Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

y'know, I really don't give a damn about whatever is going on with the story in Immortals Fenyx Rising...but it's fun to play so far, so I just wander around the world, gliding, climbing, throwing large rocks at random enemies I probably shouldn't be messing with yet... it also helps that I have this cool customization unlocked (I think because I bought the Gold or whatever the special edition is called) where the character has "cosmic" looking dark purple skin and dark hair, with matching wings and a horse.  I just narrowly escaped a fight with some giant-looking creatures starting to close in on my position, when I was just there to kill the birds while exploring.  

Saint's Row 4--- I haven't played this in a long time... right from the start it's fun; I'm not sure on how I will make this character though... currently I was thinking about making him "Homelander" from The Boys.  One great detail about customization in this, is that the skin tones are NOT limited to real life.. there's options to make your character's skin like gold or emerald, purple, all kinds of wild colors... unlike a lot of other companies out there, the folks behind this game and franchise actually have imagination and creativity, and they seemed intent on design choices that are about letting the player have fun above all other things.

On another note---Borderlands 3---I timed that damn load screen on the front end of the game just now--- from the moment the 2k logo appears thru the ridiculous load screen where you watch Claptrap dance across the screen forever... 

It's 4 minutes and 1 second. Ridiculous.  At least they fixed the terribly laggy menu screens, so there's that.  When the game was new, it would actually take a while to see stuff when you checked inventory and character skills, etc. 

holy shit the difference on Series X though!  Check this out

In about 1 minute and 5 seconds on SX he's already playing...meanwhile the XB1 would have at least 3 minutes of initial load time to go.  Bruh...you could already be close to finishing a side quest by the time the XB1 has finished the initial loading screen. 🤣

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, iStu X said:

Just got done talking to friends about Satoru Iwata since they don’t really know the history of Nintendo and I mentioned I was excited for the Iwata Asks book that comes out in April. 

I have seriously considered picking up this book, since Iwata led Nintendo for quite sometime and I have always been curious about his thought process when making decisions.

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

What is controller drift?  Is it when you arent doing anything, the stick is in the neutral position, and the controller registers that you are pushing a direction?

Yeah, that is it, although some folk also call it when the controller or inputs on it just disconnects from the game for no reason. Personally and mostly with  just the Switch my issues have been it registering the wrong inputs but my nephew who has a Switch original joycons would also disengage in him before we had to buy him new ones.

I'm gonna pay off some bills and save most of it and get myself a few games. Do whatever you want with that money, man.

And @iStu Xwhy does your avatar change so much? You're like a chameleon, man. I gotta keep checking the name/av and it is throwing me off. 🤣

Edited by RegH81
47 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Sony does nothing to stop bots, so those directs are fucking worthless. 

What they should do is randomly put them up for purchase so scalpers have less prep time. Probably wouldn't make a huge difference but, it would be something. 

That's how I got mine. Best Buy said they were dropping systems on 11/22 but didn't say the time. So the bots, like everyone else had no clue when the systems were going to drop. Then they dropped them at the rando time of 5:15am. Then you had to go to three steps before they'd actually let you buy the thing. I thought that would be the turning point. I guess not. It's not going to get better anytime soon. I mean the Ryzen, Radeon, PS5, and XBS are all from AMD on TSMC 7nm. There are only so many wafers to go around and AMD underestimated the demand of their RX6000 series GPUs.

Edit: Thought I was feeling better. Headache and chills hit me with the wake up CA. 😑 And now here come the coughs. I'm gonna try to crash wish me luck.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Aight guys if you're down to play some Mario Kart 8 tonight I just put my son to bed.  @Infernoman I know you wanted to play at some point so don't know if you're wanting to get shells thrown at you tonight.  If you want to some chatter to go with your salt then please join up here.

https://discord.gg/Va7krmzP

Edit:  Room is up.  Join in!  Wish I had a legit stream set up...some day I'll get one.
Edit 2:  room is shut.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Aight guys if you're down to play some Mario Kart 8 tonight I just put my son to bed.  @Infernoman I know you wanted to play at some point so don't know if you're wanting to get shells thrown at you tonight.  If you want to some chatter to go with your salt then please join up here.

https://discord.gg/Va7krmzP

Edit:  Room is up.  Join in!  Wish I had a legit stream set up...some day I'll get one.
Edit 2:  room is shut.

Sorry I couldn't make it...days when my girl comes by I usually am "offline" hopefully next time!

VGM Fridays!!!  Gonna do 2 separate posts today.  First one is going to be in celebration of the rerelease of Super Mario 3D World which has a FANTASTIC Ost.  Super excited that this game gets a second chance and people get to experience it and it's music.  Bowser's Fury got released on sittingonclouds and I listened to it yesterday as well as right now.  So I'm choosing 3 from Bowser's Fury and 3 from 3D World.

51 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Wanna Demon's Souls today @Chadouken

You know, I'd love to, man. But I'm on daddy duty while my wife works today. And I'm only planning on being online for about an hour tonight for RL, then I have to crash early. Gotta get up at 5 am to go hunting tomorrow.

My days of playing videogames during the day are pretty much over. But maybe an evening next week we can try it? I wouldn't mind the help on the last level lol.