Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

well well, of course the Outriders servers are down again.  Y'know what would be nice?  If it were made like a NORMAL fucking game that doesn't rely on the goddamn internet/servers.  Then, servers going down would only mean you can't play with friends right now....you could still be going thru the story, leveling up and getting more loot.

Anyway, I just noticed this cute little thing here streaming the game...kinda looks like a chubby version of 80s-era Lisa Bonet, at least going by the face...

niiiiiice.... I think she just earned a new fan.... I'll be keeping tabs...

anyway, before it went down again today---I got to level 18 now with Trickster... I have quite a few purple-rarity items now, so my character is absolutely ridiculous at this point.  I have 2 purple-tier shotguns that are just monsters...they each have 2 special effects with each shot.  Currently I'm going with that "recall" power that lets me teleport back to the original point of casting it, and "hunt the prey" which is the "teleport behind enemy lines" thing....and the Slow Time bubble.  Most enemies really have no chance against all this. 😆

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I try to buy physical releases when I can. Bought this from PlayAsia.

spacer.png

Hopefully you didn’t pay too much. In US and Canada BestBuy has distribution exclusivity for any games LRG and their partners decide to release commercially 

Edited by iStu X

They are clearly seemed to be focused on getting the PS4/Pro version up to snuff so that Sony lets them sell it on PSN again. Pro seems decent now. If those changes are applied to One X, It'll probably be a near rock solid 30fps all the time. I don't see how it'll ever be possible to get the game near 30 on base X-Box One and I don't think the outlook for base PS4 is much better. Between the slow hard drives and abysmal CPUs it's going to be a slog. I hope I'm wrong.

So I'm lost in the fucking sewers. I killed all the rats and water blobs, and found the NPC near a locked door at the very end. But I don't have the god damned key. I've got 4 estus left so I'm reluctant to rest at the bonfire because then I'd have to kill all the fucks again. But I have 10k souls and if I have to do another boss fight and die then I'll risk losing them. 

But I gotta find my way out of the fucking place first. Or find whatever the fuck key it is I need.

Well, Outriders was working better earlier today... then again was the early hours of the morning (*haha, meaning West Coast players weren't really awake yet....kinda sad that you have to plan around that these days due to the online-only thing infecting the entire industry)

It's interesting to see how busted these characters can get, and yet the game CAN still stomp you sometimes.  All 3 guns my character have equipped are some awesome purple/epic rarity ones with the extra effects on them...and most of my armor/clothing is epic as well.  I just got a new shotgun; forgot what level it is....but this shit was already hitting for about 1000 to 1100-something *before* the "twisted rounds" buff (*an ability where you infuse your bullets with anomaly power) was applied!  The firepower the Trickster can have built up is insane, man.  I'm using that top skill tree which focuses a bit more on weapon damage.  Also, 1 of the special effects on my armor grants another boost specifically to shotgun damage.  I'm at level 24 now.  I got another legendary... but it was a damn sniper rifle 

7 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

So I'm lost in the fucking sewers. I killed all the rats and water blobs, and found the NPC near a locked door at the very end. But I don't have the god damned key. I've got 4 estus left so I'm reluctant to rest at the bonfire because then I'd have to kill all the fucks again. But I have 10k souls and if I have to do another boss fight and die then I'll risk losing them. 

But I gotta find my way out of the fucking place first. Or find whatever the fuck key it is I need.

Such is the dilemma you often find yourself in in Souls games lol 

oh---"Games with Gold"--- Vikings - Wolves of Midgard is one of the games on there this month!  I was always interested in that game but still hadn't bought it, so this works out perfectly for me.  There is also some twin-stick shooter called Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse.

Games I'd love to see some updates on...

Lost Soul Aside? --I think that was the name...awesome "stylish action" kinda thing, apparently designed by just 1 guy, but it looked awesome in every clip I've seen.

That Vampire Battle Royale game--- I'm not into the battle royales, but one in the "World of Darkness" automatically interests me, of course....even if the very concept is very much against the idea of maintaining any shred of "Masquerade". (*hmm..perhaps Sabbat side vs. Camarilla + Anarch vamps?  I'd throw some Infernalists in the mix as well)  It's unfortunate that this is the only VTM *action* game that has a chance at releasing anytime soon.

Hatred on Switch-- I get the feeling this was quietly canceled, and I'm sitting here as literally the only person in the world that cared about it. 🤣  

EDIT---I still got the link to that tweet, actually...it was from April of 2020

I think they've moved on to other things, it seems... I doubt this is still happening 😞 

yep, must be dead... the last thing I see in that twitter thread is a dude's post from January this year asking if this is still going to happen...there are no replies following that post.

