Here is an overview of the series, via Total Mayhem Games:

About

Each player has to explore different areas, and every puzzle requires teamwork to solve. Asymmetric puzzles give each partner different information, and challenge players to talk to each other and figure out exactly what information they have and how it might lead to a solution. You and your partner have nothing but your wits, a walkie-talkie each, and whatever you can find on your way.

The series currently includes We Were Here, We Were Here Too, and the latest game We Were Here Together. All three games will be released on PlayStation this February 23, with a bundle offering the complete series for a discount. The original We Were Here is available to claim for free right now!

Key Features

Two player cooperative online adventure—featuring in-game walkie-talkies.

Overcome challenging puzzles through communication and cooperation.

Atmospheric thriller setting that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Explore intriguing frozen environments—search for clues in the dark halls of the sinister Castle Rock and the icy wastes of Antarctica.

Inspired by games such as: Myst, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and real-life escape rooms.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time – coming to PS5 March 12

50923332328_738a4269fd_k.jpg?resize=1088

Enhanced for PlayStation 5

The PlayStation 5 brings It’s About Time to new heights with unparalleled visuals, supporting 4K at 60 FPS. Crank up your speakers and swim in the crisp, dynamic enhanced 3D Audio. 

And it doesn’t just look and sound great, it feels great, too! The PS5’s DualSense wireless controller brings adaptive triggers to your fingertips. Feel the DNA change in objects hit by Neo Cortex’s blaster and feel the grip of Tawna’s Hookshot.

Lou Studdert, Creative Producer at Toys for Bob, is especially excited for the new release of Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time on PlayStation 5. Here Lou shares his thoughts on Crash fans and the benefits of playing Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time on PlayStation 5.

Suggested Retail Pricing and Upgrade Paths

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time will be available for purchase on March 12 through the PlayStation Store at the suggested retail price of $59.99 USD / £59.99 GBP / €69.99 EUR SRP for PlayStation 5. Get the game digitally and receive the Totally Tubular Skins (available upon completion of the second level), which put Crash and Coco into some digs that shows off their radical 90s roots.

Can’t wait until March 12? Players who purchase or already have Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time on PlayStation 4 will be able to receive an upgrade to PS5 at no cost (except in Japan) starting on March 12.

Edited by AriesWarlock
6 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

Aw man. Control makes you choose between 60 FPS and Raytracing on PS5. 😞 Probably just keep playing it on PC then and save the space here.

Meanwhile Spidey has full RT with its performance mode. Game honestly looks unbelievable. 

Maybe there could be a patch that enables both some time later. That’s what they end up doing with Spider-Man eventually since they didn’t release with it.

7 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Maybe there could be a patch that enables both some time later. That’s what they end up doing with Spider-Man eventually since they didn’t release with it.

I doubt it. Enabling ray tracing will cause a huge performance hit. The games will need to support DLSS if players want both and DLSS is Nvidia tech. PS5 got AMD under the hood and they don't have an equivalent yet.

Ubisoft saying they're going to move away from reliance on Triple A games

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-moving-away-from-reliance-on-aaa-releases

They're still doing Triple A but now they're going to have that and have more focus on GAAS and Free to Play.

Former Riot Employee sues CEO for sexual harrassment and discrimination

https://www.ign.com/articles/former-employee-sues-riot-games-ceo-for-sexual-harassment-discrimination

Oh boy...

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm off Friday and we're about supposedly get hit with all the snow.  I'm going to try to play some MK8D Thurs night for those interested after I put my son to sleep.

I’m tentatively down. I just gotta remind myself to check on here for when. I got a lot going on the next two days. 

Edited by iStu X
23 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

This guy thinks the multiplayer in 3D World is meant to be competitive? Fucking what!? 

There’s a lot of competitive elements to the multiplayer experience if you want them. Having/Keeping the crown and being the highest on the flag pole mainly. Shit can get unruly. 

I don’t think it’s “meant” to be competitive but with 3-4 players it usually breaks down into chaos cause someone wants the crown or the game recognition of clearing the stage and/or beating the boss 

its not a coincidence that around mid-game that getting to the top of the flag poles gets trickier and trickier 

Edited by iStu X

Does it have online multiplayer? And if it does, is it on Nintendo's ancient servers? 

Oh yeah, and I have to play over wifi cause I don't feel like dropping $30 to play wired. With this in mind, the netcode destroys any true competitive balance. 

And there's a pandemic, so collecting 4 people that would want to play mario with me means I'll have to go out of household. 

SO MARIO 3D WORLD GETS A F-/100 FOR TRYING TO KILL ME AND MY FAMILY 

Edited by KingTubb

I have been playing an old-ish game lately that caught my attention and dare i say i am quite impressed with  it. 

It's called   Cry of Fear and it's a former Half Life 2 mod  now standalone title that is free to play on Steam. It's arguably one of the scariest games i have played, the sound design, level design is spot on.  

Games may have evolved in graphical fidelity but older design has a charm that can never be matched. This game is a great example of how good level design and sound design can make for a terrifying experience.

300px-Cry_of_Fear_-_cover.png

Edited by Skort

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the new 3D World port from Amazon after waffling on buying it (and actually pulling the trigger a couple of times, but always walking the purchase back). 

Will probably buy Bravely Default II with the money I'm getting from this focus study in the next few days. Persona 5 Strikers I have coming via release-date delivery from Gamestop via the super-rare store card use.