Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

I went ahead and picked up Blizzard Arcade Collection. The only game among the three I've played is The Lost Vikings which I really dug and has a BANGER soundtrack. 

Rock 'N Roll Racing. Everyone goes on about this game's soundtrack and for good reason. It absolutely SLAPS. But the racing itself is really fun. Reminds me of the R.C. Pro AM games on the NES. Car parts are pretty expensive so getting that first place win helps loads. Definitive Edition lets you choose from the original chiptune rock music or CD quality audio. It even has some new tracks like Radar Love and Breaking the Law.

It's that time... Persona 5 Strikers is OUT, folks... and now the temptation--- apparently there is a physical version, but I'm so tempted to get it right now digitally...

Today is also the day for Curse of the Dead Gods, but it hasn't released just yet; on eShop it's still in the "coming soon" section, unfortunately; I assume later today then...

Edited by MillionX

yep I should've seen another delay coming.  It's sad that I already had more realistic hopes of actually getting to play the Vampire Battle Royale game that is planned...that actually has a better shot at coming out sometime soon, I think.  I still have hopes of being a badass Tremere-clan, Ventrue or Lasombra(DLC hopefully) fledgling doing generally awesome vampire shit in the city.

Sadly, they're doomed to lose even more fan support this way; it's unavoidable. 

the lost boys GIF

Target being dumb as shit again. I have the Zelda Joycons preordered through them, right? Well, they already did the authorization charge and refund. Which is fine. But they just did another authorization charge to my account. 

they did this constant authorization charge and refund shit when I preordered my Switch with them too. I don’t want the the joycons enough to deal with this until July. So I’m probably just going to cancel my preorder 

edit: I cancelled them. Target basically told me the same thing they told me when this is happening with my switch preorder back in ‘17 

“we can’t do anything about it. You’ll just have to deal with it” naw, I don’t actually.

I’m not too worried. I’m sure another retailer will get more preorders in soon. 

Edited by iStu X

More Sony titles coming to PC

https://www.ign.com/articles/more-playstation-first-party-games-to-come-to-pc-reportedly-including-days-gone-this-spring

Ratchet and Clank on PS4 will be free next month...no strings attached

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-to-offer-ratchet-clank-ps4-entirely-for-free-next-month

Rumor: Dying Light 2 dev losing people to potentially toxic workspace

https://www.ign.com/articles/dying-light-2-techland-hostile-studio-culture

PSVR 2 confirmed, will come with new controllers

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-vr-2-confirmed-will-have-a-single-wire

Edited by Sonichuman

I been said a while ago that Sony said they planned to bring more of their exclusives to PC.  And they're doing it.  This makes me happy.  Maybe I'll never have to buy a ps4 and I'll still get to try out Bloodborne.

This also makes me think they're gearing up to move away from consoles.  Start now, so by the time PS5 is done they'll already be well into the PC market.

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Who picked up Persona 5 Strikers today and on what system?

I got it on PC.  Probably be a bit before I check it out though.  The little I saw of it it looked kinda cool and not turn based.  I only played one other Persona game and I didnt really care for it. 

Edit - I finally tried out Immortals Fenyx Rising.  Its got a cool way of storytelling thats kinda funny.  Its fun.  Seems like BotW or Genshin Impact. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

I don't recall seeing it on sale before...but RPG Maker MV on Switch is on sale now for 35 bucks (11 days left).  It still frustrates me that you can only make turn-based stuff... I'm still tempted though...

I don't have any hopes that anyone will ever produce an "ARPG Maker" though....apparently no one in the industry is thinking of that greatness, I guess. 😞   It would be a day 1 purchase for me, easyyyyy.  Even if it's as simple as the older stuff like Diablo 1 or 2, I'm absolutely down for that, and I'd go on to spend literally thousands of hours making my own ARPGs.