Edited by MillionX

I've been seeing stuff about this game called Friday Night Funkin in my feed for like the past week but have been ignoring it until I took looked at a cover of one of the songs from the game that FamilyJules and ToxicEternity did which made me look to hear what the original source (warning: does use beeps and boops and uh what I can only desribe is like animalese\from Animal Crossing like sounds for the songs) sounded like then actually look to see what this game was.

Apparently it's a Newgrounds game that's all the rage at the moment that is like DDR with a dash of Parappa.  I say dash because you can't really free style but you are battling a character in a rhythm game.  This game is in a demo state at the moment here and it is going to be updated so says the description. Ultimate goal is this game will eventually come to consoles.  Give a shot if you're interested.  Some of the music that I've heard so far I kinda dig especially that track that plays at the title screen.

well, a new character class for Torchlight 3?!?

This is just what the doc ordered, imo... the characters that are there currently just aren't that great, imo... I only really like the mage (*it would be nice if they didn't make that character look so goofy though), and the robot is mildly interesting to play.

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, MillionX said:

oh---"Games with Gold"--- Vikings - Wolves of Midgard is one of the games on there this month!  I was always interested in that game but still hadn't bought it, so this works out perfectly for me.  There is also some twin-stick shooter called Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse.

Games I'd love to see some updates on...

Lost Soul Aside? --I think that was the name...awesome "stylish action" kinda thing, apparently designed by just 1 guy, but it looked awesome in every clip I've seen.

That Vampire Battle Royale game--- I'm not into the battle royales, but one in the "World of Darkness" automatically interests me, of course....even if the very concept is very much against the idea of maintaining any shred of "Masquerade". (*hmm..perhaps Sabbat side vs. Camarilla + Anarch vamps?  I'd throw some Infernalists in the mix as well)  It's unfortunate that this is the only VTM *action* game that has a chance at releasing anytime soon.

Hatred on Switch-- I get the feeling this was quietly canceled, and I'm sitting here as literally the only person in the world that cared about it. 🤣  

EDIT---I still got the link to that tweet, actually...it was from April of 2020

I think they've moved on to other things, it seems... I doubt this is still happening 😞 

yep, must be dead... the last thing I see in that twitter thread is a dude's post from January this year asking if this is still going to happen...there are no replies following that post.

Not going to lie, I had forgotten about that game. Not mad if it was cancelled, not much there besides the 'edge' and especially with all the recent events involving gun violence, protests, attacks and etc, since last year it would be risky as hell to let that game drop even among the flood of e Shop titles that would bury it.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Let’s bury this failure of a game with even more anti-consumer bullshit 

And yet people defend SF5 as somehow being less shit than this.

At least Avengers has some basic understanding of the mechanics of its own genre.

It's a Movie property based game - it knows it is supposed to suck.

9 minutes ago, JHDK said:

It's a Movie property based game - it knows it is supposed to suck.

But it shouldn’t have sucked. This should have been an easy slam dunk for everyone involved. 

House of Mouse is also usually hands on to an excessive degree at times, yet somehow they let this cluster fuck happen

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

But it shouldn’t have sucked. This should have been an easy slam dunk for everyone involved. 

House of Mouse is also usually hands on to an excessive degree at times, yet somehow they let this cluster fuck happen

Disney doesn't know how to into vidya gaems. 

For a brief time they had something going but never really grew it very well and let Disney Interactive just fall apart. Such a shame...

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

@iStu XYo bro. Tips?

**DEEP BREATH**

Grind the aquatic enemies via encounter chains at the beach by the beginner town. The item you need is fresh fish, which is given to you in one of your first side quests.  Fresh fish is also a common drop for all the enemies there. So you can loop it.

It’s not necessary but I recommend hard saving before every chain encounter until you get a good stock pile of fresh fish. 

max out freelancer ASAP. It gives you 2 abilities that helps power level jobs.

whenever you get new classes, go back to the beginner beach. There are other “better” ways to power level your jobs but they’re not as consistent as the beach and they’re more time consuming. 

Also once Godspeed Strike through Thief is learned by everyone make sure someone is always sub-classing a thief and build their equipment and passive abilities around being a thief. The move is absolutely busted and you want to spam it as much as possible to make quick work against bosses. 

spiritmancers are OP as fuck too. Once they’re mastered they passively cast a heal spell, mp recover spell, Esuna and life on every party member every turn. 

