Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

On 4/6/2021 at 2:20 AM, iStu X said:

**DEEP BREATH**

Grind the aquatic enemies via encounter chains at the beach by the beginner town. The item you need is fresh fish, which is given to you in one of your first side quests.  Fresh fish is also a common drop for all the enemies there. So you can loop it.

It’s not necessary but I recommend hard saving before every chain encounter until you get a good stock pile of fresh fish. 

max out freelancer ASAP. It gives you 2 abilities that helps power level jobs.

whenever you get new classes, go back to the beginner beach. There are other “better” ways to power level your jobs but they’re not as consistent as the beach and they’re more time consuming. 

Also once Godspeed Strike through Thief is learned by everyone make sure someone is always sub-classing a thief and build their equipment and passive abilities around being a thief. The move is absolutely busted and you want to spam it as much as possible to make quick work against bosses. 

spiritmancers are OP as fuck too. Once they’re mastered they passively cast a heal spell, mp recover spell, Esuna and life on every party member every turn. 

Once you have access to the class you should  learn indiscriminate rage from the berserker class ASAP. Its a passive ability you can equip which lets  you target every enemy at once. It’s invaluable outside of certain boss fights 

Once you master every class available go back to frelancer and subclass them to whatever you need. Freelancer is the best class in the game. It gets an ability where all your stats get better for every class you have mastered. They make main jobbing any other class pointless because their natural stats are so high compared to everything else. 

you eventually learn break damage limit but it doesn’t really matter until you can spam Godspeed strike towards the back half of the game  

(The ability costs almost 100mp but there are passives that reduce cost of all spells and abilities) 

you can also ignore all this and play your own way because doing all the shit I just said makes the game way too easy to borderline boring

@RSG3 I'd also recommend Counter Savvy from the Ranger class. Enemies start to counter your attacks  in the game. Counter Savvy dodges all physical counter attacks. It gels well with Turn Tables from the Phantom class. That skill gives you 1BP every time you dodge an attack. If you know an enemy has physical counters, you purposely trigger them, dodge with Counter Savvy, which triggers Turn Tables, and you bank BP. With Indiscriminate Rage hitting every enemy, you can stack BP fast. It won't protect you against magic attacks but its still useful. 

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@RSG3 I'd also recommend Counter Savvy from the Ranger class. Enemies start to counter your attacks  in the game. Counter Savvy dodges all physical counter attacks. It gels well with Turn Tables from the Phantom class. That skill gives you 1BP every time you dodge an attack. If you know an enemy has physical counters, you purposely trigger them, dodge with Counter Savvy, which triggers Turn Tables, and you bank BP. With Indiscriminate Rage hitting every enemy, you can stack BP fast. It won't protect you against magic attacks but its still useful. 

Counter savvy is good but I ended up finding it to be a waste of an ability slot towards the end of the game. I do like the combo you mentioned a lot though. I used it for a bit. 

Edited by iStu X

Blasphemous physical Deluxe Edition launches June 29

Includes digital soundtrack, art book, comic, and more.

Blasphemous_04-07-21.jpg

Sold Out will distribute a physical Deluxe Edition of action platformer Blasphemous for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on June 29, the company announced.

Published by Team17 and developed by The Game Kitchen, the Deluxe Edition includes the following content:

• A physical copy of the game
  • 32-track digital soundtrack
  • 195-page digital art book
  • Digital comic
  • “Alloy of Sin” and “Golden Burden” in-game character skins
  • Sticker sheet
  • 180 x 290mm poster of Cvstodia

“We’re thrilled to team up with Team17 once again to deliver this deluxe Blasphemous physical edition,” said Sold Out senior product manager Katie Clark in a press release. “Whether you’re already a fan of the game or want to jump into the nightmare world of Cvstodia for the first time, Blasphemous Deluxe Edition offers an exciting physical package for players to add to their collection.”

Blasphemous is available now digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam.

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

D42757E7-DD40-4F5D-868C-A42AF5F32DC3.thumb.jpeg.955cad6f5a4317dbb7e46be48052720f.jpeg

God, I want that Pro-Controller!!

But none of the stores in my part of Texas has them.

Anyways, I'm in the endgame armor, deco' and charm grind now. Though, I'm thinking of creating a second character account. 