Other stuff I took note of that is on sale on eShop:

• Children of Morta = 10.99 (14 days remaining)
  • Torchlight 3 = $20 (4 days remaining)
  • Ninja Warriors!!! = $10 (4 days remaining)
Edited by MillionX

About

Narita Boy is a heart-felt love story to the 1980s, featuring a narrative-driven adventure that takes players to a game inside a game, battling powerful bosses and overcoming puzzles in order to uncover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and—ultimately—its creator.

Narita Boy puts players in the shoes of the eponymous digital warrior chosen to wield the Techno-Sword, a legendary weapon capable of defeating fearsome foes in melee or from afar as it instantly transforms into a shotgun or devastating laser beam. By using this new weapon and with the help of the Motherboard, the spiritual leader of the Digital Kingdom, players will face corrupted enemies and hulking bosses to save the electronic synthwave world from the invading Stallions, a group of rogue code bent on forced rule and subjugation. During the journey, players will also explore the memories of the creator that reveals his story, from his early years in Japan, to his creation of—and connection with—the Digital Kingdom.

Key Features

• Go Back to the Future – A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for blast from the past.
  • You Have the Power! – The Techno-Sword can be used alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small.
  • Might as Well Jump – The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments.
  • Pixel-Perfect Story – Encounter weird and wonderful digitized characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator.
  • Pump Up the Jam – Inspired by the glory days of analogue synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey.

oh yeah, I'm loving Curse of the Dead Gods so far.  It has great art design and I love the way it plays (the basics are quite simple; you start with a simple pistol and melee weapon, and a torch...+ a dodge roll and a parry!)... and I'm always interested in the concept curse effects in a game--getting some type of boon but at the cost of something else, and having to consider your options there.  Yeahhh I can see now I'm going to be hooked on this for quite a while.

Just now, iStu X said:

Double posting cause fuck ya’ll

Sakurai Presents Pyra/Mythra on 3/4.

It airs way too early for my ass to watch. All I care about is amiibo releases for Min-Min, Steve and Sephiroth anyways. 

Saw the new Mario 3D World amiibo  at Ganestop....i want Cat Peach....want Bowser and Baby Bowser to....fuck. 

15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Saw the new Mario 3D World amiibo  at Ganestop....i want Cat Peach....want Bowser and Baby Bowser to....fuck. 

do it jewish GIF

I don't particularly like the Cat amiibo but I don't hate them. My main issue is that the Cat Peach amiibo is kinda creepy. When you really look at the sculpt it looks like a cat demon wearing Peach's face. Bowser and Jr. are really good sculpts though. I imagine their reprints are even better.

Whenever Nintendo decides to reprint an amiibo they try to revise any technical issues the sculpt may have had. Examples would be Villager's weird ass nose and eyes placement, Marth's derp face, sculpts lines, etc. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, iStu X said:

do it jewish GIF

I don't particularly like the Cat amiibo but I don't hate them. My main issue is that the Cat Peach amiibo is kinda creepy. When you really look at the sculpt it looks like a cat demon wearing Peach's face. Bowser and Jr. are really good sculpts though. I imagine their reprints are even better.

Whenever Nintendo decides to reprint an amiibo they try to revise any technical issues the sculpt may have had. Examples would be Villager's weird ass nose and eyes placement, Marth's derp face, sculpts lines, etc. 

I actually really like the way the cat amiibo look. I even like the fur texture. 

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I actually really like the way the cat amiibo look. I even like the fur texture. 

the fur texture is really really weird to me. It’ll probably be a detail that grows on me though. 

I don’t like the fact we didn’t get a Meowser amiibo. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Anthem Next cancelled after over a year of restructuring. All members of the Anthem team will be moved to either the ongoing Dragon Age or Mass Effect titles

It was left on the hands of EA leadership, this doesn't surprise me they would cut and run. I feel bad for those who worked so hard to make the game presentable but there efforts will be tainted by yet another major game this generation that had poor leadership leading to a massive flop.