Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Anyway, back in Vampyr---another deliciously evil thing came to mind that I intend to do later... there is a certain character's daughter that I intend to "embrace"... I don't recall doing that last time.  Yeah---anyone, anytime, anywhere.  No one is safe.

Halloween Creeping GIF by Death Wish Coffee

You get a pretty nice item for doing so if it's the character I'm thinking of...

I love that Nosferatu movie, and I even found a DVD version of it ages ago that has Type O Negative songs for the soundtrack, which I thought was interesting because I've seen it with various soundtracks, including one that was some Ornette Coleman type free jazz.

9 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I only ever played the first Ass Creed game and that shit sucked and from what I saw of the others they sucked too. 

Honestly you aren't missing out on much. 
Cool ability to climb over buildings and such, but near endless fetch quests pad out the game that reminiscent of the N64 fetch platformers. 

Later games are so buggy they make Cyber Punk 2077 and Fallout New Vegas look stable. 

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth is now available for PC via Steam for $19.99, publisher Playism and developers Why So Serious? and Team Ladybug announced.

Lodoss-War-Deedlit_03-26-21.jpg

Story

Deedlit suddenly awakens in an unfamiliar place. Where is she? Why is she here? With no one around to reply, there is only silence. Deedlit begins to wander, in search of answers…

In this full release, the mysteries of the labyrinth into which Deedlit has wandered will be revealed. The heart-wrenching climax leads directly into the latest installment in the series, Record of Lodoss War: Diadem of the Covenant…

Game System

• Use spirits, various weapons, and magical powers to make your way through a sprawling maze in this action-exploration game.
  • Defeat enemies to use “Soul Stream” to power up your spirits and gain the upper hand in battle.
  • Maneuver through all sorts of gimmicks using your arrows and the spirits “Sylph” and “Salamander” and their special elemental abilities.

Full Release Update Contents

Stages 5 and 6 have been added to the full release, completing this six-stage 2D action-exploration title.

The story finally reaches its climax. With a slew of tough enemies and hardcore bosses even more powerful than those in the preceding stages, you won’t be able to put the controller down.

One boss of Stage 5 is the Emperor Beld of Marmo, also known as the “Dark Emperor.” Infamous as one of the best swordsmen in Lodoss, he’ll use his amazing powers and prowess with his blade to stop Deedlit in her tracks.

Featuring all-new weapons and magic, like the magical blade of Lodoss known as “Soul Crusher.” Chock full of stage gimmicks requiring spirit powers and arrows to clear, your bow and arrow skills will truly be put to the test.

Unexpectedly forced to face off against previously appearing friends such as Etoh, Slayn, Ghim, and Woodchuck, Deedlit will finally find out the truth behind their words of warning and encouragement.

Also, in response to the overwhelming feedback received from players around the world during Early Access, the following contents have been included in this update.

• Easier map location checking
  • Fixed explosions after unpausing
  • Cubes released by enemies are now opaque, improving visibility
  • Stun conditions updated
  • Rooms containing bosses can now be checked from outside
  • Difficulty levels of existing stages have been adjusted to better fit the entire game
  • Player-character afterimage can now be turned off in settings
  • A large number of bug fixes, fine tuning, and other adjustments are also included.
  • Thank you all so much for all your support and requests.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Gross 

you had one job activision 

hahaha and I'd bet they probably "forgot" to mention that little detail anywhere in fine print....because most of the companies in this industry are absolute scum.

Anyway, in happier news, I got my physical version of Kingdoms of Amalur for Switch wayyy early today!  Man, this wasn't supposed to arrive until next week but ok I'll take it...hell yeah man---I got Monster Hunter Rise earlier and now my precious Amalur is here.

ric flair GIF by WWE

ohhh yeah this gonna be good; I had to check out the forums to see people's reactions to this Crash Bandicoot 4 nonsense

https://steamcommunity.com/app/731490/discussions/0/3079873089697597615/

haha I hope the game bombs as hard as possible.  These companies need to learn their lesson the hard way, with the embarrassing failure of no one buying the shit.

Funny thing is...some people may think I'm exaggerating when I say things like we can expect a future re-release of things like original Pacman and Dig Dug.... but online-only....for no fucking reason at all, other than the company being an insanely controlling, greedy asshole.  

I keep wondering what happened to the basic "good business" concept of making sure your clientele is happy?  (which in turn leads to repeat business going forward.)  There's a lot of DUMB muthafuckas in various industries making critical decisions lately.

Edited by MillionX

Nintendo continues to be the greatest ally of the scalping community

It's almost time for 3D All-Stars to go away, simply because they said so 🤣  Imagine how much this shit will go for on ebay after they pull the plug on it....I keep seeing it every time I go to various stores, so I've been tempted to cash-in on it too.... still thinking about it, actually... people will probably be selling these for at least a few hundred a piece soon, just watch... 😆

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I should've bought a copy when I had the chance, could've made an easy profit off reselling that Mario Collection. That's what I get for being merciful 😂

It's not March 31st yet.   There's still copies out there in the wild that if you really want it for whatever the reason then you can get it.  I just did a quick look on Gamestop and Amazon and they're still there.