I'll more than likely create a male hunter since some of the armor looks badass!!

If you were planning on learning how to make games

Learn How to Make Games With a Premium Unity Developer Certification Bundle for $45

uwowcy17pszw4zyolkry.png

Have you ever wanted to learn how to make video games, but have no idea where to start? StackSocial has you covered. You can currently grab a premium Unity game developer certification bundle for $45. To put things into perspective, this is a $3,400 value. You’re getting it 98% off here, so it’s as close to a steal as you’re going to get. The bundle features 17 courses hat cover everything from an intro to mobile game development to how to make low poly 3D environments.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-2021-premium-unity-game-developer-certification-bundle

Just like most sports heroes, shut up Tom Brady, even in the game industry creators skills and vision eventually fall off.

Yuji Naka has done more then just Sonic in terms of contributions to the overall gaming history but yeah at this point the name don't equal quality. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He was literally the lead programmer. He wasn't responsible for the level design/gameplay nor the art style. I never understood why he got so much credit.

Cuz he is the lead programmer. He was instrumental in implementing and making all that shit work. 

Dudes a bit overhyped but your underplaying his role a bit to lol. 

Edited by RSG3
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

Fucking oof 

I kinda feel bad for Naka since it just seems that he's just been slowly swirling the drain ever since he left Sega.  He's had a few good ideas since leaving but that's about it.   And then on top of the fact that way before this game came out just about everyone who previewed the game gave negative feed back on it and he seems to have just completely ignored it.

Vids

Spoiler

Gears 5 - Operation 6 Drop 2

Gears 5 Operation 6 Drop 2 PVP update

Gears 5 Operation 6 Drop 2 PVE update

^This is supposed to be a 1st person cinematic survival horror game but the majority of this is a voice over just talking about how you're gonna be lost over top of showing near still images of the environment.  This first trailer is not leaving that great of an impression...should have just waited till you had the gameplay trailer ready.

Extra

Edited by Sonichuman
22 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Cuz he is the lead programmer. He was instrumental in implementing and making all that shit work. 

Dudes a bit overhyped but your underplaying his role a bit to lol. 

Naoto Ohshima is the one that should have gotten most the credit. He's the one that was responsible for the level design and gameplay. Naka programmed what Ohshima came up with. Ohshima was the architect. He created the blueprints to what made those early Sonic titles great. A great builder isn't much without the architect. 

Edit: I have to take an L. It was Hirokazu Yasuhara that designed the gameplay and levels. Ohshima designed the characters themselves.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Naoto Ohshima is the one that should have gotten most the credit. He's the one that was responsible for the level design and gameplay. Naka programmed what Ohshima came up with. Ohshima was the architect. He created the blueprints to what made those early Sonic titles great. A great builder isn't much without the architect. 

Edit: I have to take an L. It was Hirokazu Yasuhara that designed the gameplay and levels. Ohshima designed the characters themselves.

Yea I wish those people got more credit to, not saying they shouldn't and that Naka is a bit over hyped just lead programmer is still huge imprint is all. 

Waka Waka, PAC-MAN 99 can finally be played. Unless you guys are cool controlling that cherry-chasing dot muncher with the control pad, the first thing you do when booting the game up is set movement to the L stick. That's just from a scrubby PAC-MAN player that has played the game his whole life with the stick.

May God have mercy on your soul if you come across those PAC-MAN champs that know what's up. Those players that know the ins and outs of PAC-MAN like it is the only game they have ever played.

13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Word is Phil Spencer is working extremely close to Hideo Kojima on a huge exclusive for Xbox. 

The reason Phil trying to make this huge exclusive work with Kojima is to make the Xbox brand more appealing to Japanese developer and publishers 

Honestly the opening is there for MS to make a strides in Japan. The Series X and S are more compact than the PS5 and frankly Sony has basically given Japan the finger. The small to medium sized developers have been flocking to the Switch. Even with it's strong sales, they stuck by the Playstation brand initially but Sony's increasing focus on the West has basically left them out in the cold. If they give Japan the same push that they did with the 360, they could really grow in Japan due to Sony's seeming apathy for that market.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly the opening is there for MS to make a strides in Japan. The Series X and S are more compact than the PS5 and frankly Sony has basically given Japan the finger. The small to medium sized developers have been flocking to the Switch. Even with it's strong sales, they stuck by the Playstation brand initially but Sony's increasing focus on the West has basically left them out in the cold. If they give Japan the same push that they did with the 360, they could really grow in Japan due to Sony's seeming apathy for that market.