Once you have access to the class you should  learn indiscriminate rage from the berserker class ASAP. Its a passive ability you can equip which lets  you target every enemy at once. It’s invaluable outside of certain boss fights 

Once you master every class available go back to frelancer and subclass them to whatever you need. Freelancer is the best class in the game. It gets an ability where all your stats get better for every class you have mastered. They make main jobbing any other class pointless because their natural stats are so high compared to everything else. 

you eventually learn break damage limit but it doesn’t really matter until you can spam Godspeed strike towards the back half of the game  

(The ability costs almost 100mp but there are passives that reduce cost of all spells and abilities) 

you can also ignore all this and play your own way because doing all the shit I just said makes the game way too easy to borderline boring

Edited by iStu X

Right on cool. I probably won't rely or try most of that too much, least not on my first run, it's also normal mode. Game wastes no time getting started (tho I think they could do better to hook you early, FF9 still my dog intro good standard) and it has a proper class and job system so good chance it will sink its claws in. I'll keep those tips in mind for when I wanna get a class somewhere relatively quickly tho. 

I have the first 2 on 3DS but never played them much, tho that mostly boils down to me not using my 3DS all that much in the long run. I have a bunch of games for it but I barely use it. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

So the 3D All Stars scalpers are already coming at full force. Listings for it are already retarded.

Eh. They’re not though. I’m still mainly seeing MSRP and slightly above MSRP. Those ones going for hundreds to thousands of dollars and all those other goofy ass prices I wouldn’t take even remotely serious. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

So the 3D All Stars scalpers are already coming at full force. Listings for it are already retarded.

Yeah I heard but this.  They started immediately after the 31st...didn't even check to see if there were any copies left to purchase just stuck the games out at their ridiculous price.

57 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Digital E3 happening June 12th-15th. Pretty much everyone who’s expected will be there. Sony and EA opting not to participate 

They changed up the dates a bit so I need to make sure the dates I put in to be off line up.   EA is probably going to do 'their own thing' roughly around the same timeframe.  I wouldn't be surprised of Sony did a State of Play around that same time frame too.  That way they can get the benefits of E3 without really taking part of E3. 

One of Disney's problems---they are simply out of touch when it comes to video games in general.  For years now, I've suspected that the suits in charge of certain things there are indeed actual boomer-generation dudes that take one look at anything and are like "...video games?  wha--?  What the hell is a 'videa game?  Ahhhh it's a worthless little fad; cancel whatever that is, if it's not generating at least 685 billion for us."  

How much longer until they pull the license on that shit and cancel another one? 🤣  We all know this is inevitable.  I know that youtuber Cyael has probably already made another couple of vids on the latest developments, I'm sure... haha I look forward to more of him roasting the shit out of that game....it's always quality material there.

...annnnd this is also one of the reasons I hate the idea of them owning nearly everything in terms of entertainment these days. 

D3-- I've been going slower than usual on this season...this is week #2 and I'm still not at level 70 just yet...level 62 wizard.  I'm definitely looking forward to playing the Firebird set due to the new way it works....after that I'm making another necromancer to play the new version of the Rathma set.

haha here's his latest rant, btw

Edited by MillionX
54 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Game on kickstarter inspired by Star Fox

It looks like garbage. Not even just aesthetically. It just looks and feels like al horribly made foreign knockoff. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Apparently it was MLB's decision to bring The Show to Xbox

https://www.ign.com/articles/mlb-the-show-21-xbox-playstation-mlb-decision

My first thought is...They can do that?

Yeah I remember reading that. It just goes to show you even a old crusty MLB organization knows more about building an audience and fans then the NFL executives who are all about the money or their egos.

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

so I bit the bullet and bought the limited run games ver of NMH1 and 2. I love artbooks and despite the price, I couldn't say no to a series I love.

When does the preorder window on those close? 

also, unrelated, I had this pretty young thang waiting for me when I got home

D42757E7-DD40-4F5D-868C-A42AF5F32DC3.thumb.jpeg.955cad6f5a4317dbb7e46be48052720f.jpeg

I was initially considering just turning around and selling it on eBay. The reason being is at the time of Rise’s launch weekend the controller was going for over $300usd. But now the 2nd hand market has smoothed itself out. So now it’s only selling for about $100-120usd. 

The controller was about $86 after tax. So the profit margin is negligible to me. So I’ll probably just keep it. 

Edited by iStu X