I know it sucks and it's really dumb that Nintendo is doing this limited run thing on this game but it's been out for 6 months and based on the way the game has been selling during that period they'd been doing a solid job keeping the game in stock for this period.  The people who truly want the game should have gotten it by now and if you chose to wait it out despite Ninty telling you straight up before it even goes on sell that that it's going to be a limited run and you choose to wait it out for whatever reason then I'm sorry...I don't have any sympathy at that point.  I'm not defending their decision to do this since I find it pretty shitty myself (I find the fact that they're actually going to stop selling it digitally at least even more problematic then the stopping of the physical personally...still makes absolutely no sense to me from a business and a consumer perspective but whatever) but if you haven't picked the game up at this point then you only have yourself to blame on that front.

ive spent like..since genshin impact came out..like around 300 dollars on the game.

game is free as you know. but you know its a gatcha game. you want new characters. s tier. you gotta gamble roll for em. you need primogems to get wishes. wishes to roll with.

genshin is addictive no doubt. but at this point i think i have a gambling problem. cuz every new character banner has me going in with my wallet like:

spacer.png

I honestly don't think Mario 3D All stars is going to Appreciate very much. It's everywhere. May have been Available for o oh 6 months but they printed 3 years worth or some shit because I see it EVERYWHERE. Every store with a game secti0n has a copy of this game. Its bot rare and its not hard to fond and im really pretty sure it won't be hard to find for a really long ass time. 

I don't see the value going up. Limited prints and a small release would drive the price up but it didn't really get either one of those. 

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I honestly don't think Mario 3D All stars is going to Appreciate very much. It's everywhere. May have been Available for o oh 6 months but they printed 3 years worth or some shit because I see it EVERYWHERE. Every store with a game secti0n has a copy of this game. Its bot rare and its not hard to fond and im really pretty sure it won't be hard to find for a really long ass time. 

I don't see the value going up. Limited prints and a small release would drive the price up but it didn't really get either one of those. 

Can't those games be fairly well emulated too? Unless the qol Nintendo gave them is that good. 

2 hours ago, PussyStuffer said:

ive spent like..since genshin impact came out..like around 300 dollars on the game.

game is free as you know. but you know its a gatcha game. you want new characters. s tier. you gotta gamble roll for em. you need primogems to get wishes. wishes to roll with.

genshin is addictive no doubt. but at this point i think i have a gambling problem. cuz every new character banner has me going in with my wallet like:

Wow.

Really?

I have spent only 5 dollars because the blessing i bought the month it came out and i had the extra bucks on my psn wallet.

After that i have not spent a dime on the game and still have all the waifus and some of the top tier husbandos.

10 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Can't those games be fairly well emulated too? Unless the qol Nintendo gave them is that good. 

I have at least 1/3 of that collection on my 3DS, already... and it is really the only pice of the whole set that I'd WANT to have.

SMB Sunshine was never my thing, and Galaxy is still too fresh in my head to warrant another playthrough... especially considering how superior I found Galaxy 2 to be.

7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Wow.

Really?

I have spent only 5 dollars because the blessing i bought the month it came out and i had the extra bucks on my psn wallet.

After that i have not spent a dime on the game and still have all the waifus and some of the top tier husbandos.

Emulation plays an extremely small role in the appreciation value of a game. 

But yea they all can be Emulated pretty easily and you can do more QOL in one if your willing to poke around then Nintendo offered in this pack. 

ok yeah it's definitely on now---in Saint's Row 4, there is a more traditional superhero outfit that just happens to default to the red/blue color scheme.  Oh yeah, this is perfect for my Homelander character design I have going on at the moment.

This one was so good, I doubt they could ever top themselves with SR4.  A friend and I were playing earlier tonight, and forgot there was even a Streets of Rage segment in the game.  There's a little something for everyone here...the game is the total package.  Look at how insane this shit is at a glance... Saint's Row 4:

• You are a former gang member... that is now the President of the United States.  Keith David is the VP....and he's not even playing a character; he's actually "Vice President Keith David" in the game.
  • Hostile aliens show up so of course it's up to you to save the world.
  • They also implement The Matrix, which explains the super powers.
  • There's enemies in the game that look suspiciously similar to T-800s.
  • Rowdy Roddy Piper shows up out of nowhere at some point.
  • Romance options--> go up to Kenzie and just say "Hey Kenzie, wanna fuck?"  And she's down for it right then and there.  

That's how this game rolls.  This is just the tip of the iceberg for the kind of craziness going on in this game, man.  "This is GOLD, Jerry."  Once the world was blessed with the Saint's Row franchise, I seriously never looked back at GTA anymore.

Edited by MillionX