Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You know, I'd love to, man. But I'm on daddy duty while my wife works today. And I'm only planning on being online for about an hour tonight for RL, then I have to crash early. Gotta get up at 5 am to go hunting tomorrow.

My days of playing videogames during the day are pretty much over. But maybe an evening next week we can try it? I wouldn't mind the help on the last level lol.

Sure! 

Are you talking about 1-4? Boleterian Castle? Right after the Tower Knight. Or are you at the last last  area in that world? 

4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

After the Penetrator boss. Where the blue dragon comes and fucks your shit up on top of the castle. So that's not the final level?

Oh, no it is. I just thought you might have been reffering to the area before it, lol. 

So you did all the other areas already? Or did you go to 1-4 early? 

Overwatch Ex Lead Writer working on a multiplayer character action game for 2K

https://www.ign.com/articles/overwatch-michael-chu-31st-union-new-game-multiplayer-character-action

More OG crew coming to G4

https://www.ign.com/articles/x-plays-adam-sessler-and-attack-of-the-shows-kevin-pereira-are-officially-returning-to-g4

CoD: Black Ops Cold War becomes one of the best selling games in US history

https://www.ign.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-is-one-of-the-best-selling-games-in-us-history

Vids

Spoiler

Chivalry II - Release date, beta and dev diary

Extra

Edited by Sonichuman
3 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah I beat all the other arch stones already. Final bosses for each one. I'm actually pretty OP right now 😆

What level are you, out of curiosity? 

And what stats and weapons did you end up leaning towards? 

I just did a tried and true sword and shield character for my first run, with a hint of magic so I could buff my weapons for free.  Finished the game at about level 62 I think. 

Edited by M A R T I A N
1 minute ago, M A R T I A N said:

What level are you, out of curiosity? 

I'm over 100 soul level.

I dumped a bunch of levels into magic and memory (like beyond 30), mid 20s in strength. Leveled the Crescent Falchion to +5 and that's began my main weapon. I like to use light armor to stay agile, and my weapon damage scales with my high magic point bonus.

January NPD 2021

I think I missed a couple of months on this...for some reason Mat hasn't put a video up for the past 2 months...probably gonna check ans see what those numbers look like at some point today.

https://venturebeat.com/2021/02/12/january-2021-npd-nintendo-games-and-holiday-hits-lead-surging-sales/

Switch was the highest selling console for the month while PS5 was the highest in terms of dollar sales

Top 20 for the month: CoD:Blops Cold War, Ass Creed: Valhalla, Miles Morales, Dat Madden 21, Animal Crossing: NH, MK8D, Ring Fit Adventure, CoD MW, Smash Ult, NBA 2K21, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, FIFA 21, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, MK 11, Just Dance 2021, LoZ:BotW, Minecraft:PS4 Edition, Cyberpunk 2077, Super Mario Party, UFC 4

Top 10 Nintendo: Animal Crossing:NH, MK8D, Ring Fit Adventure, Smash Ult, Super Mario 3D AS, LoZ: BotW, Just Dance 2021, Super Mario Party, NSMBUD, Super Mario Odyssey

Top 10 Playstation: CoD: Blops CW, Miles Morales, Ass Creed Valhalla, Dat Madden 21, Minecraft, Demon's Souls, GoTsu, FIFA 21, NBA 2K21, CoD:MW

Top 10 Xbox: CoD:Blops CW,  Ass Creed Valhalla, Dat Madden 21, CoD: MW, Forza Horizon 4, NBA 2K21, Cyberpunk 2077, FIFA 21, Minecraft, UFC 4

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

My days of playing videogames during the day are pretty much over.

It probably feels that way right now...but it's more than likely just on an extended hiatus.  Once your child becomes a bit more self sufficient and the possibility of them drinking bleach when you turn head for a half a second goes down you'll probably find some time during the day to play and you'll probably also be playing with your kid of course.  I'm looking forward to that moment the most to be honest.  My kid is already stealing my Switch Pro controller and walking around the house with it while following us around.  AND HE REFUSES TO PLAY WITH THE TOY CONTROLLER THAT WE SPECIFICALLY BOUGHT FOR HIM.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I went looking for cloudstone in 4-3 and realized I could get 10s of thousands of souls real quick using Soul Ray on the flying sting ray thingies. So I may have spent a little bit of time in that area 😂

Pro tip: the final boss area for that world is the best spot to farm Souls in the game. If you use the storm ruler, you can just knock those fuckers out of the sky and you're right next to an archstone for quick and easy rinse and repeat. 👍

1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

Pro tip: the final boss area for that world is the best spot to farm Souls in the game. If you use the storm ruler, you can just knock those fuckers out of the sky and you're right next to an archstone for quick and easy rinse and repeat. 👍

Yeah that's the area I was doing it. But my Soul Ray would one shot them, and often I could get up to three or four in one shot if I timed it right. Magic is seriously OP on this game lol. I need to go ahead and finish it up, maybe start a New Game+ run. But I also recently bought the Dark Souls trilogy and I want to check those out too. They supposedly benefit from the PS5 hardware and preform great.

I took a break to play the final Tomb Raider game and I'm almost done with that. As soon as I'm finished looking at Lara's ass I'll probably start DS1.

Edited by Chadouken

I recently unlocked the katana in Dead Cells...this is instantly my favorite "brutality" weapon... it has normal slash attacks as you could imagine, but also a quick forward dashing slice that does critical damage, and it hits multiple things at once that way.  When you zip by a pack of enemies with the dashing slice, you see the delayed reaction of everything on the path of the dash cut up, usually dead... bruhhhhh... words can't describe how sexy that shit is.  It's the katana every time I go with a brutality build from here on out.

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

veedotme on "Foregone"... this game is looking even better overall than I was expecting... I like what  I see about it so far; the action looks smooth...

I tried this game sometime last year and again a few months later.  It wasn't so good when I tried it out.  But they have done some work.  Her jump animation doesn't look stiff anymore.  I'll have to check it out again.

Sorry for all the Spidey posting but, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of the camera mode. 

20210214_185012.thumb.jpg.db06707af768caf2c1647ecc2e749271.jpg20210214_185017.thumb.jpg.e5b795aca9b98a04bee83517f839df78.jpg20210214_185023.thumb.jpg.3006666b5b6fdf1b7c1cacf4da1bd78a.jpg

This Enter The Spider-verse costume actually animates in stop-motion style like the movie. 😩 Looks jarring compared to the rest of the world at first but, after awhile the novelty has really grown on me. 

For anyone that hasn't seen that movie, you can see the animation style demonstrated pretty clearly here:

33e3d8d662a99b920a42ea10c5f62914.gif.a6067e287d0c7fc5abdc2ffe12accb0d.gif

It's a pretty apt description of the game so far too actually lol