Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

That shit is on Switch?  Man, I really want one of those but I just aint down with that price tag. 

I started a Dark Souls play through a few months ago.  Doing it blind style like, no guides or anything like that.  Shit was rough but fun.  I got sidetracked with a number of other games doe and I forgot where I was at and what I was doing so I decided to abandon the run.  I'll just start over again. 

If you haven't checked out Loop Hero I suggest you do.  That shit is addicting as hell.  Its ugly, looks like an old nintendo game, but its really fun.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I really hope the PS5 controller is built a lot stronger than the PS4 controller.  I've heard so many people talk about how PS4 controller falls apart on them.  Next controller I get I wanna get PS5 controller.  That haptic feedback seems cool. 

Seems to be worse actually. 

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’ve never had to replace a DS4 and I’ve had my PS4 since close to launch. 

Then you have been fortunate.

The D-pad on my Black Friday 2018 unit's included DS4 is nigh unusable, and the Blue one I bought alongside it, had its Left Analog give out and do the Switch thing.

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

I finally bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I think all the Marvel comics and media I've been super consuming had a lot to do with it. It arrives on Friday. Already thinking of my dream team.

Ms marvel is broke. Put everything into spinning foot attack thingy. It’s chops off chunks of stamina meter at a time . 

starlord and crystal are obnoxiously good together as well 

Edited by iStu X

Hmm seems kinda suspect

Koei Tecmo Couldn't Salvage The Data for Ninja Gaiden Black And Ninja Gaiden II

zb5aatvglchm1pgeuegq.png

In the most recent Weekly Famitsu, Team Ninja brand manager Fumihiko Yasuda explains why Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II were not included in the collection.

“I am aware there are pros and cons,” Yasuda said. “For me personally, Ninja Gaiden II was my debut, and so I have a deep feeling for it. But there’s another reason for this choice. To be honest, there are only fragments of the data that remain. We couldn’t salvage them. However, when developing Sigma Plus and Sigma Plus 2 [for the PlayStation Vita], we got as much of this kind of data together as we could and organized it. Because we use utilize that is the reason why we selected Sigma.”

https://kotaku.com/koei-tecmo-couldnt-salvage-the-data-for-ninja-gaiden-bl-1846550279

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hmm seems kinda suspect

Koei Tecmo Couldn't Salvage The Data for Ninja Gaiden Black And Ninja Gaiden II

zb5aatvglchm1pgeuegq.png

In the most recent Weekly Famitsu, Team Ninja brand manager Fumihiko Yasuda explains why Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II were not included in the collection.

“I am aware there are pros and cons,” Yasuda said. “For me personally, Ninja Gaiden II was my debut, and so I have a deep feeling for it. But there’s another reason for this choice. To be honest, there are only fragments of the data that remain. We couldn’t salvage them. However, when developing Sigma Plus and Sigma Plus 2 [for the PlayStation Vita], we got as much of this kind of data together as we could and organized it. Because we use utilize that is the reason why we selected Sigma.”

https://kotaku.com/koei-tecmo-couldnt-salvage-the-data-for-ninja-gaiden-bl-1846550279

This is actually a pretty common occurrence. There are companies that used to just throw away source code in the NES days because they didn't have room to store it all if they had lots of games they were putting out. 

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

This is actually a pretty common occurrence. There are companies that used to just throw away source code in the NES days because they didn't have room to store it all if they had lots of games they were putting out. 

Yeah SE actually lost the source code for the PS version of FFVIII. Japanese developers seem to have been more careless with their source code in the past.

37 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Oh man this is great news! I love that all these game OSTs are becoming available on major music platforms. 

Yup.

I lost my copy of the XX soundtrack that came with my PS2 AC disc, and damn... that is a great soundtrack.

Writhe in Pain is always on my workout loop.

54 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Yup.

I lost my copy of the XX soundtrack that came with my PS2 AC disc, and damn... that is a great soundtrack.

Writhe in Pain is always on my workout loop.

I searched high and low for a ps2 disc of the game but the one I finally found didn't come with the OST disc. There are so many great songs on that, Burly Heart being one of my faves. 

Iiiit's friday!  Since this also happens to be the release of MH Rise I figure I'll attempt to do 2 posts with the first VGM Friday post being Monster Hunter based.

Bonus!!!  I usually limit myself to 5 but then Consouls put up their version of Kamura's Song of Purification literally 12 minutes ago and it just showed up in my feed.  I felt it was too coincidental for me not to put up.

Edited by Sonichuman

...because beating a dead horse is fun... I still enjoy laughing at the sorry state of the Avengers game

All these months later---and they've only added 2 *archers* in this "superhero" game.  Bruh...I mean really---do they really think people buy a MARVEL game to play as regular street-level hero characters that are good at archery?  

...and in terms of the villains--- Taskmaster and Abomination??!  I know MODOK is somewhere in the mix as well and that's a good choice, imo...but really, 3 supervillains is all this MARVEL game brings to the table?  Bruh...

The Wire Reaction GIF

*meanwhile in Marvel UA 3-- you're dealing with people like Dr. Doom, Sandman, Venom, Thanos, Magneto, Green Goblin, the list goes on.  There's even a goddamn Celestial in there.

Edited by MillionX

I got my Banjo, Byleth and Terry amiibo today. I wanted to post a pic on here of them but no matter how I crop the upload is too big for the site.

My monster hunter rise amiibo got delayed until next week. 😞

Edited by iStu X