Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

cause that'd mean they have something else they consider to be bigger for their holiday game.

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It’ll be this years holiday title

Yeah, November makes more sense...

UNLESS!

The open world mario game that Bower's Fury is essentially a beta for drops holiday season.

WITH THE SWITCH PRO!

8 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, November makes more sense...

UNLESS!

The open world mario game that Bower's Fury is essentially a beta for drops holiday season.

WITH THE SWITCH PRO!

Switch Pro coming out this holiday is likely. Rumor is that it was supposed to be announced at E3 last year but due to obvious reasons it never materialized. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if delay of the Switch Pro is why we haven’t heard anything about Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime 4

who knows? Nintendo kinda does their own thing 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Haven't they gone on record multiple times saying there is no Switch Pro?

Guess it would be cool if their was one. 

They have said it is unlikely to not going to happen in different instances. 

The fact is many people felt the new consoles would force their hand to make stronger hardware to keep up. However, the new consoles are having supply issues so the Switch has been outpacing them. Also they have had surprise hits to help pace themselves during this period. They are likely working on a Switch upgrade or successor but they don't really have a reason currently to push one out yet given how well the current model is doing.

It doesn't mean they won't or can't but it is just really unlikely. But most would have said the same for the many Nintendo decisions. We will see.

Predicting Ninty to do something based on normal business decisions is rough.  Its both a blessing and a curse.  Its just the way it is.

Its really the only thing you can count on them about is for them to make an unconventional decision on something that most think would be the right decision on it.  Hell majority of us think BotW2 is the holiday game based on what we know but Ninty could pull a curveball on that and put something that we don't even consider to be holiday game in the spot.  Unlikely for just about any other company save for them.

36 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Welp first thing said Switch successor

Just mostly vague statement but the first time they said anything about it.  Said that the switch successor will have to do something new.  Also shots were fired at M$ on company acquisitions.

I love that the president of Nintendo is saying what I’ve been saying since M$ started their mad grab for all these companies. 

ah, I figured there was a way to post it... I had a clip saved of some Boss Rush action in Horde from the other day

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/perfect-hatred/video/126009677

haha it keeps cracking me up to hear Cole yelling out "SECURING ENERGY TAP!!!" while all this craziness is going on. 🤣

I hate that I spent so much time at the damn fabricator though; that brought the pace of the action seen in the clip to a dead stop, unfortunately.

I came so close to getting a PS5 just now. Playstation did another drop and I actually managed to get into the store while they still had stock. I get to the hardware section and standard edition was out of stock. If I didn't have large library of physical games I want to port over I would happily gone with the digital edition but it was not to be. Better luck next time. 

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I never played Skyward Sword. I thought, at least from memory, people just hated the motion controls. You can play without motion controls on Switch so.......everything should be Gucci now right? 🤔

I actually didn't hate the motion controls. It is the structure of the game that I dislike. I still plan to buy this mind you but playing the game back on the Wii/U the problem for me is that it basically makes everything outside of a few places a big dungeon. There is no real exploration in between, you are directed to areas do small puzzles/errands to gain access to dungeon areas proper and do more to get to the boss.

I like to wander around in Zelda environments and this doesn't really give you that option.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I never played Skyward Sword. I thought, at least from memory, people just hated the motion controls. You can play without motion controls on Switch so.......everything should be Gucci now right? 🤔

I'm def playing with the motion but I dig the fact that people now have options.  The story for Skyward Sword is reeeally good so I'd prefer as many people as possible give the game a second chance.

21 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Ninentendo has never operated this way...ever. 

Oh I agree, Nintendo always marched at the beat of their own Drum.

People think there needed to be a Switch pro as there now PS5 and Xbox Series 358/2.
They forget the Switch was less powerful than the PS4 and Xbone before that. 

Or how long did the old B&W (or shades of spinach green) Game Boy outsold and out perform superior hardware with color backlit screens like the Atari Lynx and Sega Game Gear. The difference was the Game Boy had better games and didn't eat batteries 

1 minute ago, DarkSakul said:

People think there needed to be a Switch pro

I don't think there needs to be a switch pro, I just really want one. 

Something with better Joycons, longer battery life, and a first party dock with an ethernet cable port would make me happy. But Nintendo is too busy counting money to make quality of life improvements to their hardware.

Only console Nintendo has bothered to consider a Ethernet port for is the Game Cube, and you had to buy a separate and hard to find (then) add-on. 
Best we can do now is the USB to Ethernet adapter, and lets be glad Nintendo in their "good graces" left that compatibility in so we can use almost any off the shelf adapter. 

I found for handheld mode the Hori Split Pad Pro makes better Joycons, and the Game Pad Pro (or even a 8Bitdo Pad) would be preferable to the Joycons. 

The issue is dust getting inside the rotary components of the Analog nubs, as full sized analog sticks in PlayStation and Xbox controllers don't have the issue.
Hence why if you know what your doing, you can take apart the Joycon and recondition the analog nubs. 

1 minute ago, DangerousJ said:

You didn'tlike the 1995 MK film?

No I love the first MK film. I usually watch it at least once a year.  As much as I enjoy that film though if I'm looking at it objectively its just a good VG movie...same way how I really enjoyed Sonic but I gotta look at it objectively.  I'm saying it would be kind of poetic because for the longest time MK1 has been the bar for VG movies that others haven't been able to surpass and this movie could potentially raise the bar and kind of make things come full circle.