Just bring back in Mist Walker. They created arguably the best 2 JRPG’s of the HD generation. It’s not like they’re doing anything. All they do now is make gatcha mobile games and virtual pachinko apps

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly the opening is there for MS to make a strides in Japan. The Series X and S are more compact than the PS5 and frankly Sony has basically given Japan the finger.

You think so but the Japanese are HUGELY nationalistic.

So far Japan felt more burned by MS in the past than Sony, and they are more forgiving to a native console.

13 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

You think so but the Japanese are HUGELY nationalistic.

So far Japan felt more burned by MS in the past than Sony, and they are more forgiving to a native console.

Sony is lucky to get two or three games in the Top 30 weekly sales in Japan. And went they do, they are typically in the 20 to 30 range. It's less about MS and more about Sony. You have games releasing on Switch and Xbox but not Playstation.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 4/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, MillionX said:

Been playing the game, and i am really digging it.

Very early on the game you are already getting taste of the power fantasy that the game provides with weapons and armor that adds stuff that on games like Destiny would be relegated to exotics or outright not be on the game because it would be considered broken.

Like a combination of normal/blue rarity weapons and armor i have that gives me health regen for every bullet i put on the body of my enemy, not even kill, but just hit them.

I am really liking the agressive playstyle that the game is designed around.

I am just starting on it (lvl 10 or 11) but i am already having more fun with it than what i had with Destiny 2 (which i abandoned on week 2)

Not surprised that the game has 200X more players than Marvel's Avengers.

Another thing i like is that maybe, just maybe, this will bring the B to A/AA games to the spotlight again.

We need more midtier (in production values) games doing good, specially on consoles.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Been playing the game, and i am really digging it.

Very early on the game you are already getting taste of the power fantasy that the game provides with weapons and armor that adds stuff that on games like Destiny would be relegated to exotics or outright not be on the game because it would be considered broken.

Like a combination of normal/blue rarity weapons and armor i have that gives me health regen for every bullet i put on the body of my enemy, not even kill, but just hit them.

I am really liking the agressive playstyle that the game is designed around.

I am just starting on it (lvl 10 or 11) but i am already having more fun with it than what i had with Destiny 2 (which i abandoned on week 2)

Not surprised that the game has 200X more players than Marvel's Avengers.

Another thing i like is that maybe, just maybe, this will bring the B to A/AA games to the spotlight again.

We need more midtier (in production values) games doing good, specially on consoles.

Always Online makes it a Never Purchase for me.

Holy fuck.

I had forgotten that Switch games were $60, despite being on 1.5 console gens ago hardware.

I guess it is because despite having 25+ carts, I have never paid MSRP for one.

And the DIGITAL version is $60 too?

Damn.

Yeah.

Imma just go ahead and drop $24 on Kingdoms of Amalur Rereckoning, and $30 on the full edition of Remnant (played the PS+ version, and it is worth actually owning for $30, much less $30 for the whole game - vanilla that os free on PS+ AND the DLC).

And new PS5 games are $70?

Lolololololol.

There isn't a single PS5 exclusive that is worth the $40  I shall eventually nab Monster Hunter Rise for, much less $60.

$70 is a bad joke best left skimmed over.

Edited by JHDK

How did death stranding and MGSV do in Japan? 

Kojima pushed western actors pretty hard in both of those games. Neither of them really had any connections to Japan at all, and the only Japanese character I remember from MGSV was literally crippled in it.  I've been getting the vibe from Kojima that he's trying to put his foot in the door in the west cause he wants to move into hollywood or something. 

58 minutes ago, globe said:

Streets of Rage 4 DLC

Looks like the second character is Max if I had to guess. 

I'm figuring they're dropping the "good guy" bosses as playable characters which is such a good move

HD Zan looks pretty awesome 

10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

and adding SOR4 Shiva

That's who the third silhouette looks like... Is it confirmed? 

Edited by KingTubb