Samurai Shodown Cham Cham gameplay #2

Ninja Gaiden Master collections character showcase

Switch lite Blue announced

cool?

Nindie presentation tomorrow

I mentioned these and the switch thread and I got no love. 😞 

42 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Yeah, some people don't like him lol

I hope this DLC can change my mind on Yuffie. I like the Remake despite thinking FFVII is ass. So its possible. Maybe this game can do the same for Weiss? Only thing I know about dude is that everyone seems to hate him.

Same Cmos battery in the PS2, PS3, PS5, the Dreamcast, the Game Cube, every Xbox and every PC motherboard. 

its all the same CR 2032 battery, they typically last 10 to 15 years normally (except in the Saturn and Dreamcast).
Only hard part for consoles is to disassemble the console to get to the Cr2032 and make a battery swap.
Swap the battery and reconnect to the internet to restore the system clock 

People have confirmed removing the battery has duplicated the same effect on the PS3 and PS4. 

Edited by DarkSakul
45 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Same Cmos battery in the PS2, PS3, PS5, the Dreamcast, the Game Cube, every Xbox and every PC motherboard. 

its all the same CR 2032 battery, they typically last 10 to 15 years normally (except in the Saturn and Dreamcast).
Only hard part for consoles is to disassemble the console to get to the Cr2032 and make a battery swap.
Swap the battery and reconnect to the internet to restore the system clock 

People have confirmed removing the battery has duplicated the same effect on the PS3 and PS4.

Been getting real tired of the CMOS battery in my Saturn.  Might try to solder in an external battery holder so it's easier to access.  More ideal would be to use a different type of battery with a larger capacity.

10 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Been getting real tired of the CMOS battery in my Saturn.  Might try to solder in an external battery holder so it's easier to access.  More ideal would be to use a different type of battery with a larger capacity.

Other than the clock, the CMOS also holds all the game saves in the Saturn.
People have been doing a Sram to Fram mod, swapping the memory chip to a different kind and pulling power from elsewhere. 

its a mod I been too afraid to do on my own 

17 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Other than the clock, the CMOS also holds all the game saves in the Saturn.
People have been doing a Sram to Fram mod, swapping the memory chip to a different kind and pulling power from elsewhere. 

its a mod I been too afraid to do on my own 

Yes, and the CMOS battery also dies incredibly quickly when the console is not left plugged in.

I thought about doing the RAM mod too but it's a lot of really tiny soldering that I'm not really in the mood to deal with.  There's someone here locally that does really great mod work but I don't boot the Saturn too often these days and so it's probably not worth the expense.

Once the MiSTer has a proper Saturn core I may just sell the console - swapping the drive with an ODE / doing all the battery and RAM mods seems like more trouble than it's worth.

11 hours ago, Skort said:

Man, as a HW fan is am stoked about this !!   It seems insanely good, been waiting for a new HW games for a good while and this one seems to hit all the right things now that i finally see actually gameplay footage.

From the preview/trailer it seems that the Drifting maybe works kind of like the Burnout series, maybe?

Since it seems that it is very arcadeish and that you have some sort of nitro/boost.

If so, then i think i will give the game a chance, for a moment i was worried that it was more like Mario Kart (and its many clones), where the drifting is the more unengaging shit ever.

49 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sony what are you doing

Patch updates cannot be downloaded for some games. Tekken Tag 2 is on that list 😭

3rd Strike Online Edition is affected by this too. 

Sigh...

It seems that i will need to star installing everything and downloading the patches since they keep fucking us over.

They really need to sack the imbeciles in charge that keep maiking those stupid decisions.

50 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sony what are you doing

Patch updates cannot be downloaded for some games. Tekken Tag 2 is on that list 😭

Sony expects you rush that shit down again.

Monetarily speaking.

I hear Sony ranks Visa and Discover as top tier in the Remasters purchasing game.

15 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sony what are you doing

Does your nephew still have that Wii U? Tekken Tag for Wii U still works....for now. And I have copy in my closet somewhere.

3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

the SoR games always felt a bit janky to me.

I think I remember you saying that now. 

Can't promise that SoR4 won't feel off to you, and I honestly don't know what the other games in the series feel like.

I'm going to assume since you can play as characters from the old games that the general feel is the same, so you'd probably not vibe with it. 

6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I think I remember you saying that now. 

Can't promise that SoR4 won't feel off to you, and I honestly don't know what the other games in the series feel like.

I'm going to assume since you can play as characters from the old games that the general feel is the same, so you'd probably not vibe with it. 

Like I said, I'll play 2 again and maybe that'll scratch the itch but if I e d up vibing with it, maybe I'll pick up 4 as well. It looks pretty cool, I like it when beat em ups have characters with different playstyles. 

6 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm surprised Capcom hasn't done a new Final Fight game or asked a new developer to in recent years.

They want to remind people of the FF characters in Street Fighter games,so why not make a new FF game?

Imo Final Fight 1 is still one of the best beat em ups of all time. They absolutely knocked that game out of the park. I'd love to see a new FF game. 

3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

so why not make a new FF game?

Considering that SoR4 sold ~2 million it might not be a bad idea. I think RCG sold about that much too. 

I just don't trust capcom to do that well... at least aesthetically.

It would be 3D models for sure. But they could do it as a test run for a RE street fighter. 

I really doubt Capcom will do any first party IPs with any engine other than RE from now on

14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Considering that SoR4 sold ~2 million it might not be a bad idea. I think RCG sold about that much too. 

It would be 3D models for sure. But they could do it as a test run for a RE street fighter. 

I really doubt Capcom will do any first party IPs with any engine other than RE from now on

I dunno Capcom really knocked RE, MH, and DMC5 out of the park so they might be over their bullshit to a degree. 

Also as a heads up, there's a tribute book for Iwata out now called Ask Iwata that got translated and brought over here.  Its currently on sale at Amazon according to this article

https://www.ign.com/articles/out-now-ask-iwata-words-of-wisdom-from-satoru-iwata-nintendos-legendary-ceo

I may scoop this.  The industry will probably never have another CEO like this guy.

33 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm surprised Capcom hasn't done a new Final Fight game or asked a new developer to in recent years.

They want to remind people of the FF characters in Street Fighter games,so why not make a new FF game?

Considering how badly farming out IP turned out for them during the PS360 era they probably want to steer clear from anything that isn't made in-house.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

You should, it's a good game. 

Do you just not dig the art? What turns you off of it? 

He doesn't like good things.

He doesn't like the best Castlevania track ever, The Tragic Prince! tenor.gif

He doesn't like one of the baddest Belmont ever, Sonia Belmont.

And he doesn't like the new deflect mechanic in Samurai Shodown.

Can you believe that!!!!

14 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

He doesn't like good things.

He doesn't like the best Castlevania track ever, The Tragic Prince! tenor.gif

He doesn't like one of the baddest Belmont ever, Sonia Belmont.

And he doesn't like the new deflect mechanic in Samurai Shodown.

Can you believe that!!!!

😆😆😆 

I like Tragic Prince, I just think Thrashard in A Cave is better. But fuck that guard crush boolsheet tho 😂 

I've played so many beat em ups and some of them are kinda disappointing. So I'm choosy is all. 

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

I honestly think Capcom may not have the people with experience to do a belt scroller beat em up. Hence why all the FF characters show up in SF instead. They also suck at marketing the franchise for some reason and always have.

Final Fight is almost like the Capcom equivalent of Nintendo and Star Fox, they made one perfect game, one or two ok ones and bunch of garbage around it while farming the characters out to other franchises or guest spots.

4 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I honestly think Capcom may not have the people with experience to do a belt scroller beat em up. Hence why all the FF characters show up in SF instead. They also suck at marketing the franchise for some reason and always have.

Final Fight is almost like the Capcom equivalent of Nintendo and Star Fox, they made one perfect game, one or two ok ones and bunch of garbage around it while farming the characters out to other franchises or guest spots.

How hard can it be ? They did make Strider 2014 and that was well received.

Also, I wasn't aware they ported it to PS4 and upgraded it.